Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 pm
Shinobi Class

tab Description:
A Ninja, or Shinobi, was typically a covert agent or mercenary. The functions of a Ninja included espionage, deception, and surprise attack. Their covert methods of waging irregular warfare were deemed dishonorable and beneath the honor of the samurai. The ninja were stealth soldiers and mercenaries hired mostly by Daimyōs. Their primary roles were those of espionage and sabotage, although assassinations were also attributed to ninja. Although they were considered the anti-samurai and were disdained by those belonging to the samurai class, they were necessary for warfare and were even employed by the samurai themselves to carry out operations that were forbidden by the Bushido. In battle, the ninja could also be used to cause confusion amongst the enemy.

tab Perks:
• Shinobi who follow the Bhuddist, Taoist, or Shugendō religious teachings gain a reduction in technique cost by a total of ten [ 10 ].
• Start with access to two [ 2 ] elements, or characters may choose to start with only one [ 1 ] element for an extra twenty [ 20 ] points to their energy pool, starting at D-Rank.
• Shinobi start with a combined total of 250 for their energy pools (chakra and stamina). The character can assign how much of the 250 points can go into these pools upon character creation.
• Shinobi are able to allocate their slots (unless already named) as they wish. Once allocated, however, it cannot be changed. Ten [ 10 ] Technique slots may be converted to one [ 1 ] Stage of Learning, and vice versa.

tab Notes:
• Shinobi do not understand the concept of 'mana,' as the ancient teachings of Bhuddism teach of the body's 'chakra' and it is from this chakra that the shinobi can perform their amazing feats.
• Maruton [Null Release] and Fuuinjutsu [Sealing Techniques] are available to all Shinobi, unless otherwise stated. Both use Ninjutsu slots
• Shinobi get a smaller technique list, and less slots, but they gain access to new techniques and perks as they expand their knowledge.
• No Shinobi Class Discipline can be taken more than once.
• Maximum energy pool increases are cumulative. They do not replace each other as you rank up; they are all added together.

tab Specialization:
• Upon taking this class a second time the character unlocks one [ 1 ] additional chakra element, which gains mirrored slots, as well as one [1] point to their chosen stat.
• Upon taking this class a third time the character unlocks one [ 1 ] additional chakra element, which gains mirrored slots, as well as access to a set of forbidden skills (Set X). The character may now call themselves a true shadow, or Kage, for mastering the Shinobi Way.

tab Future Notes:
• Write into Shinobi technique lists that certain techs are only for shinobi, and others cannot be learned (even for shinobi) until certain criteria are met.

tab tab D - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Ninjutsu: The skills required of the ninja have come to be known in modern times as Ninjutsu. Picking this discipline immediately grants the Shinobi an extra ten [ 10 ] Technique slots (to be distributed as desired), plus an extra five [ 5 ] for every rank gained thereafter.

Survivalist: Shinobi go through intense training from a young age in order to perform the feats known of their ilk. Taking this Discipline gives the character an extra sixty [ 60 ] energy pool points (to be distributed as desired between chakra and stamina) for every rank gained hereafter.

Equipped: Ninja utilized a large variety of tools and weaponry, some of which were commonly known, but others were more specialized. Gain access to one [ 1 ] Locked Skill OR gain another classes' Discipline of the same or lower rank. Also gain access to one Skill Tree OR four [ 4 ] Skill Points. No more than two [ 2 ] points can be given to the same skill.

tab tab Base ○ Energy ○ Pools:
tab tab tab • { x } chakra.
tab tab tab • { x } stamina.
tab tab Passive ○ Benefits:
tab tab tab • N/A
tab tab Base ○ Jutsu ○ Limits:
tab tab tab • [ +02 ] Proficiency Slots.
tab tab tab • [ +10 ] Technique Slots (Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and/or Eisijutsu).
tab tab tab • [ +05 ] Stages of Learning.

tab tab C - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Scrollery: Fuuinjutsu [ Sealing Techniques ] now get mirrored slots with Ninjutsu techniques.

Espionage: Espionage was the chief role of the ninja. With the aid of disguises, the ninja gathered information on enemy terrain and building specifications, as well as obtaining passwords and communiques. Any passive techniques used, that obscure locations or individuals, will count as one [1] rank higher in effect without the extra cost. This character also gains access to a small set of skills they can learn (Set E).

Disguised:

tab tab Energy ○ Pool ○ Increases:
tab tab tab • Maximum energy pool: { +40 } to be distributed as desired.
tab tab tab • N/A
tab tab Jutsu ○ Limit ○ Increases:
tab tab tab • [ +01 ] Proficiency slots.
tab tab tab • [ +05 ] Technique slots.
tab tab tab • [ +02 ] Stages of Learning.

tab tab B - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Kuji-kiri: The ancient art of the Kuji-kiri is the practice of the nine sacred hand signs. For every ten [ 10 ] Ninjutsu listed in the character's profile as being learned, the user is able to create their own, custom, technique.

Budō: Literally translated, it means the "Martial Way", and may be thought of as the "Way of War". Takers of this discipline gain an extra one [ 1 ] point in their chosen Stat for every two [ 2 ] Styles being listed in a character's profile as being completely learned.

Yamabushi: The Yamabushi ascetics use the hand gestures in spiritual, healing, and exorcism rituals. Characters with this discipline get mirrored slots to Eisijutsu as what is assigned to Ninjutsu. When twenty [ 20 ] Eisijutsu have been listed as learned in the character's profile, the character can use Eisijutsu as offensive techniques.

tab tab tab • Maximum energy pool: { +60 } to be distributed as desired.
tab tab tab • N/A

tab tab A - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Taoist Teachings: Taoism is a teaching about the various disciplines for achieving "perfection," by becoming one with the unplanned rhythms of the universe called "the way" or "dao". Shinobi who have taken this discipline have learned how to better adapt to unexpected situations with some method of grace. Take a 'non-aggressive' discipline from another Class.

Mudrā Teachings: A mudrā is a spiritual gesture. By taking on this discipline, the shinobi has mastered the gesture and have opened up their mind to accepting a second [ 2nd ] spirit or demon contract. The character also gains either one [ 1 ] aspect from a discovered spirit or demon they have encountered, or instantly summon a random spirit or demon for the chance to form a contract.

Shinobi-Monomi: Monomi, 'the one who sees,' Shinobi-monomi were people used in secret ways, and were particularly talented at travelling in disguise. Characters can disguise their stamina and chakra pool to any size. Only a sensor of higher rank can tell the real pool. This Shinobi can also successfully enter and exit villages disguised as a non-assigned civilian.

tab tab tab • Maximum energy pool: { +60 } to be distributed as desired.
tab tab tab • N/A

tab tab S - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai: Commonly shortened to 'ANBU,' this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set A).

Oinin Butai: Commonly referred to as 'Hunter Nin,' this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set O).

Jinmon Butai: The name of a Shinobi interrogation unit, this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set J).

tab tab tab • Maximum energy pool: { +80 } to be distributed as desired.
tab tab tab • N/A
tab tab tab • [ +02 ] Proficiency slots.

BlackFruity
Edit Log:
027/08/19 BlackFruity - Created

© 2017-19 Shinobi Strike

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:12 am
Shinobi Techniques

tab Description:
The Shinobi class has access to a limited range of techniques - at the start. And the more that shinobi focuses on learning one aspect of the Shinobi way, they will be able to uncover specific skill sets based around that area.

tab Notes / Reminders:

tab Future Notes:
• Write into Shinobi technique lists that certain techs are only for shinobi, and others cannot be learned (even for shinobi) until certain criteria are met.

tab K a t o n [ F i r e ]
Example idea represented here : For [X] number of techniques of each type learned, gain access to a skill/technique not available to any other class?

tab S u i t o n [ W a t e r ]
• Learn five [ 5 ] water techniques to unlock and be able to learn Water Walking Technique.
• Learn all Water techniques to be able to breathe underwater without energy cost for up to five [ 5 ] posts.

tab D o t o n [ E a r t h ]
Words Here

tab R a i t o n [ L i g h t n i n g ]
• Learn all Raiton techniques and be able to safely act as a conduit to any techniques comprised solely of electricity.

tab F u u t o n [ W i n d ]
Words Here

tab E i s i j u t s u [ M e d i c a l ]
Words Here

tab F u u i n j u t s u [ S e a l i n g ]
Words Here

tab G e n j u t s u [ I l l u s i o n ]
• Learn all Illusionary techniques

tab B u k i j u t s u [ W e a p o n s ]
Words Here

tab T a i j u t s u [ M a r t i a l ]
Words Here

tab K e k k a i G e n k a i [ F a m i l y T i e s ]
Words Here

tab A N B U [ S e t A ]
The ANBU are an elite set of warriors who leave no trace of their existence behind.

tab O i n i n - B u t a i [ S e t O ]
The Hunter-Nin are a set of warriors that track their targets with frightening accuracy.

tab J i n m o n - B u t a i [ S e t J ]
The Interrogation Team have been trained to coldly cut apart the body and minds of their enemy.

tab E s p i o n a g e [ S e t E ]
Shinobi trained in espionage can make use of the following techniques.
• Chizu Zu no Jutsu [ Map Drawing Technique ]
Type :: Fuuinjutsu [ Sealing ]

tab F o r b i d d e n [ S e t X ]
Only a master Shinobi would have the self-control to not kill themselves in attempting to learn these techniques.
• Shitai Umarekawari no Jutsu [ Corpse Reincarnation Technique ]
Type :: Maruton [ Null Element ]
Description :: With the corpse of a departed RPC, the user must not only pay the S+ Rank amount of chakra but also spend up to half of the deceased RPCs chakra and stamina. The reincarnated body cannot replenish their own energy, and can only have up to half of their final total at time of death. The user may replenish the reincarnated body with chakra and stamina from their own supply.

BlackFruity
Edit Log:
027/08/19 BlackFruity - Created

© 2017-19 Shinobi Strike

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 am
Possible / Previously Suggested Shinobi Class Disciplines

tab tab D - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Ninjutsu: The skills required of the ninja have come to be known in modern times as Ninjutsu. Taking this Discipline gives the character sixty [ 60 ] energy pool points for every rank gained hereafter.

Espionage: Espionage was the chief role of the ninja. With the aid of disguises, the ninja gathered information on enemy terrain and building specifications, as well as obtaining passwords and communiques. Picking this discipline grants the Shinobi an extra ten [ 10 ] Technique slots (to be distributed as desired), plus an extra five [ 5 ] for every rank gained thereafter.

Survivalist: Ninja utilized a large variety of tools and weaponry, some of which were commonly known, but others were more specialized. Taking this Discipline gives the character sixty [ 60 ] energy pool points for every rank gained hereafter.

tab tab C - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Scrollery: Fuuinjutsu [ Sealing Techniques ] now get mirrored slots with Ninjutsu techniques.

Gifted Pupil: For every three [ 3 ] completed Stages of Learning (weapon and/or martial arts) the user gains one [ 1 ] free stage of learning. OR For every rank of one [ 1 ] element techniques being completely learned, gain five [ 5 ] extra slots.

Disguised: Gain access to one [ 1 ] Locked Skill OR gain another classes' Discipline of the same or lower rank. Also gain access to one Skill Tree OR four [ 4 ] Skill Points. No more than two [ 2 ] points can be given to the same skill.

tab tab B - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Kuji-kiri: The ancient art of the Kuji-kiri is the practice of the nine sacred hand signs. For every ten [ 10 ] Ninjutsu listed in the character's profile as being learned, the user is able to create their own, custom, technique.

Budō: Literally translated, it means the "Martial Way", and may be thought of as the "Way of War". Takers of this discipline gain an extra one [ 1 ] point in their chosen Stat for every two [ 2 ] Styles being listed in a character's profile as being completely learned.

Yamabushi: The Yamabushi ascetics use the hand gestures in spiritual, healing, and exorcism rituals. Characters with this discipline get mirrored slots to Eisijutsu as what is assigned to Ninjutsu. When twenty [ 20 ] Eisijutsu have been listed as learned in the character's profile, the character can use Eisijutsu as offensive techniques.

tab tab A - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Taoist Teachings: Taoism is a teaching about the various disciplines for achieving "perfection," by becoming one with the unplanned rhythms of the universe called "the way" or "dao". Shinobi who have taken this discipline have learned how to better adapt to unexpected situations with some method of grace. Take a 'non-aggressive' discipline from another Class.

Mudrā Teachings: A mudrā is a spiritual gesture. By taking on this discipline, the shinobi has mastered the gesture and have opened up their mind to accepting a second [ 2nd ] spirit or demon contract. The character also gains either one [ 1 ] aspect from a discovered spirit or demon they have encountered, or instantly summon a random spirit or demon for the chance to form a contract.

Shinobi-Monomi: Monomi, 'the one who sees,' Shinobi-monomi were people used in secret ways, and were particularly talented at travelling in disguise. Characters can disguise their stamina and chakra pool to any size. Only a sensor of higher rank can tell the real pool. This Shinobi can also successfully enter and exit villages disguised as a non-assigned civilian.

tab tab S - r a n k
Quote:
tab Disciplines:
Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai: Commonly shortened to 'ANBU,' this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set A).

Oinin Butai: Commonly referred to as 'Hunter Nin,' this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set B).

Jinmon Butai: The name of a Shinobi interrogation unit, this title give you access to learn from an otherwise unknown list of techniques (Set C).

The Forge [Thread Creation]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games