Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[Foxfur x Sootpelt] What if?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 pm
User Image

It was a day, nothing extraordinary about the day. Kinda cloudy and a little bit humid, but not hot... actually it was a bit chilly... today was a day. One that led cats to think about things that were too big for their paws to handle, let alone their minds. Foxfur was currently contemplating the small ant at his feet, what if... there were giants out there... that were so big they looked at cats like ants... and if cats were ants... what were ants to them? What then was smaller than an ant that they would not possibly see. He dropped his head to look closer at the ant. What if ants thought they were giants until they met a cat... living in their own world. He rolled on his back effectively smothering the poor ant just trying to go about his day. Belly to the clouds he sighed. What if.... His mind wandered. From thought to thought until he sat bolt upright. What if what he thought was right in the world... was actually wrong... what if he believed in the wrong things?! What if cats werent supposed to live in camps... what if it was wrong and they were supposed to live in the trees, but because he believed that they should live in camps... meant he couldnt see the other side of the story... He looked to the nearest tree sizing it up. No.... but... What if? He fell back down rolling over once more, he did his best thinking on his back. With his eyes closed he thought about all the things he took for granted. No one believed in the wrong thing... unless they did... which if they did... would they still believe in it... if they were shown it was wrong? Why were there two different beliefs... starclan and forestclan, wasnt one of them wrong? and if so... why didnt all the cats see they were wrong? here he went down thinking much too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 pm
User ImageSootpelt shivered at the chill that had settled around their home. Since the moment he had woken up he hadn't been able to shake it. He pawed his way out of the dens deciding that either a hunt or going for a jog may help him warm up a bit. It was better than being alone with his thoughts.

His new home. It still felt so weird and unfamiliar to him. Actually getting to be with Fawn and his kids without judgement or worry had been amazing, but deep down he still felt a sting of guilt. He'd not only taken a mate from another clan, but even turned his back to his old clan in the name of love. He'd walked away from his home and family. Shadowstar's words on afterlife still rang in his ears.

Of anyone, he'd never deserve it.

That alone made him sick to his stomach. He'd decided that if that's how it had to be then he'd live his best life now. He'd work hard to protect his new clan, love his family and Fawn to the best of his ability, and just make the most of it. It was all he could think to do.

As he walked he came upon a familiar sight. Ah, Foxfur. He paused, sitting back on his haunches for a moment to watch the other. He tried to keep from chuckling as it looked like the other was just rolling around on the ground. Sootpelt knew the male from their last clan and knew there was much more going on with the cat than it seemed.

“Hey Foxfur.” he finally called out, standing up with a flick of his tail and making his way to sit by the other “Looks like you got a lot on your mind. Whats going on?”

caffeinecraving

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:25 pm
With a jerk his head came up. "Sootpelt!" He nodded. "YEs...strangely thoughtful today... Well... Think about this.... What if... we are wrong... about,.... everything... can you be wrong... and still stand up for your beliefs? " He frowned and stood. "We have 2 sides... right? Starclan... and Forestclan... both believe they are right... but one of them is wrong... So... why would there be a side that is supporting what is wrong."

He paused to allow Sootpelt to think.

"Now.... take that same logic and apply it to any argument... A border dispute say... A Lightningclan is found beyond the line... We know that we are right to chase them off... however they think they are right to stand up to us...sure we think we know where the border is... but what if? What if we are wrong about the border... shouldnt we still defend it like we arent wrong... SO... what if the other side is just not sure where the border is?! What if they trespassed but didnt know it! So.... So...." He deflated and lied back down upside down. "I dont know...."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:44 pm
Sootpelt felt a pang at the male's words. What if both sides were wrong? He listened in silence, head slowly bobbing at the other's words. Wouldn't that just be his luck though? He sighed heavily, wondering how he could even share the internal struggle he was having.

"I grew up believing everything Starclan said to be true, but you can see how I messed that up." he tossed a grin at the other cat before looking away. He stared into the forest around them, lost in his thoughts. "I guess I have a question to your question. What does it matter what others believe in the end?"

"If you believe what you believe and you believe it to be true and you're working your hardest at it. Then what does it matter what the others believe? They'll never agree with you. Sure, some might when you tell them about whatcha believe, but in the end nothing changes. You and I work our hardest to support the clan, care for those we love, then when we go on into the afterlife..." he shrugged helplessly "We've seen there is one. We fought for it. There's an afterlife for both sides. So what if neither is wrong? What if 'right' is just that- protecting the things you believe without faltering?" he nodded. Yeah, he liked that.

"So maybe neither side is wrong, but its just what we're meant to do. What if its all just a test for the afterlife. We stay strong and do right by our beliefs and our clan. Then come out the other side better for it. So those border fights are just to see if we'd put our claws where our mouths are."

caffeinecraving
Tried to reword "put your money where your mouth is" XD hope it made sense haha!

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm
Foxfur blinked at the question back. "Because no one WANTS to be wrong. What if what you believe is the wrong thing... do you not want to live by what is right?"

Now that was something to think about. "What is right?" But two differing opinions both being right? How was it possible?

HE shook his head. "But if the goal is to get to the afterlife... then why are there separate afterlife.... ISnt the afterlife meant to be peace and infinite... "He looked scared a moment. "What if Starclan and Forestclan are just another version of the world and once we die we continue to fight... We saw them fight... So how could just doing what you are told actually be the right answer?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:30 pm
"What I mean is, if you believe it is right then how can it be wrong? Perhaps nothing is wrong, but everything is right. It'll all get us to the same place in the end. What about that?" Sootpelt stared off for a second, playing with the sudden thought for a moment. What if... "I'm not saying its true, just playing with the possibility of the idea. But I guess in the end what would be the purpose of fighting at all? Would it still be right to ignore our elders and kits and just gorge ourselves?" he stuck his tongue out at that idea. It at least felt wrong.

Sootpelt nodded, tapping his chin with his paw thoughtfully. "But it wasn't infinite. You saw the others... disappear." the thought made him shudder. "Or at least, maybe, that wasn't an afterlife but a life before it?" he looked sick for a moment. All the fighting in this life just to fight again?  

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:53 am
Foxfur blinked. "So if i decided to kill Fawnbriar.... No of course i wouldnt" He waved a paw before sootpelt would get too offended, "And believed it was right than it wasnt wrong?" He frowned though. Everything was right? That just couldnt be possible could it. So even if he was horrible... he would go to the same place as if he lived his life by the code?

"Perhaps... if fighting wasnt such a part of life... i could see there being a discrepancy... " He frowned. "I mean... with us all preparing for the fact that we may need to protect the clan... including elders and kits... The shouldnt the warriors be fed first?" Because with starving warriors, then everyone would be dead if they were attacked, not just the elders....

He nodded. "But was it not? Perhaps they come back? Like Jaggedstar and Hollowstep... how it took a bit but they were welcomed back?" Foxfur was with him though... because if that was true... then he would end up fighting cats he knew and cherished as clanmates and friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:53 pm
Sootpelt made a face at the other saying he didn’t like the analogy, but he understood where the other cat was coming from. He nodded at the other, telling him to continue with his thoughts. “I don’t like it either. I’m sure there are some cats out there who believe like that though…” his voice lowered to almost a whisper at that.

He listened in silence, tail slowly swaying behind him as his mind worked on the other’s words. “Do you think that rule is in place to keep Warriors from getting big heads during good catch times? Like, ‘we take care of you all we’re gonna get fat on all this food and give you the scraps’, kinda thing? Just to make sure respect is kept in place?” He just… he had to believe that some rules had been laid out and given its purpose by a good reason. He lifted his paw looking at it with empty eyes. It hurt his head as much as his heart to think about, “So perhaps if lean times come… it would be a different story?”

He drew in the dirt with a nail for a moment, sighing. “So if we had to find our 'right' not based on clan rules, what could it be based on?”  

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas