[FIN] I See Sorrow (Mtima & Sedare) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The lioness sat upright, heart pounding, blue eyes wide in the darkness of her den. The night was quiet, everything peaceful, yet she was wide awake.

It had been a dream.

Another dream, but there was something about it that reminded her of the last time she'd had such a night vision. That time, she'd seen a lion whom she now understood to be her uncle fighting with her mother. Both parties were now dead, one mourned and one not, but the dream had shaken her deeply at the time.

Now she'd had another, but she knew it was not her family this time.

Again Sedare had seen two lions fighting. This time, one had been brown and one had been white. Big males, too. She'd been watching with...sorrow? Pain? The she in the dream had loved them and watched them take the other's life in mutual destruction. But...the dream had been different in some ways. More...fogged. Clouded. As if whatever had given her these dreams had had to reach further to find this scene.

Shaking her head to try clearing it, Sedare stood and left her den. Sleep would be a long time returning and perhaps running through the pride's lands would help calm her mind once more.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am
User Image

Mtima'safi had been hiding out in the Kitwana'antara for quite some time now. The world had calmed back down almost as suddenly as it started, at least by a god's reckoning.. she she had a terrible feeling about the outcome. There was a good chance she could return to the haven now if she wanted to see what happened, but the stray butterflies around her and the wandering souls she still encountered occasionally told her everything she needed to know.

Being in the plagued pride was difficult but the grim place felt appropriate as she hid away from facing whatever had changed, whatever new meaning her world and identity was forced to take on.

She hadn't hidden that she was here, she had a very avid priestess serving her while she was here in fact and she didn't expect her to keep her presence a secret.. but she truly didn't want to cause any trouble. So wandering around at night was better, it was quieter.

What she wasn't expecting was a lioness trying to chase away the memory of a strange dream, but she heard her coming from a distance and stopped to watch.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 am
Sedare's headlong rush stopped abruptly as she saw the strange white form that had been seen around the pride of late, especially at night. Rumor said it was a goddess - especially if you were listening to Mstari, who'd declared herself the High Priestess of the Goddess of Souls. When the acknowledged High Priestess had complained, the Queen had pointed out that it would be respectful for each god worshipped to have their own personal High Priestess, particularly if a given pridemember wished to take on the role. Na'al had very carefully avoided any discussion of a god actually within the pride lands though.

All of this rushed through the lioness' head as she now headed for the white figure. It was difficult to make out all details in the darkness, and there were small movements around the being that might have been other creatures or might have been something else. But of all the things Sedare could imagine saying to a supposed goddess, what came out was not at all what she'd intended.

"Not enough yellow."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 am
The hurrying pink form came in her direction and Mtima made a conscious decision not to move or hide. Mstari wasn't actually the only one who knew she was here, just the only one who wanted to shout on high about it. She was a curious lioness, this one. When she got close enough, she could tell it was a seer who had found her.. but she didn't look familiar in any other way. She had a feisty spirit, but a good heart.. there was no need to run away.

Then she said something unusual.

"What do you mean?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:03 am
"I..."

...what did she mean? Sedare had no idea what had prompted her to say such a thing - now that she was close she could see the figure was both white and yellow. It just...wasn't as much yellow as...as what? The lioness was certain it had to do with her dream, but she couldn't quite grasp it.

"I'm not sure," she admitted at last. "But I just woke up and I suppose I should be happy I can tell up from down."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:08 am
Sedare's confusion pulled at Mtima's heart in an unexpected way. She was young again but her memories had come back in the flood of panic when the gates came down and Mkodi returned. She remembered Wahabu and when he was young, when he couldn't make sense of dreams and it kept him from being rested. Maybe that wasn't why this lioness was so shaken, maybe there were other reasons she might be so out of sorts while running around and claiming to have just woken up.. but she was a seer.

"Are you alright?" she asked, stepping closer curiously, "What's your name?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:11 am
"I'm fine!" the lioness snapped, an old response to an old question. Mother would never have wanted her children to be anything less. But, that wasn't the way this conversation should go. The pink and white female took a couple deep breaths to visibly calm herself after her nigh-involuntary reaction.

"My name is Sedare," she answered finally, looking up to meet the other's eyes in the darkness. It was hard to tell what color they were by starlight. "What about you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:29 am
The goddess didn't react when Sedare snapped at her about being fine. She seemed to realize it was a mistake right away, but it didn't bother Mtima so much. She had been killed by a mortal once but she hadn't really fought back, she was smarter than that now.. and this one wasn't even really a threat.

"Sedare," she repeated, "My name is Mtima'safi, I am the Goddess of Souls."

So far when she properly introduced herself, she had a few mixed reactions. She couldn't tell if this one was sick, but the few she'd seen who were worried about the timing. She was invoked at the end of their lives, to ease their passing into the next life.. and now that the world had changed, she had another job here but she wasn't telling them.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am
Blue eyes grew wide as Sedare stared at the self-proclaimed Goddess. The thing was...she had absolutely no doubts whatsoever that this lioness, this creature, this god was telling the truth. So many questions ran through her mind, as well as other commentary. One of the latter was the thought that perhaps Mstari wasn't quite as crazy as she'd thought. Another was why on earth any god or goddess would come here. A last was why she would just...hang around at night and not demand worship or sacrifice or anything like that.

Sedare opened her mouth to respond, but before she could formulate a response, she frowned and closed her mouth once more. "You were more yellow, before," the Seer said at last, only half seeing the figure before her, and half remembering her dream.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:39 am
Mtima made a face and stared for a few seconds before understanding dawned on her. Then her gaze grew thoughtful, almost critical, as she searched her memory for any sign that she had known this soul in her past life. Anything was possible now, but she was too young to have been alive before then and too old to be reincarnated already..

"I was indeed," she said, "Have you seen my past?"

Some gods hated seers. Most were lucky that Mtima'safi, one of the gods who could identify them at a glance, was not one of them.. but it didn't stop her from feeling almost threatened by the statement.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 am
“I....have I?” the lioness stumbled, unsure how to react to the goddess’ calm response. She was unused to the idea that not only should such strange things as these dreams happen to her, but that others would take those occurrences in stride. Hell, she wasn’t even certain what she had seen. At least the first time it had been clearer. Sedare had clearly seen her mother as one of the two combatant lions. The other’s identity had been shrouded in mystery that was partially explained by Eione, partially by the crazy ambush the family had pulled off. She’d been...utterly terrified and pissed off at the same time. But in the end, her strange dream had made sense and given them a warning they might not have otherwise had.

She understood far less about this new dream, especially because the two fighters here, the white male and the brown male, had been blurry in such a way that she couldn’t clearly make out many features. And...

And in the dream, she’d been somebody. Somebody...yellow.

Mtima’safi.

“I...was you,” she whispered, the words slipping out with the realization. “In my dream, I was you, watching two lions fight to the death. I loved them, and I was sad for them. For...the loss of what they meant to me.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:55 am
Sedare's response said a lot more than she might have realized. It told Mtima she had found a seer who did not understand her abilities, maybe didn't even know what they were. It meant she was either one of the unusual anomalies that showed up or if she had a god parent, she didn't know them or what that meant..

Then Sedare described her dream and Mtima's demeanor changed to one of sorrow. That was not a memory she would ever have hoped to share with anybody, it had caused her enough grief and been the final blow to a dying pride.. that was more than enough.

"I'm sorry you saw that," she said kindly, "They were my brothers. Gods can have enormous egos and they both chose to destroy each other rather than continuing to work together."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 pm
The lioness was silent as she contemplated what the goddess had said. Of all of the words, the fact that two brothers could destroy each other instead of working together made the most sense to Sedare.

“I...my...uncle...wanted to destroy my mother. I saw them, when they were young. She beat him. He came...two years ago. He came here. But Mother...was already dead and I...” Sedare’s words trailed off as emotions chased themselves across her face. Then she swallowed. “I killed him.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 pm
Mtima frowned as Sedare described another vision she had and the consequences of it. Sibling rivalry seemed to be a never-ending struggle for her, she was lucky it seemed to end with her previous life. Mzimu and Pepo had destroyed each other, Kilango had attacked Wahabu, Dalila and Mneme were reborn with a long history of rivalry.. it was a blessing that Sona and Ifa were such a well-matched pair, even for their oddities.

"He sounds like he was dangerous," she said, though she wasn't sure how reassuring it would be, "Do you know why you see these things?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 pm
"No!" the lioness exclaimed, frustration clear in her voice. "I never had any dreams like that before the first one, and now the one with you, and I don't know why these things should happen to me!" Sedare's voice was climbing in tone and volume as she went on. "I just want it to stop!" she wailed, tears of frustration gathering at the corners of her eyes.

For the moment, she'd forgotten she was supposed to present a firm, unyielding facade as a Warrior. There was something so comforting and helpful about the goddess, as well as the fact that she'd somehow been the goddess in her dream...it was all too much to handle.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff