Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Full Closet Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for outfit enthusiasts to share their ideas, creations, and tips for making avatars. 

Tags: avatars, outfits, closet, items, design 

Reply The Full Closet Guild
Halp! How should I finish this avi?!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 am
I made an avi for Midnight Killer's building contest, and, I liked it so much, I decided to add it to my closet. The problem? I can't figure out what background to use! It looks okay without one, but I like to have backgrounds with my avis... I just can't decide which one(s) work with this design! gonk Halp!

User Image

Above is the original version. I've had to make some changes in the design due to item cost and availability:
User Image

This was my first attempt at making the background, but I don't really think it works...
User Image

I'm also open to a different leg mod, something that's a little closer to Their Darkness (just not in price. Good grief..)

Update!
So, after receiving some wonderful advice, and playing around in my closet more, I've made some updates. The background is still a struggle, but omg I love the rest of the avi sooo much! emotion_kirakira

User Image

Other attempts at backgrounds:
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:48 pm
Excuse me!
But this is cute!
Now, I do agree the background
don't go too well.  

xAdelienx

Alien Entrepreneur

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:20 pm
xAdelienx
Excuse me!
But this is cute!
Now, I do agree the background
don't go too well.

1. Thank you! 2. I know!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:52 pm
inu_spike89

Hey i took a quick look and found a few options i think might look good
for legs:
User Image User Image User Image

For background
User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

AngryAshleyBear

Snowy Trickster

36,125 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Solarpowered 250
  • Moira's Valentine 100

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:20 am
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

for legs:

For background
Thanks so much! For the legs: 1 and 2 make me weep for inflation, but 3 might work. For the background: 1 is super cute, but I don't know if the snow village will work with the maid top; 2 is awesome (I love the Apprentice items), but she blends in a little too much; and 3 has some definite potential with that fireworks background!

Thanks, again! I'll keep working on it~~  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:22 am
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

for legs:

For background
Thanks so much! For the legs: 1 and 2 make me weep for inflation, but 3 might work. For the background: 1 is super cute, but I don't know if the snow village will work with the maid top; 2 is awesome (I love the Apprentice items), but she blends in a little too much; and 3 has some definite potential with that fireworks background!

No problem, also it was a really quick look so there's probably better items out there. and i agree, the inflation is so irritating..  

AngryAshleyBear

Snowy Trickster

36,125 Points
  • Solarpowered 250
  • Moira's Valentine 100

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 am
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

for legs:

For background

No problem, also it was a really quick look so there's probably better items out there. and i agree, the inflation is so irritating..
For serious! I thought getting rid of the money rigs and switching to platinum was supposed to help fix this mess. ugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:31 am
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

for legs:

For background

For serious! I thought getting rid of the money rigs and switching to platinum was supposed to help fix this mess. ugh

I thought so too
I think the issue is that they raised the prices of rigs and cash shop items on average, and the lowered the amount of gcash you can buy per dollar
subscriptions give 700 gc instead of 1000 gc
Rigs are now 200 gc each where a couple years ago they used to be 99 gc
so they basically made everything cost more, and gave out less gc per dollar.  

AngryAshleyBear

Snowy Trickster

36,125 Points
  • Solarpowered 250
  • Moira's Valentine 100

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 pm
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

for legs:

For background

I thought so too
I think the issue is that they raised the prices of rigs and cash shop items on average, and the lowered the amount of gcash you can buy per dollar
That makes sense. It sucks, but it makes sense. I want pretty things and I don't want to break my bank!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 pm
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89
AngryAshleyBear
inu_spike89

I thought so too
That makes sense. It sucks, but it makes sense. I want pretty things and I don't want to break my bank!

lol same here  

AngryAshleyBear

Snowy Trickster

36,125 Points
  • Solarpowered 250
  • Moira's Valentine 100

Fia FlaimHart

Elfin Firestarter

13,675 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:39 pm
One of the Date Nights backgrounds might look nice with your avi.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:47 am
Fia FlaimHart
One of the Date Nights backgrounds might look nice with your avi.
I think I've added too much for date night to work. Lol crying  

inu_spike89
Captain

Ruthless Victory

The Full Closet Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out