Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 葉║ 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓸𝓱𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓻𝓮 ↬ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀғ
🍃 || Intelligence Agency [ JUEI & EDA ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brooy
Crew

Omnipresent Cultist

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 pm
The figure really had thought their defenses would be enough to stop Coda long enough to figure out what had blinded them. However, it seemed that the mist only served as a mild deterrent to Coda. This was something made immediately known to the woman as a strike not only broke through her lightning armor, but landed on her as well. "Ow!" The woman shouted as the gut shot landed. A minor amount of blood would be spat out in the moment. Only a moment later was she thrown up into the air and slammed against the dirty. Unconscious. All was black for the woman and not just because of her being blind. No, she was completely and utterly knocked out from a mixture of the air being evacuated from her lungs and the pure force of the slam. With that the "VIP" was now captured and all of Coda's targets were either voluntarily or involuntarily incapacitated at the moment. The blindness that Coda felt would go away at the sound of a bell that seemed to come from the building. Several more bells would ring as the Fox appeared not far off in the distance as well as several other Anbu. The Anbu took off in several directions, cleaning up the area and taking back their comrades from the bats and Coda. It seemed some other of the shinobi were tasked with changing the lay out of the area for the next shinobi.

"Well well well." The fox spoke from under her mask, walking toward Coda with a clipboard in hand. It appeared she was still writing a few notes about the events that had occured. "Perhaps not a massive waste of time." The woman tapped close the pen she held before putting her hand at her waist again. "It was far from a perfect run by any standards of JUEI, but you get bonus points for your creativity with your Yozen techniques and clever usage of those bat tattoos. You were able to handle the VIP turning on you without hesitation." Her clipboard would come back up and a few more notes would be made. "You pass. From now, you are a member of JUEI. Everything about you will be erased. You are no longer a person. You are JUEI." The woman produced a mouse shaped mask. "You can change the mask however you want it shaped. It is your new identity within JUEI. If anyone is to ever know who you are and your association with JUEI, you will be barred from JUEI and will likely be killed. Your training starts tomorrow. Use the day to shed your previous life. Additionally, while you were in your test I received a message about you from the Hokage. It seems your other exploits have garnered her attention. On behalf the Hokage, you are to be known as a Konin going forward. Congratulations. Now get off my testing site so I can get the rest of these recruits out of my sight." The fox would say to Coda before turning around and disappearing to go take care of other matters.

Rewards:
- 2 end game rewards (barring third class as usual)
- Ocular Rinse: This PA allows Coda to reduce blindness by a single tier whenever it is applied with a minimum of 1 ever being applied. I.e. If she is hit with Tier 4 blindness it is reduced down to Tier 3. This is a PA granted for passing the JUEI entrance exam.

Rocket Punches

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:31 pm
The operative leads Shikari and Nimure far away. Far, far away from the twelve-story administration hub and bypassing the obscure location of the Intelligence headquarters. Their destination was the exterior of a gated enclosure defined by tall, chain-length fence. Wire lining the top to impose an authentic low-key menacing look and retouched metal plaques fastened to the fence that informed readers that the perimeter enclosed was reserved for special purposes. A forested area but nothing as exceptionally terrifying as one infamous enclosed forest of old Leaf legends.
“In a few minutes we’ll be off. In the event you’re required to work in tandem with EDA operatives. In such situations you might need you to be the eyes of an operation or devise a plan of action. On the other hand, you might file into a situation where JUEI agents are dispatched first and have the responsibility of identifying as much information about the targets as possible before EDA can catch up. Your orders might narrow down into subduing, capturing, or eliminating the target.”

Maki extended her arm for all to behold an impossibly small field mouse with a bell about her neck and a silky green ribbon. “This is Mari.” An ordinarily small field mouse, really. But the remarkable extent the operative was going to introduce a rodent (of 8 inches long) might be material making an uneasy test.
Through a mask it wasn't easy to capitalize on her pride.
“Your enemies can capitalize on unexpected means to move information across borders. Granted that this be a more extreme method…"
The mouse toddled around on its hind feet in the woman's palm to take in the view. The summoned critter paused and finally turned to Nimure and Shikari and squealed happily, "forwest!"

“And today," the operative chimed back in, "little Mari will fulfill the role of a thief carrying information.”
The mouse flexed only some of her rodent acrobatics as she climbed onto the top of the operative’s hand with the woman’s movements to collect one impossibly small harness from a pocket in her vestments. The mouse scurried up and down about Maki’s arm before launching into the harness and braving the dive to the ground.
“In actual circumstances you would be required to capture- if not kill- the actual thief but I only want what Mari is transporting.”
In its full, miniscule glory the field mouse bell's jingles through the motions of waiting and watching as a brightly colored scroll was slid into the back of the harness.
“Make use of your skills to capture or incapacitate but killing my mice are off the table today. Her destination is the pond east-north-east of this location that matches up with one of the exits to this forest." Mari zipped off. Her bell chiming amidst her dusty plow forward into the forest. Mari the little field mouse was no ordinary bite-sized pest. Her immediate path? North-west through leafy clutter. Maki, who was left behind in the rodent’s dust cloud, unlatched the gate for the contending chunin at the ready.

The enclosed forest was Shikari and Nimure’s to delve into.

(ooc: I will provide a map shortly. It is divided up by a grid system with a layout of the forest. It's not a BIG forest because limiting myself to a detailed forest is not a great idea! Hahah)

LovelyMintKisses

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱I shoved my gloved hands into the pockets of my jacket. I glanced around with sharp eyes at the fences and other unsettling elements of the locale. Eventually, we came to a stop in the forested area. I listened to her instructions and I could only hope that this examination would not be too combat heavy. After all, if I was just fighting my way through hordes of enemies constantly then I was doing a poor job as a stealth operative. However, my right brow arched when I saw the small mouse appear. What could this possibly entail? Catch a mouse? Probably easier said than done. I had the sneaking suspicion that this mouse was going to give me a hard time. Nonetheless, I would not allow some rodent to stand between me and my dreams of serving in the JUEI. I just nodded quietly at the instructions and when the mouse dashed northwest into the brush, I would follow suit. My arms were behind my back as I began running after the mouse through the forest. Maki was already out of my sight given her insane speed. A dozen or so Kikaichu would leave my skin before I telepathically commanded them to spread out to every corner of the forest. I wanted the eyes of my swarm everywhere to find out where the mouse disappeared to as I continued running through the massive forest heading northwest.

Enter.

×TITLE: Genin】▰【RANK: C】▰【STRENGTH: 00】▰【SPEED: 03】▰【AGILITY: 01】▰【ENDURANCE: 00】▰【CHAKRA: 555 || 555】▰【STAMINA: 555 || 555】▰【INSECTS: 650 || 650

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
First Class: Medical
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
Second Class: Taijutsu
▱▰▱ Brawler → Your taijutsu is just one side of your skill, as you are also versed in utilizing ninjutsu as well. Your Speed and Agility are enhanced by [+1] and you gain an additional [4] ninjutsu slots per rank. Once every other post all three of your actions in a post can be used for offensive taijutsu. Additionally, the user gains a keystone technique and two additional custom slots for taijutsu. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
► Signature Style: Harmonic Death Arts
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

Hurrak

LovelyMintKisses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Following the masked shinobi Shikarie found herself outside the gates an exclosure. As the trio stood outside of the gate Maki went into explaining the roles of what they could encounter on missions and working with EDA. Shikarie stood there silently with her hands in the pocket of her jacket. Her face looked as if she was bored out of her mind, but yet she was listening to every word. Maki explained what it was that she was expecting of the two who would be taking the test. As the explaination was being given Shikarie stood there watching the mouse move around its handler.'I wonder... is it an ordinary mouse or ninja mouse?' Her question would soon be answered as the mouse squeaked "Forwest!"Well....s**t. There's my answer" She complained internally. Capturing a small nimble creature wasn't going to be hard enough, but one that was accustomed to shinobi, forget it. This was going to be much more difficult. Her sepia eyes shifted slowly to the boy who stood next to her to see how he was reacting, only to have her eyes shift back towards Maki. The mouse's destination was Noth-North-East but once the mouse took off it went North-West. This was odd, why do that when she just heard what direction she should be going. Shikarie followed suit and running behind the boy she was with. The moment she saw bugs leaving his skin she smirked.Well, that will make things a whole lot easier.The two of them were perfect for this task considering theirs from the Abruame and Nara clan. One that is highly capable of effectively and efficiently finding targets, while the other specializes in capturing.Raising her voice slightly she spoke directly to the boy. "You know....This is going to be quite the pairing. Pretty much ideal really. She said and waited to see how he would respond. Shikraie wasn't sure how he planned on executing the mission so she wanted to plant a seed and see if it sprouted.

[ :3 ]

--CHAKRA---- 1,340/ 1,340----STAMINA---- 1,115/ 1,115----STRENGTH----2.80----SPEED----2.50----RANK----Chunnin----BODY RANK----S----VILLAGE----Konoha----PROFILE----PROFILE

----------OFFENSE PHASE----
________Rank ?__ NAME OF TECHNIQUE HERE

----------MIDPHASE----
________ACTION OR ENHANCEMENT HERE
________ACTION OR ENHANCEMENT HERE

----------DEFENSE PHASE----

----------JUTSU ACTIVE----
________Rank ?__ NAME OF TECHNIQUE STILL ACTIVE HERE
________Rank ?__ NAME OF TECHNIQUE STILL ACTIVE HERE

Hurrak

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Quote:

Quote:

LovelyMintKisses

Angelic Mage

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱Last month I received my promotion to chuunin and joined the JUEI. It was every bit the rigorous training experience that I had expected for years. I had no time to rest on the laurels of my years of intensive dedication to get to this point. Everyone in my training unit was just as talented and experienced as me. It made it hard to stand out and distinguish myself from the rest. I was usually one of the more hardworking students in the academy. I was also an exceptionally productive genin. But JUEI initiate training was a different matter entirely. On the bright side, I would be able to go on my first round of missions soon. I walked into the training room and prepared myself to master the Harmonic Death Arts. My combination of poison and taijutsu techniques was one thing that would allow me to stand out. Those skills being further augmented by my insects and the mahofu miasma would yield deadly effects. My goal was ultimately to join the assassination unit after all. I would have to put in triple the work that was even beyond my limits to become powerful enough to distinguish myself from the others.

▱▰▱When I stepped into the training area, I went to a private room as the electronic double doors closed behind me. I adjusted my usual mask slightly before slowly placing goggles on top. I was already dressed in my JUEI uniform, the missing piece was the goggles that matched my mask and covered my eyes, obscuring my face entirely. Every time I put on my full mask, I felt like a true JUEI agent. I held out my hands to stretch before retrieving poison jars from my bag. I also unraveled the Harmonic Death Arts training scroll to reread the contents within. This was the most intensive taijutsu training that I could conceive of aside from the eight gates. I had no use for something as noisy as the eight gates regardless. I was determined to master this martial art of the scorpion. A few days earlier, I had received surgical augmentations within JUEI headquarters that would allow me to test the limits and master the Form of the Serpent. I stared down at my arms before walking into the center of the room.

▱▰▱I felt my arms beginning to wiggle and contort as I practiced the various forms. It was an odd sight and sensation as my arms began to flow as if they were boneless. Kikaichu began to pour out of my body as I threw each punch outward. I began to wallop the training figures with strikes that were far more flexible than I was used to. I needed to gain precision. As I practiced the strikes with increasing focus and dedication, I imagined myself at the end of my training. The Harmonic Death Arts would allow me to become an expert assassin. After having mastered this art, it is interesting to reminisce with pride about just how much training it took to get to this point. In no time, I was able to twist my arms perfectly, having mastered the form of the serpent.

▱▰▱I stepped away from the training targets and began ingesting poison in small increments. I increasingly felt the poison enter my body. My hands began to shake and my vision blurred. I stepped back into the center of the room as I clasped my palms together. I began sweating profusely as I inhaled deeply and exhaled. I needed to exert control over this toxin. Every part of my body wanted me to collapse but I needed to stay focused on my goal. I ran to the targets and began administering paralytic poison through my skin. My eyes widened as I felt myself begin to control the poison using the pores of my skin. Hold it together. I fought the urge to vomit with every fiber of my being. I needed to just hold on and get through this. I would not allow myself to collapse and have to be taken to the hospital by Kiku again. It is rather interesting that I found this to be such a humiliation at the time. The thought of literally poisoning myself for my village was a kind of dedication that even I did not know that I had. I felt the poison being able to be controlled. I could feel it settling into my veins as my vision started to return to me. I felt that the techniques I had learned in the scroll were allowing me to wrest control over the poison rather than allowing it to consume me. If there was no risk then there would be no reward, after all. I was beginning to turn the tide.

▱▰▱I could feel the speed of my movements increasing as I gained control over the poison intoxicating my body. I could feel my arms beginning to deliver paralytic strikes to deadly effect. The poison was enjoining with my body through a perfect symbiosis. It was like conjoining with my insects as a child all over again. I just had to accept the foreign agents and allow them to become a part of me. I started furiously striking the targets with my extended hand. Poison splashed from my fingertips onto the targets. I felt myself indulging in my training once I got the hang of the poison. I no longer felt any poison symptoms based on my combination of breathing and muscle exercises. The poison was completely subdued by my system as I gained immunity to it and control over it.

▱▰▱

Harmonic Death Arts Trainings:
Form of the Serpent | Rank C | Training
Paralytic Training | Rank B | Simple

×TITLE: Chunin】▰【RANK: A】▰【STRENGTH: 02】▰【SPEED: 08】▰【AGILITY: 08】▰【ENDURANCE: 00】▰【CHAKRA: 1,475 || 1,475】▰【STAMINA: 1,275 || 1,275】▰【INSECTS: 1,250 || 1,250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
▱▰▱ Brawler → Your taijutsu is just one side of your skill, as you are also versed in utilizing ninjutsu as well. Your Speed and Agility are enhanced by [+1] and you gain an additional [4] ninjutsu slots per rank. Once every other post all three of your actions in a post can be used for offensive taijutsu. Additionally, the user gains a keystone technique and two additional custom slots for taijutsu. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱Once my training was completed, I sat down and took some time to recuperate. My rest time was cut short, however, when I was called out of the training room to begin my missions. Unfortunately, they were not field missions. I needed to do what amounted to a pile of paperwork before they would trust me with a true secret ops mission. I began by sitting at a metal desk and working through some documents. I submitted a form indicating that I had mastered Harmonic Death Arts and requested access to my clan's rinkaichu. My father, Chimure, was a master of the rinkaichu himself. I wanted to follow in his footsteps and master the toxic nano insects to be the ultimate asset to JUEI. While my father had mastered the rinkaichu, I hoped to surpass him by combining the rinkaichu with Mahofu, my own toxins, and Harmonic Death Arts. It was my determination that I would be able to destroy an assassination target with a single touch.

▱▰▱I then proceeded with processing and redacting dossiers for JUEI's internal records. There were numerous steps for the security protocols for the documents. As I did that for a few hours I learned more details about my first field mission. After successfully completing the one month of boot camp and intensive training I was prepared to do some field work. For now I was pending approval on being able to use the rinkaichu. For my first mission I would likely be given access to a dose of rinkaichu for a test run. Not enough to grow a full swarm but enough of a dose to use it for one mission, train with it, and test to see if I could handle the dangerous symbiote.

▱▰▱Once I finished filing the top-secret dossiers, I was called into the surgery room. A small amount of the rinkaichu was injected into my arm by an Aburame agent. This was a test run and far less refined than the official ceremony for giving a trusted Aburame the rinkaichu. If they find out about what's really going on in my brain then I'll never be given the rinkaichu. I felt a deep-seeded sense of worry. I could feel myself shaking a little bit as I felt the temporary nano bugs being injected into me. Soon enough, I was dispatched for my first assassination target.

Exit.

×TITLE: Chunin】▰【RANK: A】▰【STRENGTH: 02】▰【SPEED: 08】▰【AGILITY: 08】▰【ENDURANCE: 00】▰【CHAKRA: 1,475 || 1,475】▰【STAMINA: 1,275 || 1,275】▰【INSECTS: 1,250 || 1,250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:03 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

Coda entered the room as the Leaf Village Konin, a liaison and advisor to JUEI and EDA, not as Oinin Taicho. She found her mask a hindrance in cases like these; coercion came easier with a human face and it was better if her professional persona limited contact to reduce the chance of exposure. Aside from the smattering of piercings - a pair of black crosses dangling from gauges, snakebites on her bottom lip, and seemingly impossible solid septum ring - Coda looked the part of any official.

A high collared jacket with dark metal accents tucked up neatly to her jaw line, fitting impeccably with the crimson jeweled choker she wore. A sleek top underneath flowed into slightly more military looking pants and a pair of deceptively functional calf high boots that hugged her legs. She placed the papers she carried on the near side of the room’s table and stepped to stand behind the chair opposite the chamber’s only occupant.

“I apologize for the accommodations, my name is Coda, Konin of Leaf Village. I’m here on behalf of the Oinin Taicho of Konohagakure.” Faux apologia, and a twist of the truth, delivered blunt and to the point via her trademark rasp; perfectly at home in a room where the walls seemed to swallow the typical resonance of a voice. Fingers adorned with short, black nails slipped under the first, and largest file folder, shifting it to a place of prominence in front of her chair. “I’m sure you’re at least somewhat acquainted with how busy things have been around the village since the Kage Summit, considering your position.”

As usual, Coda’s words were carefully chosen. A suggestion that Kai draw his own conclusions, while knowing them ahead of time. She waited for his response before sitting or moving on. She was fairly confident in her assessment of where this encounter would lead, but part of being good at her job was dangling people on a thread and seeing if they found a way to hang themselves with it.

◄ S+ Rank || Konohagakure || Konin ►
Chakra: 3280/3280 || Stamina: 3380/3380
Nature Chakra: 500/500

Stats
┌───────────────────────────────────────┐
+6 Strength || +6 Speed || +4 Agility || +0 Endurance
└───────────────────────────────────────┘

Summons Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Modes and Buffs Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Activations Used

Activation 1
Rank

Activation 2
Rank

Activation 3
Rank

Non-Activation Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Summon Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Active Modifiers

[ Flowing Arts Training | Available | Cooldown 0/2 ]
Any attack that follows a dodge or evasive technique is treated as a counterattack, and the user's total bonus to agility can be attributed to the strength of the next attack. When this ability is performed it cannot be used the following post.

[ Flowing Arts Training | Available | Cooldown 0/3 ]
Once every [3] posts, the user may utilize an offensive technique that targets a specific part of the target's body that would disrupt their attack. This offensive attack deals damage regularly but allows the user to use their remaining activations as offensive as well.

[ Kyotoryuu Training | Available | Duration 0/2 | Cooldown 0/3 ]
The Kyotouryuu practitioner can now react to an opponent by converting their speed into an agility boost for [2] posts with a [3] post cooldown. This requires no activation or resource cost.

Passive Modifiers

[ Yozen ]
Fuuinjutsu techniques require [10] less chakra per body rank of the Yozen clansman (maximum of 60 at S+) without losing their potency.

[ Mach Style Training ]
Make taijutsu complex, and "punch" ninjutsu orbs as projectiles.
When in the shooter stance, the strength and speed of strikes is increased by [2] points instead of [1] point per rank.

[ Channeling Martial Skill Training ]
Ability for techniques to carry two elemental properties. Ability to add bloodline elements.

[ Kaiser Fist Training ]
The armor now emits a crackling, bright, white hot chakra that appears like a thin aura around the user. The chakra causes mild burns on contact. In addition, the user gains a [1] point increase to strength and speed per rank of the armor.
-------
Kaiser Armor allows the user to regenerate 10 stamina per rank of chakra applied to each technique while the armor is active. The user may not generate more stamina than their reserves may hold.
-------
The Kaiser Armor now causes searing burns upon contact that blister due to the crackling chakra. The user's strength and speed are increased by [1] point per rank of the armor. Taijutsu and bukijutsu techniques used while the armor is active create shock waves [5] feet in the direction of the attack per rank of the technique.

[ Mirror Image Arts Training ]
The user may cast the Shadow Clone technique in conjunction with techniques from this style to replace mirror images with the clones. Casting Shadow Clones in this manner does not consume an activation.
-------
The user has learned to control their chakra in a fine manner which allows them to create an additional mirror image per rank of the technique it is executed with. These additional images do not increase the strength of the parent technique.

Combat Inventory

ghostfinch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:34 pm
                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      The Chief of Police cap didn't fit properly on Kai's head, but he took liberties with it for a stylistic flair anyways. He sat at his desk with the hat on backwards and himself bent over scribbling when he shot upright at Coda's entry. He looked at her straight on, hoping she wouldn't see his chicken scratch notes trying to find words that rhymed with orange for his next rap.

"Verybusy," he quickly answered with wide, deer-in-headlights eyes. He nodded emphatically in his silence, trying to buy himself time to come up with some elaboration. He had been hospitalized for nearly all of the month since the summit after Yatagarasu got in his head. Then, he'd gone on an auction mission handpicked by the Hokage. He had barely been in his desk since getting the job, and everyone he confided in made it clear he was more of a figurehead than an agent of action. He was supposed to look busy to keep the citizens of Konoha feeling safe.

"Uh, yeah, yaknow, very busy. How, uh, how have you been? How's Oinin Taicho?"

Rocket Punches

ghostfinch

Seeker

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:48 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

[Sorry ahead of time, future posts should be less dialogue dense than this one.]

“This one is as inane as your first kage’s kid sister. The blonde child. Surely, he is not the mastermind of anything.” Gyuki’s voice slipped into the back of Coda’s head as the oxtopus surfaced to take a gander at its host’s current predicament. “You know the rat girl’s dangerous, and she runs - or ran, I guess - around with this kid so there’s got to be something more to him. What does it matter anyways? The village wants me working in a box, focusing on some drug trade nonsense like there aren’t people that need holes put in them. This isn’t hunting, it’s a game of fetch.” The woman’s internal dialogue with her biju was accompanied outwardly by a deep breath as she took her seat.

“You’ve been questioning your own decision to join the villages since Uzushiogakure fell. Why do you persist?” He was running a tentacle over her brain, searching for a crack to turn into a fissure as usual. She’d become accustomed to his presence, and even welcomed it when he stayed focused on the same thing she was, but the beast needed stimulation or he turned to rather unsubtle attempts to persuade her to self sabotage. “Positioning. Besides, what would I do outside the village except hunt these same idiots but with less access to the important ones? I’d sooner have the bats drain those jashinist freaks dry than join them, and you can forget falling in with melodramatic acronym squad. Think I’d rather summon the reaper and put an end to both of us.”

The retort seemed to satisfy the beast as Coda flipped open the file. “I’ll forgive you asking for information about a leader of the village’s covert operations and skip straight to the elephant.” She said, turning her attention wholly to Kai. “Your absence since the kage summit raises significant questions regardless of your alibi. However…” The woman began her statement, pausing in the middle of it to lay some pictures of the devastation wrought on the bazaar out on the table, “I’m much more interested in the attack on your squad than your personal whereabouts. They almost destroyed the entire bazaar, and the attack seemed to come without prior warning. Village security has been lax since Lahlil’s departure, but this would be the first time a hostile force evaded detection entirely.”

She gave Kai a moment to go over the images, taking the opportunity to find out if his eyes could get even bigger. The goal of this wasn’t actually to solve the question of what happened at the bazaar. She had her suspicions with how everything lined up and Occam’s Razor was generally good enough for her. Instead she wished to see if he’d behave like she expected he would when the topic was simply brought up. “One of your squad was quite seriously injured. Sumika, yes? The little blonde woman who summons rats. Did she end up losing the arm? I haven't checked in since the immediate aftermath. Strikes me as more than a little odd, since she certainly doesn’t lack in skill despite all her attempts to present herself otherwise. It would seem the new host of the Kyubi had a hard time as well. Also strange, considering she accompanied the Hokage as a personal guard at the Summit. Curiously though, none of them would talk when asked after the fact.”

“I can’t blame them, normally when the Oinin get involved in internal affairs like this it’s not fun for anyone. The mask that protects them from retaliation is equally good at rendering them alien to the rest of the village.” Coda remarked, her raspy growl of a voice now decidedly more casual in tone, threading her hands together and settling them just at her chin as she watched Kai intently. “That said, the Hokage has elevated investigations of suspicious events and persons to me as part of a corruption task force, with the Oinin division acting as field support, so I must make due regardless. Since investigation of an event like this would typically start with the police, and they are far better equipped to carry it out inside the village, I was hoping you could provide some insight into what you think about this incident.” How would the green around the gills grand cop respond to her veering tone, she wondered?

Stats

Summons Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Modes and Buffs Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Activations Used

Activation 1
Rank

Activation 2
Rank

Activation 3
Rank

ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Summon Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Active Modifiers

Any attack that follows a dodge or evasive technique is treated as a counterattack, and the user's total bonus to agility can be attributed to the strength of the next attack. When this ability is performed it cannot be used the following post.

Once every [3] posts, the user may utilize an offensive technique that targets a specific part of the target's body that would disrupt their attack. This offensive attack deals damage regularly but allows the user to use their remaining activations as offensive as well.

The Kyotouryuu practitioner can now react to an opponent by converting their speed into an agility boost for [2] posts with a [3] post cooldown. This requires no activation or resource cost.

Passive Modifiers

[ Yozen ]
Fuuinjutsu techniques require [10] less chakra per body rank of the Yozen clansman (maximum of 60 at S+) without losing their potency.

[ Mach Style Training ]
When in the shooter stance, the strength and speed of strikes is increased by [2] points instead of [1] point per rank.

Ability for techniques to carry two elemental properties. Ability to add bloodline elements.

[ Kaiser Fist Training ]
The armor now emits a crackling, bright, white hot chakra that appears like a thin aura around the user. The chakra causes mild burns on contact. In addition, the user gains a [1] point increase to strength and speed per rank of the armor.
-------
Kaiser Armor allows the user to regenerate 10 stamina per rank of chakra applied to each technique while the armor is active. The user may not generate more stamina than their reserves may hold.
-------
The Kaiser Armor now causes searing burns upon contact that blister due to the crackling chakra. The user's strength and speed are increased by [1] point per rank of the armor. Taijutsu and bukijutsu techniques used while the armor is active create shock waves [5] feet in the direction of the attack per rank of the technique.

The user may cast the Shadow Clone technique in conjunction with techniques from this style to replace mirror images with the clones. Casting Shadow Clones in this manner does not consume an activation.
-------
The user has learned to control their chakra in a fine manner which allows them to create an additional mirror image per rank of the technique it is executed with. These additional images do not increase the strength of the parent technique.

Combat Inventory

hostfinch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:28 pm
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      Kai laughed nervously as she mentioned his asking for information about the Oinin Taicho. Okay, apparently that was a faux pas; they were allegedly equivalent in position in the village, but perhaps he wasn't allowed to be friendly with them in any degree. He hadn't really read through all of his briefings on his job now, especially given the crunch time of his recovery and his mission. But he lived as a performer inside and outside of his military career, so he wasn't going to fail to live up to it now.

Except... his anxious and overcompensating demeanor fell into something grim at the mention of Sumika. He thought of Miki, too. He hurt them, and he knew the Crows put Himitsu under undue duress, too. He was holding his breath until she mentioned corruption -- that was completely new to him. Corruption? If Lady Hokage suspected it, that could be why he was so quickly promoted to Chief. He hadn't shown any special affinity for police work, but he had demonstrated trustworthiness throughout his entire shinobi career, save for the... one recent blip.

Long story short, he couldn't school his expression fast enough to hide the surprise at her mention of a corruption task force. He leaned forward. "Lady Hokage has not made any of these concerns known to me. What does she think is happening in this PD?" His tone was defensive, but he remembered himself and leaned back into his seat, forcibly lowering his shoulders and evening out his breath. "The attack on the Bazaar did not originate from an officer." He spoke it certainly - for it wasn't a lie, as The Poisoner was not Kai - but recalled too late that that wasn't information he should be privy to if he wanted to keep The Event out of the knowledge of the Hokage and everyone else in the village.

"My officers wouldn't act like that," he said instead, trying to backtrack his certainty from earlier into a pride for the police department he hadn't gotten acquainted with. "I can put my best on the case, but I don't need any masks around to make it happen. Shouldn't you all be more interested in external threats while we handle suspects wearing the 'band?" He gestured to the headband around his neck, but he didn't think his meaning would be lost regardless. He didn't know how to play things with this woman, though, and it made him feel off-rhythm.

Rocket Punches
                      [ nah i'm in love with coda don't sweat any dialogue/gyuki internal stuff ]

ghostfinch

Seeker

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:05 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

“HA! Seems you were correct, child, there is more to this Uchiha than meets the eye.” A corner of Coda’s mouth shifted almost imperceptibly upwards at Kai’s response, and she sat back as he questioned the Oinin’s involvement in internal affairs and otherwise tripped over himself. Not quite the slip up she expected, but he ultimately confirmed the role she suspected - or at least close enough to it. One side of the woman’s mouth pursed as she considered her response momentarily, a subtle movement of her jaw flipping the piercing in her lower lip side to side a few times.

“I agree, at least about how this case should be handled. It only fell into my lap as part of this corruption inquiry because of how strange it was. I chose the EDA because the Oinin are bound by pain of death to maintain anonymity - insuring those who wish to retaliate have as few tools as possible.” She tucked an elbow into one hand, gesturing as she spoke with the other. “I’ll readily admit they’re not the right tool for something this hands on though, it was simply a matter of practicality in the absence of a guiding force at the head of the police department. I don’t know your officers, it would have been foolish to hand over a case we flagged as sensitive without your input. As to why a corruption investigation wasn’t shared openly, I think that’s self-explanatory.” Coda said calmly, moving to place the pictures back into the file, inviting Kai to consider the repercussions of sharing an investigation with people you might be investigating and what her sharing its existence meant for him at the moment.

“A friendly suggestion, if I may: my presence is a courtesy, so I would hesitate before bringing up the topic of jurisdiction again if I were you. It would be beneficial if the Oinin simply remained my eyes and ears. Any further involvement on their part is likely to turn into an inquisition.” It was a cool threat, but one that was meant. From the perspective of Kai, it was intended as a warning that making this conversation contentious over petty bureaucratic lines in the sand would also make the entire corruption investigation far more of a pain in the a**. It mattered little to Coda whether she came out of this with a sterling reputation. No one liked the Oinin, and she was Oinin Taicho because that hardly bothered her. However, squabbling over roles would simply slow her down, perhaps the one result of this interaction she was eager to avoid. That said, if Kai wanted to be subjected to something more intense for no reason, he was welcome to invite it. She'd gladly put him in front of an entire council of Oinin, even if she had to create each of them herself.

“As for who committed the attack, I simply need to determine if they’re of interest to my investigation. This particular case is obviously a bad fit for the Oinin, and I’d like to waste as little time as possible. I welcome you taking it off my hands as long as you report your findings back to me. I’m sure you’re eager to help your squad anyways.” The sound of the folder sliding across the table to Kai accompanied her statement of intent as Coda seeded the rest of their conversation with a gift. A dodged bullet from a gun that was only ever loaded with blanks; plus a deft reversal of his deployment of honor to deflect, demanding he return a result and prove his own. A successful start, from her perspective.

“I have another couple cases I’d like to talk over with you, but I understand if you have things you want to clear up before we continue.” Coda said, moving one of the other two folders in front of herself, but leaving it closed as she threw Kai a lifeline.

Stats

Summons Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Modes and Buffs Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Activations Used

Activation 1
Rank

Activation 2
Rank

Activation 3
Rank

ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Summon Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Active Modifiers

Passive Modifiers

[ Yozen ]

[ Mach Style Training ]

[ Kaiser Fist Training ]
-------
-------

-------

Combat Inventory

ghostfinch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:38 pm
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      Kai held his breath as she established how readily ******** he was if he did anything other than play ball. However, she extended an unexpected opportunity. He could see his way out of this, or at the very least, buy himself time, if he took on the mission himself. "I'lltaketheinvestigationoffyourhands." Was that too eager? She had generously handed him some cue cards, but he felt he was reading them wrong. He was trying to do better and be in more control of himself, so that he could never do what... well, not what he'd done, he knew that, but what people thought he'd done. What his squad had thought. What the law would think, if they knew.

He took a breath to find himself. Then, he spoke more confidently, more appropriately for a chief. "What other cases have they handed to you?" His intrigue was genuine, at least. He hadn't done any detective work as an up-and-coming police officer, just the ring with the kemono shinzo folk. He had mentioned the missing dog man to his fellow officers, but no one had seen a fugitive by the description of the guy who had gotten away.

"I - how will I get in contact with you about what I find? I don't even know who to ask for." He broke into a smile at that, hoping the two of them could be allies on these cases instead of two people throwing bureaucratic processes at each other. Though, he would still have to keep her at an arm's length, at least as long as the Bazaar case hung over their heads.

Rocket Punches

ghostfinch

Seeker

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:17 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

Coda had to resist the temptation to bury her face in her hand at the kid’s response, but at least he didn’t immediately make her want to put an end to him like a fair portion of the rest of the village. He could have chosen a better line of work, but that was a bit too much of the pot calling the kettle black for her to actually let out of her own mouth.

“I lend my bats to the Oinin to help with my liaison role; I could leave a similar seal with you but any message to JUEI headquarters addressed to Task Force Five should make it to me relatively quickly. Just don’t try to send anything important like that.” She wondered if Kai had any idea what he was sticking his nose into, any perception at all of her beyond the vague impression formed in this room, or even the slightest inkling how many people bowed out of the Oinin program when confronted with the realities of the job during orientation. He certainly didn’t have the faintest idea how far she was interested in taking things, no one did.

“On to business then. The Hokage has directed me to investigate drug trade from outside in, with the goal of finding connections to organized crime from outside Leaf Village and the Land of Fire. I think we should be focusing elsewhere, but that’s the task as it stands.” Coda said, finally opening the second file and passing Kai a stack of reports.

Though relatively dry, the reports detailed surveillance of a guard squad tasked with moving their patrols beyond the confines of the village recently in light of the Jashinist attacks. At first they seemed scattered, full of random information about the oversized group of glorified patrolmen; however, as a pattern emerged over time the reports became more focused and sparse until they focused on one man. Specifically making note of a set of erratic, outwardly random actions: a handful of lost kunai, a discarded pack of cigarettes, a hip pouch snagged on a tree and left behind without notice, and so forth and so on.

“Nobuo Shimura. Guard Squad 3 Genin. His squad leader uses a class system to organize larger guard squads for patrol with more of our higher ranking shinobi deployed in the field. Shimura is second class, basically means he’s not a point of communication in the squad. On the surface nothing special; no reputation for slacking off or doing a bad job on his assignment. At a glance the man’s most noteworthy trait is that he occasionally tosses a wrapper like a dickhead and needs to secure his ninja tools better.” Her information was precise, and clearly memorized, though she produced a dossier page for the man in question that included the details you might find in a bingo book in addition to background information for Kai to reference - setting it neatly off to the side.

“About a week and a half in I started picking up on a more meaningful pattern in the reports. Should be page four, where they get much shorter. Standard protocols insist squad leaders vary their patrol routes to avoid this. But Shimura’s squad would normally be assigned to the village walls, and typically they aren’t quite that precise.” Coda tapped an identical line of information in a couple of the reports on Kai’s page, indicating where the observing Oinin had labeled the squad’s patrol areas and which sub groups of genin had been to the individual areas that day and when. As the week turned over it became clear that the squad leader had simply been offsetting the same rotation as it was completed, allowing for relatively easy prediction of where each shinobi would be in the next rotation.

“Normally this wouldn’t be a problem. If someone was sitting outside the village long enough to figure out the pattern in the guard rotation we’d catch them before they even got close. Take a look at the reports on Shimura though. Every time he’s handling an area at the extreme edge of their patrol zones, where no one else will come back through when returning from their patrol, something gets left behind.” The Konin continued even as she set out a well worn, mostly empty cigarette pack. “Take a look inside.” She continued, giving Kai time to fish the note out of the pack and examine the coded message on it.

“The pattern makes coordination easier from the inside. And there must be some room for error, maybe other people doing the same thing elsewhere, because intercepting that,” Coda said, leveling a black nail in the direction of the cigarette pack, “didn’t spook them. At least not enough to stop. Problem is, I don’t know who the notes are for or where they’re coming from. For seems like my job, but from… well.”

Stats

Summons Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Modes and Buffs Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Activations Used

Activation 1
Rank

Activation 2
Rank

Activation 3
Rank

ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Summon Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Active Modifiers

Passive Modifiers

[ Yozen ]

[ Mach Style Training ]

[ Kaiser Fist Training ]
-------
-------

-------

Combat Inventory

ghostfinch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:56 pm
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      Kai didn't really like the idea of messing with bats after his close call in Takijinsei as a genin, but it sounded like a good system. He perked up at the mention of the drug trade since it was removed from his episode earlier in the month. She revealed plenty of information, though there was a lot of room for speculation as to motive or the scale of the operation at hand. What she showed him was indeed intriguing. He frowned at the sight of the cigarette pack, pulling the note and mulling it over as she explained.

This seemed like clear detective work, but it landed in the jurisdiction of the oinin. "I'm surprised you're tasked with this. The fact that I haven't seen this on the KPD radar... how big does the Hokage suspect this drug trade is? Nothing's coming to mind in terms of lands outside of Fire," he murmured as he considered the note and the evidence. He was far too green to have the esoteric experiences to lend anything of value to the case. He had no history in any other lands, no familiarity with coded languages, and no practice with espionage of this type. It secured, in his mind, that he was given this position to be a bright, empty figurehead. It wasn't an authentic role for him, nor a position for him to make genuine change.

And that just wasn't his style.

"I want to help with this," he asserted. "This seems important. More important than... than whatever they give me. I don't want to do this soft managing. Beyond the event in the Bazaar, if I can help you with this case or anything else, I want to. Would you... would you be interested in that?" He felt stupid for asking; he didn't know how high her rank was, but he didn't think he could take from another branch of service in the village despite his high position. Not that he wanted to steal the investigation. He wanted to make a difference, and this clearly had potential to unfold into something huge.

Rocket Punches
                      if you wanna do a mish with me, I'd love to follow your lead! But if this is just a jumping off point for Coda, feel free to leave his offer! c:

ghostfinch

Seeker

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:18 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

“Big enough for you to miss it.” Coda said matter-of-fact-ly as Kai once again expressed his confoundment at not having known about this previously. “Oh, don’t worry, you’re helping regardless, even if I have to find a frayed edge somewhere and start unraveling you to find where this all ends up.” She added as he perhaps over-eagerly declared his desire to help. It wasn’t that she didn’t want his help, although to be fair she didn’t want to work with anyone currently kicking it around Konoha at the moment - it just wasn’t why she sought to make this interaction cooler. Instead, his enthusiasm needed a bit of moderation because of the news he was about to get.

“You should know, the corruption I helped expose in Arashigakure was rooted in the APD.” The woman said as short black nails worked the reports up from the smooth surface of the table and set them back in the file folder. It was flicked closed again as she waited for the boy to express the same consternation he already had before. Telling him was a risk, but Coda didn’t sense this child was good enough at concealing his intentions to purposefully deceive her. Perhaps it was a symptom of her general contempt for the other shinobi and would come back to bite her, but he was an open enough book that she could shuffle the Bazaar mess off her plate without needing to really even question him, so she doubted this was a ruse.

“In Arashigakure I was a useful tool in their investigation specifically because the people we hunted lacked the power to do more than mildly inconvenience me without drawing Konoha’s attention. The same can’t be said here; they can do much more than harass me as long as they stalk the Leaf’s back alleys and, while Konin is a lofty title, it doesn’t imply the same ability to wield force as the leader of a village organization. Considering your position, you can expect to deal directly with the Oinin Taicho in the field.” Coda added casually. She desired cover for her position, but it would draw more suspicion if a liaison led field operations on the Oinin’s behalf. And, while she was confident she could deal with anyone foolish enough to threaten her, Coda preferred her actual face not be associated with the type of notoriety warding off an assassination attempt might bring.

She cleared her throat, hoping to cut off any over ambitious outburst from Kai before continuing. “You should go into this investigation knowing what to expect. The Oinin operate differently from the rest of the village, and much differently from the police force. They are authorized to, and will, use lethal force without provocation if it achieves their ends. If they feel they can justify it due to your actions, directing it at you is also within their purview. Which is to say eggshells, Kai Uchiha.” It was important the child understood what he was getting himself into, she couldn’t afford to have his obvious, zealous naivety interfering with her approach to problem solving when it inevitably clashed with his sensibilities.

She tucked the file folder in front of her under one arm as she stood and slid her chair in, pausing to pick up the last she set aside. “Before we wrap this up. One of your squad, the puppeteer, I suspect she has a method of smuggling items into the village. Right now she seems to primarily use it for avoiding import duties on exotic materials and bulk shipments of junk food. Still, you should make sure it’s not a loose end that needs cleaning up.” The implication being that if it did need cleaning up, Coda or the Oinin would be significantly less pleasant about it. "We'll be in touch soon, I'm sure." She added as she turned with an elegant precision and made for the door.

Stats

Summons Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Modes and Buffs Active
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Activations Used

Activation 1
Rank

Activation 2
Rank

Activation 3
Rank

ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Summon Techs Used
ıllıllı None ıllıllı

Active Modifiers

Passive Modifiers

[ Yozen ]

[ Mach Style Training ]

[ Kaiser Fist Training ]
-------
-------

-------

Combat Inventory

ghostfinch

◄ 葉║ 𝓚𝓸𝓷𝓸𝓱𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓻𝓮 ↬ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀғ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas