Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands
[LOG] Summertime Gladness? (Kahvatu x Enzi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:44 am
User Image
Enzi sighed as he laid in the snow. He was quite exhausted from all the training he was going through. Meaning babysitting a very young hare that was meant to be his companion. She was loud and had way too much energy. All that could be heard in that moment was the loud crunch of the snow as the little hare hopped and played.

“You’re gonna fall in the snow if you keep that up,” Enzi grumbled. He had his fair share of heartbreak in the past, which turned him into a bit of a grump.

“I’m an expert jumper,” Toga replied. “I won’t fall throu-“ Toga landed on a soft patch of snow and just as Enzi predicted, she fell through the snow and into a deep hole.

Enzi sighed. He had warned her of the dangers of hopping on the snow. He got up and walked over to the hole. The little hare was covered in snow. He lowered his head and carefully picked the hare up.

“Thank you Enzi,” Toga said happily. Enzi out Toga down and then glowered at her.

“Toga, you’re still very young,” Enzi said sternly. “You need to listen to me about these things. I’ve told you countless times to be careful.” Enzi frowned for a moment. “You need to stat listening to me, understand?”

“but… it was fun…”

“What you think is fun is dangerous,” Enzi said. “It’s summer time. The snow isn’t as stable right now.”

“Yes sir,” Toga said quietly.

“Come on, we should finish out patrol,” Enzi said as he lowered his body to let Toga onto his back. She was still too small to jump on when he would stand. The little hare climbed up and Enzi began his patrol of the pride’s lands.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kahvatu yawned lazily, wandering about the center of the pridal lands, looking for someone to chat with. She was unlucky in the regard that she had yet to acquire a hare, so she couldn't venture out very far on her own. When she was working as a Snowman - or huntress for the pride - she had to make sure to join hunting groups that actually had hares along to help out in case things went awry. It was annoying, but she was used to it - after all, she was still young and there were many other lions much older than herself who were still waiting for a hare of their own as well.

In the distance, the white lion noticed what seemed to be a fiery mane encircling a tan and black body. Her ears flicked and her head cocked involuntarily. The lion she spotted seemed to be toying with his own hare, before lowering his body and allowing the hare, which matched him to exquisitely, to hop onto his back to travel more effectively. Still a bit away, Kahvatu smiled - could this be the companion she was seeking? "Hey!" she shouted, picking up speed and trotting her way over to him. When she drew nearer, she smiled once more. "I'm Kahvatu, and I don't happen to have a hare yet... mind if I join you on your adventure?"

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:20 am

Enzi heard a feminine voice calling out to him. He wasn’t sure what was going on, or what the lioness needed. Maybe she needed someone to get her something? He was sure that there were other lions around to help with that.

“She’s pretty,” Toga said as she looked up. “Maybe she can melt your cold heart.”

“Cut it out Toga,” Enzi said as he turned to her direction. He listened to her speak about not having a hare. He raised an eyebrow and then shrugged. “I’m just going on patrol. You can come if you would like. I’m Enzi and this is Toga.”

“It’s very nice to meet you,” the little hare said as she hopped on Kahvatu’s back.

Enzi sighed a little. The hare was getting on his nerves, but he kept reminding himself that she was still young and that she will grow out of it… hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 am
Kahvatu glanced at the hare, hearing him say something but not quite catching what is was. "Enzi, Toga, great to meet you both," she stated with a large smile. She was always happy to meet new friends, particularly when they had such a handsome fiery red mane. It wasn't commonplace in the Schnee due to the typically muted colors of the lions in the pride, but Kahvatu found herself quite attracted to it, despite herself.

"I'd love to go on patrol with you two, if you don't mind! Not having a hare makes life quite boring around here..." she trailed off before Toga hopped over onto her back, and she let out a tinkling laugh. If this was what having a companion was like, she was ever more jealous of those in the pride who did have one. "Where are we patrolling? I still haven't seen, well, much of the pride..." Kahvatu was quite young and the pridal lands were much larger than she ever realized as a cub.

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:19 am
“We’re checking on the lake,” Enzi said, glancing at the younger lioness. “Gotta make sure it’s safe to be around. After that, we’re going to walk the border. Look for anyone that may need help, or chase away anyone that doesn’t need to be here.” He took note of her. Strong, lean body. She wasn’t bad looking. She sighed as he looked away. He didn’t speak with many females. Not since he was left standing with his tail between his legs.

“I’m sure you’ll get a hare soon enough,” Enzi said. He knew a few hare couple that were expecting. He would have to inquire about them when he got back.

Toga perched on top of Kahvatu’s head. “I haven’t seen much of the pride lands either! Enzi found me recently. We’re going to become a crime fighting duo!” Toga giggled a little and she made a motion like she was hitting someone.

Enzi sighed. “Toga, we don’t fight crime… we protect the pride’s land.”

“Would you like to join?” Toga asked, completely ignoring Enzi. “We can be a trio! Then, when you get a hare, we’ll all be a…. um…. A… Enzi, what comes after trio?”

Enzi sighed again. It was gonna be a long patrol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 am
Kahvatu found herself endlessly laughing with the pair of them, Enzi and Toga alike. Enzi seemed a bit exasperated by this new hare companion of his, and it was hysterical to watch in action. Her head dipped a bit as Toga hopped upon it, settling in her small, feminine tuft of mane. She smiled, her eyes rolling up in an attempt to see the hare, but not quite catching her. "The lake sounds great! I actually haven't been there yet, but a drink from a freezing cold lake could be amazing." When Toga asked about the three of them being a trio, she laughed again. She certainly wouldn't hate it, but it felt early on in their friendship to start making calls, but she found herself quite flattered anyway. "I think after a trio is a... quad? Maybe? I'm not quite sure, but I would be honored," Khavatu said with another laugh. She noted Enzi sighing, and chuckled once more, flicking him absentmindedly with her tail. "Buck up, you've got a long life ahead with little Toga here."

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:19 am

“Yeah I’m aware…” Enzi said quietly. They just met the female and already Toga was making plans for him. Not that he would mind having someone else around for Toga to annoy. He really hopped Toga would grow out of it when she was an adult.

“The lake isn’t that far,” he announced after some time walking. “There is a waterfall near it too, so be careful. If the waterfall is flowing, then the ice on the lake is either thin or gone.”

A few yards away, a large lake can be seen. To Enzi’s disappointment, the waterfall was still frozen. At least for that moment. He walked over to the edge of the lake. It too had ice over the surface.

“Hmmm,” he glanced back over to Kahvatua, before looking at the lake. He cautiously placed his paw on the ice and smiled a little when the pressure cracked it. He pressed down on it some more and then removed the ice from the hole he created. “Kahvatua, here’s a hole if you want a drink. The ice is thin. It will crack soon.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:20 am
As they neared the lake and its waterfall, Kahvatu's jaw dropped. She had lived in the Schnee all her young life and found its environs to be quite exquisite, but the imagery of the frozen waterfall was just... breathtaking. "Oh wow, Enzi... It's beautiful!" She closed her mouth and replaced its gaping with a smile instead, grinning widely at the red-maned lion. On top of that, he was kind enough to make a hole in the ice for her to get that refreshing drink of water she had mentioned earlier. She softened her smile, saying an appreciative "thank you!" before dipping her head to the water, careful to get her head steady to ensure Toga didn't fall. Slowly, she lapped up the water, drinking in the crispness of it. Everything about the Schnee, down to its water supply, was just the picture of nirvana. She loved every second of it.

Once she was done, she lifted her head once more and glanced to Enzi. "Now, time to secure the lake..." She glanced about, but the lands were completely devoid of others. At least, as far as she could tell - with many of the lions in the Schnee, they had coats that blended well into the landscape (much like her own), so it wouldn't be surprising if there were other lions or friendly hares stationed about. "I'm not seeing much of anything, but I'm still new at this. What's your take?" Kahvatu inquired, looking Enzi in the eyes.

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 am
Enzi watched as Kahvatu took in the sighs of the waterfall. He had much the same expression when he first saw it. Everything about the land was different from what he was raised in. Schee was a good change for him when he arrived. He couldn’t help but smile faintly. He agreed it was beautiful. He realized she was talking to him. Strange, he was right there, and he didn’t notice she was speaking to him. He blinked a few times before he looked around.

“Enzi, are you okay?” Toga asked, noticing right away that Enzi wasn’t acting himself, or what she was familiar with. “Do you see someone?”

“Uh, no,” Enzi said. He looked around, trying to find any signs that someone might be there. “No, I don’t see anything out of the normal. We should make a trip around the lake before going to the border, just to make sure.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 am
Kahvatu cocked her head, hearing Toga check in on Enzi. He did seem a bit off all of a sudden, even if she'd only known him for a brief stint of time. "Are you sure you're alright? We can head back, if you'd like!" She wasn't adamant on exploring if it meant it was a detriment to the lion that was kind enough to take her along with him.

When he responded and quickly changed the subject, Kahvatu nodded, almost sagely. "Of course!" Her paws started walking before she had a chance to think, and therefore hoped she was headed in the right direction. "Say," she started, looking for something else to chat about, "Where are you from, anyway? Your coat's a bit vibrant, and I don't think I saw you around growing up. Of course, I could be wrong!"

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:41 am
“I’m from a land far away,” Enzi said, watching the lioness walk by. He followed her, smiling a little to himself. “It had a large forest and no snow. The pride disbanded, everyone went their separate ways. So I became homeless and wandered the lands until I collapsed here.” He thought for a moment. “I believe I came here when you were an adol. I’m not so sure, but I stayed mostly to myself.” He didn’t want to talk about the reasons why he wandered into their lands. His heart wasn’t yet healed. Maybe Toga was right. Maybe he should move on.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 am
A heaviness seemed to emanate from Enzi as he spoke about his past. It was almost as if his eyes had clouded over, but it didn't last for long. Kahvatu cocked her head, listening and curious. "That's pretty neat, I have no idea what I'd do in a land without snow. Must be pretty cool to know what else is out there." She sounded wistful and old for her age, but she had been dreaming of seeing the world outside the pridelands since cubhood. She knew it wasn't likely that she'd get to explore the rest of the world, and she was plenty happy with that. Remaining in the pack with her family was quite important to her.

"Oh? That's not so long ago. I'm glad you managed to find us, though. Having you around is... nice." She smiled and felt heat creeping up from her chest straight into her furry little cheeks. Kahvatu was definitely not one for flirting, but if she was, she would throw it all at Enzi with everything she had. He seemed like such a sweet, genuine lion. What wasn't there to love?

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces