Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Off Campus] Resident Housing
The Bjishkian Residence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, though still close enough that public transport is readily available, sits a quiet little house. Yes, this is the suburbs, but not so far out as to be in Exile land or the mountains. The house is two stories tall plus a basement. The first floor consists of a large eat-in kitchen, a living room, a half bath, and a guest bedroom. The second floor has two bedrooms connected by a jack and jill bath, then the master bedroom and bath. Surrounding the house is a fairly spacious front and back yard, and the walk up to the house is lined in flowers. There is a small vegetable garden out back as well. All said, it seems like a pretty cozy little family home.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm
User Image
User Image

The Doctor's Information Profile || Peculiarity Spiritual Healing || Address The Bjishkian Residence || Patient Tigran || Attire Early Morning Appearance ||

User Image

This morning should have been routine. Waking up between 3:30-4 A.M, this lime colored individual would have started her day without the sun’s rays. That was a common sight along with the music that serenaded the night. It was quieting down but their melody lingered in the air. With golden orbs shifting over to her plugged device, a thought came across her mind. Charlene sent a text to an old friend who she hadn’t seen for a while. Not only had she been busy for an ample amount of time, but she had been cut off from contacting with anyone due to her hero work. Being a healer was quite demanding, physically and mentally. There were many people out in the world who needed those that had the capability to heal the injured. Since Charlene finally had some “me” time, she wanted to make up for lost time.

What she wasn’t expecting, after a quick shower, was a response from her mentor. This doctor knew of his children but it was far too early in the morning to be up and about. Considering the circumstances that wrapped around this man’s life, she wasn’t about to contemplate her next actions. A quick [I’m heading over] text was sent before she got ready to depart from her clinic. Fortunately, there were no patients today so she could give Tigran her full attention.

Stepping off the bus, walking some ways down the street, her blank gaze looked at the familiar home. There wasn’t much out of place, at least physically. The Ki that surrounded this place spelled a different story. 'What have you been doing to yourself?' The lady pondered as her steps carried her to the front door. A key was brought out, inserted, and turned.

Click

Her steps softly pressed against the flooring as the door was ushered into a close. Everything inside was dark and, assumed, that most of the inhabitants were asleep. 'All but one.' Her gaze flitted around the room as she sensed the Ki. 'The young ones are asleep while the man in question is...' Charlene may have paused in her thoughts but her feet carried her over to the very person she aimed to see this morning. "Good morning Tigran. Do you mind explaining your text." Her face betrayed no emotion but her tone was terse. The cellular device was lifted to where he could see. Her hand was placed on the nearest furniture as she gazed at the male. His Ki was not like how it used to be. It had once been pure and warm, now it was tainted and dull. It brought some insight into his cognition. "It has made me thoroughly concerned."

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 am
Hope the kind

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The purest forms of life
Our days are never coming back
The cannons of our time

Two skies watching it all, fading
Two skies living it all, fading
Two skies fading, one's abating
Two suns living it all, dying
Two suns fighting, one's abiding
Two suns watching them both, fighting
Two suns seeing them both, dying
Two skies seeing them both, dying
Two skies fading, one's abating"

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

That morning a little before 4, he had heard his phone vibrate. At the time, he was still in pajamas, but was reclined on the couch reading a book he had recently gotten from the library. Curious as to who would me messaging him so early (as messages from HQ bypassed the vibrate setting and went straight to ring.) He glanced at his phone, expecting it to be something he didn't care about, but quipped a slight smile when he saw who was messaging him: it was his first ever trainee, Charlene, a sweet young girl who used spiritual energy to heal. Back then, he thought that all of the pure versus tainted business was highly inconvenient and would probably come back to bite her, now though, he would have loved to have had something like her ability. Her message stated she wanted to stop by for a visit at some point. He gave a brief smile before quickly responding, telling her that he was free all morning, well, except for during the bus rush, and she could come over whenever she wanted. Finishing only a few more pages, he heard his phone go off again, this time she stated she was heading over now. It seemed sort of a weird time, after all they would need to be quiet so they didn't wake the girls up, but he simply shrugged and sent a quick ok. He went ahead and got up and got showered dressed, the normal morning routine stuff, then went to make himself some coffee. If he was going to be up anyway, he might as well be awake rather than restless.

He had just put the final touch on his coffee: a stick of cinnamon instead of any cream or sugar, when he heard someone unlocking the front door, step in, then close it behind them quickly but quietly. Only one non-relative had a key to his house, so he knew that Charlene had arrived. Almost like a bloodhound, she made her way through the small house and straight to him. He was anticipating hugs and general jovial greetings, but her expression told him otherwise. "Is it a crime now to wish to see a dear friend? Besides, the girls have missed you, they would love a surprise visit from Auntie Charlene." He had been Charlene's mentor when Ana was born, and he had to admit, around that time he had probably been a horrible mentor: always nervous and overly excited, impatiently waiting for the day he finally got to hold his little princess. Because the two of them stayed so close even after her mentorship was done, the girls saw her as basically a relative, even if they shared no blood. His attempts to keep the conversation light were thoroughly slaughtered when she stated that she was thoroughly concerned, apparently about him. That was just like Charlene, to avoid subtlety and diplomacy and go straight for the heart of a situation. It was great during disasters when you were trying to take care of tons of people and needed to keep things moving as fast as possible, but he sometimes wondered how the hell she had managed to keep a medical practice running. He sighed, "I was awake anyways, figured I might as well go ahead and respond. Next time I will remember to wait until a more believable time."

"In this world, I'm a stranger
I am lost in memories
All around me I see danger
And too much reality

But time will tell
And we will cross the bridge
When we find it and step on it
You take my fate in your hands
You say that we have to be strong or we will die

I want to fly from Venus to Mars
I want to slide across the stars
I want to fly forever so far
Until the day I die in your arms
In your arms

I'm afraid, sad and angry
I have nothing in my hands
I've been pure like a newborn
Now the devil invites to dance"

With: CharlenexxxxxxxxRelationship: WidowerxxxxxxxxWounds: None!xxxxxxxxOoc: It's gonna be a bit of a fight to make him confess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm
User Image
User Image

The Doctor's Information Profile || Peculiarity Spiritual Healing || Address The Bjishkian Residence || Patient Tigran || Attire Early Morning Appearance ||

User Image

It appeared that her mentor did not wish to talk about the true purpose behind her visit. His talk regarding his crime and children were only a distraction from the true culprit. The man could put on any happy-go-lucky smile in his arsenal but Ki didn’t lie. Eyes narrowed at the diversion that was meant for her to bite. Arms crossed over her humble chest, fingers thrumming on her attenuated arms. It was her body posture and the upcoming words that would express her disbelief in his statement. Of course, she was sure to keep her volume low in consideration of the children that were present in the world of dreams. She would be sure to ask about them when they awoke. "Do not tempt me with a distraction that will not work." Yes, there may have been some truth in her advisor’s words. She could not argue with anything that was expressed, unfortunately. It was pleasant to see all of the Bjishkian residents in this house. Perhaps if he had responded later in the day, Charlene may have not been any wiser regarding his plight.

There was Tigran, that man that had cultivated her peculiarity for a real world setting. A classroom could only teach a student so much. He helped her out in the field, assisting with the wounded, showing her the proper way to care and manage patients. Of course, there was only so much he could teach her before she was moved on to another. Still, they had worked together for an extended amount of time and got along well enough. Perhaps it had to do with his excitement for his first child and playing some part in his private life. Whatever the reason was, they kept in touch long after she had moved. Whenever one was in the area, the two or more would surely meet up. It was safe to say that they knew each other fairly well. One thing she knew was that Tigran didn’t wake up at 4 AM in the morning.

"It is already unbelievable that you would be up." Her golden lenses shifted on his posture, contemplating if this really was the Tigran she remembered. The man did wake up early to help with his children but 4 A.M was pushing it. Charlene took a glance around the room and sensed that he had been up for a bit. "Even more so when this isn’t the first time." There was an unsettling air in the home. It no longer had that warm and inviting atmosphere that it once possessed. The cause? She was talking to it. Though she wasn’t blind to the why component in his change of Ki. Tigran was still a kind person but his inner turmoil was practically eating him alive. It was like observing a terrible creature that has begun to slowly consume the man she looked up to for many many years. "You can’t hide a whole lot from me. You can fool others but my eyes see the truth."

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:05 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

He sighed, "if you want anything to drink, help yourself. I know you have babysat over here often enough to know where everything is." He wasn't deflecting her questions so much as delaying them while trying to be a decent host, even if his guest wasn't really much of a guest. He took another sip of coffee before motioning for her to follow him into the other room. If he was going to get grilled, at least he would be grilled in moderate comfort. He put his coffee on a coaster on the coffee table, then settled down onto the couch, listlessly watching to see if Charlene would settle down as well, or if she would choose to remain standing so that she could tower over the giant. He didn't even notice that the book he had been reading was still on the coffee table. It was one of those self-help type books, this one in particular was about coping with death. It was written for both people who were dying, or people who knew dying people. Even though he hated confrontation, hated the accusations, and definitely was not in a mood to lay bare all that had been bothering him, his tone remained calm and gentle. It was a skill of his he had honed through countless missions and seventeen years as a parent. No matter what emotion he was feeling or how strongly he felt it, he could always keep his voice soft and gentle. "What do you want me to say, Charlene? Yes, I sometimes have bouts of insomnia, but that comes with age. I know it is something that neither of us wants to think about, but I am decidedly middle-aged. Stuff is going to start faltering and going pretty soon. I still work the occasional odd job for the agencies, plus I work at LeVane Academy now, so I haven't exactly been kicking back in my old age. I guess I will retire eventually, but not yet, not when I am still capable of helping others out." While his voice may not have betrayed anything, he was subconsciously fidgeting with his wedding ring. Despite the eight months, he still always wore it. He had been wearing it so long now, that it made a permanent dip in the skin of his finger. To remove it would look awkward...and bring too much sorrow.

"Well, now that that is settled, don't tell me you texted me this morning just to question me? It has been far too long since we have seen each other. What have you been up to? I'm sure some of it is secret and you can't tell even me, but there has to be some of it that I might know?" It was his fervent hope that they could put this dreadful business behind them, but she was right: it was very hard to hide things from her in general, harder still when they had known each other so long. "We only have about an hour and a half before the bus rush starts, and I'm afraid that will be too chaotic for any real conversation." The bus rush was a time he both dreaded and loved: he hated how he felt like he was just barely on top of things and had to constantly rush about to get everything in order, but at the same time he loved watching the interactions they had when most of them were too asleep to think straight.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

With: CharlenexxxxxxxxRelationship: WidowerxxxxxxxxWounds: NonexxxxxxxxOoc: ___

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

A hand was raised at the offer of a drink. It was her way of politely declining the substance. Even while a cup of water would be nice, the limette didn’t want to be distracted by anything right now. Granted, maybe there was something that occupied her mind a bit. Surely the same could be said of Tigran as he took a glance in a particular direction. Buttery lenses shifted towards the area that housed the younger Bjishkians. It certainly wouldn’t do anyone any good if the children were awake to hear their conversation. There was no telling where and how deep this talk would go. As much as she wished to get to the heart of the matter, taking a hammer to this delicate situation would cause more harm than good. If she wanted to spare anyone from the pain, then she was selfish enough to admit that she would like for the Bjishkian family to return to their peaceful days. 'But that time has come and gone already.'

So, for the meantime, Charlene had her senses in tune with all the sources of Ki in this household. If someone was stirring awake then she’d give Tigran the sign that the munchkins ones were coming out of the world of dreams. With their convo being redirected into another room, Charlene took the comfort of the cushioned seat next to Mr.Bjishkian. When his eyes glanced at an open book, her vision followed. With the exposed pages splayed out on the table, the clinic doctor proceeded to place a bookmark in the reading material before closing it. She took a glance at the title but mentioned nothing about it right now.

Charlene sighed softly as she proceeded to hold the reading material in her lap. Slim fingers delicately traced the cover’s title as her cartilage were tuned to the conversation. "I believe we are both aware that this is bigger than just our age deteriorating our body." Those honeysuckle lenses shifted away from the cover and onto the tanned skinned man. While everything about her appearance and words exuded a serene atmosphere, her eyes swam with something more meaningful: worry. Those topaz faltered down to his fingers and focused on the ring resting upon it. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought about the friend she had lost. The memories of Tigran’s wife came to mind, stirring up her emotions and filling her mind with sorrow. Taking a breath in, she held it in just like she had with all these recollections. Then a breath was released slowly, a way for her to exhale those thoughts down the river of her memories.

"It sounds as if you’ve been keeping yourself busy. Congratulations for landing a job at a prestigious school. I assume the work revolves around healing, perhaps a Nurse of sorts? As pleasant as it would be to envision the father as a professor in the academy, she wasn’t convinced that the position would allow him a lot of free time to spend with his children. Maybe a Part-Time position was more feasible. It would certainly be more flexible than a teaching position.

"I came because you have a way of making me worry." She commented with a matter-of-fact tone. 'There he goes trying to move the conversation away from the root of all his troubles.' Quietly sighing to herself, her attention shifted back to the cover of the book. "I recently came back from a rather extensive mission." With her being a healer, the key word would be enough to alert Tigran regarding the type of mission she had been on. Though not a single scratch was seen on her skin, no doubt she had been a part of rather bloody mission. More likely than not, the assignment was a hushed up war that had yet to make headlines. Seeing as she didn’t say anything more on the subject, it was a rather hush-hush topic that involved her to keep sensitive information to herself. It was the drill for heroes like them and sometimes a common occurrence for highly requested healers.

"Since I’m here I’ll offer my services. We can get started with the necessary preparations and prepare for the unexpected." She lifted herself up before glancing over at a calendar. She could recall a time when it used to be filled with so many activities and plans. When someone had future To-Dos, it was written down. It was an open family that held little secrets between each other. But looking at the nearly blank parchment that held a handful of plans, along with the bare minimum of numbers and boxes...it was such a sore sight. 'If she was still around, I know she would never leave it so empty.'

Honeysuckles returned to look at Tigran. "Don’t think for a moment that I’ve forgotten why I’ve come here. I know I can’t force you to talk so I will just bide my time until you want someone to listen." Her vision looked around since they did have some time to talk. "You’re not the only person in pain Tigran. I’d never ask you to stand up and leave your memories about her behind. On the contrary, I wish you would cling to those precious moments and remember her for everything that she was." Dear, was she even good with words? "Even with our gift, we can’t save everyone." This last line was a hushed whisper as she glanced at the subdued male. "Even those who are precious to us."

User Image

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

Even from her very brief description of what she had been working on, he could gather the whole picture. He shook his head solemnly, when were people going to learn that violence wasn't the answer, even if you had first-rate healers. Healers couldn't cure death, that was terminal as always, and he could not imagine a situation in which killing someone was justifiable. Her comment about his knack for making her worry was also troublesome, though of course on a different scale. Was he particularly reckless? Did he take risks that he shouldn't have? It was his duty to be reassuring and help others, so he wasn't doing his job well if people were worrying about him. He really must have been lapsing in his duties for her to not offer, but assume that he needed help. Maybe deep in his soul something was off, but he had stuff managed, there was no reason for her take charge of things as if she was the only adult in a pack of teens. "Really, everything is fine. It may not be how you remember it, but the girls and I have got things under control once more. Long as we have each other, we will get through anything." He was feeling rather confident, believing his own propaganda, yet for some reason he could feel that she didn't believe it, and her doubt was confusing. But she was deciding to not hound him on it anymore, so the day was saved and they could go back to a more cheerful-

No.

It seemed Charlene had reserved the real arsenal for last, her words gentle, maybe even reassuring to some, but against him they were torpedo blasts into the ammunition room. Goddamn it he knew he wasn't the only one who missed her! He tried to be the parent his girls needed, tried to be two parents in one, but the fact was he could never be two people at once. Worse, he watched everyday as his girls became more and more independent and started taking on some of their mother's roles themselves. But still, on several nights even all of these months later, he would hear one of them crying in the night. He would hold them until they settled down, then stay right by their side, the whole night through. Those were difficult nights, but they were some of the few that made him feel like he was actually useful in this family.

He broke eye contact with her, leaning forward, elbows on knees, head held in his hands, and for a long moment he didn't say anything. "I-I wish people would stop saying that." His words were wavering and broken, as if words were not what wanted to escape from those shaking breaths. "She died on impact. She didn't suffer. There was nothing anyone could have done. There was nothing you could have done. Everyone dies eventually. I hear the same s**t with everyone I talk to." Tigran never cursed. Not even in the most tense or terrifying of moments, Charlene would have never heard him utter a single bad word. He had not been permitted to use them at home, and once he started his pro career, he didn't want to be a bad influence on potential impressionable fans. To hear it now, it was a definite sign that he was breaking. "Do they think that I don't know that, or is it just some response people are trained to give? Do they think that once they have absolved me of guilt from the immediate circumstances, that everything will be better?" He raised his head briefly, but only to remove his glasses and place them on the table as well. In that brief moment, the astute observer might have noticed the shimmering trail of tears hastily wiped away. "It doesn't make a bit of difference. They haven't stopped my poor little babies from having to grow up just a bit faster to try to fill in the void that was left. Doesn't change the fact that all we have left are memories, and will never get the chance to make more with her. None of us got to say goodbye, no one thought they needed to." His voice was starting to rise a little, not loud enough to be heard upstairs, but he was losing control. As if he was aware of the increased volume, he went silent for a few minutes, though now from within his tiny fortress of solitude, one could hear the quivering gasps of one who has shed too many tears to be ok. "It should have been me," he said in a tone of deep sincerity, though he spoke barely louder than a whisper. "It should have been me in that car. She was needed more than me. I-I'm just a burden these days, why couldn't I have done the right thing and died instead of her? S-S-She was driving back from the lawyer, reworking the divorce...if I hadn't have been such a horrible husband, she wouldn't have been leaving me, then she wouldn't have been out there then!" The thoughts were coming out in jagged fragments that didn't fit perfectly together, but with some filing a general narrative could be formed. However, if she had wanted any clarifications, now was not the time: his whole body was shaking, and the tears were flowing fast enough to drop from his hands and onto the floor. The walls and gates he had spent eight months building in order to function in society had been torn down with only a few words, and it was now clear to see that he was not alright, not in the least bit.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

With: CharlenexxxxxxxxRelationship: WidowerxxxxxxxxWounds: NonexxxxxxxxOoc: You happy now, Charlene?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

It wasn’t explicitly clear if her words, regarding his age, had faulted his attempt of his “insomnia” case. As he chose not to elaborate more on this subject, she would drop it. Though she was aware that the functions of the human body decreased with time. Yes, that included sleep. Even though the general public believed that the need for sleep declines with age, studies would show that this wasn’t the case. Our need for sleep remained constant throughout adulthood. Those honeysuckles glanced around the room once more. The manner in which this particular space was set up, it did not display an image of someone who had a few restless nights. No, this was someone who was often frequented by restlessness. Charlene could only assume one major factor that would cause the man to experience one sleepless night after another. 'Cassandra, I wonder if you would be heartbroken to see him in such a state.'

Not even his job was mentioned. Was that his way of choosing not to talk about a lighthearted subject? Or maybe, the answer was just so abundantly clear that there was no need to respond to it. Two daffodils went down to his broad hands and then to the nature of his peculiarity. Charlene closed her eyes as a breath was exhaled out. 'He must know what it is doing to him.' The limette wondered, for some time, if she should tell him what his peculiarity had been doing to him. In the beginning, Char wasn’t quite certain what his abilities were doing to him. What she observed was his life ebbing away from the man once he used his peculiarity to help another. At 16, she was still so young and learning about her own peculiarity. What right did she have to berate someone else’s gift? But something did make her wonder during that time: 'Does Tigran’s wife know?'

Unclouded Topaz gems narrowed when Tigran spoke about having things under control. 'What exactly looks “fine” here?' Glancing back down at the book in on the table, at least she could admit that he was looking for ways to cope. 'A self-help book is a start but this won’t be nearly enough.' The intricate design of the cover was traced with her vision while keeping her mouth shut about this topic. It was true that she had been gone for a little while, but…. 'Have I been away for that long?' Charlene questioned herself while taking not of his optimism. It seemed like his words were a pretty hollow package. It was decorated beautifully on the outside, but once you unwrapped it all you got was nothing but air.

And then that is when the waterworks began.

It was like taking a small hammer and lightly tapping a crack on a glass bottle. The fracture spread quickly until the substance within that fragile container broke. That comparison worked all too well with what the woman saw. Charlene observed his Ki fluctuate and grow distorted with these intense emotions, all as a result from her soft spoken words. What the man kept in his glass vessel, for an unknown period of time, was breaking and pouring out via his words. Though it wasn’t only his words that affected her. Tig’s manners was one the clinic doctor was accustomed to seeing when someone lost someone precious to them. This sight, the one her mentor expressed, was commonplace on a bloody terrain where lives were lost one after another.

The Topaz couple opened up cautiously as Tigran wasn’t the only one who began to become engulfed in these wallowing sensations. Being able to sense someone’s life force meant that there was some level of attunement with them. Depending on her own relationship to the individual, along with how much she became entangled in their energy, the other’s emotions would certainly sway her own. This was true now. While her face may have remained composed from years of her uncle’s training, little could be done about the tear that sliced through such a mute expression. Charlene’s steps were gentle, hardly making a sound, when she approached the downtrodden figure. Slender arms wrapped around the burly man’s head and brought it upon her abdomen. The clinic woman’s fingers soothingly stroked his hair in an attempt to calm him. "Tigran, you must think back when you told those words to another. When you had to be the bearer of bad news to the deceased’s family." She calmly stated. "People cannot tell you what you want to hear. People cannot list all the what-ifs in this world where the best outcome can be obtained. We cannot change what has already happened, but our words can cause tremendous change to the departed loved one’s." Little by little, her words took on a gentler tone that bled on her features as well.

Charlene remained silent regarding trained responses. For one of the sad truths regarding their profession was to be distant with the deceased. Their robotic replies was something they were taught to tell in order to protect the family and themselves. But that was probably something the sobbing man already knew. It felt like a question that didn’t require an answer. "I certainly do not think your children are “poor”. Please take another look at them." Her gaze shifted away from him and towards the sleeping munchkins. "They grew, yes, that is true but your children didn’t have to do that. They could have remained naive, leaning on you for support while you struggled with Cassandra’s death." Charlene shook her lime locks gently. "But your children are incredibly intelligent, and they are very kind." Leaning down slightly, she kissed the top of his head before continuing. "None of us can make memories with Cassandra anymore, that is undoubtedly true. With that said, we can remember her for the wonderful person that she was. We can visit her where she rests and tell her about memories that made us laugh, cry, angry...everything and anything. Or you can whisper in the wind and tell her to be safe wherever she is. You don’t need to tell her goodbye right now, only when you are ready to." That last sentence may have sounded silly but the woman was a believer in the spiritual. Who knows, Tigran’s wife could be watching them and choosing to not move on until her family was in better spirits. Maybe this was why Charlene believed that the dead were not quite dead until they were forgotten.

"Tigran, stop that." While the level of her voice was considerably soft, their words cut to the heart of the matter. "Do not try to think what you could have done differently back then. I know you don’t like these words, you have heard them all too often." Charlene’s fingers slid down to his cheek where she could feel the traces of his tears. She took a knee to the ground so that she could look up into his face. "What has happened, has happened. You’re hurting yourself when you start thinking of ways you could have been there to save her." While the doctor tried to remain strong with her words, little could be done for her own tears. "No one in this house thinks you are a burden Tigran. While I cannot speak for your children, I can tell you that I don’t think you are deadweight." Charlene used her fingers to gingerly wipe away any tears she could. "Please, don’t belittle yourself and place the blame squarely on your shoulders. Don’t try to find justification to keep yourself in low spirits."

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

He hated losing control like this, but at the same time he couldn't help it and it probably needed to happen at some point. Charlene was right about so many things, but it was hard to accept it. How could he accept that everyone had done the best they could when it resulted in his wife's death? How could he admit that he had sort of rushed things and bottled everything up so that he could try to make things right for his kids? Was it wrong for him to have done that? Should he have stayed wreck for longer, but reached out to others for help? That didn't really seem right either. No, a best case scenario would have been for him to get help from several others, but also for him to work on getting things back together piece by piece. That would have been the logical thing, but he definitely was not always the most logical of people. He couldn't really find the words to respond, even though he was sure a response was definitely called for. Even if he could find the words, he doubted his throat would be able to form them, it felt all tight and constricted, barely open enough for him to breath. How could he ever hope to take care of others when he had been on the edge for months now? He was a walking psych case trying to be a good Samaritan, yet if he gave up helping others, even for a little while, he knew he would lose himself in the mix.

Hearing a disturbance, Calliope tiptoed down the stairs, still in her pink fleece pajamas, and peeked into the room. For a second, her eyes brightened and a smile grew at the sight of Auntie Charlene, but soon realization hit, and she could read the room well enough to know that something was going on. Aunt Charlene was there for her father, to help him out. They had been pushing him to seek out someone for a while now, go figure the comfort wasn't going to come from someone new, but from an old friend. And of course their father didn't seek it out, it had to come to him. It was annoying, but she knew her father was like that: always willing to help and protect others, but not himself. She crept back up the stairs and told Ana then Thalia what was going on downstairs and asked both of them to please be quiet so that the two adults weren't disturbed.

Even though the girls were trying to be as quiet as possible, Tigran's parental radar was still sharp as ever, and he could tell they were up and getting ready for school. "I'm still kind of a wreck, I guess. Would...would you mind helping out? Seems the bus rush has arrived sooner than I thought. I know you probably aren't through with me, but Thalia's coach makes them run laps if they are late to school for any reason other than the bus's fault, Ana has student council matters to attend to. I swear I don't know if everyone else slacks off, or she is just that much of an overachiever. God she is so much like her mother." He gave a half-hearted little smile, but it was an improvement from a few minutes ago. Almost as soon as he finished speaking, Calliope peeked her head once more into the living room, but seeing that her father was a bit more vigilant now, she was going to be more covert in heading to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. She got down on her hands and knees and started crawling towards the kitchen. Tigran couldn't help but laugh, "Calliope, is that really necessary? I appreciate that you are trying to be discreet, but I think you are trying a little too hard. Go on ahead in, I'm sure Auntie Charlene would love to help you out. With both of you working, maybe you could pack your lunches and get breakfast ready?" He was genuinely hoping they could do it as he was planning on herding the other two along upstairs, but he tried to phrase it almost like a challenge, so that the two women...nope, he wasn't ready to classify one of his twin babies as that old...to make it sound more fun to do all of that work. Unless they stated that they needed some help, he would go ahead upstairs to help Thalia pack up her things and pick out her clothes while Ana was hogging the bathroom. After what felt like forever, he had to give Ana an ultimatum before she would come out, of course with a teenager's huff, and Thalia would dash in. Ana closed the door to her room before Tigran could heckle her about anything else, but then, almost as an afterthought, opened the door once more. She was just doing some last minute prep, and while she hated having her Dad poke his nose into her business, she also knew it was sort of therapeutic for him. He needed to feel connected to the family he had left, and she would never take that from him.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

With: ____xxxxxxxxRelationship: ____xxxxxxxxWounds: ____xxxxxxxxOoc: ___

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:50 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

No further words were spoken regarding this private matter. The only thing that filled the room was the sounds of a man who held everything in for the past eight months. By no means was there any pity given to the man as he unloaded himself. Despite what anyone else might say, it was refreshing to see her mentor open up. It didn’t have to be through words or promises of a future that may never come. The tears that ran down his face, the visible shaking of their body, and the ragged breathing that came with his low state. But the doctor felt like this was a start for the father. He finally released what had been stirring inside him for so long. 'You took the first step.' So as her expression remained mute to any outsider, she was beaming on the inside. 'I’ll help with holding your hand as you learn to stand up for yourself again, Tigran.' The mirage of a smile danced on her lips as she rose up to a more appropriate posture.

Her senses alerted her to something. 'It seems the children are awake.' If they were hoping to catch her off guard then they needed more practice. They could have been as quiet as a mouse but their Ki would always tell her where they were. But choosing to not spoil the girl’s fun, Charlene kept her back to the child and focused her attention on Tigran. Her eyes closed as she pinpointed the familiar energy. 'One of the twins is up early. No doubt they will scurry off and inform their sisters.' There was a knowing look on her face as the twin tiptoed back into the shadows. Calliope’s Ki intermingled with the others, confirming Charlene’s prediction. 'They are as close as ever.' She wouldn’t expect less from such a close knit family.

"Go clean yourself up then. I’ve already offered my services earlier, unless you’ve forgotten." It goes without saying that Charlene was going to help Tigran out with his daily routine. She didn’t have to spell anything else out when those few words would tell him everything he would need. Though she might not have worded the rush of munchkins as a “bus rush”, it was an endearing term that she adopted in her vocabulary when it came to the Bjishkian family. By no means was this doctor about to be distracted with the children when it came to continuing their conversation. But Tigran was able to cry out a load and, hopefully, lessen his burden by a bit. It would take more than an hour to release everything that had been tainting his Ki. Thankfully, he was able to talk about Cassandra without having to hide behind a tepid smile. So for now, she would be content with the progress the two made before gazing off at the twin.

The sight was amusing and something that brought back fond memories. 'She still has the innocence of youth inside her. What a sweet child.' The thought warmed her up as daffodils softed a bit at the ten-year-old. At least there was no need to roll up her sleeves to prepare breakfast but an apron would certainly be advisable. The doctor knew her way around the kitchen and made sure that the two chefs were protected from any spills that would happen. With a child around, the kitchen was bound to get a little messy. It was best to take some precautions so that Calliope’s outfit wouldn’t have another spot of stain on it. After inquiring about what they should make today, Charlene assisted the ten-year-old with the kitchen activities. There were some matters that needed her intervention while there were others needed a careful observer. It certainly wasn’t the quickest breakfast but it would be enough to fill everyone’s stomach. The good doctor decided to handle their lunch after gesturing for the young twin to wash up for breakfast. Helping them out of their apron, there was a small wave given to them as they eventually retreated back into the house. The limette could already hear the hustle and bustle going on upstairs, enticing a tiny smile to grace her lips. "There is never a dull moment around."

Charlene was finishing up the children’s noon meal when everyone was coming right down. She proceeded to dry her hands off with a clean cloth as she watched as Tigran herded them towards the table. Her expression had a tinge of softness as she observed the hardworking father. She proceeded to look over at the front entrance to make sure the children’s shoes were lined up so that they could make a dash towards the bus. If not, Char would proceed to pair the footwear together so that no child could complain about not finding a part of the pair. With that done, she would to return to the kitchen to handle the mess.

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:03 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

Calliope used to help out with cooking all of the time, it was something she genuinely liked doing, and it made her happy to see her family appreciate her work. With how things were these days, she had been taking on several of the more domestic chores herself, cooking being the main one. Still, it was nice to have someone working with her and helping out, even kind of nice having someone looking out for her. She was more experienced than all that, but still, the notion was rather nice. Once she was dismissed, she washed up then set five places at the table, then...didn't really know what to do. She was so used to working all of this on her own, that she wasn't really sure what to do with the extra time. Fortunately she didn't have long to wait before the others came down. Ana was checking her email as she walked down the steps, rolling her eyes as she saw even more work she would have to take care of once she got to school. Thalia...she may have been sleepwalking; it was hard to tell if she was awake at all and barely functioning, or if she was asleep and operating via muscle memory. Tigran seemed cheerful enough, but to those who knew him well (which was everyone in the room) they could tell he was worn out, and not just physically. It seemed as if he had been working for months on end, and he was now tired all the way down to his soul. "Please join us, Char. I'm sure everyone has a lot of catching up to do, and it would be a shame for you to miss out on the fruits of your own labor." That was one fo the rather traditional elements that was still practiced in the family: meals were taken at the table, and everyone had to put whatever electronic devices up and actually all converse, even if they had only a little time. Always being sure to set time aside for the family contributed to why they were so close-knit, and even when the girls got annoyed that they couldn't chat with a friend on the phone or do something else, they had to admit it was kind of nice to get to unwind every now and then.

Another scar of loss remained: the seat at the other narrow end of the table was intentionally left empty. Tigran sat at the opposite end of the empty seat, while Thalia and Calliope sat at the long end to Tigran's left, and Ana and Charlene sat opposite them. It was still a rather cozy set up, but perhaps the fact that no one had even thought to ask Charlene if she wanted Cassandra's place, suggested that subconsciously none of them had entirely moved on, though the children were doing much better with it than was their father. Most of the conversation was Ana and Calliope asking Charlene what she had been up to, and trying to get stories out of her. Like their father, they knew that some things couldn't be said, though they did not know the codes nearly so well as he, but they still wanted to hear stories of bravery or kindness or most any non-depressing tale that Charlene could think of. Thalia would have joined in, but she kept falling asleep at the table, only to be awoken by a gentle word and hand from her father, or an elbow to the ribs from her twin. Tigran listened to what was said and kept his eye on the clock to make sure the girls weren't running late, but he did not participate much in the conversation. He got the feeling he would be doing a lot of talking with Charlene, so now was all about the girls getting time to reconnect with their beloved aunt.

Just a little before 7:30, everyone had finished up breakfast, even the half-asleep Thalia, and were busy putting shoes on. Tigran gave them each the lunch that Charlene had made for them, then herded them out the door the moment he saw the bus coming around the bend. It gave them just enough time to get to the corner where the bus would pick them and a couple other kids up. Back in the olden days, Tigran and/or Cassandra would wait at the stop with them, but both Thalia and Calliope had made it known that they were too old for that, and having Ana around was all of the supervision they needed, ok thanks. Cassandra had felt a little sad about the revelation, but accepted it as a promising sign that the girls were maturing well; Tigran had silently been devastated. On a conscious level, he knew his eldest daughter was nearly an adult, and the younger two were almost in middle school, but in his subconscious all three were still his little babies and the fact that they didn't want Daddy's help was a lethal blow to his illusion. Once they were all on the bus, Tigran left the doorway, and started working on cleaning up the dishes. He knew Charlene was going to pick up the matter they had dropped, but he wasn't entirely sure he was ready for that. While he felt that maybe his burden had been lessened, it had been a very tiring experience, and his mental state just hadn't recovered enough to continue. Maybe. Who knows, maybe Charlene had some new age technique that would make everything easier? He would just let her do whatever, within reason, of course.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:54 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

Calliope had certainly grown! The Ki sensor didn’t necessarily mean the young twin’s height, but more so to the way they handled themselves in the kitchen. It was clear, by how they moved in the space, that they knew what they were doing. Cally no longer fumbled along the floor looking for the necessary tools for today’s breakfast. They swiftly moved about with precise knowledge regarding where everything was. Charlene could understand why Tigran might have labeled his children as “poor”. They grew up quickly and adapted to their home. Though, in those honey colored eyes, she couldn’t see this change as anything but growth. The children had chosen to not whittle from their mother’s passing. They grew from it and adapted to the best of their ability. It was just another aspect of nature and maybe that thought could be considered rather cold. 'But I can’t sugarcoat it. Life moves on and so should we, unless we want to waste away with longing for those who are no longer here.'

There would come a time when just about everyone was coming down for breakfast. A nod was given to Calliope after they had set the table and made sure everything was in its place. One-by-one everyone but Charlene took their place at the table. The empty spot at the wooden furniture was notable but no one spoke about it. It didn’t take a lot of thought for Char to understand why that particular chair remained empty. The Ki that settled on it gave the doctor all the answers she needed. "A moment." The limette responded in a soft and polite manner. This was around the time she prepared the children’s shoes before making her way back to the dining table. Char took an empty chair and sat right by Ana.

No sooner had her rear touched the furniture that she was bombarded with eager questions regarding her missions. A small smile bloomed on her usual poker face as a bite was taken from the meal. An assignment did come to mind, one that might have left their hearts a little warmer after it was told. Though she herself wasn’t involved in the fighting, Charlene recalled a search-and-rescue mission that took place in the not-so-distant past. It involved a father looking for his children and asking for a group of heroes help. They traveled and gathered as much information as they could regarding the disappearance of the kids until it was revealed to be a kidnapping case. After tracking them to an apartment building, the group had to be careful in retrieving them. Fighting was involved with Charlene taking up the role as the healer in the group. In the end, the father was reunited with his children and the case was closed. The doctor recalled how thankful the man was and the expression on his face when he saw that his small bundles were safe and sound.

After that riveting story, it was time for the children to be off. Charlene stood with Tigran at the doorway and watched them go off. She could sense the man’s Ki shifting as he watched them climb onto the bus. The woman would stay by the door until the bus was out of sight, waving towards the trio of Bjishkians during the entire time. The door was closed so that she could make her way over to the kitchen. A towel was retrieved from some nearby surface and used to wipe the wet dishes. "How are you feeling now?" Tigran was right. Now that the children were gone, she was going to pick up where they left off. Those honeysuckles drifted up to his weary face to gauge his mental state. "If you need to yell at me for overstepping my bounds, I think now would be the time. The children are away right now." Being busy with wiping off the latest plate, her attention shifted back to the task at hand.

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:32 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

It was a simple question that Charlene posed, but he really wasn't sure of the answer. How was he feeling? Like maybe there had been a void in him ever since her death, and he had been filling it with guilt and sorrow so that he didn't feel it so much. But now, a cupful of sorrow had been removed, and he could once more feel the void and its eternal gravitational force tugging at him. It would not stop pulling until it had consumed everything else, and it was taking a hell of a lot of energy to keep any sort of stability. Fortunately, before he could answer, she spoke again. This time he gave a faint smile, albeit a genuine one. "Char, I thought you knew me better than that? I don't get mad like that, and I definitely would not lash out even verbally. Yes this was all very sudden, and I can't say that I am happy about it, but I know you are doing it to help me out, help all of us out. I guess I'm just being a trouble patient." After all of the times he had quietly wished a patient would just calm down and let him do what needed to be done, here he was being resistant to help. Oh well, guess he didn't like being on the other end of the knife, so to speak. "Anyways, it is good to see you back. We really missed you, all of us. I know I was a bit of a shut-in for a while, but I was definitely cognizant of missing you, even if I wasn't really ready to interact with most people yet. Do you think it is likely you will be sent away for long missions anymore?" She was still fairly young, but she was nearing the halfway mark of her thirties, and he knew from experience that their line of work aged you fast. She was likely more durable than he, but even still, there was no way to make it to traditional retirement age and still be fit for duty. Moreover, he didn't know how much time he had left. His most important duty, therefore, was to make sure his girls were in good hands when he was no longer capable of caring for them. Charlene was the best candidate he could imagine in terms of good relations and skill in caring for them, but if she was constantly sent off for months at a time...that was no way for three children to live. True Ana was seventeen, and she would likely be at least eighteen before anything happened to him, but it wasn't fair to her for her to become an adult and then all of a sudden be in charge of raising two younger siblings while coping with yet another death. He probably should have told Charlene what was going on, but he hadn't even been able to tell his kids yet, and while he loved her dearly, his kids would know before her. Just...he had no clue how yet.

Realizing that he had been in his own head for a bit too long, and had probably been washing the same plate for who knows how many minutes, he shook his head and gave a weak smile. "Sorry, I zoned out for a while there. Guess I am not quite as awake as I thought. Might have to succumb to old age and take a nap in the middle of the day. Never thought I would ever act that old..." Granted, the weariness was more in mind than in body, so even if he did lay down, he would not fall asleep. At best, he would get maybe an hour of peace for his mind, when he forced himself to clear his mind so that his demons would be kept at bay. Though to be fair, he was averaging two to three hours of fitful sleep per night, so the body was definitely in need of some rest too. If he could just take a vacation from life for a few days, that would really be a useful solution.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

The click-clack of the dishes continued without incident as Charlene wiped off the water droplets. She made sure nothing would reside on their plates as they were rested back on the drying rack. He appeared to mull over his response while cleaning up the dirty dishes. "He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever." It was a proverb that she learned during her travels. She understood what Tigran was saying but that did not mean asking would bring any harm. It might have made her look silly as someone who had known the man for 17 years but she would rather look like a fool than to be one.

"This is not a housecall." The limette reminded him that her visit today was more so of a concerned friend than a doctor. It wasn’t very professional for a medical practitioner to come into a client’s home, make the family some breakfast, talk about their latest mission, and bid the munchkins goodbye as they were sent off to school. If her mentor chose to see Charlene as nothing more than a doctor who came to visit an ill patient, she could do little to change his cognition. So the woman would leave that short statement to do all the talking for her as she shifted her honeyed lense to his profile. He spoke of his unhappiness and she partly knew that coming to his home was going to result in a talk. Tigran had probably sensed it too, perhaps explaining his actions when she came in earlier. But none of this was taken to heart. Some things just needed to be done especially when no one else wanted to take a hold of the reigns.

Charlene nodded as the father spoke about missing her, showing that she recognized his words and that she was following along. The last of the utensils was wiped down and it seemed that their task in the kitchen was done. "I have already put in a notice at the Hero's HQ that I will be focusing on my work at the clinic." Meaning, she should not be sent anywhere else unless her skills were absolutely necessary for a mission. Considering that there was an ample amount of healers out there, she wasn’t expecting to be called in like last time. Such lengthy missions gave a grace period for the heroes to recover and assimilate back into their daily life. If everything went well, then her work at the clinic would be enough of a reason for her to stay situated in the city. That is, as long as her business had some clients to look after. Char did wonder what reason Tig had to ask her this question. Looking at his Ki, something was coiling in his mind that was of great importance. While she was unable to know what was going up in his noggin, it felt like she had an inkling on what he was concerned about.

With the towel placed away, the woman shifted her body to look at the giant male who apologized for swimming in his thoughts for so long. Her mute expression revealed nothing as his forehead was flicked with her finger. "You’re thinking too much again." That might as well have been a catchphrase for the limette. Now this took her back. There were times when Tigran was so absorbed in his thoughts that Charlene had often flicked him in the head to get him back down to earth. This particular situation certainly deserved her action. "You are still young enough to help with making dinner." Sure, the kids had gone off to school and there was plenty of time before people had to chow down but Charlene was not going to delay the preparation. She was ready to drag the man on a grocery trip till the calendar caught her attention. Moving over to it, Char wrote down [Dinner with Auntie] for today’s date and then [Breakfast with C.] for the next day. The pen was moved away, their eyes swept over the place and then locked eyes with the Nurse.

"Let’s go." Whatever protest he may have had about there being enough food in the fridge for their meal, well, they fell on deaf ears. Since she was back in town it felt only fitting to make a dish she prepared for the Bjishkian family. The kids could concentrate on their homework while the adults focused on matters that needed their attention. But there was another goal for going outside: to lighten up the air. Who knows when was the last time Tigran had gone out without having to worry about every little thing in his life.

User Image

When they returned back to the house, she was quick to get to work. There was still some time before the kids would come back. This place clearly needed a thorough cleaning. No, that didn’t mean wiping down the flat surfaces and decluttering everything in her sights. This meant rolling up your sleeves, getting the vacuum out, have the mop on standby, putting the gloves on, etc. They had enough time to spruce the place up, but why go through all that effort? In her personal experience, a clean home would often help empty her mind and give her a sense of accomplishment. Not every goal in life could be realized so it was better to start off with the ones that were achievable in the here and now. Yes, the limette would give Tigran something to do but not to the point where he was going to collapse on the doctor. She took care of the more rigorous task till the sky was growing a tangerine-like color.

If Tigran had shown exhaustion then she wasn’t that gentle to nudge him to rest or to at least take a seat. Charlene knew her way around the place, so despite being one person, she was rather efficient with her time. When that was out of the way she got to preparing dinner. They did get a lot of ingredients so one could expect a feast tonight. With five mouths to feed, yeah, there was bound to be a lot of dishes for dinner. "The children will be here soon." She murmured to herself while taking a glance at the clock.

User Image

User Image

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:02 pm
Hope the kind

The cannons of our time

Tigran Bjishkian
The ⚕︎ Cure

He quirked an eyebrow at her comment that he was not too old to help with dinner. It was still early morning, why did they need to be thinking about that? His questions still remained even as she added to the calendar. Why she thought that needed to be added when they would welcome her to stay for months on end if she so chose was beyond him, but maybe it was more of a reassurance that she would stay with them at least through tomorrow morning. As soon as she had written down those little appointments, he was unceremoniously grabbed and drug out the door. Granted, if he had actually tried to resist, there wouldn't have been much she could do: being a bit of a giant did have some perks, but he was too curious to really put up a fight. Normally, he would have insisted on them using up what they already had first, as money didn't grow on trees and they weren't exactly rich, but it would have been much too harsh to not splurge every now and then, and Charlene's return was a good enough reason for celebration.

Even though Charlene was taking the reins on this, that was no reason for him to just watch passively from the sidelines. He still made sure that they were picking cheaper options, and dammit plans would be modified if there was a coupon for it. It was all so capitalistic, but these mundane things served as efficient distractions from the ever-looming problems which followed him. She ended up buying tons of ingredients, and no matter how diligent he had been, it still cost a heck of a lot. He could practically hear his bank account crying over this. Eventually everything was loaded up and taken home, where it was unloaded just as easily. He figured then they might take a break and who knows what she would inflict upon him, but no, that did not seem to be what she had in mind at all. Practically as soon as she finished one task, she was getting all of the tools out for a massive cleaning overhaul the likes of which this house had never seen before. The house wasn't particularly dirty or disorganized, well, not anymore than one would expect from a single parent with three kids, but maybe an overhaul would be helpful...somehow. She set him to work with a plethora of tasks, none of them particularly arduous, but he felt like the list was a mile long. It was barely past noon when he started to feel a bit light-headed. He was quite willing to push on, but the moment Charlene saw him stumble, she was shoving him towards the couch to rest for a moment. He went ahead and laid down, so he would feel more securely perched in his spot. "I'll just be a moment, only really need to rest my eyes, I think." Famous last words. Practically the moment he laid down, he fell into a deep dreamless sleep, and would not wake up for quite some time, unless someone worked very hard to wake him.

It didn't seem like long before the bus was back, and the Bjishkian trio were making their way back into the house. As soon as Ana tried her key in the door, only to find that it was unlocked, Tigran was awake. Or rather, he was conscious and physically up; whether or not his mind had completely woken up was another matter. Even through the door, anyone could hear two of the voices arguing rather loudly. Ana opened the door and ushered the arguing twins on inside. "Would you two stop it already! Aunt Charlene might be here, do you really want her to have to listen to your argument?" The twins glared at her, Thalia dropped her bag right inside the door then made an exit straight out the back door into the backyard, while Calliope headed straight for her room with her bag. Ana sighed and looked over to her father as if in apology, "something happened at school today, I couldn't get them to tell me about it, but at least they stayed quiet on the bus." Tigran shook his head, but he was decidedly not upset or even particularly worried they might have caused a disturbance. "Thank you Ana, you are a very good sister to them. I'll go talk with them and see if I can find out what is wrong. Aunt Charlene should be somewhere around here. She's been cleaning up a storm, and I think she is planning on making a feast for fifty, you might want to check and make sure she hasn't remodeled the house." If it weren't for the faint smile, it would have been hard to tell if he was genuinely worried she had done something like that, or if he was just joking around; his voice was still a bit more tired than it usually was. Ana smiled, "as long as my room is still in the same place, I'm going to drop my stuff off first and then go help." As she walked upstairs, she glanced over to the twins' room to see if there was any sign that Calliope was willing to talk. Didn't seem like it: the door was closed and she couldn't hear a single sound coming from the other side. She put her stuff down then headed to the kitchen to find her Aunt. "Anything I can help with?" she asked her.

Tigran made his way outside first, finding Thalia almost instantly as a soccer ball went whizzing past him to strike the fence. Calliope may have been the calmer one, but Tigran knew he had an ace up his sleeve when it came to Thalia: she was a definite Daddy's girl. She always seemed to gravitate towards him, so even when Cassandra was still alive, he was the one who always consoled Thalia or helped her work through things. Now none of them got to choose who they worked with. "Something's bothering you. That's the only time you abuse that poor fence. Would you please tell me about it? It hurts me to see you so upset." Thalia didn't bother looking up at him, but she did reply, "just Calli ticked me off, that's all." He could kind of have guessed that, but at least it was a start. "What did she do?" Thalia huffed, crossed her arms, and gave him the faintest of glares, "some girls were picking on us, mainly her, and she wasn't doing anything to stop them. So I stepped in and told them to back off or else, and she got ticked at me. I was just protecting her, and she got mad for no reason! There. You happy now?" He walked over to her and ruffled her hair, "thank you for telling me. And no, I won't be happy until you two reconcile. I'm going to go talk to Calli, but you can stay out here as long as you need, ok?" Thalia was still playing annoyed at him, yet when he hugged her and mussed her hair, she couldn't help but quip a slight smile. "We need to get you a goal one of these days, I don't think the fence can take much more of this." And with that he was back in the house and heading up to Calliope's room.

I am lost in memories
And too much reality

But time will tell

In your arms

With: Charlene & his girlsxxxxxxxxRelationship: WidowerxxxxxxxxWounds: NonexxxxxxxxOoc: Sorry if I stopped in an awkward place, just didn't want to write a novel here.

[Off Campus] Resident Housing

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff