User ImageUser Image

Stepping in the low snow, Sega walked slowly making sure his son could keep up with him and not fall behind. If there was one thing he didn't expect it was to be the father of a brood of children. Gorgeous children, but he was still shocked. He had parted ways with the female and in doing so four went with him and the other four went with her. He was fine with that because it was a mutual agreement and something that was discussed beforehand. He stopped and looked back at the small cub that was nearly identical to him except for the grey marks. He wasn't very good at being a father or better yet, he didn't know if he would be good or not. This was the first time he had to put his paternal instinct to the test.

"Are you okay? If you want we can rest here.." He said softly to his son as he heard him say they could continue further. He smiled and walked slowly beside him. "Your going to be a pushy one when your older..I can just see it now..you are going to give other lions a run for their money." He told him letting out a laugh.

"Are you okay with your name? I thought Hrolleif was a good name and suiting for you to grow into. It's a good strong sounding name." he said as he watched his son get his paw stuck in some snow. "Wait let me help you.." He picked him up in his mouth and carried him over to an old broken stump placing him down right in front of it.

"You need to be more careful." He said nudging his son with his muzzle.

When Leif finally got his paw unstock from the snow, he continued onward with his father. He didn’t know what he was going to do when he finally matured, but right now he wasn’t going to worry about it. He did know that this weather was not for him. He didn’t like the cold and the snow. His father seemed to love it, which made him happy.

“I don’t really like the snow..” Leif mentioned to his father as he followed slowly behind him.

While he liked that his son was being so honest it did upset him a little bit that he didn’t like the area since Sega was sure this was the place, he was going to spend the rest of his life. He watched his son step slowly behind him before stopping and taking a break. He could see that his son was struggling a little bit even if he didn’t tell him.

“Maybe this land isn’t for you then..But your also still young. Maybe your thoughts will change when you get older.” He said to him as he watched him flop down beside him.

“How do you know though? What if I don’t like the snow or the mountains or the cold? What should I do if I don’t?” He asked looking up at his father with big eyes.

If there was one thing Leif enjoyed, it was spending time with his father. He could handle the cold as long as it meant he was going to see his father.

“Because your still young. You haven’t seen more of the world or found things you might enjoy. You don’t know if the snow will bother you when you are an adult. You can’t predict the future at all, and you shouldn’t try. You should just go with it.” Sega mentioned to his son. It was obvious that his son really like to voice his opinion, which could be seen as a bad thing to some. Leif didn’t tend to hold back and if he wanted you to now something he did just that.

“Your mother and some of your other siblings are not here either..so maybe you will join them when your older or forge your own path. There are a lot of things you can do. You just have to find your calling.” He nodded as he looked out at the snow landscape before them.

Leif let out a small sigh.

“Your too young to sigh son. What is bothering you?”

“What if I leave and never see you again? Is that what usually happens..? We grow up and leave our parents behind?” He asked as he laid down getting a little more comfortable in the cold snow.

“It depends..some stay and some go. But don’t worry. I’m sure we would meet again. I can travel a little further then you know and once I join the Schnee you can come visit..just don’t travel too far into the lands especially if your in a pride.” He didn’t know where his son would end up. He only hoped he could see him again.

“Oh..well then that makes me happy. When I’m big and strong like you I will be back to see you. Maybe I can spar with you?” The young cub said with a small smile.

“Yes maybe..but by then you might be able to beat me.” Sega said with a soft smile before rising to his feet again.

“We should move. Night will be coming soon, and we don’t want to be out. Plus, we need to get some dinner.” He told his son as he began walking hearing the tiny footsteps behind him. He was going to miss that if his son didn’t stay with him. There was a lot for him to learn here with him, but he wasn’t going to force this on his child. He wasn’t going to force him into the pride just because.

“Okay I’m coming. Just don’t walk so fast this time.” Leif shouted as he ran after him in the snow.

Jerking awake, Sega looked around hearing the howling of the wind outside causing him to sigh. He hadn’t had a dream involving Leif in a long time, which was bittersweet. He hadn’t seen his son in a long time and really hoped he was doing well. He hoped all his children were doing well. He didn’t really take the time to do things for himself or his family. He worried more about his duties and making sure the pride was safe. As a result, he was left alone and lonely.

He rose to his feet and walked outside feeling the cold air hit him before letting out a soft sigh. This was his life now. This was what he wanted and what he chose, but a part of him wanted to find happiness. Wanted to find more. Maybe that is what his dream was telling him. To focus on himself for once. To start a family and maybe find himself some form of happiness.

“One day..” He muttered to himself before moving back inside and laying down. He needed to rest even if it would be a horrible one.

WC: 1154