Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
An excerpt from Ikuyo's time in Inusekai Park

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm
A excerpt from Ikuyo's five year training/life in Inusekai Park.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:31 pm
Her foray into the dog lands was met with a gasp running past her lips. Fields upon fields of lush green grass and strange contraptions as far as the eye can see was enough to pull the breath from Ikuyo’s lungs. It wasn’t as if the lands among along the way here hadn’t held their own beauty as well, but such a sight was well unexpected after climbing through the tall grass that had blocked off the sight from outsiders. Despite it’s glory Ikuyo couldn’t help but notice a certain lack of trees lining it’s expanse, something that of course would be picked out by her woodwaker blood. It was such a far cry away from the home she had been used to, even her time in Korgashi there had at least been a few of the wiseful beings to grace their presence to the young ones.

A nudging from Kaoru snapped Ikuyo back to reality however, and she immediately set her mind back on track. She had come here for one reason, to get stronger. She didn’t know what exactly Kanzaki had planned or how long she had to do so, but if it was possible to get to the level she needed to help him, then these sages would know how to do so. Striding into the grasslands there was sudden air shift and all at once every dog in the park, small, great, floofy, and old, turned at once to observe the outsider.

Ikuyo ignored them all and kept up her stride with meaning, pushing past all the burning stares determined to make her way to the great oak tree that stood proud in the center of the park. Despite her outside appearance she was terrified on the inside. It hadn’t been too long ago that she had been told stories of giant animals, all with a power far greater than humans, that could consume them in a single bite. Such whispers were common place in her tribe after all, but Ikuyo had always dismissed them. Now though? When she was faced with the truth of her fears? It awoke a primal feeling inside of her gut. With every step that she took her body screamed to run in the other direction, that there had to be some other means to gain power.

At the base of the laid a bloodhound sleeping peacefully, it was hard to tell whether her wrinkles were from her age or just from her being. Ikuyo leaned towards age as everything seemed to point towards this animal being the Tsubaki that Kanzaki had mentioned. Moving to stand closer to her Ikuyo had hoped to wake her by her presence alone but without even opening her eyes the dog let out a sound somewhere between a growl and a sigh. Ikuyo had no idea how long she was aware of her, probably from the moment she stepped on the grass if she had to guess. Stopping dead in her tracks the woodswoman spoke not a word. She might not have been fluent in dog speak but that growl had, in a single stroke, made it clear just how large of a gap there was between their power and station.

“A Senju hm? Very well. Tell me your business here.” The voice was distinctly feminine and carried with it all the same power and influence that Ikuyo had felt just a moment ago from her bark. Her words choked up in her throat, she had never really thought of Kanzaki as being lenient on her but the reality of what she would soon be forced to go through came upon her. Luckily Kaoru spoke up on her behalf. “This Kanzaki’s disciple, Ikuyo. Bring her train.” Finding herself thankful for the dog’s customary broken speech Ikuyo added to the statement. “'Tis as de dag says. Scon are 'ere ter git stronger.” Tsubaki to regard the words with a vague interest but didn’t bother replying for quite some time, so long in fact that Ikuyo began to wonder if perhaps there she might be denied. Chocolate brown eyes pierced the deepest part of her soul left Ikuyo feeling bare before her. “Well then, it is good to hear that he finally found that disciple he was searching so long for. However, I hope you understand just what you’re asking for.” Lifting her body up Ikuyo could now see her exact height reached nearly more than half as tall as she was. As if she needed any more intimidation.

“Oi expect naw greater or lesser treatment than yer wud show ter anyone. Scon are prepared.” Speaking her final peace Ikuyo stood straight backed and ready for whatever her new master decided for her. “Very well… follow me.” Fear shifting into anticipation, Ikuyo followed closely behind using Tsubaki as sort of a social shield, or ‘permit’ that she had earned the right to be here. Which the other dogs did seem to accept and return to their colorful toys and slides, only a few still stared with a now curious intent. Ikuyo gave those she caught a little wave. The first step taken towards conquering her fear.

Eventually the three of them came upon a smaller subset of the part after walking through a deer trail through the tall grass. The area was much smaller than the first part of the park she had been to and lacked any trees at all, instead within it’s center there sat a pond with dogs all around it sitting peacefully. “Sorta av looks loike their meditatin'.’” Ikuyo noted offendedly to which Tsubaki replied. “They are, and this is where we will begin you’re training. Sit.” The irony of a dog telling a human to sit was entirely lost on Ikuyo, who only preformed as she was told. “To start with I want you to close your eyes, extend your arms, and fold your legs over one another. I can smell your mind is distracted, untrained. We’re going to have to break you all the way down and correct that.”

The words break her down brought unrest within her but Ikuyo was too far gone to complain now. Instead she focused on Tsubaki speaking, letting her lead her through it like a hypnotist did with a volunteer. “Clear all thoughts from your mind, feelings, memories, I want them all gone. You are now part of nature and it is part of you. Feel it flow through you and bring with it all of the knowledge of your surroundings.” Something that natural-esque didn’t seem so strange to Ikuyo considering her upbringing. Bringing herself to be one with nature came as easy as breathing, or at least so she thought. In truth she was close to it because she grew up in it and enjoyed it’s presence, but to actually become apart of it was a different story entirely.

It was many days later before Ikuyo had felt the beginnings of what Tsubaki had spoken of. In that time not much had passed other than the occasional correction from the dog matron herself. Kaoru had long since wondered off to be on her own, likely to do training of her own or maybe to play with the other doggos. “Oi tink dat Ah've got it!” would be words that Ikuyo would come to regret because as soon as they left her lips did she get a smack on the side of her cheek so hard that it left a pink paw print of the side of her face. “Good! Now we move onto the second step. Remain in your meditation stance and use what I’ve taught you to dodge my strike!” It had taken much strength on her part to not snap back at the sting that still marred her face but begrudgingly the woodswoman receded back into position, now more determined than ever to get her revenge.

Several attempt later however and all Ikuyo had to show for it was seven more paw prints all over her face. Determination was now sweeping into a playful revenge. What was unknown to Tsubaki however, was that in secret Ikuyo had learning to feel the wind of the blow come striking closer. All she needed was to time the seconds right now and… like magic her mentors paw strike came when she had figured Ikuyo hadn’t been paying attention. This was her moment! As the paw attack came in a thunderous clash rippled wind all around her. Having extended her chakra as an aura around her Ikuyo had managed to not only defend herself but stay in her stance without even opening an eye.

With the thrilling feeling of victory Ikuyo allowed her meditation to lax and open her eyes so full of gloat ready to be thrown in Tsubaki’s face. “Ahaha! Oi bet yer didn't expect dat ye!” Her enthusiasm was only spurred that much more when she got to see the surprised expression on Tsubaki’s face. Completely unaware that her expression wasn’t of a sudden awakening of ‘wow my student might actually know her stuff’ but more of a ‘what was that?’. Eventually the she was able to regain her composure in the face of Ikuyo’s teasing. “Ahem. Right, congratulations. I was starting to wonder if you weren’t cut out for this for a moment. Anyways I need to deal with some personal matters so you will have to continue your training with another.

Out of breath now Ikuyo had to pulled herself back together just to be able to answer. “'Aha well oi 'ope it 'ill be more av a challenge.” “Watch the cockiness now. You don’t want to end up just like Kanzaki. We’ll head back the way we came for now and then I want you to follow along the edges of the grass until to reach the second path break.”

Ikuyo followed behind faithful hopped along behind Tsubaki right up until she was meant to go her own way down along the grass. It was a slow going at first but she noticed that she was slowly becoming used to the presence of the sentient dogs and over the fear of being eaten by them. It was probably a great helped that none of them weren't actually large enough to do so but Ikuyo liked to give at least partial credit to herself getting over her fears. It's so nice here.. everything is filled with the love of the earth. I could stay here for a long time... Drifiting off on her walk Ikuyo absentmindedly followed her given directions until she reached her goal. What Tsubami seemed to fail to mention however, was just how far away her next trial was. Taking the better part of nearly two days without any sign of where she was meant to go, Ikuyo was forced to make camp in the smooth grasslands. Thankfully she had at least had plenty of food stocked from before she had come here. At the end of the second day Ikuyo had made it a routine to fall into her daydreams, and thus the girl failed to notice the trap that was laid before her. Put together in the same way as the previous clearing with the exception of the grass growing almost as tall as the wall of it that surrounded the park. Six Dobermans were sat waiting in the grass and each each moved silently to circle the girl. When the circle was enclosed each of them leaped from the grass not attacking but barking with their sharp foam ridden teeth. Panicking Ikuyo turned to try and retreat but by then it was already too late, every possible direction there came another dog ready to strike. With no where else to go the woodswoman fell on her butt in the middle of the trampled circle looking terrified.

At least until an order in a gruff voice barked out a command she couldn't recognize. Each of the dogs halted their wild rampage and sat obediently as if nothing had ever happened. "Always pay." "Attention." "To your surroundings." Barked three different dogs. Ikuyo only pulled her knees in to her chest more confused than ever. Each animal seemed to finish each other's sentences, but all carried similar sounding voices that left the girl turning her trying to figure out which one was even speaking. "Now don't." "Be afraid." "Girl." "We were only." "Trying to teach." "You a lesson." Their words did little to comfort her Ikuyo who had now managed to at least get a hold of her mind. Okay, maybe I need to work harder on that fear thing..

Slowly she stepped up from her fetal position to address the pack. “Oi uhm scon 'ere ter learn. Tsubaki sent me.” “Yes.” “We know.” “Why you are.” “Here.” “We will be training.” “To strike as a pack.” After all six had a turn to speak the first one continued. “Tell us.” “What is the first.” “Thing you would do.” “Against.” “Uneven odds.” “Well... oi'm not rightly sure if oi'm 'onest.” A collective sigh came from all the dogs at once when it was clear that their work would be cut out for them. “You must watch.” ”Your surroundings!” “They will be working.” “Together so you must the.” “Flow of battle heighten.” “Your senses. Come let us test you.” Shifting from their calm stance each of the dog fell back on all fours ready to pounce but giving Ikuyo a chance to defend herself this time.

She wouldn’t consider herself prepared exactly but this is what she needed to do to become stronger after all. Using what she had already learned from Tsubaki, Ikuyo dropped into her meditation stance and let her mind’s eye extend out around her. A thin veil of chakra soaked in the grass around her, so deep was it that every breeze and sudden breathing from the dogs was known to her. BAM! Like a flash Ikuyo leaped to the side as one of the dogs had dug from under her feet, it’s mashing teeth narrowly missing her foot. As she fell back however, another of the beasts had come from behind ready to strike where she would land. Her aura able to alert her but unable to defend for her the woodswoman instinctively tried to adjust herself mid-air to not get hit and was successful at least partial so.

Her leg did manage to get torn apart though. They really weren’t pulling any punches with her here. “Try harder!” “Others won’t go so easy.” “On you!” Her face was getting hot now as she was spurred onwards by their words. Ducking, dives, dodges, everything was happening so fast that it was al she could do to not get hit by their attacks. “Don’t let us corner you!” Cried one of the animals passing by. “You need to go on the offensive!” “Don’t let fear control your movements.” It wasn’t fear, or at least she didn’t think that it was anyway. But they were right about one thing. She couldn’t just let them attack her or she would grow tired and be taken out anyway.

But how did one fight against such odds? The desperation of her situation set deep into her bones. These dogs were aiming to kill her and she had to do the same. It was do or die. Eyes snapping open from her meditation Ikuyo’s eyes burned with a red fury. One of the Doberman leaped for her neck, that would prove a mistake. In a mimicked style to the way the pack had been attacking her Ikuyo dropped to al fours in an instant so that the creature missed it’s shot by leaping above her. After which another animal shot at her legs from the other side of the brush, just as she had planned. With their numbers they were built to move as one that much had been obvious, but if she paid attention, she could use that fact to her advantage in knowing when the next would attack.

Grabbing the underside of the dog above her Ikuyo took the legs and brought the animal into a downward swirl and brought it down on the head of the other dog. Using the momentum of the attack she was able to keep the jaws of the first animal to reach her hand snapping. Both yapping were silenced as two of the six were knocked out. She wasn’t done yet though and neither were her foes. The four remaining took up positions in a square around her and all launched a beam of twisting fire at her. The heat from all of them felt an increased strength due to their number.

Kickflipping in the air Ikuyo tumbled over as the fires collided with each other and caused an explosion that singed he fur on her shoulder but otherwise left her unharmed. Her foot hitting the ground with a stomp that she would use as the somatic action for her senjutsu. While each of the animals were still frozen in place due to the effects of the ninjutsu they were left no time to dodge the grass from the surrounding area that wrapped around their legs and lifted them into the air in one fell swoop.

“Yes.” “Waiting for your chance to take us all out.” “At once as well as.” “Using our teamwork to guess our attacks.” “We say you pass.” The four cried in unison and left it to Ikuyo to smugly drop them all to the dirt below. “Ugh. We..” “Will need to tend to our.” “Wounded. Go seek the one named Takemaru.” “He lays in the main park.” “Teaching the children.” “Tanks for waaat you've taught me. Oi greatly appreciate yisser lesson.” The Doberman’s nodded tiredly and the woodswoman was off back to the main field, left with time to reflect on what she had just learned. Now that the adrenaline had worn off it ikuyo felt like she had taken it too hard on the animals who were only doing their job. I should go to see them after this.

Heading back through the grassy greenery Ikuyo realized that while she had gotten a name from the dogs she had forgotten to ask what he had actually looked like or where he was. How was she supposed to find him now! Groaning internally Ikuyo aet off on yet another trek through the park to find her quarry. Taking the better part of a week in which Ikuyo was forced to survive in the wilderness it was an eternity before ahe even meet sight of another person... err.. dog. So much so that Ikuyo had begun to wonder if perhaps she didn't wonder too far. Her heart was put at rest though when through the distance little forms could be seen playing with each other. Perhaps one the other animals knew? They did say that he would be teaching the little puppies so she could alternatively look for those as well. Taking her time to wonder instead of asking for directions it was some time before the girl was able to locate what looked to be a schoolyard full of pups all neatly piled in a circle, and one very very large great Dane. Easily matching the size of a wild horse Ikuyo braced herself in case his temperament was anything like the pack she had met.

Thankfully it didn’t look like that was the case. “Now can you tell me which signs are primarily found in Raiton ninjutsu?” So he’s a teacher? Moving to stand close enough to get the man’s attention but not interrupt his class, Ikuyo waited for the man to finish his course. “Dragon!” “That’s right little Lou! Good job haha. Listen class I have some business to attend to you so break time!” the class held a mixed assortment of dogs and yet all of the mewled at the prospect of a break after so long a day. Scattering to the four winds each of them rushed to get a hold of their favorite toy before another did. “Thank you for being patient! It’s a rare trait to find in a human these days.” The great dane spoke to Ikuyo in the same way she imagined a father would. Something she had never really had in her clan. “Oi wud raised by dohs who expected it. oi don't suppose you're Takemaru? Tsubaki sent me ter study under yer.” “Hm? Oh yes she already sent word. Come.” Motioning her to follow him the dane past the white picket fence to enter the little dog house before him, forcing Ikuyo to bent down just to be able to get through the door. “You see… my specialties lie more in the analytical tools of combat. I suspect the pack has already pushed you physically?” “Yes.” “Heh. They can be overzealous. I apologize. Anyways, please take a seat anywhere. We don’t exactly need to accommodate many humans so unfortunately we don’t have any chairs.” Indeed, there wasn’t any furniture in the single room schoolhouse. It made sense since dogs wouldn’t have a need for such things but did leave Ikuyo sitting uncomfortably on the floor.

“Now tell me! When you look at me, what do you see?” “Ahh a dag?” “Correct! But I mean what’s deeper than that? I’m talking about to the art of using your chakra as a means to disrupt an opponent’s offense before it even starts! That is what I specialize in.” Stopping an offense before it even starts? What exactly does that mean? The confusion must have been apparent of her face because Takemaru quickly followed up. “I want you to take your chakra and stretch it out as thin as you can. I’m told you already learned the heavenly arts style, it is similar to that except we won’t be meditating with it.” Doing as instructed Ikuyo took he chakra and made it as thin as possible and then threw it in the air the same she usually did.

“Done? Excellent! Now we’ll start with the easy way of using her chakra to sense the presence of other chakra. I am able to use this method to break down forms of chakra but that will take years of training and I don’t think you want to stay here that long. Once this is done take your chakra and send a pulse through it. You’ll want to get used to doing this as fast and as many times as you can.” Taking a deep breathe Ikuyo did a she was told and tried to pulse her chakra through the created invisible mist. Her brows furled when she found the action harder than she thought. The amount of control and energy it drained from her drew the same amount sweat that she had during the fight with the pack.

“Good good you’re almost there! You feel that yet? I’m using chakra right now you should be able to pick it up.” Focusing intently now Ikuyo searched for whatever hint that Takemaru had mentioned. If she was honest she sure as hell didn’t feel like she was any closer with everything still just looking the same to her. What was supposed to change? Maybe it’s not meant to be something on the surface? Looking at Takemaru again the woodswoman gave him a deeper look, focusing on a specific spot on her to correct. That’s where she saw it. A gleaming that had lasted only a minute, but it was there. It had looked as if it being seen through a sheet of glass and.. That’s it!! So enthralled in her sudden success Ikuyo practically all but fell forward on her hands and knees to get a better look.

Using her chakra as a sorts of magnifying glass the girl focused in on the dog until the area lit up with his color of chakra. Once it had it become clear to her Ikuyo fell back with a surprised expression. All at once her chakra moved to react to the foreign chakra source and lit it up to her eyes like a lighthouse on a beach. “There! You see it now don’t you! Haha you wouldn’t believe how long it took me before I was able to use it, of course nature chakra flows easier for those of Senju blood.” Great body moving besides her the dane motioned her her to ride him. “Y-ye sure?” “If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t offer. I’m to take you back to Tsubaki to complete your training here.” Still more to learn? I feel like my time here has taught me so much already. Struggling to get on the animals back the two ran off towards the great tree after leaving through the schoolhouses back exit. Something she noted sure would have been nice to go through rather than squeezing through the entrance.

A few days later and Ikuyo was left where she had begun this whole journey. “and this is where I leave you little miss. I have some younglings to teach. Best of journey’s!” “Yer as well Takemaru! 'Opefully oi can git ter spend more time wi' de puppers next time!” Looking just long enough to give a polite nod back at her the horse sized dane made off back in the direction of his children, leaving Ikuyo to turn around herself with a sigh. She had been mauled by a pack of dogs, slapped around, and drug through more mental gymnastics than she cared to admit, she was certain that whatever Tsubaki could possible whip up. Boy was she wrong on that front.

The closer she got to the tree did Ikuyo realize that Tsubaki wasn’t anywhere to be found near in, what looked to be her spot where the indented grass lay was empty. Glancing to either side to her she noticed the dogs that she originally phased out from her mind were acting completely normal… for a time. The looks of one, small chihuahua, are what gave away the illusion to her. Their playful movements are completely natural right up until they repeated themselves again like a bad VHS tape. Having no idea just how long she had been in the illusion already Ikuyo used the clarity of mind she had learned to utilize from Tsubaki herself to reveal the false nature of her surroundings, and thankfully she had as the curtains were drawn aside just in time to show the crushing force of tornado like winds falling down on her.

Eyes wide as a doe’s in shock Ikuyo braced the muscles in her legs narrowly dodging to the side but getting the back of her clothes ripped apart in the process. Rising slowly, she torn the now loose hanging cloth from her body while moving to meet with her aggressor, her mentor Tsubaki. Seems like she just had one trial left. A cumulation of everything she had learned thus far, the only words that would exchanged here would only come at the end of it all of whether or not Ikuyo had passed. A calm settled over her mind and from her body there would come the inviable mist of chakra that she had practiced with Takemaru.

The breath came much easier to her now, with it she was able to feel he split of chakra from Tsubaki who had created a number of clones to all charge at her. Each of the copies all came sprinting at her at once, the fist two leaping to n** at feet while another two came at her from around the sides while the real version stayed back in preparation of something. Watching each of their movements carefully Ikuyo dodged the two below by leap frogging into the air and twisting her body and pushed off one of the dogs that had jumped into the air as well and hopped over onto the other side. The clones quickly changed positions of course as none of them would let Ikuyo get to the real one while she was defenseless.

This is what Ikuyo wanted however, moving her body in a such a way that the clones attacks would leave them forced into circling her. To them it looked like they had her cornered now and in their haste they went in for the kill al at once. Fully prepared for this Ikuyo clapped her hands together that brought to life her spiritual aura, exploding outwards like a wave of force the clone dogs were pushed back all at once before puffing into disappearance. Now all that leaves is the real one. Turning back Ikuyo found her teacher with eyes now glowing a deep white. Well that can’t be good. A shivering ruffled through her old doggy bones and Ikuyo could feel the monstrous chakra emanating from them, all of that power was released into a beastly howl. So dense was it’s power that clouds of pitch black crowded overhead. If the sudden drop in atmospheric pressure wasn’t an indication of an attack then Ikuyo didn’t know what was, not having much time the girl brought her hands together in a powerful culmination of chakra of her own.

Roots, plants, and every other sorts of vegetation imaginable erupted from the ground and cloaked around her body. It didn’t stop at there however, no, these plants twisted themselves into a gargantuan statue of hardened bark. Ten thousand hands lined it’s back and every single one of them meet with the blast of white hot lightning that shot down from the sky. It was impossible to tell just how many of the arms were burned up, but there was always another ready to take it’s place. It was a battle of pure power vs power that Ikuyo had never felt before. The feeling of throwing everything that she had at everything someone else had in an awesome display of earth breaking abilities. She felt like she understood why those ninja could become so addicted to it. How Kanzaki must had laughed at her when she now so long ago told him that she was ready. But now she was.

The battle between the two must have gone on for ages but after the initial eruption it was clear that Ikuyo would win it. The clouds fury couldn’t be kept on forever and eventually the only thing that remained was the great wooden statue and the cracked earth from the weight of said statue being pressed into the ground. Shedding her second skin Ikuyo peeled off strips of the expended jutsu to fall over the plains and meld into the dirt. Like throwing fertilizer on a garden, her senju chakra brought to life again all of the grass that had been singed from Tsubaki’s attack. Meanwhile the elderly dog made her way over to her graduated student with a proudful stride. “I see you have taken the lessons we’ve taught you to heart.” “T'be sure. Words cannot express 'oy 'appy scon are you've taken me in.. 'tis loike oi clap de warrld in a whole new light! Oi jist 'ope dat scon are in time ter 'elp Kanzaki still.” “Hm. Yes well, if you would indulge an old dog for just a moment longer, it is customary for newly trained sages to meditate inside the bark of the old world tree here. I know you are egar to be off but I think that it might reveal insight that you could find useful in your journey.” Looking back to the lone oak tree Ikuyo could see a hold near it’s base. Was that where she expected me to go? I’ll barely fit in that thing it’s made for dogs… Still not wanting to deny one who had done so much for her the woodswoman reluctantly agreed.

Dropping to her hands and knees the girl squeezed passed the low hanging twigs and did her best to avoid disturbing the spiders that made the tree their home. The further down she went the less and less light made it through the entrance until at last she was shuffling through the dark. A shiver fell down her spine as her body reacted unconsciously being squeezed through a dark space. Ikuyo was certain that Tsubaki would never lead her astray though and thus continued on her trek. After a few more minutes of this her hand slpped through the mud causing Ikuyo to tumble down what must have been a sudden drop off hidden from her sight. Panicking the woodswoman grabbed at the sides of the slender tunnel but only managed to scrape her hands on the rough bark.

Now more frantic Ikuyo covered her head while her body tumbled down along a slide-like drop to protect her neck from being broken. It took only a moment to be able to collect herself and to make sure that she wasn’t hurt anywhere other than her pride. Why wouldn’t she tell me of something like that before hand? She might not have been hurt this time but that didn’t mean there wasn’t some possibility that she could have. Then again Ikuyo had finished her training and if she knew than maybe she never would have come down here and this was just her way of forcing that. No matter how she thought of it it left a sour taste in her mouth.

Well I might as well see what’s down here then. Exploring her surroundings Ikuyo found the area she had fallen in to be fairly small in size. Walls of thorns and roots made up the dome like room and the only thing of note was the pool of ivory colored water before her. Seeing as how all signs pointed towards the pond Ikuyo figured that was the best place to check. Kneeling beside it she studied it’s smooth surface, it’s was impossible to tell what exactly what might have been inside it from how murky it was but it’s hypotactic effect was clear. Ikuyo was completely within it’s swirling grasp, losing control of all her senses she slowly stuck a finger into the goo causing a chain reaction when she did. immediately the ivory color turned into a deep green color and from it echoed a sense every joyous emotion one could imagine. It was the essence of pure motherly nature.

This… pond wasn’t a pond at all, but rather a reflection of her soul. This was her soul! Ikuyo couldn’t help break out laughing at the revelation. She had gone so long being told by her tribe that she wasn’t good enough and that she could never be connected to mother earth but here was undeniable proof! Completely elated Ikuyo started digging her hands deep into the water as if she could thank it with a hug. Splashing every which way from the girls happy little splashes there came floating up to the surface, a little scarlet dot. It took the woodswoman a moment to notice it at first even with it sticking out like a sore thumb. Without really thinking about it Ikuyo poked it with her finger too happy to bother reflecting on it. The effect was instantaneous and violent. The green water bubbled away to reveal more of the deep red color below. Now realizing her mistake she yanked her hands from the pool and fell back on her butt, watching in horror as everything she ever wanted was flushed away from her grasp.

Whatever this red substance was, it’s aggressive nature couldn’t be sated. After it consumed the green chakra it bubbled up over the pool’s edge and spilled onto the dirt before solidifying into a portal. A being of black smoke slithered off it’s surface that then formed into what looked almost like a normal man were it not for the bone face and two spiraling devil horns protruding off of his head. His face lacked any sort of eyes but still ikuyo could tell that he was looking right back at her terrified self. Somehow the bones were able to curl into a smile and from his lips came what must have been the most milk curdling laugh she had ever heard. “Well… Well.. Well. I didn’t think you’d ever be the type to seek me out.” His voice was deep but cutting, every word spoken felt they carried enough wait to shatter her consciousness if he so choose.” Just what exactly was this? Ikuyo seriously doubted that the could muster such a trial. Was this the spirit of the tree? But how could nature produce a being with such a malevolent aura?

“J-jist who are ye?” throwing his head back again in laughter the spirit brought his muscled arms together in a crossed position. “Oh, so you don’t even know yet. Don’t tell me you’re still holding onto that ridiculous notion that you are meant to serve that weakling Evergreen?” “E..evergreen?” “Mother Earth.” The clarification snapped two and two together in her mind and immediately Ikuyo stepped to her feet. Bone demon or not she had long since been done with those who denied her connection to Mother Earth. “Jist 'owl wan one feckin second!” Responding to her anger, roots started to grow at her feet ready to strangle any who had displeased their mistress. “Scon are a duaghter av Mother Earth an' if oi were yer, oi wud shut yisser gob. Spirit or whatever yer are, de last people who denied me dat roi 'av long since been returned ter 'er.” “THEY HAVE BEEN RETURNED TO ME.” Whole body lighting a flame the spirit used the same red chakra he had to form his portal, into a gripping hand around Ikuyo. Yanking her now helpless form into his fist the spirit chocked the life out of her lungs. She struggled uselessly in his grasp but all the woodswoman as able to accomplish was a faster death, completely unable to free herself even with her newfound strength. Painfully slow, Ikuyo was chocked of every last breath until finally her eyes shut closed.

She awoke next in pure blackness as far as the eye could, or rather couldn’t, see. Her body aimlessly floating through the void. Was this really what death was like? To now drift endlessly through nothing with nothing but her own thoughts for all eternity? “Oh don’t be so dramatic.” The voice the demon from earlier snapped her from her depression. “I merely brought you to my domain by relieving you of that form Evergreen cursed you with.” Her mouth opened to speak but found herself unable to. In fact she found herself not even possessing a mouth, nor a body for that manner. “Like I said, I relieved you of that curse and brought you to where I can show you the truth.” What truth? It seemed to her that whoever this creature was he cold read her thoughts here and thus used it as a means to communicate. “Ahh a quick learner. You almost make me proud.” From the darkness the void enclosed further around her. It was impossible to see but the feeling was unmistakable. Like when you close your eyes but can feel the presence of another human nearby. “You see little Ikuyo. You don’t belong to Evergreen at all. You are in fact, my daughter.”

Letting the words sink in before he continued. “I, Jashin, Bringer of the End times, am the one who heard your call when you so desperately lay crying in that forest. Because of Evergreens children who refused you, and it was I who gave you the power to take revenge on those who would otherwise see you dead.” A weight felt like someone had punched Ikuyo right in the chest. None of this could be true right? There was no way.. She had always served Mother Earth so faithfully.. it was even why she had come to Korogashi. “You did not go there of her volition. I sent you there because I have need of you there.” While still sat in limbo, memories flooded into her mind. Memories from Jashin himself of her birth to prove it’s truth. It took Ikuyo a long time but the more she thought of it the more it had all made sense. Even the presence she had called on in that forest that day. It felt the same as one before her now. Why the clan had never accepted her? It was because they were right. She was never apart of the earth because she drew her blood from another. What did you mean, you had need of me?

She could feel his pleasure of her acceptance of the truth at last, his next words came out smoother than before. Like a Lawyer who had just bought a farm out from under a family. “This Evergreen you know of is a far cry from what the people on that earth know her as. She is a weak and merciless creature. She cares nothing about the people she has created and allows her own son burn and cause pain. She and I have been at war for eons.” But I thought you said you were the bringing of end times? And how could one who created the peace on earth do such a thing?

She could feel his pleasure of her acceptance of the truth at last, his next words came out smoother than before. Like a Lawyer who had just bought a farm out from under a family. “This Evergreen you know of is a far cry from what the people on that earth know her as. She is a weak and merciless creature. She cares nothing about the people she has created and allows her own son burn and cause pain. She and I have been at war for eons.” But I thought you said you were the bringing of end times? And how could one who created the peace of all nature on earth do such a thing? "Tell me, what were the forests of your home like?" Beautiful, lively. "And dangerous no? Full of mindless creatures that would sooner eat you as look at you. Evergreen is the same way, a beautiful beast, ready to devour her followers whenever it suits her. I abhor her actions and have since taken it upon myself to liberate the beings she has created only to enslave. Her and I have been at war for countless centuries now, and were it not for her pathetic banding with the other gods I long since would have destroyed her." Other gods? "Yes. Utu, Zelel, and Evergreen are those who stand before me." But what could I possibly do in a battle of gods? And why did you lead me to Korgashi? "These gods I mentioned have children of their own, and so I have created you to be their equal in battle. I brought you to Korgashi to because I desired you to learn from Kanzaki." You know of my master? "Of course. His friend Kya was once a devoted follower of mine before her death." Death? So, that is why he must have been so sad... But that still doesn't answer me about what you want me to do now? Am I to kill these other god-children? "In short, yes. The company you keep is set to make a very large change in the world, and indeed they already have. Your name will be known to all the world and soon they will come to find you." But what if I don't want to? I am thankful for my creation surely but what if I want to choose my own path?

The amorphous form shifted with laughter. "You will because it is in your nature. Do you remember what ran through when you destroyed your clan?" Ikuyo remained quiet. She wanted to disobey, to say that she felt nothing and that anything they had in common was imagination. But she knew better. She knew the feeling of ecstasy and a part of her craved so desperately to reunited with it. "I can give it to you again. Serve me my daughter and I promise to grant you every desire you could ever have." From the darkness there came a flow of scarlet chakra flowing into Ikuyo. The feeling was orgasmic and brought her quivering for more, to feel it overtake her completely. She could feel it even molding her body already, remaking her anew into someone even stronger than she could ever hope to be with her training up until this point. Greedily she attempted to consum what was given but suddenly found it retreating from her after only getting a taste. No! I... I accept. Please.. Jashin laughed again and like a waterfall it all came rushing back to her. It was as if she was drowning in all the right ways.

Thunder next filled her ears and after a white flashed cleared from her sight Ikuyo found herself laying on the ground next to the old oak tree, Tsubaki leaning over her worried. "Are you alright little? The tree spit you out as soon as you crawled in. I've never seen that before. The shock of being back on earth was still running through her bones, had it all been a dream? It had all felt so real. Looking down at her hand however Ikuyo could feel the power still twisting inside her. It had all been real of that much she was certain. "Oi'm gran'... 'tis jist, well oi wasn't expectin' dat." "The tree is meant to show your truest self. I hope that you take whatever it is you learned to heart." "...I did, an' tanks again. Oi don't tink oi ever cud 'av reached dis level withoyt yer. Oi tank yer." "Of course. You are welcome to stay here and continue your studies if you like as well." Ikuyo nodded. If there was anything the tree had taught her it was that there was so little about the world and herself that she didn't understand. She would need to meditate on this. Also to find Karou.  

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces