Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:01 pm
Hanami Festival

Hien hadn't seen the flowers bloom in... Well, too long in the valleythe Domans occupied. The last fingers of winter had finally faded into water dampeningthr ground, and the trees lit with pinks, reds, whites, lavenders, and yellows as leaves and flowers budded above, painting paths and pridal lands in a lattice of color. Daily, it seemed, the pride began to watch and wait for signs that the springtime celebrations would begin, and finally, the blossoms began to unfurl. Within a day, Hien's orders were given as the pride swiftly hunted, gathering food and stretching pelts below the trees for the watching of the blossoms. Leaves bloomd into lush greens as pollen filled the air, earning a few sneezes, but it was the flowers that were opening, almost as if they worked with the pride as one.

As the pride began to luxuriate on the ground to watch the ephemeral beauty of life, Hien decided to bring a little light himself, motioning his adopted sister to his side as he looked out over his pride with respect and fondness.

"Do youthinkthey'll like this, sister?" Hien murmured to the pale lioness. Lifa nodded, watching her own dfaughter moving to chase blossoms in excitement, the lioness smiling.

"I think so, and any passing outsiders might find it worth staying behind for too." The princess murmured to her brother. Hien nodded softly to her, and bowed.

"Welcome, everyone, tothe first Hanami in a long time," Hien spoke, loud and clear, before smiling. "IO am sureyou are enjoyingthe spring blossoms, but I have yetto see blossoms bloom amongour own. So, I have a little challenge, should any choose to take it." His eyes gleamed mischievously, and he looked to Lifa, allowing his sister to continue. Lifa bowed respectfully to him, and turned.

"Lord Hien would challenge those whom mayyet wish to entertain among us to step forwards, and dance." Lifa explained. The princess beamed softly. "Members, rogus, all are welcome. And the best will be invited to begin to teah more. There are tals from before the time of our Lord Kaien of entertainers, dancers and singers known as the Geiko. We would revive the custom for the pride. The Geiko were said to be light as butterflies, delicate as flowers, ephemeral. They sang, they danced and brought joy to our pride. But we know not why tjey disappeared. And so we welcome all whom are willing to perform, and revive this custom. We hope it will bring joy. To our honored visitors from outwise, we welcome you to perform as well; if you wish to stay to join us, or not, we merely seek to bring joy. Welcome to the Hanami Festival, friends." The pale lioness bowed her head politely, and sat bythe king's right side before her tail flicked, the chime of a single bell adorned to it for the occasion ringing sweetlyto indicate a beginning to all willing.

Hanami had come.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:03 pm
Welcome to the Hanami Festival!

This year for Hanami, Hien has decided to revive an ancient rank -- the Geiko. Geiko are pure entertainers, singing, dancing, playing music, all to bring a smile to the pride or visitors. Geiko only be availible to those whom prove their skill at dance, singing, or musaic -- they aren't crafters - and is open to both genders and, during Hanami, is open to rogues whom might wish to join the Domans as what amounts to musical performers. From now until May 31st, you can only gain this rank as a cub born during Hanami, or by posting to perform in this thread, after which the rank is only available to cubs born to the pride until Hanami next year!

How to perform

Roll a 20 sided die and fill in an RP reply relevant to the reaction. Rolling a 12 or above will earn the rank of Geiko-- to claim it, just linkyour post and post in the member updates. (Just5 note you're anerxisting member, link yhe post, include SoAQ name, ooor a joining form with a post link for rogues).

Happy Dancing! Got questions? PM NovaCracker.

Roll results:

1=4. You completely fumble and mess up. Try again!
5. - 8. You give anaverage performance but it seems that Hien didn't notice. Try again!
9. - 12. You give a good try but something is flat. Hien seems to appreciate your effort and offers a smile though!
13. - 16. You gave a great performance! You've been noticed and will be welcomed as a Geiko!
17. - 20. You showed an unusual Mastery of the musical art of your choice and it shows. Perhaps you'll even teacha new generation. Congratulations!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

AstoriaFallen rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 3 Total: 22 (2-40)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:31 pm
Quote:
Nessanië (female) rolled 19
Eärendil (male) didn't roll
Itarildë rolled 3 (which is fitting given one of her front legs is damaged)

User Image

The lioness's limp wasn't as noticeable as it used to be but it was still ever present in her life. After having spent some time with a kind male in a pride far away she had found she was expecting children but was too far from where she had been to turn back so on she had continued. She had set up a small camp near these populated lands and had waited until her cubs were old enough to at least hunt small creatures before she ventured closer towards the pride. She had been scouting them out for some time but had never approached, they seemed welcoming enough so she felt safe enough bringing herself and her children into their midst.

It would seem the time was quite nice as well because there seemed to be a festival of sorts going on.

Eärendil and Nessanië moved closer to their mother, her other children not far behind. "Listen children, they seem to be speaking." Focusing her attention on the words she smiled down at her daughter, whom had taken a great deal of liking to dancing as of late. Ildy herself used to dance when she had full function of all her legs but having only three perfectly working limbs made it difficult to perform the way she had used to.

"Ness, would you care to dance?" She nudged her daughter forward.

Turning pale eyes to look up at her mother she tucked her tail and flattened her ears. In front of all of these other's? She looked about at the faces and then towards her brother. "You can do it Ness." Giving her a smile he nudged her forward.

"If it'll make you feel more confident, I'll dance with you a little while." Ildy said with a soft expression upon her face as she moved forward and began to dance slowly.

Growing a little less anxious she watched their mother and moved forward slowly. A sound she didn't recognize echoed through the air and she allowed herself to move. A few flowers danced in the air, having been dislodged by the wind or even another creature touching them and she followed on in particular as it danced around, twirling and spinning in light steps. She was a flower of her own, moving with the gentle flow of the wind.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mykelti watched as the festivities began, smiling at the soft chimes and the few Domans brave enough to walk up and give dancing a shot. Rather than attempt it himself, he opted to mostly watch. Maybe he would dance for fun, but honestly, he didn’t think he had good feet for that. In fact, he was willing to bet that he’d fall flat on his face if he tried.

Idly, he wondered where Sidd could have wandered off to, but he wasn’t too surprised not to see the maned wolf. The canine usually preferred to do his own thing, and “celebrating flowers” (his words, not Myk’s) was not high on that list.

The lion paused and turned his gaze to watch as someone new came into his vision: a lioness and her cubs. He couldn’t help the smile as one of the cubs, a small girl, decided to try her paw at dancing. She was pretty good too! It probably helped that the mother was guiding her, but he could tell there was potential. (Not that he was really any kind of judge of dancing, but hey)

He hardly noticed himself moving closer to the group, and in fact, it wasn’t until he was standing next to the remaining male cub that he even realized it. He hummed as a way of announcing that he was there and, curiosity finally taking over, opted to make conversation.

“They’re pretty good!” He glanced down with a friendly smirk, “Not going to give it a try, yourself?”

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm
Despite dancing with her youngest and only daughter she was still very much aware of her son's and their locations, not to mention the pale male with a very unique mask marking that had grown closer to him. This was a festival though so she kept an eye out here and there but didn't approach, she was curious to see how her youngest son would respond to the strange male.

Watching as her daughter seemed to find herself lost in her own rhythm she couldn't help but be proud at the natural gift she had.

Ildy did her best to dance a little while longer but her leg was starting to bother her so she couldn't dance like she wanted to.

Eärendil turned his green gaze to look at the pale male that had approached him and he debating calling out for his mom but waited a moment. At his question he shook his head, "No, I'm not much of a dancer. It's more of my mom and my sister's thing."

Looking over towards them dancing he figured he'd ask him the same thing in return. "What about you? Why aren't you dancing?"

Ness was quite enjoying the freedom of just moving and not thinking, her body doing what it did best. She found overthinking everything just made you clumsy and often made you second guess yourself so she just cleared her mind and allowed her body to to whatever it wanted. Aware of her mother's closeness gave her the confidence to continue moving, despite other's eyes.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am
Myk let out a small huff of a laugh, grinning back at the cub, "Oh, I'm much the same, maybe even worse. I'm sure I'd just end up tripping over my own feet." His talents lay more in being a Shinobi than a Geiko, of that he had no doubt. Still, it didn't mean he couldn't enjoy watching the performances.

He was fairly certain the cub's mother was keeping an eye on them too, though she had yet to approach or stop their conversation. He was relieved about that - the lion meant no harm to anyone in their pridelands, rogue or not - and... he'd be lying it he said he wasn't intrigued about the lioness and her cubs. They seemed like a soft sort, despite their bright colors, and it was nice seeing a mother so doting. He couldn't say he really missed his own; Aislin had never been the most loving of lionesses.

As he was watching, he wondered if perhaps the lioness should tap out. It looked a bit like she was beginning to have trouble. Until now, he hadn't noticed the limp in her step, but it was becoming a bit more prominent now. A pity too, as it looked like she was enjoying herself out there.

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 pm
MangoMeow

Paying a little more attention to the male he couldn't help but imagine the larger lion tripping over his own feet, it would be funny. He could see why the male wouldn't want anyone to witness that type of thing. "I don't think I'd have that problem, I just don't want to be a dancer." Sitting a little prouder he seemed to 'puff' out his chest.

Itra was finally feeling her leg enough she had to call it for now, if it let up she'd dance a little more later but for now she had to take a break. Walking over towards the strange male and her youngest son she gave him a warm smile in welcome, it was likely he was part of this pride. "I see you've made a new friend Eärendil, what may I call you by?" Looking towards the adult after addressing her son she was curious to know the name of the male that had taken an interest in her little family.

Ness noticed the limp of her mother's grow more prominent and wished she could take that pain from her. As far as she knew her mother had nightmares about it still, she cried out in the night sometimes but she didn't tell her siblings about it, she kept that from them and would one day ask her mother about it, but she was too young to really want to know what she cried out about in the night. Continuing to dance she would stay out here a bit longer.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:51 pm
He couldn’t help the chuckle at the proud look on the cub’s face, “Nothing wrong with that. Besides, now you can shine at something while your sister has something else to shine in.”

Mykelti jumped just a bit as the lioness spoke, distracted just long enough that heh went noticed her leaving the dance floor and making her way over. With a friendly smile, he nodded, “Mykelti, though those who know me usually just call me Myk. It’s easier on the tongue, I think.”

He tilted his head thoughtfully, “I haven’t seen you or your cubs around here before. Just passing through?”

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:36 pm
MangoMeow

Eärendil watched as his mother approached the strange male and himself and smiled as he twitched at her sudden appearance behind him, "Hello mother, how is your leg?" Her limp was rather noticeable at the moment, had she pushed herself too far? Giving a small nod of her head she would answer her son when the stranger wasn't around them any longer, she didn't wish to discuss her limitations publicly.

"I'm fine Endy."

Turning her matching gaze towards Mykelti she smiled. "Itarildë is what you may call me Mykelti, This is my Son Eärendil and that over there is my Daughter Nessanië. My other son's are around here somewhere." She could introduce them to the male at a later time.

Nodding she took a seat, "I've been in the area for some time now. I'm uncertain if we will remain her permanently or not. My children seem to be thriving here though." So she may stay if they continued to thrive in such a manner.

Nessanië finally grew curious of the strange male that her mother and brother were talking too and stopped her dancing to approach them.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Now those were some exotic sounding names! The group had intrigued him already, but now his curiosity was piqued further. He wondered where they came from, what experiences this lioness had had, and admittedly... he wondered at what could have happened to her leg. Still, he was a bit more tactful than his younger self, so he refrained from prying. Sidd did enough of that for the both of them.

Instead, he nodded as he listened, "Well, you've picked a good place to wander into. Doma is a peaceful place, and travelers are more than welcome to come and go around here."

He paused to glance at the little female cub as she approached, smiling in greeting, "I'd have to agree though. You have quite the knack for dancing, little one!"

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
MangoMeow

Taking a seat she listened intently to the male as he spoke and gave a smile, his reassurance about the place being peaceful was nice to hear. Curling her tail around her feet she looked down at her children, particularly the two that were gathered before her. Her other children were close by but were doing their own thing.

Ness cocked her head and looked up at the male and beamed brightly when he complimented her dancing. "Oh thank you so very much. I don't think I'm that good yet, but your praise makes me happy to know I'm at least on the right track." The pale female said in an exuberant manner.

So caught up in everything she wondered if her companion was around anywhere and finally spotted the water buck not far away. He had been lurking towards the back, all these new faces frightening him for the most part but if his lion was there and unharmed then he should be fine too right? Anatole moved closer to the crowd, his head dipped slightly as he was nervous and then quickly bounded behind his lion cub. "This is Anatole, he's my best friend." She said introducing him to Myk.

Endy grumbled under his breath a little, jealous that their sister had a cool friend while her brother's didn't but it was fine. "He's alright...." His voice was barely audible as he made his remark.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:47 am
A colorful companion to a colorful girl. He lowered his head in a nod of greeting, before continuing, "I'm sure you'll go far with practice. Perhaps your friend can even join in. You can create a colorful dance for everyone," he said with a soft smile.

Mykelti turned back to Itarildë, taking a second to debate his next words before, in true fashion to his nature, he decided to just gung-ho it, "If you'd ever like a guide around the lands, to show you and yours around, I'd be happy to provide it." He grinned, "I'm newer blood, but I've lived here since I was a cub, so I'd like to think I'm qualified for the job."

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:44 pm
MangoMeow
we can probably wrap this up in a few if you want

The waterbuck was completely unsure about the whole thing and flatted his ears nervously as he hid behind his companion. Ness looked towards the male as he offered some constructive criticism about incorporating him into her dance. A look of deep thought passed over her tiny features and she nodded, "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! You hear that Anatole, we have something else we can practice together." The water buck gave her a look that wasn't very promising, but he would do it if she wanted.

Endy gave another grumble but was honestly okay with his ONLY sister having a neat little protector, even if she was going to outgrow him in size one day. At least she'd be protected no matter what.

Itarildë smiled brightly, "Oh that is so very thoughtful, I would like that very much, as would my children I believe." Looking down at her small bundle she was pleased that this male was so open and welcoming to the lands that they'd been near. "Perhaps tomorrow or any day that is a convenience for you." She didn't want to pull him from any duties he might have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm
Mykelti grinned at her enthusiasm, interested to see how that dance went. Her companion would hopefully warm up to the idea, and if not, then hey, maybe it would still inspire her to do it on her own.

The lion nodded back at their mother, a small hum under his breath as he thought about what day was best for him, but honestly, he was sure that he could make it work regardless. And he would - he was intrigued with this little group of lions and lionesses.

"Tomorrow works great for me." He gave a short bow, "Perhaps we can meet up by the river to the east of here?"

AstoriaFallen
Sounds good~

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:18 pm
MangoMeow

This male was quite proper and very polite, which was a huge relief to the female to know that right off the bat there were such welcoming figures in this place and it made her even more sound in her initial reaction to become a permanent member here.

"That sounds perfect, any particular time?" She didn't want to have him waiting around all day for her if it was early and she showed up late.

Anatole leaned into Ness and relaxed a great deal as the warmth of the cub seeped into him, feeling him pressing against her she leaned back before turning her gaze to their mother. "Are we going back home now?" A small yawn escaped her maw as it was starting to get late and she was sleepy.

Endy was starting to feel the heaviness of sleep pull at him and he too was wanting to curl up with his siblings and go to bed. "I bet I'll beat you there." Teasing his sister a little he would wait until they started back before taking off towards home.  
[IC] Doma Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff