User Image User Image

Kahvatu was a small cub, growing at a slower rate than her three siblings, but she could still hold her own with play fighting. She was quite proud of that. Although, her siblings weren't around right now - she was simply musing about her own small prides. At current, the little cub was wandering around the main area of the pride - she was just old enough to get away with that - when she suddenly bumped into something solid. "Oof," she spat out, flopping to the ground dramatically before rising and shaking out her fur. She then cast her dark eyes upward to see a much larger creature before her - a brown and green lioness. "I-I'm sorry! I don't know what I was looking at." She giggled a bit, finding it funny that someone could lose themselves so.

Kyda was minding her own business with her back turned, thinking yet again about her strong desire to have a hare. She loved the Schnee so, but she missed the days of being able to adventure through the rogue lands. Sometimes she didn't feel free within the Schnee, but she could never see herself leaving. It was a great fit for the naturally fluffy lioness and with her affinity for hares it only made sense. She was interrupted suddenly by something small crashing into her hip. Quickly, she turned around to face the culprit and came to see a rather small, pale cub with curious markings that looked like the spots she'd seen on some cheetahs. Without skipping a beat, the clever little cub issued a quick apology.

In turn, Kyda allowed a soft smile to grace her face. She craned her neck down a bit, wanting to be closer to eye-level with the snowy little cub. "It's quite alright, little one. I've gotten lost in my thoughts many times before - it happens to us all."

Seeing the other lioness smile, Kahvatu immediately returned it with a broad one of her own. Everyone within the pride was so nice, she thought. She was lucky to have been born into such a place as the snow lands. Kahvatu's smile slowly faded, as one always does, as her eyes lowered her gaze from the lioness' face to the rest of her body - she was always fascinated by the color patterns on the coats of her fellow Schnee. The cub's eyes widened as her eyes caught the rear legs of the lioness. "No way..." she stated, finding herself in awe. She knew from some of the elders that she herself had markings that reflected another species called a cheetah - all of her spots were similar to that other animal. Kahvatu also knew from tales of those who joined the pride from the rogue lands of an animal called a zebra that had shaky stripes. The young one was pretty positive that those shaky stripes were the same ones on the lioness' leg.

"You have another animal's pattern. Just like me!" The bright smile returned to Kahvatu's face, looking back up to the large-seeming lioness.

Kyda watched with keen interest as the cub's emotions played out across her face. When the little one whispered 'no way' Kyda found herself confused at what could have possibly prompted that reaction, but soon found her questions answered. The lioness let out a hearty laugh at the cub's excitement, realizing that they had something like their markings in common. "You are right!" she remarked, smiling once more. "What's your name? I'm Kyda, and I'm pleased to meet you." She always found that cubs responded well when they were treated like normal lions instead of like small, defenseless beings. They were smarter than that - Kyda knew not to belittle them.

Forgetting her manners, Kahvatu had forgotten to introduce herself when she apologized. She wondered if mom and dad would be upset at her for that, but she supposed if she introduced herself now it wouldn't matter anyway. "Mine's Kahvatu. Thank you for not being mad at me." She shuffled her paws a bit, not uncomfortably but feeling antsy for some reason. Kahvatu preferred to always be moving, and standing in one place for too long made her feel this way. "Would you want to walk with me? I have so much energy!" She truly did; it was the way of a cub, to have bursts of energy in between long, drawn out naps.

Caught off guard, all Kyda could do was nod. This Kahvatu was a spunky little cub, and she could appreciate that. And what better way to make a new friend than a nice, brisk walk around the pride's core encampment? Even if she had hunting duties to attend to, the cub was so sweet and spunky and she couldn't resist. "I'd love to," she responded before turning tail and starting to walk. She presumed the cub would simply follow. She was right. Soon enough they were on their way, weaving between dens and chatting. Amidst it all, Kyda decided to see if tales of her past would pique the cub's interests. "I'm not from here, you know. I was actually born in the rogue lands."

The familiar wide-eyed look crossed Kahvatu's face once again as she glanced up at her new companion. "Really? What was that like?" Most of the Schnee she met around the pride she assumed were born here - everyone was so perfectly colored to blend into the snowy lands. And while she loved the snow, she often wondered what lay beyond it. And the rogue lands were the very start of that.

Glad to have found a subject topic that would keep them talking, Kyda cleared her throat gently before beginning a monologue. "The rogue lands are both thrilling and terrifying. It's not as safe as it is in a pride. You often have no one to turn to when you're in trouble, or if you need help with something like finding water or hunting gazelle. The lands are dry and dusty in some areas - green and lush in others. And all manner of creature walks through the rogue lands - cheetahs, wild dogs, leopards, you name it. But it's lonely. It's very lonely. That's why I'm so thankful to have found a home here." She smiled softly, her eyes betraying her gentle longing for the adventure and spontaneity the rogue lands offered.

Kahvatu nodded thoughtfully, wondering if she's ever see the rogue lands for herself. She doubted it, and she also wondered if she really cared. It sounded interesting, but the snow was her home, and why would anyone leave such a wonderful place? Her child-like mind skipping around, Kahvatu quickly thought of a new conversational topic. "Oh! That reminds me - I had this dream last night..." she started her spiel, happy to have found a friend (if not a large one) who seemed interested in what she had to say. Maybe bumping into Kyda wasn't the worst thing to happen this moon.