Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Peaceful Exchanges (Ekundayo x Myli Shyr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 pm
User Image

It wasn't every day that Ekun could find proper prey, he wasn't the best at catching things closer to his own size like the delicious looking elk just a few feet away from his hidden form. It wasn't that he was a horrible hunter, he just never got the chance to really learn before losing his home. He could survive off smaller creatures, this however was a wonderful opportunity that he simply couldn't pass up.

With that being said, while he'd hidden himself well in the tall cool grass he wasn't sure if he should sneak closer and risk alerting it, or leaping out now risking not catching up in time. He took a deep breath then dared to slink forward slowly. 'Just a little more...just...almost there-' It seemed to work until he stepped on a twig. In a panic he leapt out and lashed out, dumb luck letting him able to close his jaw around the creatures throat as he knocked it off its hooves to be held in a stranglehold. He'd just wait there, stunned that it worked, until it stopped moving.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 am
Henry_kunz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Maeve blinked as she watched the male lion bumble a hunt and yet somehow still took the elk down wow that was impressive to be able to unbumble a clumsy mom. She laughed softly as she moved by she didn't need to steal from him, she knew how to hunt on her own since her mother had taught her how before she left her mother's pride. Maeve's brother had decided to stay and live with the pride but she wanted something more something different for her life. Part of her wanted to know who her father was and the other part just wanted to wander the land and see where her paws took her. She looked over her shoulder at the interesting male, but it was never wise to bother a male in the middle of a meal so she walked by heading through the forest slowly.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:23 am
Though his focus was on keeping the elk down his ears picked up movement not too far away, gaze shifting to try and spot the source. Luckily for him the kill finally stopped moving as he wanted to see who was around, not out of anger or possessiveness of the fallen creature but because it'd been a very long time since he'd run into anyone. Still, he didn't want scavengers to take his claim so he drug it along into a hidden spot behind a boulder, then trotted toward where he thought he'd heard someone. "Hello?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 am
Maeve smiled at the male and said "Hey that was an interesting hunt." She laughed softly and then she said "I'm Maeve and you are?" She asked in a curious tone. She made no move to try and take his kill, she was curious by nature which was why she had left her family and gone off on her own and since then she had some really great adventures. Being saved from a tornado had been really amazing before then her life had been quiet and rather boring. She liked living on the edge and exploring new places she wasn't sure she ever wanted to settle down.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:51 pm
When he reached her and realized it to be a lioness he’d never seen before, a soft laugh left him. “Oh, you saw that?” He didn’t think anyone would see but admittedly it probably looked funny. “Eh, I’m more used to smaller prey, that’s all. I got lucky...” He trailer off then glanced back to the spot he left it, just making sure no scavengers we’re approach. Looking to get again he smiled in the best way a feline can. “I’m Ekundayo, you could just say Ekun or Eko though, I know it’s a mouthful. Are you hungry?”  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 pm
Maeve smiled and she nodded "It's no big deal everyone messes up in a hunt once in a while, if you are perfect you are most likely a god, not a mortal." She chuckled. She smiled and then said "Nice to meet you Eko." She blinked when he offered her food she didn't get many offers for a free hand out in the middle of the rogue lands. She smiled and then said "It's alright you can eat your meal I didn't intend to interrupt in the first place." She looked at his kill and then back at him. "So have you been living in the rogue lands long?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:14 pm
“That’s very true and I’m no God.” For a moment he wondered what it looked like when a god hunted, he’d never seen one before let alone how they act. “Alright, just thought I’d offer. You didn’t bother me, I’m just happy to meet others.” It’d been a while since the last to cross paths with him. “Yes, I have no pride I belong to. I’ve just about always been out in the rogue lands, it’s not bad. What about you?” He tilted his head to the side, his posture relaxed and content. “Do you live out here as well?”  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:18 pm
Maeve considered how she would answer and then she shrugged and said "I lived with my mother's pride when I was a cub, but then I wandered away from home on my own and have been out here ever since, her pride is somewhere that way." She said pointing her paw in the direction of the prideland she had come from. "I never joined the pride so it was never exactly my home, besides traveling discovering, maybe figuring out who my dad was are the things I want, what about you?" She knew she was getting personal and perhaps he would tell her no and that would be alright.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm
Ekundayo didn’t expect such a full response, he enjoyed it. Each creature’s journey in life was interesting in one way or another, he enjoyed hearing about them. “Oh, well it’s good to have direction.” He paused for a moment as if trying to remember something. “I just enjoy travel, I don’t recall much from when I was young except for a cave collapse. I’ve just lived alone and wandered for as long as I can remember.” Sometimes it worried him, of course, but not enough to dwell on it. To him it’s better to live in the present rather than focus on what could’ve been.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:37 pm
Maeve frowned "That is so sad, I'm sorry that you are all alone." She was lucky that she knew where her family was at least half of her family. She didn't know who her father was, but she wondered about him often, was he like her? Did he know he had cubs? Did he even care that she was alive if he did know about her. She wasn't sure what else to say looking at the male lion Eko. She shuffled her paws in the dirt and considered saying goodbye. She wasn't sure what else to Eko and felt a little awkward in the situation now.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:49 pm
Ekundayo gives a sad little smile when he spits the frown the lioness gives him. “I try not to think about it, it’s alright. I have my health and a love for adventure, and the rogue lands are plenty big to have many adventures.” Once more he’d look back to his kill then to her, his stomach betraying him by growling softly which draws out a chuckle. “Sorry, it looks like I’m being reminded I haven’t eaten yet today. Maybe we’ll run into each other again sometime, regardless I wish you safe travels, Maeve. It was nice meeting you.” He could tell she was fidgeting and if not for his body helping, he’d be fumbling too so this worked out well. With a smile he turned and headed back to the kill, settling down to eat his fill.

Fin  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff