Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[Pineripple x Cedarfang] Shoulders to Lean On

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 pm
User ImagePineripple had been having a rough couple of nights following the battle. She couldn't relate to any of her Clan mates as easily anymore. Granted, it was always hard, but now, she felt more lost than ever. Froststrike and Silverstreak, her two friends, were looking more intently at one another. Pineripple had always suspected their connection, but it was becoming considerably more obvious lately. It was making Pineripple feel more insecure about herself in the progress.

She hadn't gotten any extra attention since she was an apprentice, when Brightstar and Thistlethrush had taken notice of her. Since then, she'd always thought herself to have a great future, to one day become the leader or someone of great importance, but now.. She just wasn't sure anymore. She hadn't even fought anyone in the great battle. She hadn't been able to comfort Silverstreak (and the she-cat ran off to Froststrike anyway, so it wasn't like Pineripple's comforts meant anything to her to begin with) and when the battle began, she hadn't actually fought anyone, so much as ran around looking for her mother.

Now, even though the battle was over and the Clans more or less sorted, Pineripple had been spending more time with Needlewhisker lately, remembering her panic on the battlefield. She'd been trailing behind her mother on patrols and sharing tongues with her whenever the need arose, but that day, Pineripple couldn't bring herself to get out of her nest.

How can I call myself a warrior, when I didn't even fight in a war? She thought, burying her nose into her front paws. Everyone else fought so valiantly, but I just hid behind Needlewhisker and now I'm STILL hiding behind Needlewhisker! I'm never going to be important to any cat... She thought hopelessly. No one is going to think I'm special. She turned her head away from the light coming from the entrance to the warriors den. Maybe she wouldn't get up today at all.

Natitsuri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:21 pm
User Image

Weary from a long patrol, Cedarfang slowly made his way to the warrior den for a quick nap. Since the recent battle in Starclan, Cedarfang had taken to doing many patrols to get himself out of camp. There was so much to think about. Though he still cared for all of his clansmates, he wasn't sure he could trust them. Deep down, they lived by a different code than he did, and he was fairly certain that it wasn't a good thing. Though he was trying not to be, the truth was that he'd grown suspicious of the cat's around him.

Shaking his head clear of the negative thoughts that clouded his mind, he stepped into the warriors den. Though the day was still early, Cedarfang was surprised to see that the den wasn't empty. At first he thought one of the other warriors seemed to be sleeping in but after a moment of listening he realized the cat in front of him was actually awake.

"Pineripple?" He called out to the she-cat in a soft voice. Of all the other warriors, Cedarfang felt most comfortable around Pineripple as she was one of the only Lighteningclan members he had run into during the battle that didn't hesitate to announce that she fought for Starclan and not that horrid Forestclan. The two hadn't spoken since the battle. Last Cedarfang had seen of her, she was being reunited with her mother on the battlefield. At the time, the young warrior had seemed to be in good health. Perhaps something had happened that Cedarfang wasn't aware of? Gently, he called out to her again. "Are you alright?"

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:37 am
So wrapped up in her own thoughts, Pineripple didn't hear Cedarfang's approach until he was calling her name. Her ears perked up in recognition of the warrior's voice. She'd seen Cedarfang on the battlefield. He'd been fighting in the name of StarClan too. He'd come with her to find Needlewhisker.

She hadn't spoken to him since the battle beyond a few words. She hadn't spoken to much of anyone, beyond Needlewhisker. She felt so foolish. She heard him speak again, this time a question. Was she alright? How could she begin to reply? She should assure him that she was fine, that she was just tired from recent events. Events that had earth shaking effects and she was certainly shaken up.

But was she alright? She raised her head from her paws slowly, then moved her orange eyes to meet with his yellow ones.
"No..." Her voice wavered. "No, I'm... I'm really not." She admitted quietly. "I'm not hurt, but I'm hurting." She blinked, swallowed. She was surely troubling him. He was another Clan mate, but not family per say. She shouldn't bother him with this. "If you need a quiet place to rest, I'll get out of your way." She mewed and began to ease herself to her paws.

Natitsuri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:21 pm
"Nonsense." Cedarfang said as he laid down in front of Pineripple, blocking the entrance of the warrior den. With the way he flopped down, it would be easy for the she-cat to walk around or over him but the gesture was clear; he did not want her to leave. "Stay." His voice was firm but not unkind. The two words he spoke held a softness he rarely used. Then again, he rarely had interactions with his clanmates like this. He was always there to fight for Lighteningclan but wasn't really close to any one cat. Silent for a moment, he looked the other warrior over and blinked at her slowly.

"You have seemed upset ever since I saw you on the battle field of the Great War." He said in a hushed voice that was almost a whisper. "What is going on inside your head? I might be able to help ease some of your hurting." Cedarfang didn't really expect Pineripple to open up to him, the two of them weren't close so he figured asking her to open up to him was a long shot. Regardless of that, Pineripple really did seem to be hurting and Cedarfang wanted nothing more than to take care of his clanmates, especially those who lived by the code of Starclan so he offered to help anyway.

As he waited for a response, Cedarfang groomed his front paws of any briers or foliage that he'd picked up on his recent patrol.

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:56 am
Pineripple looked rather surprised when Cedarfang lay down in front of her. For a moment, she was unsure whether she should walk around him, but eventually, she settled down and let out a weary sigh. She nodded at his request to stay. It caused a small warmth in her chest, close to the place where she longed to be needed by her Clan members.

She listened to his words and shuffled her front paws, flexing them as she grappled with finding the right words. She shouldn't burden Cedarfang with this, but... He had told her to stay. He wanted to help. He had helped her during the Great War and she found that she desperately wanted someone to talk to, beyond her mother.

"I... I failed LightningClan, Cedarfang." She admitted and hated how small she sounded. "I was supposed to be this great warrior when I was made one. I was destined for the path of greatness! When I was an apprentice, both Brightstar and Thistlethrush approached me to go on patrols. I'd thought they did this because they saw something great in me, but... after I was made a warrior, nothing else came of it. Then, at the Great War, I... I froze. All I could think about was making sure that Needlewhisker was alright. I didn't do any fighting at all, I just ran around like a scared kit!" Her eyes stung and she found that her claws were digging into the moss beneath her.

With a sigh, she sheathed her claws and absentmindedly began to pick the strands of greenery from her paws.
"I'm a coward. Maybe it was just a coincidence that Brightstar and Thistlethrush approached me when they did. If... If I can't be anything special... If I'm not even able to defend my Clan mates, then how can I call myself a warrior?" She said, her tone both bitter and defeated.

Natitsuri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:29 pm
As he listened, he continued to clean his front paws stopping every now and again to look up at his clansmate. Patiently the tabby tom listened, without interruption, until he was sure Pineripple had said all she was bottling up. For a moment after she was finished, he sat just looking at her, formulating his reply.

"It wasn't a coincidence that Brightstar and Thistlethrush took interest in you. They did, and I'm sure they still do, see greatness in you. As an apprentice they choose to guide you, as a warrior, you make your own path and what comes from it is up to you." Cedarfang spoke softly but firmly to the she cat, still gazing at her. He knew she had the potential to be great, he had seen her bravery before. The battle had shaken many cats to their core, he was no different.

"You wanted to find your mother so that you could protect her, didn't you? The battle happened so fast, you didn't have time to plan so you acted and went to protect the one in the clan who matters most to you. That isn't freezing, that's doing." He blinked at her slowly a few times. For a moment he internally debated if he was giving her reassurance or a lecture and if he should stop. Cedarfang decided he was probably doing a bit of both but Pineripple needed to hear it.

"Fighting isn't everything. Just because you didn't fight doesn't mean you didn't try to protect the ones you care about. When you ran into me, you did not back down or run away, you prepared to fight. Luckily for me, we were on the same side." As he spoke, Cedarfang flashed her a smile. He wasn't sure he was helping ease her worries but he was trying.

"You can learn from this experience and you can do better next time, for I fear this is not our last battle with those of Forestclan. You can call yourself a warrior because you still tried to protect a clansmate and you are still loyal to the warrior code of Starclan." His tone was harder now, more stern. He tried to make it clear beyond doubt that he viewed Pineripple as an equal warrior even if she hadn't lifted a claw in battle. Many cats didn't and they were not thought of as anything less than warriors. Cedarfang hoped that Pineripple could eventually understand this.

belloblossom

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:15 am
Pineripple tried not to fidget as Cedarfang looked at her. She wasn't sure anyone had ever looked at her so closely before. Not even Needlewhisker, except when her mother had looked her over for wounds during and after the Great War. It made her fur prickle, but not in an unpleasant way.

She listened to him as he spoke, hanging onto every word. Sometimes she stared, others she looked away, uncertain or embarrassed. When he smiled, she felt herself relax. She wanted to see him smile more often; she wanted to make him smile again.

When it came down to her ranking in the Clan, the hardness of his tone shook her back into her reality. She blinked, but she found that she had a resolve in her chest. She felt more... secure. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to say now. An impulse made her get up and move, shuffling over in the den to lay beside Cedarfang, rather than in her own nest.

She tried not to feel too self-conscious when she brushed her pelt against his.
"Thank you, Cedarfang." She told him as she settled in. "It... it means a lot, coming from you." She mewed and then ducked her head, her anxious energy catching up with her. Had she been too bold in moving over to be with him? "You've already been so kind, but... if it's not too much trouble, would you, erm, stay here a bit? With me?" He had come in here to rest, presumably. Maybe he wouldn't mind the company too terribly?

Natitsuri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 pm
As Pineripple got up, Cedarfang's stomach dropped. Had he said to much? Said the wrong thing? He wasn't used to to being relied on emotionally and was pretty sure that he had messed up. Was the tabby she-cat about to leave the warriors den because she was upset with him? Maybe his pep talk was more of a preachy lecture than he'd realized. Cedarfang was already beginning to ready an apology in his mind when Pineripple laid down next to him.

Of all the things he'd imagined happening today, having Pineripple so close to him was not something he had considered. As she spoke, a purr started deep inside him. His words meant a lot? He blinked contentedly, it was probably the nicest thing any cat had said to him in many moons. Cedarfang's purr increased in volume as the she-cat asked him to stay. No member of the clan had ever shoo'ed him away, but aside from Oakfire, no cat had ever asked him to stay either.

"It's no trouble at all." He replied to her question, a bit embarrassed. "Though I ask that you forgive me if I fall asleep." Cedarfang thought of himself as a well versed fighter and a decent hunter. Through many battles and hunts, he'd managed to keep a level head and think on the spot. Yet, here he was, simply laying in the warriors den feeling completely flustered. He risked another look at Pineripple. She seemed much more at ease now. Feeling very content and useful to his clanmate, Cedarfang blinked at her again, smiled, then closed his eyes. For a few minutes, he continued to purr and simply enjoyed the warmth of her company before drifting off to sleep.

belloblossom

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:50 am
Pineripple had never been this close to any other cat, besides her mother. She felt her fur prickling, but the purring from Cedarfang helped to ease her anxiety. She blinked slowly at him, a smile creeping across her face.

"There's no need to forgive such a matter, after all you've done for me today." She replied. She settled in, shifting slightly until she was properly comfortable and gazed at the tomcat as he closed his eyes. She had especially never been this close to any tomcat, purring or otherwise, and it made her feel as though the new-leaf sun was touching her pelt for the first time. A low rumbling purr rippled through her body. She wouldn't have to get up today, she thought, but she would get up tomorrow. Maybe... maybe she would invite Cedarfang out on a hunt. She thought and with that happy thought, she let herself sink back into the comforts of sleep.

Natitsuri
Well, this seems as good a place to end the RP as any! Thanks for a great roleplay, these two are such a cute pair!

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games