Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 pm
There was rumbling over head as Kaala'Dil came out of his den. His mind was immediately on Kimi, but he knew she wasn't a morning person. So he'd give the yellow female time to wake up slowly and become aware of the world around her. He was really glad he got to see that part of her. It made his heart sing, honestly.

He made his way toward the watering hole the pride tended to use commonly and got himself a drink of water before finally stretching out his aching limbs. The hunt yesterday had taken a lot out of him. It hadn't gone quite right, and everyone ended up doing a lot more running than they had planned. He ended his stretching session with a loud, roaring yawn that echoed in the quite morning air.

"So early," he murmured, blinking blearily. He was functional, but he could have used a few more hours of sleep. Stupid body clock.

Quote:
"I can't believe you did that." Inzi growled, walking down a worn path covered in mud. Following behind him, a light brown female giggled, her own paws covered in the same dark substance that was all over the bright blue male.

"I said look out," Ilkay said innocently. "It wasn't that I was /aiming/ for you. Just the tree that you were sitting in front of." The lioness shrugged. "It's not like it won't come clean anyways. It's just mud." Inzi was such a party pooper! She enjoyed being paired with the hunter on their shifts. She learned a lot, like how lazy of a guard he was.

Her purple eyes spotted another nearby, and a smirk lit to her maw. "Let's get him," she said quietly, pointing to the male.

"No." Inzi grunted. "Watch out or she will peg you too!" He called out to Kaala, before Ilkay had any more bright ideas.

Peg him? His head whipped around and he let out a little warning growl against the threat he hadn't even seen yet. Finally he focused on the female and male, squinting down at both of them before snorting. Were they new members? He hadn't seen them before. Kaala'Dil's ears went flat, eyeing the brown one. He said 'she' so that's who he was assuming.

"It's rude to try to take someone down you don't know," he called back to the female. It took a few moments to figure out if it was worth the trouble or not, but he moved closer to them as another gentle rumble of thunder happened.

Quote:
Ilkay feigned a shock gasp as Inzi announced her plans.

The jokester would need to get the male back. Already a plan had been formulating in her mind.

"You tell her!" Inzi said with a nod of his head. The born-in male didn't know what he did to get stuck with Ilkay as a partner, but here they were.

"You are no fun." Ilkay groaned, wiping her paw in the dirt, scraping off the thick mud that had dried. The roll of thunder above made her ears perk. Ah, a little rain storm! Ilkay enjoyed the rain. It let her before more mischievous than ever. "It's not like I hurt anyone. So he needs a bath, BIG DEAL. He stinks anyways." Ilkay stuck her tongue out at Inzi, who's own eyes narrowed.

"Well that's fine for him I guess, though he doesn't look too happy about it..." He didn't understand tricking like that. It was fairly harmless, though, he had to admit. The pink male just smirked a little and shook his head.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you two are related. I'm guessing you're not?" He hummed and then sat down on his haunches nearer to them. "I'm Kaala'Dil. At least know my name before you cover me in mud."

Quote:
"Related?! Me, to her! HAH." Inzi laughed, causing Ilkay to freeze with her ears pinned back. Oh, he was so going to find something in his bed one of these days. Her eyes narrowed as the bright male continued to laugh.

"It wasn't that funny." Ilkay said with a scoff, looking away.

Inzi's laughter subsided, glancing to and fro the two lions. "I'm sorry, I just...never heard that before." Inzi grinned. "No, Ilkay came to the pride not that long ago. I was born here." He explained. He hadn't seen the male before, so he was unsure if he had joined or if he too was born in. Inzi was a homebody, so you were lucky if he actually got out.

"I am Inzi, and this is Ilkay." He officially introduced.

"I'd shake your paw but you look like you wouldn't appreciate the mud either." The brown lioness said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

That reaction was priceless. The pink male was actually snickering to himself as the two went back and forth with one another for a minute. He tossed his dark mane out of his eyes as they introduced themselves and just chuckled to himself.

Inzi and Ilkay? Easy enough to remember.. Sort of." They were both short and started with the same letter, so that was something. Hopefully he'd actually remember them and not embarrass himself later. Though with Kaala'Dil's luck, he actually would mix them up completely and it would be a whole ordeal.

Inzi and Ilkay. Inzi and Ilkay.

"I mean.." He reached his paw out and gave her a challenging look. "If it's on my own terms it's fine."

Quote:
Inzi snorted as Kaala'Dil challenged Ilkay's words. Oh, he would be in for it. She would he his next target. After all, that was how he ended up getting in this mess.

"You're gonna regret that," Inzi muttered, as Ilkay's sloppy paw smacked right into the male's extended one. Only a small amount of grime transferred to his fur, the rest drying quickly on the brown lioness.

"I can deal with that," Ilkay smirked. Silently, she added 'for now', already formulating plans in her mind. The lioness is and always had been a jokester. What would turn off a female Ilkay found herself embracing. Life was too short to be so uptight. Inzi needed to realize that.

"Where are you off to?" Ilkay heard her blue companion ask, after she had released Kaala's paw.

As soon as Inzi said he'd regret it, Kaala's ears went back. Only for a split second, however, because there was a wet slap and his paw was suddenly grimy. Not overly so, thank the gods.

The way she'd said that made the pink male narrow his eyes at her and he ended up just snorting his thoughts away.

"I'm off to see someone. I talked her into staying so I want to make sure her stay's comfortable. That you know..." He was getting a bit fidgety. Was it suddenly getting warm?

Quote:
"Off to see someone? A she?" Ilkay now became nosey. It was to the point Inzi had to almost drag the female away as the male began to fidget.

The blue lion shook his head, as Ilkay's grin only widened at the sudden movements of the other. "We should get going, and leave Kaala to his friend." Inzi said quickly, before Ilkay could formulate a plan that he knew was already in the words. "Good luck seeing your friend. You should take her to stargaze in the clearing. It is such a beautiful site you know," Inzi gave a small wink, just as Ilkay burst into laughter.

"Come on." Inzi growled, rolling his eyes as he nudged Ilkay. "You need to get cleaned too and leave him alone!" The blue lion and brown lioness continued on their way, their bickering continuing.

He wasn't going to answer anymore of their questions. His face felt hot and he looked down at his own front paws as he moved them together in a nervous way. Kaala had already given her way, way too much ammunition to use against him in gods know what ways and he bit down on the inside of his cheek for a moment.

When Inzi nudged them forward and started on their way, the pink lion relaxed and sighed. "Bye!"

Honestly he wouldn't mind seeing Inzi again, but he had a feeling he'd have to be on his toes with Ilkay. Either way, they were quite the pair.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items