Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Festival Grounds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival Grounds
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck & Beckah, Customers
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Selling Art
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope today goes well

Dris was still nervously jittering when Beckah responded to his question. She said, quite confidently, that he should be proud of his art and that he was a great artist. A small blush touched his cheeks, though his attention was quickly grabbed by Puck agreeing. She reminded him that he had backup, which did indeed make him feel a little more at ease. He was about to interject with a word of thanks when Puck continued, saying people bought weird stuff all the time at festivals. Dris opened his mouth to disagree, but she quickly shot him down by saying his art wasn't weird. "You're right, it's not weird. It's.... unique." He used the word Nan always used to describe his art, though he still wasn't sure it wasn't just the old lady equivalent of "what the hell is this?!" so... "Either way, thank you both. It means a lot that you're here to help... and also keep me from panicking too much."

He resumed adding vivid red streaks to the canvas, his fingers coated in the gloopy paint. He looked up when two girls came over and began to sort through his various paintings. He took a deep breath, looking over at Puck for emotional support. The girl in mention was showing off one of his newest paintings, a vividly blue and green peacock done up on a deep red, swishy sort of background. He'd discovered that using various songs to do up the backgrounds, then contrasting them with the sharp realism in the foreground made them look really neat. He was about to mention the painting process when the girl asked him how much it was. "That size is.... um.." He glanced over the prices list he'd come up with (with the help of Milo, for math, and Wyatt, to translate Milo's garbage writing). "It's ten galleons. And I'm really quite glad you like it. That one took a bit of work and an interesting combination of songs." He grinned, running a hand through his hair and leaving behind bright red streaks across the side of his hair.

Yukina101

Summer II

kiska166

rawwry

I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋᴇᴛs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇᴛ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs.
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07 am
User Image

User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
f a n t a s t i c x b e a s t s x f e s t i v a l
z o e x , x p u c k x , x d r i s k o l x , x b e c k a h
f e s t i v a lx

After finishing off her own hotdog, Arwen threw away her trash, making sure not to litter. She brushed the crumbs off of her hands, realizing that she had neglected to bring hand sanitizer with her. That was silly of her, although she supposed she didn't go through the usual "toddler check-list" she typically did when traveling with Atlas. "Nothing like a good, old hot dog to cheer you up," she joked. When Zoe offered Arwen chips, she reached into the bag and taking a few, "Thanks," she said gratefully, before munching on a chip. She had to admit, she was rather pleased to not have had to come by herself and Zoe was fun to hang out with. Making friends as an adult was a lot more difficult than it was in school, but she thought she was doing pretty well for herself.

As Arwen and Zoe made their way to the art booth, she couldn't help but stare at one of the girls standing at the booth. Arwen knew she knew the girl, but was having a hard time placing her. Maybe she had seen her in Diagon Alley? No...she probably wouldn't have made such a lasting impression if she had just noticed her walking by. ""Oh, that one's neat!" Arwen commented as Zoe drew her attention to a painting of a vibrant peacock. The art being sold was very impressive, the use of colors amazed her. Arwen could easily get distracted inspecting each color way used, but the thought of that girl kept nagging at her. Was she from America? That would make more sense, she supposed.

Deciding to chance a strange look, Arwen looked at the mystery woman. She took a few seconds to process the facial features, before exclaiming, "Puck?!" That was it! The pair had gone to school together, hell, they'd even graduated together. "Wow! Sorry, I knew I recognized you from somewhere. How have you been?" Arwen asked, she hadn't realized Puck had come over to the United Kingdom. Although, if it were just for a vacation, she would have no real reason to tell Arwen. It wasn't like they were best friends in school, especially considering how Arwen curled into herself toward the end of their education. Nevertheless, she was excited to see a former classmate!

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166
Summer II
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:47 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
яєвєкαн нєαятωσσ∂
нυffℓєρυff αℓυмиα
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Focused
xLocation: Festival Grounds
xWith: Dris and Puck
xStatus: Single

Puck had agreed with Beckah in her assessment of Dris' artwork, which made Becks smile. At least she was getting better at the whole 'cheer her friends up' thing. "I've always thought weird was better. Everyone always calls me weird and I'm fun." It wasn't a question; that was a statement. Beckah's attention was drawn to two people approaching the booth. The raven haired girl stopped drawing the man at another booth and watched their approach. They were considering one of Dris' paintings, the one with the peacock on it. Beckah could practically feel the waves of anxiety rolling off her friend as he explained the painting to them. With a small sigh, Beckah pushed herself to her feet, brushed the dirt off her bum and adjusted her dress to make sure it was sitting right. Then she watched the two girls, her head tilted slightly to the side. Consideration of art was something she never really studied, since most of her interactions with art were her doing her sketches or charcoal work, or watching Dris or Lizzie paint.

When the pale haired girl asked how much one of the paintings was, Dris seemed flustered, but managed to get out the price. Beckah gave a small smile, hoping her friend made a sale. She knew how good she'd felt when her first wand sold, the girl practically crying out with excitement. Her attention shifted to the other girl when she recognized Puck. Did everyone know everyone else here? Beckah continued to watch the girls, her attention darting between them.

Out of Character: {...}

Rawwry
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101
kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:19 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟ Puck snorted to herself as Dris changed her wording from "weird" to "unique" knowing one of his dad's must've told him that at some point. Or maybe even his grandmother; when she'd finally gotten the chance to meet her she had certainly been everything Dris had tried to tell her. She had left there with enough leftovers to last a week and a promise to return if only to give more love to her senior cat. Before she could offer up any more wisdom, two girls came over to them looking over the art one of them being the one she'd thought was familiar.

As he haggled out the prices she took more pictures of the people walking past, some of kids but never of their faces, while trying to subtly look over the still familiar women trying to figure out where she knew her from. It seemed as if she wasn't the only one because she was sure she kept catching her eye randomly and was about to just ask when her name was called out making her eyes widen. So they did know each other? As she spoke, she head the familiar New England accent from school and after staring long enough it finally clicked that not only did she know the other woman from school but she was even half her classes! An-something? Or Ar? Annie? Arnie? No wait-! "Arwen! Holy s**t, no yeah uh, same?" Puck sheepishly grinned and chuckled. "I've been alright I guess. Keeping busy and all that. What about you?" As she spoke to Arwen all her memories of her classmate started flooding back, particularly that awkwardly morbid business about her mom's disappearance. They hadn't been particularly close but she had at least spoken to the girl on occasion about other things than "did you happen to copy those notes before they spontaneously erased themselves?"

Miss GryffindorK

Rawwry

Summer II

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 pm
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                              I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Twenty Two Years Old - Pureblood
                                              Hair Stylist - Magic Clips Salon

╚══════════════════════════╝

Zoe looked from the painting to Driskol, and then back to the painting. Ten galleons, hey? “I’ll take it for eight,” she said, looking back at him. Hopefully he was okay with a little bargain – and Zo thought she was pretty good at it with all the practice she’d gotten while travelling. European countries typically allowed for bargaining, but not every vendor was open to it. Truthfully, the Frenchwoman would take the painting for ten galleons if he didn’t budge, but she wasn’t about to tell him that even if the artwork involved more work than his less intricate pieces. “Oh, uh, you got some paint in your hair. Hold still,” she said as she ran her hand through his hair, using wandless magic to make the red disappear. “There, all clean.”

Zoe had been told before that she was too open and too comfortable when it came to doing certain things. For example, she was a hair dresser and perfectly comfortable touching other people’s hair and having others play with hers (even though she styled her own hair). Driskol, on the other hand, may not be as comfortable with her just deciding to touch his hair without asking him first. Furthermore, if one of these girls was his girlfriend, she may be upset about it, too. If she was, though, she really had to relax since all Zo was trying to do was help. Hazel eyes looked over at Arwen when she had struck up a conversation with the girl named Puck. What a small world, Zoe thought, looking over at Puck before scanning the passersby to see if she recognized anybody. If her American friend ran into another American girl that she knew, there was a definite possibility of Zoe running into someone from France.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

rawwry
Summer II
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Festival Grounds
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck & Beckah, Customers
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Selling Art
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why did she touch my hair?!?!?!?!

Dris sent a grin of thanks toward Beckah, glad she'd remarked. Her words were true, too, since a lot of his favorite things were classified as weird. He looked over to his first ever customer as she bartered the price. Truly, it didn't matter to him, since he was donating everything at the end of the night. He could easily afford materials, so that wasn't a concern... but he still wanted to sell his art for what he thought it was worth. Part of him wanted to be snarky and remind the girl it was all for charity, but instead he decided to remain polite. After all, he wanted returning customers. "How about nine and you've got a deal?" He shrugged, thinking it fair enough. After all, if he added in materials cost it would be a fair bit more expensive. Plus, he wanted to help out the Magizoologists as much as possible. They had a cool job and he had a soft spot for animals.

After he ran his hand through his hair, he looked over at Puck, who seemed to be eyeing the other girl at the stand. Was it a rivalry, or did they perhaps know one another? He was about to ask when his attention was drawn back to the icy blue whorls of the girl buying art. She said there was paint in his hair, and just as he went to investigate, she ran her hands through his hair. The rather awkward young man froze, eyes wide in surprise. After what felt like a lifetime had passed, Dris blinked back into focus, then took a timid step back. Was it customary for people to just... touch random people like that? Man, now he was really nervous about the rest of the night! He shuffled a bit, looking to Puck for help, but she was engaged in conversation. Maybe Beckah?! Maybe... himself? "Ah.... um.... thanks?" Man, he hated his voice for betraying his nerves.

Yukina101

Summer II

kiska166

rawwry

I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋᴇᴛs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇᴛ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs.
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 pm
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions
and rainbows have nothing to hide

คɠє 8 🌠 гคเภ ๔คภςєг 🌈

☁☼☀✰Lulu was close to skipping as she held her mum's hand as she lead them around the festival grounds. She was so excited about a magical animal festival that she made sure to wear her special catband to support them anyway she could. So far she'd seen the hippogryffs that her mum Nell was always working with and while the unicorns had been cool and all she wasn't that impressed by them. They were sparkly and had a horn and were a horse. They couldn't fly like a pegasus or a hippogryff could. Or even a dragon! They were just an extra special horse. It felt kinda silly saying all that while also wearing shoes with unicorns on them but the stores her mums shopped at didn't sell hippogryff ones, the mermaid shoes looked too silly and dragon shoes were too red. The fact they were boy shoes didn't matter much to her except that all dragons weren't always red and black, her mum's creature book said so!

After having fun looking at the creatures, Lulu had asked if they could stop by Theo's treat booth because she had (sorta) helped with some of the treats, mostly as a taste tester for the ones he said were supposedly safe or whatever that meant, but he had said he'd have some special ones just for the festival. It didn't take much to convince her though she'd been made to eat "real food before she stuffed herself silly with sugar." So she had a corndog and some of her chips (her mum had finished the rest) and practically dragged her along in search of Theo. When she finally spotted him, and Nath too!, she let go of Nell's hand to run over to him basically barreling into his lower half.

"Theo all your treats look so amazing! They look just like the animals an' I know cuz we just saw a bunch of them! I really liked the bowtruckles an' the hippogryffs but no so much the unicorns but they were still nice though." Lulu rapidly told her brother before turning to Nath. "Hi Nath! Are you helping with the treats?Does that mean I can help too?!" she asked looking between Nell and Theo with wide eyes. From all the excitement of the festival she hadn't even thought that he might need help selling stuff.

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:37 am
User Image

User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
f a n t a s t i c x b e a s t s x f e s t i v a l
z o e x , x p u c k x , x d r i s k o l x , x b e c k a h
f e s t i v a lx

Arwen grinned back at Puck, pleased that she had made the right connection and didn't make a fool of herself. "I'm good!" she said, "We moved away from Salem a while ago, but I think everyone is settled and, like, readjusted well." Mentioning the reason behind the move didn't seem overly appropriate at the moment, bringing down the mood with missing and dead mothers would be the least fun thing she could do. And she wanted to have fun. Besides, the move did actually improve her outlook on life. The new house made her happy, there weren't as many eerie, moving portraits of her ancestors judging her for every friend she had or decision she made. Her job made her happy, she was finally doing what she had worked so hard for. Hell, even Oliver made her happy, although she might not admit it quite yet. "What have you been up to lately?" Arwen asked, eager to catch up with her old classmate.

Arwen had distantly heard Zoe bargaining with the man at the booth, but hadn't really been paying attention, as she was using most of her attention focused on Puck and why she recognized her. But now, as she looked over the booth, she noticed how nervous the man selling art seemed. Were they making him nervous? Or maybe he was just anxious in general? She turned her focus back to Puck, hoping that even if it wasn't much, that the lack of her gaze made him just a bit more comfortable.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166
Summer II
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm
User Image
                                                        𝐊𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧​
                                                        ___╘═══▶ slytherin alumnus
                                                                      scotland team chaser

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                        __________________________________________

Kyson gazed upon the treats at the stand, his stomach growling a little. They all looked amazing, and were clearly well made. There were little chocolate bowtruckles, and unicorn cupcakes, among other things. The brownies looked delicious, but his eyes continued to be drawn to the spicy cookies. The blonde man was curious about them and their flavor, so he was pretty certain he had decided on that as his snack. "You're very right. She's probably used to staying up this late by now. Plus, it is summer holiday." he said, turning to Tessa as she spoke. He couldn't believe she was already at school age. Of course, Tessa and he had gone all out for her tutors, deciding that an education at home was best for their little girl.

"Mommy, look at the cupcakes! They're so pretty and sparkly!" Deirdre exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear, her purple eyes glittering in delight. Kyson chuckled. "Is that the one you want, Dee? The unicorn one?" he asked the girl. Deirdre clapped, bouncing a little. "I want one of everything!" she demanded happily. Kyson rolled his eyes, giving Tessa a sideways glance. There was no way he was going to let her get one of every treat at the stand. He did want his daughter to sleep at some point that night, which meant Tessa and he could sleep as well.

OOC: at Theo's stand, yeet

❝ Some only live to die, I'm alive to fly higher than angels in outfields inside of my mind.
                                                        I'm ascending these ladders, I'm climbin', say goodbye, this old world, this old world. ❞

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:16 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || unsorted || pureblood

Finallllyyyyy. Aidene had been ready to go all day but first she had to clean her room--who knew her dad was serious about cleaning her room before the festival? Then her dad had been called over to settle some fight between his players, and then, since they’d missed the nearest portkey departure time, they’d floo’d to some other place, walked somewhere else, waited around, before finally], taking the portkey to the festival.

So obviously, when they got there and her dad mumbled something about setting up the tent first, Aidene felt like screaming. Or kicking something. Or both. That, and apparently tents were a lot harder to set up in Life than in games. Elysia astutely charged her with “scoping out the place and bringing back a snack” and sent her off with a handful of change.

Aidene wandered through the kiosks, taking a few moments to admire each setup. She made note to come back to the brooms and jewelery later and parked herself in front of a delectable assortment of pastries. Everything looked fantastic. ”Could I please get a Spicy Dragon Cookie, a Bowtruckle Tu--Twe?--Twile?--Bowtruckle Thingie, and a Unicorn Creme Horn?” she asked politely, exchanging what felt like was a fair few sickles before wandering off, sniffing at the cookie curiously.

Twenty minutes later, she was back in queue, and this time asked for ”The Hippogryff and Unicorn Cupcakes, and another Unicorn Horn please?”

And again later: ”Uhm, I think I'm missing the Ghost Floss and Spider Web Brownie, so those please. And the Unicorn Horn of course.”

Yet another hour later, she was back. The little aspiring cook waited for what looked like a shorter queue then offered the stallkeeper the rest of the knuts left on her person, including a grimey one she'd found somewhere in her sidebag. Instead of an order though, she held up a small sketchpad scrawled with a few notes and hasty doodles of the pastries. She’s drawn her guesses for ingredients next to them, most of them punctuated by question marks or cross outs. ”Could I please get questions instead?”

Once permitted, she pushed herself on tiptoe and consulted her notes. “How do you make the Bowtruckles? What is a twil? Tuile? The bowtruckle thingie. Can you make the Hippogryff feathers? How much raspberry did you use for the Unicorn Creme? Was it just raspberry or were there other berries? And how did you get it to be so light and fluffy instead of blah? The one time I tried to make puffs they just came out gloopy.” She paused. This was the baker right? That’d be embarrassing if he wasn’t. She’d already painted him to be like a master rank baker. ”How long did it take to make everything?”

outfit Right-center dress that’s now dotted with bits of raspberry ganache, and a brown bag. || status Maybe he needs an assistant for the next few weeks and I can power level my baking before starting at Hogwarts?

//OOC: Gryffie, Pleaseeee let me know if you'd like me to edit anywhere! I thought this would be smoothest because we could retroactively add in any back and forth, but I'm always willing to edit and am totally okay with editing if Theo wanted to cut her off somewhere. I don't want to inadvertently prevent you from reacting anywhere >.<".
Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒_____________ 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃
𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒________________ 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒_________________ 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁𝓈
𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒______________ 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓏𝑒
𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝑒.
🥢
"I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran, cover by Celtic Woman

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 am
"🇱​🇪​🇹​ 🇦​🇳​ 🇴​🇱​🇩​ 🇲​🇦​🇳​ 🇷​🇪​🇸​🇹​ 🇭​🇮​🇸​ 🇻​🇴​🇮​🇨​🇪​; 🇷​🇪​🇦​🇩​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇼​🇴​🇷​🇩​🇸​."

ANTHONY CLYDE JACOBSON
The Librarian
📖📖📖
”Go enjoy the festival, child. We'll be fine.” Anthony told his grand-nephew, who had lingered longer than his own grandchildren to help. He straightened out a few of the books on display and retired to the chair behind the table.

Generally, Anthony leaned back to watch the crowd, leaving the table open for festival goers to browse. Kethia, his augurey, perched silently next to him, occasionally stretching her wings. Together, they kept an attentive eye on the table, in case folks had questions or wanted recommendations, or just so he could help find something in particular.

Books about animals, magical creatures, magizoology, from children’s books to textbooks to novels prominently featuring magical creatures. A few pieces of muggle literature featuring magical creatures may be involved. Organized roughly by genre or topic. Conditions vary, anywhere from worn but intact to brand new.

All books are on a donation scale. Recommended amounts are on a sticker, but any contribution is welcome.

🔖🔖🔖
setting Book Kiosk at the Magizoology Festival || with Festival goers || status Kethia looks like she's enjoying being outside.
//OOC:

[Open to Interaction]

--

🇸​🇭​🇪​🇪​🇹​🇸​ 🇦​🇷​🇪​ 🇸​🇼​🇦​🇾​🇮​🇳​🇬​ 🇫​🇷​🇴​🇲​ 🇦​🇳​ 🇴​🇱​🇩​ 🇨​🇱​🇴​🇹​🇭​🇪​🇸​🇱​🇮​🇳​🇪​
🇱​🇮​🇰​🇪​ 🇦​ 🇷​🇴​🇼​ 🇴​🇫​ 🇨​🇦​🇵​🇹​🇺​🇷​🇪​🇩​ 🇬​🇭​🇴​🇸​🇹​🇸​ 🇴​🇻​🇪​🇷​ 🇩​🇪​🇦​🇩​ 🇬​🇷​🇦​🇸​🇸​
🇼​🇦​🇸​ 🇳​🇪​🇻​🇪​🇷​ 🇲​🇺​🇨​🇭​, 🇧​🇺​🇹​ 🇼​🇪​ 🇲​🇦​🇩​🇪​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇲​🇴​🇸​🇹​
🇼​🇪​🇱​🇨​🇴​🇲​🇪​ 🇭​🇴​🇲​🇪​
"Welcome home" by Radical Face

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:07 pm
User Image
яєвєкαн нєαятωσσ∂
нυffℓєρυff αℓυмиα

xFeeling: Confused
xLocation: Festival Grounds
xWith: Dris, Puck, Zoe and Arwen
xStatus: Single

Beckah's attention was split between the conversation Puck was having with the girl identified as Arwen, and the negotiation between Dris and the pale haired girl. Arwen and Puck seemed to know each other from way back. Then Arwen mentioned Salem and it took Beckah only a couple seconds to figure out she mention Salem in America. The raven haired girl remembered that Puck went to school in America based on one of their previous conversations and assumed that Arwen had gone to school in America too. If Beckah had been born at home instead of on a business trip to London, she too would have gone to Salem. As she was about to interrupt their conversation with that factoid, the pale haired girl ran a hand through Dris' hair and cleaned the paint from it. That drew Beckah's attention back to them.

"You're deviating from social norms by touching the hair of someone you just met. I'm intrigued. Why did you want to clean the paint from his hair?" Beckah asked her, a twinkle in her eyes revealing her curiosity. Also studying people gave her the impression that most people, especially British people, typically did not touch each other without proper invitation. That was just custom. In fact, Beckah had asked about that once when she went to hug her friend's cousin and they had recoiled. So this deviation... it went against everything that Becks knew about social interaction. Of course, there were deviations from the norm, but Beckah had never witnessed one herself... until now.

Out of Character: {...}

Rawwry
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101
kiska166

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Festival Grounds
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hikaru
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Browsing Shops
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Over there is Hika's tall friend

Rémi was still flustered that he was indeed in such a chaotic place. Sure, they were helping save the animals, and he felt very philanthropic... but it was still very loud and timed only shortly after he'd left work. Luckily, he had had time to go home and change, though he still felt he looked too formal for such an event. He brushed a bit of dog fur off his slacks, then looked over at his husband, who seemed to be having a blast. That much, at least, made Rémi grin. Hikaru looked so lovely when he was excited, almost like a puppy... which made sense. His attention was drawn over by the very person on his thoughts and he walked over to the booth Hikaru was investigating. There was a little... robotic dog and cat. He had to admit the dog did look... well, similar to Hikaru's animagus form. "Oui, it's lovely, mon chérie. If you wish, we can purchase 'im? I think we have room on the mantle?" Their house was a bit disorganized because he'd decided they needed to rearrange all their things to create better flow, but thanks to work, it was still rather unfinished. Oh well.

Kungfudemoness

Wᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs, sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ. Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
          Nᴏᴡ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, I'ᴍ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
          Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ. Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Wʜᴇɴ I ʟᴏsᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
          Aɴᴅ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɢᴏɪɴɢ! Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ
          Lɪꜰᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀꜰᴜʟ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ
          I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴛᴏᴘs ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍ ɪs ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
          Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:36 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟ Puck grinned and found herself nodding as Arwen gave a brief explanation about she and her family moving here. She at least seemed way happier than she had those last few days at Salem which she couldn't really judge much of considering she didn't know the full story just the odd rumor here or there. When she was asked she just shrugged a tad awkwardly. "Well, I moved back permanently to Scotland when I graduated and got a job with my mom teaching theater at a high school. Other than that I haven't been up to much beyond y'know, hanging out and stuff." she explained not really knowing what else to say. She was still barely out her teens trying to figure out what she wanted to do the rest of her life (since she definitely knew that teaching teenage brats was not it) so she felt a tad self conscious discussing her job outside her group of close friends and family.

Just then she head Beckah pipe up asking about social norms and paint in hair which had her automatically turn to Dris who seemed frozen and stiff, the exact opposite of what she'd tried to accomplish just a few minutes ago. From what she was overhearing, it seemed as though Arwen's companion had removed some paint from his hair which seemed to short circuit him and perk up Beckah's interest since she seemed weirdly into social cues. It was her thing so who was she to judge. Puck slid Arwen the universal sign of "one sec" before sliding over to her boyfriend to try and defrost him back into a human being. "I can't say I'm surprised some paint managed to get into his hair considering everything, when we met some actually ended up on my hands when touched. It's part of his charm, I assure you." she told the other woman with a small wink and grin while subtly grabbing a hold of Dris' hand and rubbing her thumb over it encouragingly. She couldn't have him turning into a wooden puppet so close to his first big sale.

Miss GryffindorK

Rawwry

Summer II

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 pm
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                              I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Twenty Two Years Old - Pureblood
                                              Hair Stylist - Magic Clips Salon

╚══════════════════════════╝

Zoe bit her bottom lip lightly, pretending to think about Driskol’s bargain offer. “Okay, you’ve got a deal,” she said, reaching into her fanny pack for her galleons. Nine it was. As she was counting them out in the palm of her hand, she could sense the painter’s nerves. When he spoke, the icy blue haired woman looked back up at him. Ignoring his reaction, she placed the galleons in his hand before the raven haired girl grabbed her attention. Darting her eyes over at the woman, Zoe raised an eyebrow. Bringing up the fact that Zo was deviating from social norms was deviating from social norms in a different way. Nobody typically pointed that out and then asked for clarification of why they did that. “I didn’t want him to look dumb when selling his art to the next person,” she answered with a shrug. Was this really that weird? If she had paint in her hair, she would have wanted to have it removed. Besides, she touched the hair of people she just met all the time and she got paid to do it. Perhaps, she should actually let them know that she’s a hairdresser.

Just as she was about to tell them, Arwen’s friend moved in against Driskol. “That’s cute,” Zoe responded genuinely. Assuming they were a couple, she supposed the paint and the painter’s overall goofiness could have made for a very romantic first impression. “How long have you been together?” she asked curiously. Although Zoe wasn’t currently seeing anyone, seeing happy couples made her happy and gave her hope of finding the perfect person one day. Whether her person was a guy or girl, it didn’t matter. The Frenchwoman had experimented with both and didn’t really have a preference, especially since she didn’t know whether she wanted children or not one day. After all, she was only twenty two years old. Nobody knew what they wanted at twenty two.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

rawwry
Summer II
Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items