Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happily Never After[CLOSED..for now?]

Back to Guilds

What if there weren't happy ever afters? 

Tags: Modern, Prince, Princess, Anti-Disney, Storybook 

Reply 𝓒𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻
Dolche Cafe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Yoga Pants

Captain

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The drive itself was short, but it gave Esmé and enough time to really get comfortable being in Eric's presence once again. By the time they headed inside the cafe, Esmé had finally set part of her guard down. Relaxing into a seat, she set her purse down next to her and motioned for Eric to sit across from her. After all, face to face was the best form of communication. Drawing in a steady breath, the dark haired woman finally came to speak. "So what will it be? Remember, it's my treat." She spoke, lightheartedly. Once she got his order, she'd excuse herself to place their order before really delving into the topic that was on her mind. They certainly had a lot to talk about so they might as well aid their attention span with some caffeine. Once he gave his order, Esmé tapped the table top in a melodic way and stood up. His order was for black coffee. Some things never changed. "I should have known... I'll be right back." After rummaging through her purse, she plucked out her wallet and headed to the barista whom was eagerly waiting for their orders.

"One coffee, please. And make it black." She said before glancing over her shoulder at Eric with a smile, assuring him that she properly got his order. "And I'll take a vanilla latte, please." Paying with her card, she thankfully had a few loose $1's to stuff into their tip jar. After getting their receipt, she rejoined him at the table and tossed her wallet back into her purse. Despite the desire to go for the jugular and ask why she wasn't enough for him, Esmé settled on something a little more welcoming and appropriate. Clearing her throat, it was time for the formalities. "So, how have you been? I want to hear about everything!" Deep down she felt differently, but on the outside it was an upbeat tone as if they had been longtime friends. In a way, they had been. No matter their differences and her grudge against him, the good times did shine through making her hope that he had a nice life. She never wished anything outright cruel onto him.

He had been so adamant about joining the service, she wondered, and part of her just had to know if he had gotten everything he wanted. She never did understand his pull and the need he felt to join, but perhaps this was her chance to try to understand it a little bit. Leaning back a bit and settling into her chair, the Barista came around with a tray that contained their beverages. Assuming correctly, the barista placed the black coffee in front of Eric and placed as Esmé's drink in front of her, warning them both to be careful because the drinks were hot. She thanked the employee and carefully repositioned her latte to be directly in front of her. Truthfully, she was busying her hands while she awaited to hear Eric's side. The drink itself was hot to the touch, but it offered her an odd comfort in such a time to the point where she didn't mind it. "Sorry for the interruption, go ahead." She said, urging him to regale her with stories.

LOCATION ▬▬ Dulche Cafe xxx COMPANY ▬▬ Eric xxx MOOD ▬▬ Calm, curious xxx OUTFIT ▬▬ Click!! xxx OOC ▬▬ chat

Shandu449

Classic Trash

Crew

Shandu449
Crew

Malevolent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

╞═══════════════════════╡╞═══════════════════════╡

𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐝: Pain
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲: Esmeralda
𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 Dulche Cafe

tab tab Pulling up to the cafe, Eric gave it a look over getting out his eyes went to look at the front then where he would guess the back door was. Jogging over to her door briskly he opened it with a smile, as she passed him to go inside he glanced at a corner of the building once more. It had been a habit to know his surroundings, what they trained him to do. Exercises like taking one of their men away from the training runs to see if the group would notice, small things to keep the mind sharp. Inside he followed her to their table, nodding at her gesture for him to sit across from her, though sitting down he felt her focus on him.

tab tab "Just a cup of black coffee." He responded his eye fixed on her gaze before she got up to make the order. Another barista carrying a plate with a knife in it past him, Eric rubbed his head as he saw a split second of a vision of shouting as he was tied to a chair with a machete dragging across his chest. His chest expanded as his breathing grew heavy for a moment, not away that Esme had given him a glance.

tab tab With the next question and her back to the table, he controlled his composure and smiled. "I'm afraid their isn't much. Lets begin with after joining again, I was just a foot soldier sent on a single mission and got hurt on base. Some training accident, some time in a hospital before I was out." He paused as their drinks showed up, watching her take a sip before asking him to continue. "After the hospital I was discharged from my job as a soldier and here I.." The steam from his coffee sent him on another trip, his expression tensed as he saw a flashback of being tear gassed over and over in a concrete room. Rubbing his brow as he tried to play it off, "Sorry, just got some steam in my eye."

𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫:

Classic Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:39 am

Taking a sip of her beverage, Esme waited patiently for Eric to open up to her. Instead, he was deflective and told her a vague bit of his time in the service. Left to fill in the bits herself, she assumed that something big happened which he was hiding from her. With his line of work, she could safely make a few guesses. Exhaling deeply, she pocketed her disappointment and accepted that sometimes people didn't want to be forthcoming with their pain. She couldn't blame him for being guarded and for not wanting to take that trip back down memory lane. As her drink met her lips once more to drink heartily, she caught sight of an odd reaction from Eric. His pupils had dilated and his face turned stony. Despite his lack of movement, it was as if something was stirring inside him, wanting to cry out.

Setting aside her latte firmly on the table, she tapped with two fingertips onto the table to get his attention. "Hey. Whatever it is, you don't have to talk about it. I didn't mean to pry." Her expression softened to show that she was coming from a friendly place and not a hostile one. He seemed to have his demons, so who was she to demand that he face them? No less in a coffee shop. Leaning back in her chair, she tilted her chin up a bit so that her eyes caught the light. "Perhaps we should talk about something else?" She could strike up the usual and talk about the weather, sports, or love life. Truthfully, she would be happy for him if he was married and living the dream. Somehow, based on the moment they just shared, she figured that wasn't the case. She too was plagued with her own demons and she knew how difficult it was to live with them. Let alone try to find love with them.

LOCATION ▬▬ Dulche Cafe xxx COMPANY ▬▬ Eric xxx MOOD ▬▬ Calm, curious xxx OUTFIT ▬▬ Click!! xxx OOC ▬▬ chat

Shandu449

Classic Trash

Crew

Shandu449
Crew

Malevolent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:32 am
User ImageUser Image

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐝: Pain
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲: Esmeralda
𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 Dulche Cafe

tab tab His eyes focused on her finger tapping the table then to her, his deep blue eyes locking with her emerald green eyes. Narrowing his eyes with her mention of changing the subject, clearly she noticed something was wrong. He shook his head slightly before replying just loud enough where she could hear. "Of all the people, you deserve to know, after all I left. Makes perfect sense you want to know what happened." Breaking eye contact as he figured to give part of the truth, stirring his coffee break two sugars as the black liquid absorbed it. Taking a sip setting the drink down feeling the tension build

tab tab "I'm really having difficulty wording this, but I was wrong back then. You were right and if I could go back I would, thats what I wanted to say several months ago before I went comatose. After that I decided to pull my self away from military service and work a security gig. Going smooth until this woman came inquiring about a lost purse." Taking another sip before returning his gaze to her, he wanted to tell her the truth. That would only complicate things, she would feel obligated to help him and be there for him, she always was so caring despite her rough exterior. "Tell me Esme do you still do house remedies, I've picked up a nasty drinking habit." Before finishing the sentence a flask was procured and poured a shot of vodka in his black coffee, like a ghost it vanished back into his suit inner pocket.

𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫:

Classic Trash

𝓒𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces