Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Raffle and Game Arena Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:51 am
Raffle and Game Arena

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A large field has been cleared of rocks and branches and decorated with colored lights and glowing tarps tied to branches overhead, a glowing star orb in the center has lit up the grounds in a glow of blues and reds in the evening. Games will be hosted at the Raffle & Game Arena. A large booth has been set up in the corner to sell raffle tickets to festival goers.

Raffle Prizes : Tickets cost 1 Galleon each.

Horse-Flying Lessons At Lakeland Fells Ranch with Camila Rojas (with Essy ze Ninja)

Dragon Reserve Tour At Romanian Dragon Sanctuary with Axel Roach (with Essy ze Ninja)

Unicorn and You Portrait At Unicorn Farm with Saio Ukida and the artist Kazuki Kimura. (with murruelecreuset and Winsome Fey)

Bowtruckle Feeding At Bowtruckle Forest with Gertrude Stanford (with murruelecreuset)

Meet Eriu the Centaur At the Forbidden Forest (with Cara MiaKitty)

Meet Euthalia the Centaur At the Forbidden Forest (with Miss GryffindorK)

Adopt a Crup From next available litter by world renown breeder

Set of Gold Fwooper Quills Features six quills with three different size nibs

Set of Phoenix Quills Features six quills with three different size nibs

Enchanted Hand Mirror Enchanted to give advice on beauty and style

Rules
1. Must be at least 13 years of age to purchase a ticket
2. Raffle tickets are exclusive to each prize. If you would like a chance to win three different prizes, you must buy the tickets for each individual prize.
2. Some prizes are purely cosmetic and behind-the-scenes while six of the prizes can be completed in-character (e.g. horse flying lessons, dragon tour, unicorn portrait, bowtruckle feeding, and meet the centaurs).
3. You can choose to complete these events either in-character or behind-the-scenes. PM the user next to the prize you've won to discuss whether you would like to continue in-character or behind-the-scenes. If behind-the-scenes, take care to discuss how the event occurred between the two characters.
4. These interactions will not take place "during" the festival, as the prizes will not be revealed until near the end of the event. This is to help bolster interactions between characters who would otherwise have no reason to interact, and to promote roleplaying as a result.
5. Winners may gift their prize to a family member (i.e. Matt can give away his horse-flying lessons to his daughter, Susan.) This is encouraged in the event of a roleplayer winning a prize that has them roleplaying with one of their own characters.
6. The festival will take place from April 7 - 21, IRL. (Two weeks total.)
7. To enter, post your character(s) purchasing a raffle ticket, include the specific prize and number of tickets bought in a quote box in your post. The more tickets you buy, the greater your chance. (Details will be kept hidden in a spoiler at the bottom of this post.)
8. Remember! Winners will not be announced until the end of the festival event, so these interactions will be for the individual winners to follow up on after the festival.

[quote]
(Name): ## tickets for (Prize)
[/quote]

Quote:

John Smith: 10 tickets for Adopt a Crup
Jane Smith: 10 tickets for Unicorn & You, 10 tickets for Enchanted Mirror

Horse Flying:
    Sonora Li: 4 tickets
    Brianna Overton: 20 tickets
    Joseph Hawthorne: 10 tickets

Dragon Tour:
    Ignatius Hepburn: 3 tickets
    Kameron Hepburn: 2 tickets
    Jonah Lane: 3 tickets
    Joseph Hawthorne: 5 tickets

Unicorn:

Bowtruckle:
    Isolde Blodwen - 10 tickets
    Aeryn Quinlan: 2 tickets
    Jonah Lane: 2 tickets

Eiru Centaur:
    Aeryn Quinlan: 2 tickets

Euthalia Centaur:
    Jonah Lane: 1 tickets

Adopt Crup:
    Vincent Cloutier: 5 tickets
    Vespera Salazar: 3 tickets
    Rebecca Richardson : 10 tickets

Fwooper Quills:
    Kameron Hepburn: 3 tickets
    Sonora Li: 3 tickets
    Sabrina Richardson : 2 tickets

Phoenix Quills:
    Axel Roach - 5 tickets
    Vincent Cloutier: 5 tickets
    Vespera Salazar: 2 tickets
    Sonora Li: 3 tickets
    Elizabeth Spektor: 3 tickets

Hand Mirror:
    Arianell Blodwen - 15 tickets
    Elizabeth Spektor: 3 tickets
    Joseph Hawthorne: 5 tickets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:03 pm
AXEL.ROACH _.__
Dragonologist ___
Gryffindor Alum, Class of '32_
════════════════════════

"Anything else you need me to do?" Axel had approached the plump and balding man, a representative from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. They were in charge of the whole festival and he and the other magizoologists were eager to assist in anyway possible. But the plump man smiled and shook his head.

”S'alrigh' now, I think. Enjoy the festival!” he said, waving Axel away to jot something down on his clipboard. The crowd was growing. More families ventured away from their campsites. Couples walked hand in hand. How long had it been since he had seen his family? Christmas maybe? Would he see any of them here? Or an ex-girlfriend?

Axel found himself shuffling through a line of people, the attendents worked quickly and he bought a pair of raffle tickets to show his support. Bobbing his head to the music, Axel wondered how long it would take for the games to start. He aimed to have a front row seat to all of the shenanigans for the night.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
【WHEN:: August 2045
【WHERE:: Raffle and Game Arena
【WITH WHO:: Festival Goers
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Quote:
Axel Roach: 5 tickets for Set of Phoenix Quills

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:03 pm

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Sixth Year, Hufflepuff __________
═════════════════════════ ______

Isolde waited in line; it was easier to be patient with an ice cream cone in her hands and live music to sway to. A handful of coins passed through her fingers in exchange for raffle tickets for her and her sister. Arianell was busy with the stall, under father's orders. Her brother, Cai, unsurprisingly, was not interested in any of the raffle prizes. He was more than happy to wander the festival alone, probably buying every knick-knack and toy he could find.

Moving through the crowd, there was talk of an archery contest. From what she could gather, the targets were being set up now and the game would be announced soon after. Isolde hadn't held a bow since she was little, since before Hogwarts even. She was eager to get her hands on one. It hard to start soon, right? Keeping within earshot of the Game Arena, she wandered around in search of a familiar face.

════════════════════
WHEN:: August 2045
WHERE:: Raffle and Game Arena
WITH WHO:: ---

════════════════════

[Open for Interaction]

Quote:

Isolde Blodwen: 10 tickets for Bowtruckle Feeding
Arianell Blodwen: 15 tickets for Enchanted Mirror

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 am

In the Game Arena, a man in eloquent fuchsia robes took to a platform, rose his wand to his throat with a quick amplifying charm and addressed the crowd. White gloved hands waved people closer.

"Step right up, one and all, for the Archery Contest! Open to all contestants! But if you please--adults on the left and students to the right! So if you would step right up to the lane, we'll get on our way!

"Rules first, of course. Each contestant has a limited number of arrows at their disposal, the contestant with the highest score wins! Hit the outer ring for one point, the middle ring is worth three points, and the bullseye in the center is worth five! Winners will receive twenty free raffle tickets to the prize of their choice!"

[Rules]
1. Keep track of your own points in your post.
2. You have a limit of 1 chance to shoot every 6 hours.
3. Contest will end 4/13/19
4. Two contestants will have the chance to win: 1 adult and 1 student. (ie: student-aged, not necessarily a Hogwarts student.)

[How to Play]
Post your character shooting an arrow and roll using the D20 system.
Scores are tallied as follows:
11-13 = 1 pt
14-17 = 3 pt
18-20 = 5 pt

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 pm
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy was so delighted to be here and a bonus Kam seemed to at least tolerate him at least so they can have fun here. Iggy had to restrain and not spend all the allotted money on the dragon tour raffle. Perhaps Kam's responsibility was leaking on to him. He had been preparing for weeks for this festival. He even wore his favorite dragon shirt! He was wanting to try all the game but he promised their parent he stick with Kam. He would try not to be too annoying though. He was to happy to let Kam and his broken relationship to fully dampen his spirits. "Think we can spot a dragon here?" He joked to Kam determined to have his brother have fun too

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Quote:

Ignatius Hepburn: 3 tickets for DRAGON RESERVE TOUR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival - Raffle Area
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Exploring a Bit
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Those quills look so neat

Kam was still a little shocked that their parents had let them wander off in the crowded festival. The only stipulation they'd put forth was that the twins had to stay together... which made sense. It was annoying, but it made sense. Not that it mattered anyway, since Iggy was stoked as hell for the whole thing. Then again, Iggy loved dragons, and what better place to possibly see them than a Magizoology event? He walked alongside his twin, wearing jeans and a Hufflepuff shirt plus a slouchy hat that covered all his hair. He wasn't sure he was ready to reveal what he'd done to everyone or just keep it to himself. Then again, he still wasn't sure he wanted to keep it. But until he sorted out his emotions, he'd remain the odd-one-out. Iggy asked about spotting dragons and Kam gave an eye roll, albeit more a playful one than mean. "I highly doubt it. That's too much a risk with loads of kids and students wandering around. Not that it's particularly safe around a group of adults, but still." He crossed his arms over his chest, but did also enter the raffle. He had earned a few extra Galleons, after all, and the fwooper quill set looked just so cool!

Quote:

Kameron Hepburn: 2 tickets for Dragon Reserve Tour, 3 tickets for Gold Fwooper Quill set

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:45 pm

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Sixth Year, Hufflepuff __________
═════════════════════════ ______

”Yes! Finally!” Isolde jumped at the announcement, tossed her turkey leg in the trash and bolted down the field. Colorful lights passed overhead as she ran. She didn't recognize any of the faces beside her as she stepped into the lane where the other students had gathered and picked up her bow. Her fingers were clumsy over the string and made use the provided arm guards; she didn't trust herself not to slap the string back, the last thing she needed was a raw arm. Arrow knocked, arms up, the whistle sounded and dozens of arrows sliced through the air. Isolde loosed hers into the chaos.

[Total Points: 1]

════════════════════
WHEN:: August 2045
WHERE:: Raffle and Game Arena
WITH WHO:: Contestants

════════════════════

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:12 pm
User Image
                                                  ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                                  Brianna Overton
                                                  Gryffindor Alumna - Twenty One - Muggleborn - Pest Sub-Division
                                                  Department for the Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures

╚═══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Brianna had volunteered to patrol the festival since she didn’t have any plans to go with friends, but she still wanted to check it out. Besides, the entire festival was being hosted by the department for which she worked. While patrolling, she was able to participate in the games since this was unpaid. And if she happened to see something happen or suspect someone of doing illegal or criminal activity, she had the authority to ask them to leave. Once the archery contest started, the blonde made her way to line up with the other adults. If she won, she could win twenty tickets. Then, all she’d have to do is decide whether she wants a chance to adopt a crup or take horse flying lessons. Brianna got into position and let the arrow go as the whistle sounded.

[Points: 3]

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                                  Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:30 am
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was having a blast. Good music, fun games, magical creatures, and all for a good cause. Vinny saved his allowance up all summer for this. His grandma would let him wander because: one he was a head over the crowd so he wouldn't be hard to miss, and two not many people with working faculties would mess with someone that hit the 7' mark this summer. He had taken the habit of saying hi to people that stared longer than was understandable. It was funny when people awkwardly scampered away from conversation. He had spotted Aeryn and Cian her brother who was more than happy to release Aeryn from his custody as chaprone. Now they were checking out booths and raffles as Vinny entered a few. Shortly after the spotted Kam and Iggy. "Hey guys!" Vinny said approching them. A quick read of body language helped him determine who was who. "Nice hat there Kam bit warm though isn't it?" Sure he knew the twins were butting heads and most had taken Iggy side. Sure Kam had been mean but that didn't mean Kam was bad. Everyone said things in anger and say thing they regret later. Its not like he and grandma never butt heads and need to blow off steam, but in the end they still loved each other. Their friends would work it out eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Quote:

Vincent Cloutier: 5 tickets for Adopt a Crup, 5 tickets for Phoenix Quills

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival - Raffle & Game Area
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny, Hepburn Twins
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Magic Creatures Festival
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This would be a fun job

Aeryn was excited about the magic creatures festival. Care of Magic Creatures had become one of her favorite classes, and the girl was genuinely considering Magizoology for her future career. Despite being stuck with her brother, she was having fun exploring every bit of the festival grounds. Over at the raffle area, she spotted Vinny wandering around. After pleading with Cian, he agreed to let her go hang out with Vinny. Thank goodness too, because he was annoying with his moping about his girlfriend and his weird... overly positive nonsense. Aeryn walked beside Vinny, trusting him to spot anything that needed seeing. She entered a couple raffles, hoping to add to her knowledge of magic creatures. Vinny spotted the twins in their year, so she joined him in greeting them. Vinny commented on Kam's hat, and Aeryn had to admit it helped tell the twins apart, which was something she seldom could do. "Yea, hi guys. How's up?" She grinned, too excited about the event to let the squabbling twins bring her down.

Quote:
                                                                    Aeryn Quinlan - 2 for Bowtruckle Feeding, 2 for Meeting Eriu the Centaur

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:37 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFourth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera hadn’t planned on going to the Festival, Jonah wasn’t going. However, Rion was persistent and so she went. She had not yet seen anyone from the Lane clan. She didn’t see any familiar faces. Everyone was just too dang tall. That was when she saw someone sticking out from the crowd, literally. Vinny. Her fellow Slytherin. At least SOMEONE was easy to find. She didn’t want to flat out make it seem obvious she had only gone there because Vinny, so she first went and got a few raffle tickets (A Crup would be cute, and quills would be great to use in poking), then went to Vinny and the group around him, which unfortunately, included the twins. She sighed, then nodded to herself, she had said she was going to be nicer this year, might as well start with some of her worst people, primarily Kam.

”Hi everyone!” she said cheerfully to the group, before looking up at Vinny, ”You need to shrink. Come back down here please.” She smiled, he was much taller than she remembered, her face was just as his elbow, maybe she was shrinking? She looked around at the others, they were taller than her too but... not by as much as Vinny. She looked towards the twins, primarily Kam (she assumed Kam was the one wearing hufflepuff decor)”I like your hat Kam, I mean, not the best choice of hats for this time of year, maybe something more with a net would be better? Less of a possibility of passing out from heat or something.” she hoped he wouldn’t take it the wrong way, his hat was okay? But it had to be hot with all these people around, she was genuinely worried about him. Oh gosh, she was starting to sound like her Ravenclaw companions, conscious about how the weather would affect someone's ability to wear what they wanted and maintain being healthy?

Vespera moved closer to Aeryn, she was shorter than the others, and it made Vespera feel, well not as short. She needed to wear heals more often, give herself a little boost and maybe be as tall as Aeryn?

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Raffle area
With Whom: Fellow students
Thinking about: They're all too tall. Stop it. no more growing ya'll
Vespera Description: Short 4'8", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: Short green floral dress that on a normal person would be a tshirt, and sandals,
OOC:

Addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

[quote="Kungfudemoness”]

Quote:

Vespera: 3 tickets for Adopt a Crup; 2 tickets for Set of Phoenix Quills

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:13 am

"Notice! Fifteen minutes left in the contest!"

[Rules]
1. Keep track of your own points in your post.
2. You have a limit of 1 chance to shoot every 6 hours.
3. Contest will end 4/13/19
4. Two contestants will have the chance to win: 1 adult and 1 student. (ie: student-aged, not necessarily a Hogwarts student.)

[How to Play]
Post your character shooting an arrow and roll using the D20 system.
Scores are tallied as follows:
11-13 = 1 pt
14-17 = 3 pt
18-20 = 5 pt

[Event will end tonight.]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:20 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

Sonora wandered around the fair, absentmindedly searching for her friends and generally trying to enjoy the festival ambiance. August and her had discussed what they were going to get earlier, and now it was just up to her to submit their orders, since he was still a few weeks off of thirteen. Even if she wasn’t taking Care of Magical Creatures next year, she still loved anything to do with flight and had been convinced to submit her tickets for Horse-Flying Lessons instead of going for the Dragon Reserve Tour in an attempt to surprise and cheer up Jonah or Iggy.

When she turned around again, she beamed, noticing a Vnny towering over the crowd. Thinking other friends would have the same idea, she headed towards them. ”Hello Vinny!” she greeted with a hug. She was barely chest-level with him now, which made Sona grin a bit, thinking back to when they were almost the same height way back in first year. ”Ves! Kam! Iggy! Aeryn!” She greeted each friend with a hug, immediately cheerful. She wasn’t terribly familiar with Aeryn, but they had talked in class a few times at least, and knowing she was a good friend of Vinny’s, Sona was happy to get to know her better.

A quick scan around informed her that Jonah had not found them yet. But it was a Magizoology festival! There was no way he would miss this event, right?

Quote:

Sonora Li: 3 tickets for Set of Golden Fwooper Quills, 3 tickets for Set of Phoenix Quills, 4 tickets for Horse-Flying Lessons.

Kungfudemoness] [/quote]
[quote="Miss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

Trickblues rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:19 pm
User Image
User Image
Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues strong
It's always darkest before the dawn

User Image
Pureblood | Gryffindor | Third Year | Thirteen Years Old | Art Club
Summer 2045 Games and Raffle Area, Fantastic Beasts Festival With: ---
Wearing: Ponytail w/ Glittery Gold Srunchie, [x] Status: "Better a violin bow than an archer's, apparently"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Lizzie wasn’t particularly as in to the festival for the fun and games as she was at the prospect of a large crowd. The past two years at Hogwarts had done little to aid her in her hunt for her father, but knowing Liam Spektor? The auror loved a good festival. Surely she’d be able to catch sight of the man, if she could even recognize him at this point. And then…. Then, she had no idea. Kick him in the shin? Really, she should have put more thought into this.

At some point during the evening, Lizzie had managed yet again to lose track of her grandma Edie. How could an old broad be so quick on her feet? It was beyond her. She knew the woman would show up at some point once she was done with the booths, so in the meantime she had found herself heading to the games area. With no signs of her dad, she had opted to occupy herself with purchasing some raffle tickets with her allowance and then with the archery contest. She’d never exactly shot an arrow before, but what the hell, right? 20 tickets!

She’d taken a place in line and once it was her turn, she fumbled a bit with the bow and arrow. “How do these things even work?” She mumbled to herself. Taking note of an adult shooting off in the line beside her, she mimicked the hold on the bow and locked her arm in place. This… Seemed right, anyway.

She released the arrow and it seemed to have shot properly, but her aim was terribly off and it landed in the ground by the target. With a sigh, she handed a bow off to the next person and went on her merry way. "Best not to quit my day job, I s'pose!"

Quote:

Elizabeth Spektor: 3 tickets for Phoenix Quills, 3 tickets for Enchanted Hand Mirror

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Open For Interaction
Username

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around
Our love is pastured such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground
So I like to keep my issues strong
But it's always darkest before the dawn

Trickblues

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm

The man in eloquent fuchsia robes took to the platform once again, his gloved hands called for the end of the contest along with a sharp, shrill whistle.

"Bows down, please! Bows down! I want to thank each and every one of you for your participation, however, we can only have two winners tonight. And without further ado; for the students, we have Miss Isolde! And for the adults, Miss Brianna!

"If you two lovely ladies would go to the ticket booth you may collect your winnings there.

"And stay close, witches and wizards, because we still have one more game for you tonight: a scavenger hunt! But you will need a partner, so hurry and find one before the hunt begins!"

[In order to collect your free 20 tickets; proceed as you would if you were "buying" the tickets (with a quote in your post) and simply mention that you were the archery contest winner for the free tickets.]

[The Scavenger Hunt will be starting tomorrow afternoon(ish). Partners of (at least) two (but no more than 4) are required to play.]

[quote="kiska166]

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces