Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[Split x Lostpaw] Insecure like me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:02 am
Lostpaw listened closely to what Split had to say, her eye growing wide with despair on his behalf. There wasn't a place for loners? Or at thevery least, he didn't know of one, but wasn't that the same? Her paws twitched and then she found herself walking towards him, arching her spine and rubbing her cheek against his shoulder sympathetically.

"If there's not a place for loners, then I'll ask Direstar and Honeystar if you can join me in ForestClan afterwards, okay?" She mewed. "ForestClan is better than StarClan and I'm sure you'd like it there. You could ask me all sorts of questions forever!" She mewed, trying to bring some cheer back into the conversation that had taken a rather dark turn.

"Oh! That's right, you were asking me questions." She said, taking a half step back and sitting down, barely processing that she'd crossed over her scent border. She looked up at Split with a hopeful smile. "Did you have any other questions? About me, or my Clan, or ForestClan?" She prompted.

Natitsuri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 pm
Continued log from Discord:

Split
Split smiled despite himself at the cheerfulness of the young she cat. After talking with her for such a short time he had already found answers to several questions he'd been curious about for a while. Still, he felt as if he had more questions than answers.

"Well, there is one thing I'm very curious about. What is all of that green on you?" He asked, trying to keep his tone curious and not judgmental. Since the two of them were just broaching the topic of death and the after clan life, Split hoped that his question wouldn't be too personal.

Lostpaw
Lostpaw felt the fur around her cheeks warm in a strange mixture of pride and embarrassment. While the green markings were a symbol of how blessed she'd been by her warrior ancestors and she was so grateful that she'd been, it did make her look a little...unusual. Luckily, Barkfang, another cat in her Clan, had also been blessed and now sported a purple back.

"It's a mark that I've been blessed by my warrior ancestors from ForestClan. Sometimes, our warrior ancestors will choose a cat to pass on their blessing too. It's a great honor, even though it may look a bit... unusual. When I awoke after I was blessed, my fur was green." Lostpaw shrugged. "It happened after The Great Battle, when I was still a kit. I can't remember a lot, but I remember feeling a surge of acceptance when I was blessed and now... I don't mind it as much. The green, that is." She shrugged a little. "Cats are going to stare at me anyway, so I'd rather they have it be for the reminder that I was seen as a brave cat during a great war, than for something I couldn't help being born with." She replied with a smile.

Split
For a long moment, Split remained silent. His eyes looked over her as he contemplated her words. Having never even thought of cats beyond death existing before this conversation, it seemed hard to believe they had blessed her with green fur. However, he had no better explanation or proof to the contrary.
"I envy you." He said softly once he finally did brake his silence. "I wish I had a marking of pride for other cats to stare at instead of..." Instead of what? Fur that cats always seem to make fun of? Compared to Lostpaw, he felt his fur, his eyes, all the bullying he went through probably didn't compare to what this young she-cat had gone through. And somehow she was still friendly and kind.
Split felt a strong sense of annoyance wash over him. For what reason, he wasn't sure. He didn't like that Lostpaw was so happy, so okay with how things were. He didn't like it that he felt jealous of a clan cat. He didn't like it that she had ancestors watching over her and he didn't. Before his annoyance turned to anger, he turned his head away from the young clan cat.

Lostpaw
Lostpaw was rather surprised when she heard that Split envied her and her eye opened wide, before she gave a half smile.
"I think it's a matter of perspective. The fur is always greener on the other pelt, heh.." She flicked her ears. "I'd do anything to have two eyes as striking as yours." Or two eyes in general, really. "And you'd like to be proud of the pelt you have, right?" She became a bit anxious as he turned his head away. "I'm sorry- I shouldn't have said anything. I didn't mean to assume that I knew anything about you, we just met. Um..." She looked around frantically among the grasses until her eye found a small splash of color between the blades.

Crossing over the RiverClan border, she nosed through it until she picked up a slender blue bird feather. She gave a small purr, hoping to indicate she meant no offense or harm, before jumped up a little and stuck it near his ear. It looked a bit precarious, as though it could fall out at any moment. Still it was the best she could do on short notice.

"I'm not some great cat who died in a battle, I'm still just an apprentice trying to find my way in the world around my blind spot." She admitted and ducked her head. "So I don't know if I'm allowed to give out blessings, but I can offer you good wishes instead." She indicated to the feather on his head. "Consider it a good luck charm. You've got a friend in RiverClan now and I don't just go around giving feathers to just anyone. It's a special feather that brings you good luck, even if you misplace it or start to not believe in it."

She stepped back, her fur warm, suddenly aware of how close she'd been standing to him. Her tail flicked nervously from side to side. "I should get back home before Flamedapple starts to worry about me, but I'll be sure to come back this way more often! And maybe... maybe we can meet again." She offered him a smile. "I sure hope we do."

Split
Split turned back to face the young she-cat as she approached him and sat very still as she neared. He looked at her curiously as she stood to place something on his head. Without realizing it, he dipped his head so she could reach it better. What could she possibly be doing? Clan cats were very strange.

Ah, so it was a feather. Split sat and listened to Lostpaw explain her good wishes and luck charm. Despite him declaring his disinterest in friends, Lostpaw had chosen to be his friend anyway. For a moment, he almost, almost smiled. However quirky she was, the cat before him was kind. He blinked his thanks to her for the gift.

"Maybe."

He watched her step back over into her territory and pad out of sight before he got up and started making his way to his current den. The whole way home he was careful not to drop the feather he had been given. Split thought it was strange how such a small feather could make him feel so warm.

~Fin~  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash