Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply β—„ ι‹Όβ•‘ 𝓩π“ͺ𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓒𝓲𝓽𝔂 ↬ ʜΙͺᴅᴅᴇɴ sα΄›α΄‡α΄‡ΚŸ
🏯 || The Peak Sun Quarter [North, Temple] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kondo Kaicho
Vice Captain

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 am
User Image

Unlike the shinobi, the samurai and their citizens have not abandoned traditional Ninshuu. The Land of Iron's people are more devout and spiritual than their counterparts in the ninja world. The temple district in the north of the city is flooded day after day with worshipers. The temples are massive, awe-inspiring, and are the main source of beautifully designed architecture. This quarter is also the home of the ancient natural energy fueled eternal flame and cherry blossoms which the ancient Zaishin City was built around. Prior to the reign of Yoshiro III the Peak Sun Quarter was the entirety of Zaishin City dating back to the ancient settlers before the city expanded with three additional quarters. Because the eternal flame in the center warms this part of the city, the Peak Sun Quarter is by far the warmest and most resistant to the cold.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:59 pm
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly
[ Seinaru Enjo β€’ Seiryu β€’ Bloodline β€’ Bukijutsu ]
❝ If there is no mud, there would be no lotus. ❞

Hanabi let out a sigh of relief as they were getting closer to the temple and the warmth was apparent. "Now this is more my temperature..." She started to look around and made her way towards a man that seemed to be in his 40s with reciling hair bowed down. "Ojisan, I brought what your wife requested for your new baby and the blacksmith found me, your katana is done." She placed the fur down by her uncle and gently grabbed the ones that Seichii was holding and placed it on top of the fur she put down. Then lastly, she placed the katana on top of the pile. Her uncle made no movements. "May the flame continue to protect, Ojisan." with a half bow, she stepped away from her uncle and left him to pray.

Next, Hanabi made her way towards the center. When they approached the flame, sweat would be noticeable on Hanabi. She bowed towards the flame before straighten up and went around it and kept going straight. "I know an area where we can train in peace. It's where our parents take us if we had too much energy to focus on praying so we let it out there." Past the cherry blossom trees, there was space and it seems that few others were training as well. "Seinaru Enjo is known for fire as you know I'm sure, but if it's not controlled, we would be more explosive. Dangerous. Wildfire, my father puts it." With a smile, she removed the katana from her hip and placed it against a cherry blossom branch. Jogged her way towards one of the walls that had different safe weapons mounted, she grabbed two shinai. Made her way over to Seichii, she tossed the shinai towards him for him to catch. "What is it that you wish to learn, Seichii-chan? Seiryu techniques or perhaps, footwork?" Hanabi also kept her eye out for General Enjo as well.

|❁| β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ β€’ User Image β€’ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ |❁|

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Novasse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 pm
User Image
---------------------------------------xxS E I I C H IxxS E I R Y U
------β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚

The cool chill of the marketplace had been replace entirely by the inviting warmth of the temples in the east. But it wasn't like Seiichi could really just tell a difference immediately. He was much too busy struggling to carry the heavy load of furs currently in both arms. The academy student would grunt and huff while following behind behind Hanabi. "M-My arms...They're gunna fall off. How are you carrying this like it's nothing?" he panted while walking near the man that his friend had apparently known. This must have been her uncle that she was talking about. He allowed the furs to be lifted from her arms as Seiichi soon would nearly lose his balance. His screaming arms would finally experience some semblance of peace. "Ohhhh, I can feel them melting. They're gunna pop out." he thought to himself, silently wishing the man well with a small wave. There was no need to really push his luck with an introduction here. The interior of the temple would cause the boy to sweat, fires dancing around the center of the temple's room that they were in. He had to loosen his scarf and such to really be able to breathe fully. This must have what one of the cooked pigs at the festival must have felt like. He wiped his forehead free of sweat and waited patiently for Hanabi to finish. By some mercy above, she returned to him and lead the boy to where their sparring would take place at. "That's fine by me. Hopefully it's not too much warmer here."

Seiichi would eventually taste the cold as the temperature had slightly dropped. It wasn't anywhere near the center but at least there was some precious freezing afforded to him. "I don't know how your family can stand being around the heat all this time. It's like being in an oven all the time." he said, fumbling the shinai thrown to him as it slipped through his hands and would almost fall upon the floor had it not been for the quick timing of his right hand swiping it up at the last minute. He looked up at her with an embarrassed expression. "I know the Seiryu techniques, but I could use help with that footwork and such. I've only ever fought against trees and fences. Things that don't fight back." he joked, grinning to Hanabi.

✘ location ♦ Market Streets
                                                                                  ✘ company ♦ Enjo
                                                                                  ✘ feeling ♦ Relieved
                                                                                  ✘ status ♦ Healthy!

❖ OOC NOTES [x]

Jenni Deer
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:33 pm
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

Hanabi noticed the young Seiryu complaining about the warmth and the heat of the temple. Her eyebrow rose as her free left hand rested on her hips as she listened him as he made the remark of how her family could stand about being in this heat. And that it was like being in the oven all the time. "Then do something." She replied, her voice wasn't scolding or anything, it was more like a parent that wants her child to figure something out. "You are a Seiryu and since you caught the Seiryu's Clan attention, it means you have chakra. And some knowledge. Not all fights will be cold or hot. Some fights may be in sunshine, others in thick rain where you can't see two feet in front of you. Take the elements of the weather and use it to your advantage," Hanabi explained towards Seiichi, wondering if he would be able to figure it out on his own how to keep himself cool during warm or hot temperatures.

Ah. It was good that he knew the Seiryu techniques but wanted to work on the footwork and he wasn't used to things that fight back. So she was going to have to go slightly easy on him. "Hai, Seiichi-chan." With that, she slid her left foot forward and her right foot back, knee slightly bent as her hips were facing towards Seiichi. Her hands gripped the hilt of the shinai gently but firmly. The hilt was by her hip as the tip of the shinai was pointed to the ground behind her. Stepped forward with her right foot, her hip rotated as the shinai was pulled to upward slash towards the young Seiryu.

|❁| β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ β€’ User Image β€’ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ |❁|

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Runic Spring

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Novasse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 am
Novasse
User Image
------β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚

Seiichi looked confused at Hanabi's response. "Do something?" he repeated, giving her a look that gave the impression that the young boy hadn't been following along as she would have hoped. The Seiryu boy pursed his lips in thought. Just what did she mean by the weather? Argh, this samurai stuff was confusing! He would wiped his forehead free of sweat again while his sword thrown to him by his companion would rest in his right hand while keeping his eyes drawn up towards the sky in thought. Am I supposed to make it rain somehow? Or block out the sun? Oh, what did you ever mean by that, Hanabi-san? he thought to himself, brows furrowed with his attention being drawn towards the older girl in front of him just as she was taking stance. Seiichi panicked, his stomach whirling in knots as his knees bent with his right drawn forward and gripping the handle of his wooden blade with both hands while bringing his blade to meet hers horizontally by mistake. While good in theory, his unsteadiness had caused his defense to falter. The attack unbalanced him as he lunged forward while trying to catch his foot, sloppily aiming to hit Hanabi's side on his way down.

❖ OOC NOTES [x]

Jenni Deer
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

The dilation of his pupils didn't escape Hanabi as he did things rather awkwardness and hasteness. Now she was very curious to his history and background, usually the people of Zaishin was raised by the blade. Was he suddenly thrusted into this or did he believe fates had something else for him before everything possibly changed for him? Their shinai met with a soft 'clunk'. His footwork and body language told her where he was going to lean so she quickly does a sidestep and avoid being hit. Seichii would possibly either regain footing, fall flat on his side/front, or maybe even a roll. Hanabi hoped for a roll. No matter the results, her eyes were warm and calm. Hanabi smiled towards him, a warm friendly smile. "Hai. Something." Her dark almond hues glanced up towards the sky for a moment, wondering if he would get he hint. She doesn't want to give him answers, because the best feeling comes from when you figure something out on your own. "Very good Seiichi. Not bad considering you were a bit off guard. Up! Let's try again. When you are so tired and don't want to get up one of those days, just remember, seven times down, eight times up." With a smile, Hanabi got into basic defensive positon as her right leg was back and her left leg forward with knee slightly bent and both hands at the handle. This time, she waited for him to strike. "Let me see how you strike, come on Seiichi," encouraged Hanabi. She maintained eye contact with him. They always say you can tell an enemy's movements by watching their eyes.

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Runic Spring

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Novasse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:01 pm
User Image

After his little desperate attack missed, Seiichi would continue his tumble and fall face first onto the ground. His cheeks would flourish with a crimson color. His arms pushed off of the warm ground in front of him and back onto his shaky legs to the supposed laughter as Hanabi, just like the others before her. The other fights where his inexperience was known and mocked would bring his heart to a pause while his cheeks puffed out. "If you say so. I didn't even see you coming at me until it was too late. The force of that attack made me fall over. Was it because of the way you attacked?" he asked her before then her eyes turned to the sky. He did the same with furrowed brows. Almond colored eyes would be cast back down form the heavens they so aspired to be in. A moment went by and then two more. He turned back towards the tattoo sleeved woman. "D-Did you want me to try and change the weather, Hanabi-san?" he asked with a look of genuine confusion. "I don't think I have a technique that does that. Isn't something like that sort of advanced for some academy student?" Hanabi just continued smiling which only proved to frustrate him further. It was the sort of expression a child gave when he clearly wasn't fully understanding something which wasn't that far off the mark all things considered. He bent his knees and got into position to try again. His hands gripped the hilt of his shinai tight while he maintained eye contact with Hanabi. Breathe in, Breathe out. His hastened heartrate would begin to slow while he could feel his eyes begin to water. The tears strolled down his cheeks while he took a step forward, swinging his blade downwards towards the woman's shoulder.

❖ OOC NOTES [x]

Jenni Deer
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:57 pm
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

Hanabi noticeably flinched as he landed onto the ground as she cringed so bad that her shoulders were almost higher than her head. Straighten up, she looked at Seiichi with confusion. Maybe she was going too fast for him to keep up. The frustration was apparent and she was remembering her mother and father training on her. Having two strong elements, fire and water, it took Hanabi a long time to tame the fire in her and to soothe the waves. As he went forward for the downward motion on her shoulder, she sidestepped once again, dropping her shinai in the process but this time, grasped Seiichi's arm gently as if her friend was about to fall and she caught him. "Hold on. I"ve made a mistake. This is my fault." Hanabi explained as she gently released Seiichi so he can gain his footing. "Forgive me Seiichi, perhaps I was going too fast." No longer smiling but not frowning. There was no look of disappointment on Hanaib's face. It was more understanding and compassion if anything. "Okay, one step at a time. First, let me show you something that would help cool off here, then I will explain the first movement we did." Gently, Hanabi removed the shinai from his hands and had his body faced her so the others would not see him crying or about to cry. "You are a Seiryu. Focus on the water in you. Right now, your waves are high and disorientated. Imagine the kind of waves you need. Soothing. Calm. Inviting." Then she exhaled slowly. There were light grey clouds above them but it only seemed to go towards 20 feet radius from them. It started to sprinkle extremely slightly, almost not noticeable. Hanabi kept it small for a reason, mainly to avoid the Enjo monks yelling at her. Again. "Use your water chakra and summon up some rain. There are no trick or hand seals to it because it's not being used for an attack, more so of wanting to cool down. You can do it, Seiichi. Take all the time you need. I can wait."

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Runic Spring

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Novasse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:39 pm
User Image

Seiichi's attack sailed downwards though not soft thunk of wooden making impact with flesh had come of it. Hanabi had sidestepped out of the way as if it were a mild inconvenience. He felt her tug at his sleeves, as the novice would turn his head around and catch the smile on her face have disappeared. "Ha-Hanabi-san? D-Did I do something wrong?" he asked in a worried tone. His own brows furrowed in worry. Had he somehow caused her to feel all of this stress? Of course he did, this always happened whenever he tried to get into a fight. The boy was so caught up in mentally scolding himself that he hadn't yet managed to deduce exactly why the woman had interrupted the fight half way through. He allowed his hands to be separated from his blade while looking into Hanabi's eyes with the look of a person who feared disappointing another person. The tears flowed down his cheeks while the Seiryu would receive a refresher about his clan as she put a technique on display. A sea of small grey colored clouds hung overhead as Seiichi looked up in confusion. In that messy black head of hair, the wheels began to turn in his mind before his expression dropped. "Ha-Hanabi-san, you're..." he paused, the affect of his words known between them while he would take rest for a moment and do as she did. He exhaled slowly and allowed the stress to leave his body, leaving behind the worries of what others would think of him. the trouble he had been placing on himself ever since taking up the blade. It took him a while to summon forth the courage to do so, but eventually the cloud would grow only slightly as the rain had begun to drizzle a little more than usual though still remain its barely noticeable status. Upon doing so, Seiichi would breathe a sigh of relief. The temperature had only been slightly offered but was more than acceptable for him now. "O-Oh. I did it!" he said in a tone that suggested it was the sweetest of victories thus far.

❖ OOC NOTES [x]

Jenni Deer
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:
                                                                                  Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

Hanabi mentally flinched when he asked if he did something wrong. She didn't show the flinched as she gave him a reassuring small smile, "Of course not, Seiichi-chan, you did nothing wrong." Her voice was strong and firm, showing that she was telling the truth about it. When she said her words and the clouds formed, she heard Seiichi mentioned her name but she said nothing. Instead, she waited with him. Slowly, she could see his muscles were getting less tense. The weight lifted off his shoulders slightly. The poor boy put all the weight on his shoulders and didn't know how to carry it. Not that she can blame him, she wouldn't know what to do if the same weight was on her shoulders as well. Luckily, it wasn't going to happen. Not many people want a mixed bloodline as the head of one clan cause it may cause problems, but she was also of the lower class. They had to go through many people and generations before she was even considered as an option. Then she felt it. Nice cool drizzle as her smile beamed with happiness and joy. A soft laugh, "Hai! You did!" She said as she nodded while reaching for the shinai. She picked up them up and handed one to Seiichi instead of throwing it. She stood by his side. "As for what happened in the first move, you have what my teacher liked to make fun of me for when I was younger, boulder shoes. Meaning your body is moving but your feet don't match. It makes you off-balanced quickly. My teacher said everyone has it in the beginning. Some learn quickly... some take forever. For me? It took forever. Sadly, boulder shoes are not an easy fix as it took me five years..." Hanabi murmured, getting flashbacks to those days. "Who knows? You might get it quickly!" reassured Hanabi, "I'll help you where I can, Seiichi-chan." Her hands gripped the handle as she brought her left knee back and right knee forward slightly bent. Her left foot was facing the same direction and slightly tilted to the left. The right foot was straight. "Keep your feet shoulder-width as much as possible. It's hard to knock one off-balance if you positioned your foot right. No matter what angle, it would be hard to knock off balance. You may have to shift now and then to avoid being off-balanced but this position makes it easy to quickly shift if needed to be." She slid her back foot forward with a fluid slide instead of an 'earthy step' and moved the shinai to a horizontal slash. "My mother, for fun, she would summon up enough water with two logs in it. Us kids learned how to play on the logs and train, because the rules were, leave the water and logs alone so the logs would be spinning and rotating. I lost a lot and to this day I still hate it. But it worked made me focus on my core and the fluidity of everything around us. If you wish to do that at home or in private, there's that idea for you." Hanabi smiled.

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Novasse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:42 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Hanabi reassured him that he had done nothing wrong, with the ever worrying Seiichi still shooting her a rather anxious glance. Even while he was comforted and focusing on the technique, he could feel her eyes scanning across his form. Could she see through his facade? That he acted all sure but lacked the confidence in himself to reach the place where his family was in. While his jutsu had begun to form above them, the academy student would feel accomplished...for some reason. Maybe Hanabi saw it in his posture, or how happy he was to do something right for what almost appeared like once in his life. Only to then coming crashing back down once she spoke to him about a condition that she herself had managed to overcome that her teacher had that was known as "boulder shoes". He was a slightly confused as to what it stood for, but would quickly put two and two together by himself. "How confusing." she told himself, looking down at his feet and then peering back up at Hanabi. "With my luck, I'll have them by the time I'm your age, Hanabi-san." he tried to joke while bringing the shinai to his hand and then copying the woman's stance to the best of his ability. His hands held the blade steady, with his left knee brought back and right knee forward. Seiichi showed this pose off to his instructor, hoping for some kind of validation that he was doing something correctly. He followed along like one of the children in the academy, who looked up at their teacher eyes the embers of passion and a curiosity driving them forward. At her example of the logs, Seiichi would find it an amusing way to trains and get a better footing for how to properly swing a sword about without worry. He chuckled and would practice a few neural attacks. Maybe a thrust if he was feeling up for it, just blowing off some steam, so to speak.

"I wish I could graduate from the academy. They've held me back two times now based on things they won't tell me..."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:42 am
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

Hanabi chuckled when she heard Seiichi's joke, "Or with my luck, you'll figure it out much more sooner," mused Hanabi. As they practiced some basic footwork, Hanabi was also explaining what to do with the feet if this happened or that happened and so on forth. It was going rather smoothly and Hanabi was a very patient woman, she can wait for a while if she needed to. Seiichi piped up about him being held back into the academy. For a moment to pick her words, she came up with something on the spot. "A still water becomes stagnant. Keep moving, Seiichi. Don't think of "I've been held back again...' Instead, think of, 'I'm here again, what new things can I learn today?'" Slid her foot around, she turned her body and hips as she stepped to be more comfortable while slashing downwards, as if striking someone from shoulder to hips, "Yes, you are in the same learning environment. Make it an exciting challenge. What wonderful marvelous new things can you learn?" She repeated once more as she paused for a moment and wiped the sweat from her forehead with her sleeved arm. Felt the damp hair of hers sticking to her skin, she had the shinai leaned against her while she gathered her black hair, "Always keep moving, Seiichi-chan. Make ripples or waves. Just keep moving." After putting her hair up in a bun to help her neck breathe easier with the mixture of heat and cool drizzle from Seiichi.

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Runic Spring

Liberal Conversationalist

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:33 pm
User Image

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Over the course of several days, Katsuragi had been wandering through the wilderness outside the walls of their home back in the Land of Floods. Arashigakure was almost a fuzzy memory now as they had approached the large gate that led into the fortress that was Zaishin City. Approachable by foot. Not like the Hidden Storm. It was different, sure, but as the rest of the Lands and their empires lay closed off from the world by a subtle mystery of stealth, the samurai had gone the old fashioned route of iron-clad defense. Living up to their namesake I suppose.

Getting through the gate was easy enough. A traveler with no ill intention -- an honest consciousness of trust -- was allowed the pass into Zaishin with little hassle. There was a bit of a snag with being somewhat associated with Arashigakure, however, this association had proved to be severed when presented with evidence of disownment. The Land of Iron's investigation and vetting seemed rather thorough, which came as a happy revelation for Katsu. The second introduction to the city was the marketplace, and this is where Katsuragi spent a good majority of their time as they wandered among the various scents of spices and hand-woven fabrics. The people were friendly enough, though not many were out by the time Katsu had arrived at their home, and each passing face gave a smile in politeness. The blend of new sights and smells was pleasant. The sounds of a market were universal, but the all-time favorite of Katsuragi's little distraction had been the pepper vendor. The overall flash of the market's garment quarter paled in comparison to the vibrancy of the different variants of sunsets and gardens that were available for the eyes to feast on as Katsu passed by the stall which housed them. The previously budding, now prior shinobi decided to make a mental note to stop by once they had finished their original goal. In their research, the one thing Katsu had come to realize was the traditionalist lifestyle many of the citizens in Zaishin adhered to, and if anywhere was a good place to start, it would be at the temple. So, with a reminder of their original intention, Katsu made their way from the marketplace to the Northern Quarter. The Peak Sun the locals called it.

The difference here was staggeringly immediate. The cold was no longer an issue, at least not as much as it had been outside the walls of Zaishin. It was much warmer here than in the marketplace as well. Unfortunately, Katsu did not have much in the way of a change in attire. Luckily, Katsu's affinity with fire-based jutsu not only helped against the cold but also with resisting heat. A small amount of chakra release proved more than capable of creating a somewhat neutral temperature underneath the flowing robes that sashayed across the ground with every step. The gateways to the temple were almost as beautiful as the temple itself, and Katsu stopped every now and then to admire the intricacies of the artwork, laid over what had to have been a few decades of dedicated craftsmanship. They watched the others who funneled into the temple proper kneel before a large fire. Katsu approached the flame and simply copied what the others were doing, too shy for now to ask the reasons behind the action, and then continued on somewhat of a lazy path through the open space of the revered area.

Katsu had moved beyond the trodden path, and into a garden adorned with cherry blossoms. They were beautiful, though they had been more partial to waterfalls over flora. Yet, Katsu could imagine a waterfall beset by the pink petals that bloomed here. Flooding the cascade with their presence for an aesthetic that would likely be best saved for daydreams until retirement. In all of the splendor of the Hidden Steel, the decommissioned genin became lost in thought before settling just beyond the earshot of what sounded like a pupil in training. Something regarding weather and chakra control? Katsu instinctually gravitated toward the noise, despite their current mission, and came to rest their eyes on a dark-haired woman securing their hair as the apparent student was becoming reassured in their doubt over academy life. The words exchanged between the two created some level of nostalgia, and as Katsu took a small moment to eavesdrop they realized that there was something slightly familiar about the swordswoman.

Relying on instinct alone, they decided to approach the duo carefully. "Excuse me...are you the woman who was looking at the kimono in the marketplace earlier? The one with the red lotus?" It seemed an innocent enough question to Katsu, a way to introduce themselves without just appearing out of the blue. Even though that was exactly what they had done in a way.

Ryo: 0 || Weilding: Scythe (Stored) || Wearing: Pictured

Jenni Deer
Hanabi Enjo

Novasse
Seiichi Seiryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

At least Hanabi was a very kind woman for putting up with his shenanigans. Instead of scolding him for thinking such things, she would simply cast them aside and encourage some more positive thinking. He listened to her advice that was likely passed down along her family for years, causing the boy to visibly perk up while she would utter those magic words to rotate in her head. "Always keep moving. Make ripples or waves, just keep moving." he thought to himself while tapping her foot to herself and smiling highly at the woman. "You're very wise, Hanabi-san. Are you sure your teacher wasn't one of the Great Lords themselves?" he asked her in a teasing matter before a sudden new voice would catch him off guard, his messy head turning to face the strange man approaching the two of them, asking his friend if she had been casually looking at a kimono in the marketplace where they had previously met. He wondered if there was a chance that the man had some knowledge of who Hanabi was, but wouldn't press it too hard. He could have also just have been some kind of guy who was just curious...and followed them along to where she was going without her knowledge. Totally normal!

"It's nice to meet you, sir!" Seiichi would greet the man who approached them with his usual genuine and naive greeting. the kind of somebody who was ultimately trusting of every single person. "Did you need anything with us?"

User Image

Runic Spring

Jenni Deer

Novasse

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am
User Image
[ Hanabi β€’ Enjo ]
calmanddeadly

Hanabi heard the compliment as she felt her cheeks getting warmer than usual. She wasn't used to the compliments as she quickly brushed it off, "I'm not wise, Seiichi-chan. I have so much more to learn and so little time." Hanabi caught the teasing as she smiled warmly but it went away quickly when someone had approached them. The stranger inquired and asked if she was the woman that was looking at the kimono in the marketplace earlier, and was even specific to what kind of kimono it was. Her hand instinctively went to her side but then she realized her mistake. Her katana was resting against a tree behind the odd person. Hanabi mentally cringed at Seiichi and his welcome greeting towards the unknown vistor. Her eyes never removed from Katsu. Was she being followed? Stalked? If yes, why? Shinai wasn't going to do much damage but she can figure it out to get to her katana if she had to. "I am. What of it?" Her voice was slightly warm and defensive.

OoC:

Tenshuyami

Novasse

Runic Spring

β—„ ι‹Όβ•‘ 𝓩π“ͺ𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓒𝓲𝓽𝔂 ↬ ʜΙͺᴅᴅᴇɴ sα΄›α΄‡α΄‡ΚŸ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items