"So why haven't you obeyed your king about travelling until now?" Zephirin asked Yangu as the pair trod throughthe paths out of the territory Doma held. The talk to Ormr and Jin had been brief at best, but the couple had agreed to mind the black lioness as they moved to seek Nacht's former companions, abd it meant ample time to talk. The sun hung high over the pair as they moved, paws carrying them from the territory carefully, and Yangu hummed softly, head tilting.

"I have a duty to my pride. I am kojin, I seek treasures and aid the miko. I'm also currently one of very few kojin."

"But your duties can be passed to others?" Zephirin frowned, and Yangu sighed, shaking her head lightly at her friend cooly, glancing up to the sky.

"I'm afraid of worsening things for my family. I don't want Doma falling and to take the blame and I've familyto see to. They all suffered for the break our mother endured... I merely endure better."

The lioness shook her head again, and Zephirin sighed.

"You can not feasibly shoulder such responsibility alone, though. What of your needs? Your wishes?"

"Me? I don't consider them important -- not in the face of my pride. Too many have need for a stable paw. Hien thinks I should mother a litter to help re-bolster out numbers, though, and that? I'm okay with, so long as I may raise them with love." A shrug then, and Zephirin nodded slowly, sighing.

"That sounds liker a heavy burden to carry, my friend. Are youyour family matriarch? No other relations?"

Yangu paused, eyes closing in thought befoire raising her head to look heavensward, dark eyes gleaming.

"Mother perished in the plague. Grandmother perished quietly after killing her own brother, a vioe lion named Asahi. Nobody speaks of him, because he presented himself the consummate gentleman. But he was a worse monster than my grandmother. Mother was.... Not the only cub in her litter, but the only one whom stayed. The rest left and are long dead, surely. I was the fiurst born,and much as mother wished I was a son, I was born the eldest, and so my siblings are mine to look after, especially with how horrid mother was to us all."

Yangu knead the path, pausing to look over the view of the roguelands. Dark eyes took in the scenery in silence, tail low and uncomfortable. She'd never left her home, and now she had to journey to save it -- from an outsider, and vaguely she wondered what her grandmother would have done -- would she have sold them to the lioness of black pelt? Sided with Lord Hien? She had turned on the pride, but Yangu often still wondered what to do, frowning softly as she considered.

She was afraid, though. Zephirin observed it in her muscles. Tense, tightly wound, prepared to spring in an instant. He supposed she was afraid -- afraid of the dangers of the roguelands, of strange places -- and he almost felt horribly for her, the cheetah leaning in to the lioness to offer his small frame as a form of comfort, and Yangu jumped slightly, looking to him in surprise before sighin.

"Is it even safe to roam out there?" Yangu asked. Zephirin snorte.

"The roguelands? No. It is a place full of sin and vice. But... Not as much as I thought when exiled. You might take time to learn the ways of the rogues, but you seem clever. I believe you can learn. You needs only time and experience." Zephirin smiled some, and Yangu weakly smiled back before sighing, slowly taking a step forwards.

"Kami help me, I've never left Doma territory before, though." She confessed. Zephirin nodded.

"That's well. Head low -- not in shame, I promise. You want to evade detection and evade offending outsiuders. Tis best yoiu present yourself humbly before newcomers, but if claws bare, fear them not either."

"Fighting?" Yangu's head shot upright, her eyes round. "I'm -- I mean, I don't know how I'd fight properly.?"

"That." And Zephirin paused, head tilting. "...Alright that might yet be a problem. I can help but only so much. You are much larger thasn I." Zeohirin frowned, brow furrowing thoiughtfully as he considered his options, head tilting. Yangu sighed.

"I've seen the shinobi and samurai do it, but not... tried it. Grinnaux and Paulecrain do it a lot." And she rolled her eyes. Zephirin laughed.

"They seek to remain sharp, is all. But if you learned anything observing them that will help."

"I learned cheap shots, do those count?"

"Sadly, yes, yes they do." Zephirin laughed, shaking his head in amusement as he smiled, and nodded. "Even if thewy qwere taught better than to cheat."

Yangu laughed, and sighed, hesitating on the ledge to look out. She wasn't sure she could do this really. Even if Hien had told her to seek some male to send blood back to Doma, it was.... Frightening. None in her mother's litter had returned, after all -- they'd sought lives free of shame. She was afraid the freedom might steal her from her home, or perhaps she might get hurt. Zephirin leaned again encouragingly and the lioness felt hersrelf tremble, eyes shutting tightly before she shook off the terror of the feeling. She was going to be ok, right? Zephirin thought so, and slowly, she took her first step for the barrier, shaking as she followed Zephirin's encouragement -- the cheetah followed her carefully, steps precise and calm as he followed.

It would be okay. It had to be okay. Maybe Nacht's teacher was nice!... Right, they had to bribe him, and Yangu prepared to balk when Zephirin offered a small push forwards, the lioness gasping as she stumbled forward at the smaller feline's surprising strength, and then paused as she crossed the border.

Zephirin moved beside the frightened lioness silently, and bunt encouragingly.

"You can do this. For Doma." Zephirin soothed. Yangu trembled again, but nodded.

"For Doma... I'm so scared though."

"It's natural. You're okay, my friend. We'll make it. Together." Zephirin smiled, and leaned a third time. "Just remember none will touch you, save those whom you allow."

"I'm scared." Yangu admitted, ears pinning. Zephirin nodded.

"I know. All will be well though." And he stepped, taking place at her side, as he breathed. "I've gotyou, my friend. Let's go."

"Okay. Zephirin?" Yangu spoke, voice quiet as she began to move to follow the smaller feline carefully, taking his guidance step by step slowly. "Thank you for helping see to this female. And... For being my friend."

Zephirin's ears pricked at the words, before a warm smile crossed him and he bowed his head softly, moving to walk back into the wilds.

"You are welcome, my friend." Zephirin responded softly. Yangu smiled, and moved to follow him into the unknown of the rogue;lands. Somehow, knowing her friend was there made things just that much easier.