[Prp] Lonely Hunt (Ukko x Kahvatu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ukko left his cave early in the morning and breathed in deeply the crisp cold air made him really happy he liked it and he liked his cave that was at the edge of the pride lands, he was used to being a old soul and didn't often see eye to eye with the others in the pride. Though he did care about them it just was difficult for him to express that. At times he felt the only being that really understood him was his companion hare Isa, she was a gentle soul herself and they worked well together. Ukko didn't think he would ever meet a female like Isa who he could share his life with. He was sure he would be a lonely hunter for the rest of his life with only Isa as company. He walked out of his cave and into the trees starting his hunt with Isa for food for the pride.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm
User Image

It was a beautiful, crisp day. The air was fresh as always at the base of the mountain, a fact of life in the Schnee that Kahavtu hoped she never took advantage of. It was a great day for a hunt. A young lioness, she was still getting used to having a formalized job within the pride, but she enjoyed it. As a cub she often felt bad that she couldn't contribute to the functioning of her pride, but now it was a point of honor for her, regardless of how common the title of Snowman was.

Stepping out of her den, Kahvatu let out a lazy yawn before heading towards the nearest tree line. On her way, she glanced down, noticing fresh, deep paw prints in the snow. Someone must have just headed this way. A curious lioness, this only strengthened her resolve to go hunting in that direction - after all, she did not yet have a hare companion, so she couldn't go too far without someone by her side.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Ruler of Everything

Ukko heard someone coming towards him through the trees and snow, he looked back and saw a pale lioness with no hare with her, he was confused as to why she was out in the forest and snow without a hare to look after her for safety. He stopped waiting for her to catch up to him. He didn't like her being out here alone it wasn't recommended by the pride to travel far without a hare for help. Isa looked at the female lioness as well standing quietly by with Ukko. As they both waited in the shadows of the trees and snow.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 pm
It wasn't long before Kahvatu caught up with the lion who'd made the tracks she was following. "Hello!" she called out in the direction of the blue male. As she drew nearer she could see that he had a hare with him - of course he did, wandering out here - a cute little rabbit that matched him wonderfully with blue accents on its fur. "My name's Kahvatu," she said, ducking her head a bit respectfully. "I don't have a hare quite yet, but I love venturing out. Mind if I join you?" A grin placed itself upon her face as she cocked her head, questioning. For the most part, everyone within the pride that she'd managed to meet since being born in the Schnee were kind and welcoming - she could only hope this male would be the same.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Ruler of Everything

Ukko nodded his head in greeting and Isa looked over the lioness curiously she wasn't sure what to make of the female. She said nothing though reserving her judgment. Ukko listened to the female introduce herself, his words were low and slow as he said. "I am Ukko." Isa puffed up her little chest and said "I am Isa." She had a tone of an older hare, she knew what she was doing in these mountains and her stance, she knew she knew. Isa looked to Ukko, she figured with her skills she could look after them both, lions couldn't be left on there own in these mountains they needed her kind to stay safe. Ukko looked at Isa and then back to Kahvatu "Alright you may come with us, but mind Isa she will warn us of dangers." Isa took the lead to guide the pair through the forest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm
Kahvatu grinned in response. It wasn't the warmest greeting, but she didn't need warm - mildly friendly was good enough. "It's wonderful to meet you both," she said, nodding in turn to Ukko and then to Isa. "I'm honored to have you looking after me, too - hopefully I'm not too much of a burden," she finished with a small laugh.

"What is it you're doing out here? I'm just... I like adventure, really. Are you hunting? I'd love to help if I can," she stated, then realized she should probably shut up. Still a young lioness, it wasn't unusual for her to word vomit a bit, nervous when meeting new lions and hares. Hopefully they didn't mind it too much - she could use some new friends.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 am
Ruler of Everything

Isa puffed up her little chest "I am an experienced guide I can look after you both without an issue, you will be safe with me as your guide I have been looking after Ukko for a while now and looked after other lions before him." She said in a boastful manner. She fully believed she was the best guide in these snows.

Ukko nodded his head to the female and sighed at Isa's arrogant behavior but he loved her still he would not take a mate who would not accept Isa they were a team come the fall of the stars or the melting of the snow. Ukko looked out into the forest "Hunting elk the pride needs meat and furs." He nodded and then said "If you like I can teach you to hunt elk."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 am
At Isa's prideful comments, Kahvatu found herself smiling. She didn't have a hare, but she had many interactions with hares within the pride and she had yet to meet one that was so self-assured. She enjoyed it, figuring that pride was a good indicator of capability. And after all, if she said she was the best guide in these snowy lands, who could deny that?
"Well, I thank you for your service, Isa. That really is wonderful news - I'd hate to get lost or buried out here," she said with a nod.

Kahvatu noticed Ukko sigh after Isa's comments, and she giggled a bit. They seemed to have an interesting dynamic, she thought, after only having observed the two of them together for a few short minutes. It made the lioness want a hare even more than for the utilitarian aspect; it would be nice to have a partner to pal around with. "Oh, that sounds great - I've yet to take down an elk. I'd love to be shown the best tactics," she said with another smile. It was very kind of him to offer to show her the ropes, she knew. She was lucky to have stumbled upon him and Isa.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:20 am
Ruler of Everything

Isa was very pleased that Kahvatu respected her the lions owed her kinda a great deal after all. Isa leads the way along the path towards the herd they would have to find a weak elk for Kahvatu's first hunt. Luck was on their side as Ukko scented blood on the wind which meant a creature was hurt or dead. Shortly after the sound of a pained creature reached his ears it sounded like an elk. He leads the female at his side to a patch of trees and shadows that would keep them hidden and targetted the elk that had been attacked by wild dogs or some other creature, or perhaps it had fallen on some rocks. Whatever had happened the elk was without its herd weak and alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 am
Kahvatu could still sense the pride radiating off of Isa as she lead the two lions towards prey. It was well-deserved, she thought, as great hares really were indispensable to the pride. She was about to say something more when she heard the sound of a weakened animal cry carried on the wind. She glanced over at Ukko, who had a serious look on his face as he lead her to a small patch of trees that would allow the pair of them cover.

She stalked slowly, crouching down and looking out to see an elk not too far away, lying on its side. It didn't seem monumentally hurt, but hurt enough - it seemed like it had been attacked by another creature, taken down as its one back leg was bleeding. Kahvatu was curious as to why whomever had taken the elk down hadn't finished the job, but she was grateful for it - weakened prey was always a blessing. She smiled to herself, glad to finally be of real use in the pride, as she glanced over to Ukko with a quirked brow, looking for his expertise and direction.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:44 pm
Ruler of Everything

Ukko gave her a look and then said "The best way to learn is to try, I am right here if you get into trouble." He said in a soft tone, so as not to frighting the wounded elk more. They didn't want to tip off the elk since even a wounded elk could be a dangerous elk and the pair could be wounded if they were not careful. "Attack quickly and go for the neck, try to make it a quick kill." He instructed Kahvatu.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 am
Kahvatu nodded toward Ukko at his instructions, then turned her focus on the elk before them. She took a deep breath, and then with two strategically big leaps she exited their hiding space and was at the side of the wounded elk. Quickly, before the elk could react more than a minor struggle, the pale lioness dove toward its neck, fangs bared - she sank her teeth deep into the neck of the elk, feeling it straing against her grip before sagging and going limp.

The lioness reveled in the taste of the fresh blood - a new kill always tasted so good. She released the elk from her grip and stood up, turning around and giving a great smile to Ukko and Isa. "Now's time for the bigger challenge: getting this big hunk of meat back to the dens," she said with a laugh, tail swishing around happily. Although this wasn't a particularly difficult kill by any means, she still felt a bit of pride at knowing that she'd be bringing back meals for the rest of the pride.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:07 am
Ruler of Everything

Ukko smiled Kahvatu had done a very good job of taking down the weakened prey cleaned and he was proud that she had made the kill well without his help. He chuckled and then said "That I will help you with come let us take the elk back to the pride Isa will lead the way." He said in a soft tone, with blood in the air other creatures might come to try to take their share of the kill.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:28 pm
Kahvatu grinned at Ukko, thankful for his help but not sure quite how to communicate it. She was still a young lioness and learning the ropes of social cues, but she hoped he knew he was appreciated. As was Isa - the hare made this hunting trip as much of a success as it was. She could only hope she'd be paired off with a hare half as helpful and confident as Isa.

"Sounds great! And ah, thanks for all your help - both of you," she stammered out a bit awkwardly. Trying to cover up her own discomfort and inability to communicate quite effectively, she motioned to Ukko to pick up the other end of the elk so they could start making moves back to the dens. If she knew anything, she knew that the scent of blood would only call other predators to the area, and although they were safe in the Schnee lands, one could never be too sure.

Kahvatu reached down and pick up her end of the elk with her teeth, grabbing at the still bleeding neck. She waited for Ukko to do the same before she began to drag the carcass. This was a very successful trip - she could only hope Ukko felt the same. She glanced up at him, still smiling with the animal in her teeth. She also hoped she'd get to spend more time with Ukko - he seemed like a great lion.

MiddyGlow
Fin? Feel free to make your own ending post! We can start a new RP for the two of them if you're still considering pairing them together~

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:01 pm
(Fin)  
[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items