Certs here later
Das Tor
Kura had made her way with her sister out away from the main bulk of the pride, Kura's curiosity of how the disturbance in the natural world affected the lands beyond where they traveled driving them. She found herself sniffing at what was obviously the border of a territory, ears back and eyes narrowed. What had they come across? There were lion scents and leopard scents, but so many scents that weren't. She tilted her head back and forth a couple of times, thinking, before following along the border. She was curious, and she was bound to come across some eventually. Hopefully. It not, she would rejoin with Kushi after her sister finished her hunting. And then another scent caught her attention, one fresh and there, and she found herself picking up her pace.

The thought that the source of the scent might be hostile never crossed her mind. She was Kura, host of Emmerololth, of Hakuna'jina and Verge'lian and Iartuupe's blood. She was as demon as a demon could get, and her claws were as sharp as any other scion of her lines.

NovaCracker
It was unbecoming of the king of Doma to be out among the borders doing guard work, but the king of Doma was also a very positive-action sort, prefering to know what his people did, to help protect the fledgeling survivors as he prowled along. He had nieces and nephews to train as samurai, he had a pride to mind, so seeing a strange lioness entering by chance in the odd skies becoming common made Hien curious. Foir a bit, he had remained out of sight, using topography to hide from the stranger as he trot along, observing the female some time before shifting upwind. He'd watch, and see what this female did at present. The lioness was a rather brilliant crimson, reminding him of the legends of Suzaku herself, and the curiosity drew Hien to wait just a bit more before suddenly, with several fluid motions, he lowered himself before the lioness with a relaxed smile on his face, and moved to nod.

"Hello! Are you lost?"

Das Tor
The appearance of the black-maned stranger startled the crimson lioness, her hackles raising and her ears going back in uncertainty. He was larger than her, but Kushi was bigger. And she wasn't helpless herself.

"One cannot be lost if they have no destination in the first place." She forced herself to calm, trying to keep more to the Sparda-side of her blood. "I have been exploring with my sister, seeing if others have experienced unusual things in the last moon or so." She would not give away that they were of a pride. Not just yet. "I am Kura. Who are you, and what is this place? It's rather hard to miss the border markings."

NovaCracker
Hien wasn't bothered by her reaction, remaining pleasant and calm.

"Me? I am known as Lord Hien. This land is the lands of Doma, my pride." He answered politely, but the boyish smile didn't fade. He wasn't worried -- no claw bared, no teeth, simply greeting and he hoped warmth.

"A sister you say? And would she be named Suzaku by chance?" He chuckled.

"My apologies -- it is but a joke on our legends, although you do quite remind me of Her. It is a pleasure, Lady Kura."

Das Tor
Oh! A leader. Well...this was strange. Leaders were seldom on the borders...well, aside from her winged grandmother, anyways. But Hakuna'jina had always been an odd case, according to her mother. "A pleasure, Lord Hien. And...no? Her name is Kushi." She tilted her head to one side. And then perked.

"Legends? I am a scholar and historian of sorts. What is this legend relating to 'Suzaku'?" She'd gone out looking for oddities and instead found potential ancient stories from an entirely different culture.

NovaCracker
"Suzaku, a vermilion bird by birth, whom assumed form of a lioness. She was one of the four lords of the directions and of our ancestral tribes." Hien beamed, pleased to see the visitor curious. There is a shrine dedicated to her in our lands, as well as the other three; Genbu, the tortoise, Byakko, a white leopard, and Seiryuu, the blue dragon." Hien beamed warmly. "Of course they are not the only kami we have tales of, if you are curious, my lady."

A broad smile spread on his maw. "Nor are only our legends interesting, if you do enjoy a bit of history."

Das Tor
"A bird? How curious. I've never met anyone who enshrined a bird. Or a tortoise." A leopard and a dragon, however, made sense. At least in a way. "What is a 'kami'? I've not heard the term before? And I'm fond of history, too, yes. I'm a lorekeeper in my home, and that does include history as well as legends and tales." Was a 'kami' similar to the 'spirits' of the former Jini-msemi? Or were they something akin to gods? Or to demons? So many questions, so little time...

NovaCracker
"Not at all. All things have a spirit, especially those of great import or that have survived a long time." Hien explained patiently. "And the kami are many. The greater kami are... Well, I suppose as my sister and others call them, they are the gods. The lesser kami are the divine beings below them; including the Four Lords, or perhaps the kitsune and kappa." Hien then tilted his head.

"A home? Then you are of another pride? Are they near?" He them beamed eagerly. "I've not heard of a pride near to Doma in generations. Many assumed this area barren and moved on."

Das Tor
"How interesting." She tilted her head to one side. "It reminds me of the beliefs of my own people mingled with those of another..." These 'kami' would be an interesting thing to share with the others! Perhaps Kushi might like tales of them! "Ah...my pride is not from nearby, no. I've travelled from the pride for a little to see if the strange phenom we're experiencing has affected anyone else. It's...been all across the lands I've encountered, in some way, shape, or form." And it was worrying. Very worrying. "Perhaps you may have heard of the Aegnor'hini?"

NovaCracker
"My sister mentioned seeing one or two lions claiming it from a distance once." Hien lit up immediately. "Lifa was among a rather peaceful pride whom kept many allies before they scattered. The... Coileani... Draiocht? Something similar? I'm not very good at pronouncing it but they took her in for some time before she could make her way home. Ah, but you must be very far from your volcano then. What phenomenon have you experienced? I admit the sky does seem unusual here but little of aught else has occurred so far." Hien moved in concern towards the lioness. She seemed well, but if she was of this alien pride, then their allies had aided his sister. He could very well look after an ally of good lions!

Das Tor
"Ah! Yes, they are good lions! One of my uncles is mates with one of their members." Hearing Ringwe'naur talk of his 'Viwimbi' was sweet, but strange considering his normal stance on other creatures. "Ah, there's been much going on. The heavens upset our hellgate, and the sky even went suddenly from day to night once! Others have spoken of sudden strange storms, of strange debris falling from the heavens, of whispered voices and strange floating lights." She wrinkled her nose. "It is almost as if some god or gods were angered. Which is strange, because the only of our gods who is upset is only so because things are not stable in the world at the moment." Her poor little uncle Talma...so young and new to the world and already everything was upset!

NovaCracker
"Aaah, that is troubling. Well, your allies have shown kindness to my sister, and as one of their allies, you are most welcome to rest here now and any others of your pride whom wish it." Hien said, tone gentle, warm, and firm before he smiled gently. "It would not do to allow kindness to go unpaid, and I believe Doma is able to welcome guests in need of shelter. Please, be welcome to stay among us as long as you wish. If need be we can send a messenger to your pride with word as well if you desire." The Doman king then beckoned, a gesture similar to a maneki-neko.

Das Tor
"Ah, my sister and I would greatly appreciate somewhere safe to rest before we return to the pride." She would not mention they were traveling. She tried not to in general. Not until they were on steadier paws in their precarious position. Kura moved to follow him, still astonished with how friendly he was. Perhaps this 'Doma' was similar to the Coileani in a way? At least in terms of guests. "When it comes time for me to return, I can bear word myself, and once the pride leaders see fit, they can send a...diplomat is the word in most languages, I believe, to better speak with you? I'm a lorekeeper, not a politicker."

NovaCracker
Hien chuckled.

"And I am a king, who would prefer a samurai's role, but, alas, I am the only one of my family's bloodline." He raised a paw. "My sister is adopted." But his smile remained kind as he guided her through the mountain pass, tail switching thoughtfully.
"Actually, I may offer a better proposition if you're of a mind to listen."

Das Tor
Kura tilted her head to one side, curious. "Samurai? What is a 'samurai'? And I am willing to listen. I'd be a rather horrible lorekeeper if I wasn't." She smiled slightly, curious what this king had to propose. "I cannot guarantee anything most likely, but I can certainly relay word to those who can."

NovaCracker
"Samurai are those of noble birth, or, should I have my way, those of great merit." Hien explained softly, before coughing awkwardly.

"Well, you see, a plague passed through our land most recently, and my father was among those taken. He nursed our people until his dying breaths and kami willing, ascended as a kami himself. However, my people worry another disaster may destroy our pride without an heir. My sister has no legitimacy and must bear the cubs of a god to affirm any such to keep my house going, but the people look to me as king to provide an heir, being of the descent of gods. So..." And he looked positively EMBARRASSED. "Perhaps you or another pride member might be willing to... Perhaps bear a litter of my own that I can offer my people a legitimate heir? I understand if you must take most away, but...."

How EMBARRASSING.

Das Tor
Oh. Well! That was rather forward. Not that folks in her own pride hadn't done similar before. She had a cousin whose line was born from one such arrangement her grandmother had made, though not for inheritance. And she was certain her uncles and aunt from her grandmother's first litter were from a similar arrangement for inheritance.

"Most would accuse you of impropriety, I think, but my pride's made such arrangements before, for inheritance and otherwise." Demons mating for life, after all, was a thing that wasn't needed for cubs. "I can certainly see what I can do. I would want to speak with at least my sister before I decide if I shall do it myself or if I'll bring it to others in the pride." She wasn't going to make such a decision without her sister's approval. They were a pair; day and night, fire and ice.

NovaCracker
"I am aware -- in my pride one does not typically do such, but I want to assuage my people's fears, especially once some good friends find their way here." A shy smile, the male then nodding. "However, I do understand and respect whatever you and your pride's final decision may be. I completely understand if your pride is uncomfortable or wish to know more as well. Tis only fair and I am a stranger to your pride, as is Doma. But until then, please, feel free to rest and be welcome; and your sister will be as well."