Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Raffle and Game Arena Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival - Raffle & Game Area
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny, Hepburn Twins, Ves, Sona, Jonah
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Magic Creatures Festival
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What the hell

Aeryn watched Jonah, Iggy, and Ves all wrapped in a weird embrace that Jonah carefully broke. Secretly, Aeryn had bets on either Iggy or Ves dating Jonah, but she didn't know which way the boy swung, so... She glanced up at Vinny, blushing a bit when they made eye contact before she looked away fast. Luckily, Ves' voice drifted over. The girl looked over to see the shorter girl scolding Kam before she tugged off his hat. What was underneath caused a slew of reactions all at once. Most people, it seemed, were supportive, despite the fact that he looked like an absolute idiot. She did notice Jonah trying not to laugh while exchanging looks with Iggy, who looked a mix of concerned for and exasperated by his twin. "I think you look absolutely stupid. You do you, though." Honestly, she thought the others were too nice. The twins' melodramatic nonsense was growing old really fast. Oh well. It wasn't like she was on their radar to just... hang out with.

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Trickblues

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival - Raffle Area
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy, Vinny, Aeryn, Ves, Sona, and Jonah
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Exploring a Bit
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why is everyone here?!

Kam rolled his eyes heavily at Ves and her nonsense about heatstroke or whatever. Of course she'd choose now to get involved. Luckily, he could just tell her to bugger off and continue wearing his hat. He was just about to remark on not being in healing when she realized that herself. Good. Because neither twin had opted for Healing, so she didn't even have that as an excuse. All the sudden he felt his hat being swiped away before he could stop it. He turned and looked at Ves, his eyes wide. What had she done?! He took his hat back, blushing vividly. In an effort to save face, Ves said blue was a nice color. Joy.

Kam looked over at Sona when she spoke up, though he was genuinely relieved when she seemed to like it. "Y-yea..." He barely whispered his stammered out agreement, but she added in that it was nice. She really liked it? He noticed Jonah covering his mouth as well, though if in surprise or trying to be nice, the Hufflepuff wasn't quite sure. He was, however, glancing at Iggy, so Kam's eyesight followed. Iggy looked... concerned, perhaps? Maybe because Iggy knew best why Kam had done what he'd done? Or because Iggy was too damned empathetic for his own good? Vinny seemed... genuinely delighted, then complimented Kam's self-dye attempt. That one brought a tiny semblance of a smile onto the now-blonde's face. Of course, that quickly fell when Aeryn said he looked stupid. Fantastic. "Ah, you know me. Just... wanted to try something different." His words sounded hollow and fake even to him, but Kam was determined to not ruin everyone's evening. This was supposed to be a fun event, but now he literally felt like a beacon for attention. The boy tugged his hat back on, eyes on the ground as a blush remained firmly in place across his pale cheeks.

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Trickblues

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:19 am
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy was glad for the most part that the reactions were generally positive..... at least till Aeryn chimed in Iggy knew she was not one to hold her tongue. Iggy ended up shooting her a seriously!? Kam was clearly starting to not enjoy himself. Iggy really wanted Kam to not be so uncomfortable. Sure he missed being twins but it pained him more to see his brother distressed. There be a brief moment of both of them nervous before Iggy would steel himself to change the subject. "We're all a team maybe could try that scavenger hunt?" Iggy asked the group. That give Kam time out of the limelight. And more tickets!

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 am
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was initially glad Kam seemed a bit better about his hair....till Aeryn voiced her opinion. Sure colored tips were something his grandma would have had at thier age but Aeryn was a bit on the savage side. He lightly elbowed her, their signal of she needed more tact. A well used signal to be sure. Lucilly Iggy broke the palatable awkwardness buy offering the scavenger hunt "I'd be down for that. I can probably be our best spoter." Vinny said. If he knew what to look for he had the best chance of spotting it. Aeryn probably be down for the competition of it all. Perhaps he could get more tickets to add to the crup raffle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Third YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick laughed when Liz said she couldn't have anything nice with him around,"Of course you can Liz, you have me around when I'm around. I'm the nicest thing that's ever happened to you." He did back off, befpre she tried to stab him with something besides hitting him with her fist. She had a purse, those things were terrifying with how much they could hold, especially if a witch was carrying one.

"Besides, how do you know my full name? Did you get ahold of Brook? I can't believe that twerp, telling my name to whoever she wants." He grinned a goofy grin and reached out his hand toward her, if they went off he didn't want to lose her in the crowd, he did NOT want to hold Lizzie's hand for any other reason, she was like his sister that he could tease all the time. He would punch anyone who said otherwise about them. "Well, a game based on my sister's own heart. Who can eat the most of a single food without being sick. The loser has to pay." Aldrick had no plans in losing, he had only ever lost to one person, and that was Brook who loved her food. He would win this, get full, and still have plenty of money afterwards to spend wherever he wanted. It was a win win,"So, what say you firecracker? You in for a challenge?"

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Festival
With Whom: Liz
Thinking about: Food eating champ
Aldrick Description: 5'2" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: Clothes.

Trickblues

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFourth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera nodded to the large group, glad no one tried to beat her up for pulling kam's hat off, not to say that any one of them might have revenge when Ves wasn't expecting it. When it was suggested to do the scavenger hunt, Ves was all in for it, but then she looked around at the group, who were all going to begin pairing up for the hunt. Kam and Sona, Jonah and Iggy, Aeryn and Vinny, she was the odd one out.... she frowned to herself. Surely they wouldn't purposefully have left her out, they just, had better friendships with the pairs of themselves. It just happened they were an odd number, it was fine... right? She wasn't going to have them mess with their pairings just to suit her.

"You guys have fun, I'm going to go see who else I can find in this place." She smiled at them, turned and walked off. Maybe it was best, no one could mess with her for the time of the event, unless they happened to find her. Vespera nodded mentally to herself, maybe being alone would be better anyways, if she were on her own, then she couldn't make the others angry at her. Long distance friendships were better than no friendships right? That's how her and Rion were friends, the occasional letter back and forth, usually several weeks before any response, but it was better than nothing. Perhaps, this was the best way, with not as many friends for distractions, she would be able to better herself at school. Be on the positive side.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Raffle area
With Whom: Fellow students
Thinking about: Wellp I'm out of here
Vespera Description: Short 4'8", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: Short green floral dress that on a normal person would be a tshirt, and sandals,
OOC:

Addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

[quote="Kungfudemoness”]
[quote="Trickblues”]

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:09 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

The reactions seemed to mostly be positive, but Sonora caught some kind of mind-reading going on between Iggy and Jonah and Aeryn's comment seemed particularly harsh. Thankfully Iggy quickly turned the topic away. "A scavenger hunt sounds lovely!” Sona jumped onto the opportunity immediately, running off before another word could be uttered for where she saw an announcer passing out scrolls for the game earlier.

She got back a few minutes later, sharing a few copies of scrolls with clues on them she’d grabbed. ”We can only be in groups of two to four and I grabbed three papers so I guess…” She glanced around at her friends. Vinny and Aeryn looked like they could could use some time alone. And--”Where did Ves go?”

Once she found out that Ves had wandered off, Sona figured she’d gone off to find Rion to scavenger with them. For the rest of the group, they could be a group of four, but… well, Jonah and Iggy looked like they had things to say and even if putting the two of them together for a magizoology puzzle seemed like a winning combo, that just added to the challenge. ”Well if we were being fair I suppose we should all be in pairs then?” She turned to Kam with a grin. ”Kam! Ready to win this?”

Holding the parchment between them, Sona took a deep breath and focused on the challenge before them. If they just focused on the task ahead, they could ignore everything else for the while and just enjoy the challenge. After they’d both had a chance to read everything through, she turned to her partner. ”What do you think? I’m think 5 is the frog choir--maybe there are some pairs by the stage? And 7 is for sure the augurey--my grand-uncle has his by the kiosks so we can definitely get a photo there...”

“6...Do you think they’d have a boggart here?”

Scavenger Hunt team
Kameron Hepburn + Sonora Li

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                    Joseph Hawthorne
                                                    Hufflepuff Alumus - Fourty Six Years Old - Halfblood - Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau
                                                    ╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Joseph walked over to the ticket booth. Looking over the possible raffle prizes, he put his name in for five different prizes. Ten tickets for Will, Jack, Izzy and Tanna. Although he knew what Jack and Will wanted, and of course he wanted to surprise Tanna with some quills, Joey unfortunately wasn’t too sure which draw Isabella would have wanted to be entered into. The father did his best to hopefully select one that she would like. Once he finished, he walked over back to Jack. “Will already took off?” he asked, unsurprised at coming back to only one of the twins. Joey knew Will would be a lot more interested in participating in the games, whereas Jack’s interests were becoming a little more similar to his father’s. “Did you want to watch the games or go to the kiosks? There’s one that’s selling books on magical creatures. I’m sure there’d be something on dragons, if you wanted to check it out.” In all honesty, Joey was pretty glad at least one of his children was as into dragons as he was – if not more. He supposed that was bound to happen since the man had raised his children all the while teaching them about those magical beings. Looking at his watch, he figured they still had enough time to do both things as long as they managed their time properly as Joey had promised his sister that they’d go watch her performance. It wouldn’t be too hard to make it on time since she was the last performer of the night.

((OOC: reposting here because I posted in the wrong thread))

I was crazy about you then and now

The craziest thing of all
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Over ten years have gone by and you're still mine xxxxxxxxx

We're locked in time

Quote:
Joseph Hawthorne: 5 tickets for Dragon Reserve Tour
Joseph Hawthorne: 5 tickets for Enchanted Hand Mirror
Joseph Hawthorne: 10 tickets for Horse-Flying Lessons
Joseph Hawthorne: 10 tickets for Set of Gold Fwooper Quills
Joseph Hawthorne: 10 tickets for Unicorn and You Portrait

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the festival winded down, many of the vendors had already left or were packing up their merchandise. The DJ played instrumental music while families were taking down tents and gathering their loved ones.

"I want to thank you all for coming to see us! We managed to raise over 1,500 galleons this year! Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. I know you've ALL be waiting to hear the results of the Raffle. An owl will be coming round to each of the winners so I suggest you keep an eye out!

Have a great night everyone!"

[Winners]

Horse Flying: Brianna Overton

Dragon Reserve: Ignatius Hepburn

Unicorn and You: Joseph Hawthorne

Bowtruckle: Aeryn Quinlan

Eiru Centaur: Aeryn Quinlan

Euthalia Centaur: Jonah Lane

Adopt A Crup: Vespera Salazar

Fwooper Quills: Kameron Hepburn

Phoenix Quills: Sonora Li

Hand Mirror: Elizabeth Spektor

[Note: Winners who have won a Roleplaying Event; be sure to get in contact with the volunteer roleplayers' to discuss the when, where's, and what's of your interactions, whether that be Behind-The-Scenes or not.) For the other winners, you will receive your "prizes" over the summer just in time for the next school year!

[OOC: So sorry for the long break! Had a bunch of family come over for the holidays and little kids are just not conducive to a half broken laptop. And then one of the little buggers got me sick! So.. yeah.. And for the bands that never got a chance to perform, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to find time to come online and switch to the next performance. So for that, I'm really sorry. ]

kiska166

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Trickblues

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers