Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[FawnbriarxBrightstar] A mouse for your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 pm
User Image

Hmm

Flop over to the left, tail twitching. Flip to the right and huff. Stare out into space before a butterfly catches the attention. Reaching out to try and snag the fluttering distraction lead to a miscalculation. One minute Fawnbriar is trying to get comfortable and paw at the fluttering nuisance and the next she was paws down two feet lower than where she started. The stump used as her resting spot was not quite big enough for the lazy hunting.

The result was unceremonious to say the least. Crouched for several moments, licking her nose before going to groom a section of her left flank like that was always the intention, the shecat did her best to seem like all was going to plan.

Plan was a funny word these days.

Lack there of became one of two burrs under paw. The other kept her watching the nursing den from afar.

No, this minute had to be different. Something had to change, she had to know something! Anything!

Moving from a crouched position, Fawnbriar started sniffing the ground and air searching to the scent of a particular shecat. Brightstar had to be about somewhere, now was as good a time as any to hunt her down.

With the decent scent pick up caught, the orange and white cat began to trot off in search of the only leader around these days.

caffeinecraving
tag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm
EvilSilverDragon
Taggu

User Image

Brightstar had moved on to help her clan with the extra bit of time with Rockclan. She was sure it was time for them all to go but her heart tugged a bit. Jaggedstar was their leader and had to make their descions... She had suggested a few times now for them to go home. Afterall no new dog scent had been found, but Jaggedstar wasnt convinced obviously.

She padded her way through the camp with a sharp trendle of raspberry. She liked the smell of it and hoped the smell would bring some comfort to the elders and the Queens. She started to weave the pricker into the entrance of the nursery. Thats when her eyes caught the Rockclan shecat. She was fairly sure that the she cat was waiting until she was back home to announce the news of new kits. Brightstar was sure that everyone knew at this point though, though she looked at the bare trees as they continued to drop their leaves. Hopefully they would wait as long as the she cat was waiting.

Though she pricked her ears fondly as the cat came toward her. "Fawnbriar! How are you?" Her eyes were warm and welcoming, no trace of worry on her face. Afterall her problems with Jaggedstar had nothing to do with his clan cats. And most the rockclan cats were nice enough that she wasnt too concerned, though a certain tom made her contemplate that thought. "Can i help you with something?" She sat, encouraging the other female to relax and chat with her a bit.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 pm
Scent of raspberry caught her attention caused her to paws and puzzle. Facing the wrong way, only a familiar voice tugged her ear to turn her head. Seeing the object of her hunt, Fawnbriar purred as she trotted over to the Leader of the Lightening clan.

Bouncing from paw to paw, distance vanished before the questions could slow her down.

Too late now.

Whiskers twitching, she settled herself into a comfortable seated position. With her tail wrapped around her paws, she offered the return greeting. "Brightstar, how are you doing? Always so busy for your clan." Unlike some leaders but she didn't say that. Didn't think it either, of course.

Looking around a moment, she offered an observation, "Its hard to see where one clan ends and another begins anymore." While the comment could be as passing as commenting on the weather, her eyes were on the other cat. Sure she tried to look aloof about it, even cleaning her left paw as the comment sat between them.

Even so, she added, "I wanted have a chance to just talk, if you have the time." There was a chuckle, showing bemusement to settle everything else down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm
She watched the she cat a moment and twitched her ears at the anxious bouncing. Thats really one thing she tried to avoid with all her cats. If they had something to say she wanted to hear it... good bad or ugly... if it was a thought... she wanted to know. But then again... This was a rockclan cat... so she couldnt be sure that she should allow such informality... but she reached out with a happy face. No reason to set them at unease....

She purred. "Change in title is just that... Still a bunch that needs to be done, no reason to sit around watching everyone else work when i have able paws." She purred. "I can see you harbor the same beliefs." She gave a knowing look but didnt put anything more out there. But of course she had that un thought thought. She hadnt seen jaggedstar at all today.... she wondered if he had snuck out early or if he was still sleeping.

Ah... so thats what it was about. Though shouldnt she be taking that concern to her own leader.... absent or not, if all his warriors demanded to leave... surely he would listen. "Is that such a bad thing though? Just for now i mean, while you are here, im glad to see that the cats feel comfortable enough to heal and recover the energy they need." She looked to Fawnbriar. Though of course she wanted to draw a line, but at the end of the day, they were all cats and those cats needed help so her cats were going to help.... she just hoped they didnt suffer for it.

"Of course, though i wanted to get this woven in.... would you slip in and tell me if you think the entrance is the right size first? Take into account though pregnant shecats will be wider, right?" She went back to threading the raspberry. If she slipped inside the scent of kits and milk would be lingering, even though they hadnt had a kit in a while, it would also be comfortably warm with soft, albeit stale moss. "So what did you want to talk about Fawnbriar?"

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Brightstar had a point, change in titles just meant more to do with the same cat. That could be good or bad. While she couldn't say she knew who Brightstar was before too well, Jaggedstar earned her concern. To see the stark differences between the two leaders, well that was one thing her clan wouldn't have known otherwise.

That did not work in Jaggedstar's favor.

At least Brightstar saw some of what she was talking about, and didn't see a problem with it. Now to test that a little further. "Of course not, Lightening has done everything possible to make this place feel like home. There are kits growing into warriors who have known this place more than they know the River of their births." Absolutely, the kits, they didn't know the land they should have known, the land she knew. They didn't have as many of the horrible memories the older cats had.

There really was no good side of that coin.

Daring to go just that one bit further, she asked, "Have you thought of what you will do if some of the little ones wanted to stay?" Little ones of course, Starclan forbid some of the adults wanting to stay. No, that would never happen. Looking hopeful would do nothing for her case.

Luckily for that, Brightstar had a task for her to do and a good chance to keep up with this being a casual conversation just to see what the other thought.

"Of cours.." Fawnbriar moved before really considering what was just asked, her body facing away from the Leader, one paw frozen in mid step. At least the other couldn't see the expression on her face at that moment. Her stiff tail on the other paw, was a whole another matter.

Ears flattening she responded, "I am happy to help." Yep, happy to go in there. Lowering her head she swallowed and made herself move forward. Each paw lifted only a little but the trek was short and she didn't shuffle. At the entrance she took a deep breath and walked into the Lightningclan nursing den for the first time.

The scent was a hard kick to the ribs, but the job had to be done. Moving a little to the left and right, letting her midsection feel out the area, she walked fully in. Making a complete turn, the shecat shook out her feelings as her fur stood on end.

Flexing her paws several times, she made her way right back out offering a nod and smile of sorts. "Looks like a bit of a tight fit if you had more than three Queens but the entrance is just tight enough for comfort...I would imagine." Not that she was an expert on what a Queen would need or what kind of den was vital.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 pm
Brightstar purred gently. "Ah, yes... I can see how concerning that is." She looked to Flamedapple, the new warrior for rockclan, who had done so much of her training here on lightningclan. And it had taken a firm nudge to get Jaggedstar to want to be a leader and give her her name. She had dreaded having to stand up there and give Quietthunder her name when Flamedapple was still a paw, even after surviving dogs and being an apprentice a bit longer. But luckily the tom had done his job.

She had nothing to give as positive aside from a sad look and a sympathetic nod.

Brightstar took a moment to look over the she cat. "I have, And if- when Jaggedstar says its time for you all to go home. I will wish you all well, and if those kits and young cats wish to stay... i will send them home with you. So that they can learn the waters im sure run through your veins." She gave a gentle purr of amusement. "Its easy.... to want to stay put... moving forward is scary...." She hesitated though "If after being back.... And they came back.... Im afraid i wouldnt have the heart to turn them away again....Because leaving to come back is still moving. Though.... I guess... If a cat knows the draw of Rockclans waters... and yet wants to give it all up to stay here... and they want to be loyal to my clan.... Why would i turn a cat away?" She frowned thinking about it. And then she quickly added on "Not that im actively scouting rockclan cats! She looked down. She had thought about this... and while she didnt want Rockclan to stay.... she didnt necessarily want their new 'friends' to leave. She enjoyed a few of the rockclan cat's company and it would be missed. But then again... she missed the ease of how Lightningclan used to be... when now all there was was tension.

Brightstar ignored her obvious discomfort. Drawing attention to it would be pushing too hard and she could see the shecat was already pushing herself. "Thank you!" She nodded. "Lightningclan was never blessed with many litters at a time, i think three was the most.... but if needed we can always dig out the back a bit more! Perhaps if we do it sooner than later maybe starclan will bless us..." She purred and finished twining the raspberry in. "Im not sure you have to worry Fawnbriar, i think most if not all rockclan cats are eager to get home...." She gave a bit of a purr. "Every cat.... for their own reasons."

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm
'If' became the word of the day. Staying suited her just fine, but there were many of her clan mates were not as comfortable in the arrangement. Fawnbriar had to wonder if Brightstar even believed that Rockclan would ever leave. Must be easy on Jaggedstar, he didn't have to do anything.

What she heard next stopped her midstep. Closing her eyes tightly, she took the comment and then let it go with a sigh. Of course that would be Brightstar's answer. She didn't understand all the reasons why some cats would like to stay behind. Bonds are being formed, and bonds already existed. For so many, this was home now.

Ears starting to perk, the shecat looked back at Brightstar as she kept talking. She'd welcome Rockclan cats that wanted to stay? Mostly silent, her comment about not actively scouting rockclan cats earned a chuckle, "Of course not."

How Jaggedstar would feel about the whole arrangement just didn't seem consequential though she'd ask if she found him. Considering that particular point, she waited on it for a little while longer.

She made a good point about litters at a time, it was a wonder no rockclan kits had been birthed since....since they got there. Maybe the whole clan collectively decided not to have kits until they were home? Or so many mates were lost that the heart wasn't in it for another. Certainly had limited options now.

"Hopeful the Starclan will see fit to give your clan that problem in its own time. Maybe with fewer rockclan around." She ended it with a chuckle aware of the burden the extra cats. Hers had helped but they were still extras.

Sitting and nodding she said, "I am sure, they will. I've heard some refer to here as home." Pawing at the ground she decided to ask, "I haven't been able to find Jaggedstar in a while. I know you are two different leaders, but would you share how you would take it if some of Lightingclan decided to want to join Rockclan? To help rebuild, boost numbers or.." To put it in the Shecat's own words, the question was concluded, "Or of their own reasons?" Different type of leaders was an understatement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 pm
It really was the hot button word. And she tried not to think about the Ifs. At the moment she believed that they were staying stationary and needed something to get them to move... she just dindt know what.

She did understand bonds, but she stood by have friendships with other clans but there may be a day you needed to fight them. She would of course worry about where their loyalty lies... but who would turn down able bodied warriors.

She smiled. "Hopefully!" She shook her head. "Though you shouldnt feel like our lack of kits... is due to rockclan, It is getting a bit chilly out."

She blinked. Home? Some of the rockclan cats felt as if this was home? She didnt know whether to be worried or happy. She flicked her ear at not being able to find jaggedstar, "I last saw him last night actually.... I think he must have snuck out at the crack of day to go work on your camp!" She hoped that was the case, otherwise he was still sleeping and that was probably not good....

She paused and thought about that for a moment. And then she looked back to Fawnbriar with a flash of fire behind her eyes she normally didnt have. But it was clear in that moment why their previous leader had chosen her. "Then i would send them on their way." That fire dimmed a bit and she adopted a sad look. "If my cats arent happy here.... then how can i expect them to be loyal to Lightningclan? So if they decide to leave, they may.... however... it will be forever... because they decided to leave of their own free will.... " She looked back toward the cats and where they were going about their lives. "I would miss them... each and every one of them that chose to leave... From Sunshadow, and her disapproving looks when i do something... anything really.... to Ravensnatch's strength that lets me sleep more deeply at night knowing that he will be by my side in any fight..... All the way down to Frostpaws constant mischief... but in the end there is no leader... without a clan.... and there is no clan... without the loyalty to each other that brings us to live our lives for each other and not just ourselves. So what kind of leader would i be... if i lead a clan of cats that wanted to be anywhere but here?" She looked back to Fawnbriar with a soft look. "I hope that answers your question."

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 pm
Trying to chuckle it off as a joke, the shecat added, "I'd be a little worried if we helped." If they helped the population those kits could be half each clan. That was unthinkable. Oh my those raspberry looked lovely around the nursing den. There was still that lingering thought about what if the clans never parted? Or there is always the risk that a few would get irritated and branch out on their own.

The idea that Jaggedstar was out working on the camp earned a headtilt. Sass could be held from the tone but her face was doing its own conversation. If he did, it was only due to Brightstar's influence.

The sudden fire in Brightstar caused Fawnbriar to back up and crouch down. Kind was not soft, thank you for the reminder. As quick as there was to anger, she got the distinct impression that flair was backed by a whole lot of sadness.

Trying to play it off, Fawnbriar remarked, "Yes, thank you for your time. Lightningclan is lucky to have you. Others could learn from your example." Other, but leaving off the 's' seemed too pointed. Same turn the idea of him hearing those questions from her brought a shiver all its own. "I've taken up too much of your time, have a good day." With that she bolted off in the direction of her tom. She had plenty to think of and discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm
Brightstar laughed softly. "Well there is that too... So ill be glad that we are at least staying the same." Her eyes glowed a bit. She was a bit concerned about that, but right now... it was almost hard not to look at rockclan as a permanent fixture... So any kits born now she would assume they were all lightning... and not ask the all too important questions.

She hid the laugh at fawnbriars reaction. She flicked her ear. Honestly... he could be doing something amazing... but she had her own doubts.

She hadnt meant to make the other cat cower, it was just passion on the topic. Loyalty was something brightstar held close to her heart, it was how she could trust the cats in her clan. And it was how her clan could trust her.

She waved her tail. "Im glad you think so, And... any clan would be lucky to have a warrior such as yourself, with the wisdom to ask questions and not go quietly into the night."

She hesitated and nodded as she watched fawnbriar retreat, perhaps... she had laid it on too thick. She would bring the queen a mouse later... Maybe send Snowdrop and Softfeather after her. She laughed a bit to herself and went out to get another strand of raspberry.

(Annnnd Fin xD)  

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas