Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[Shadowstar x Russetstorm] Show me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:19 pm
User Image

It was just about moonrise when bright yellow eyes blinked in the darkness about him, following the scent from the previous night. Russetstorm had made sure not to be followed as he slipped from the clan entrance and off towards where he knew Shadowstar would be waiting. His paws seemed to remember the way to go more so than his memory did and soon he was able to hear the trickling of the river's water drawing ever closer.

When he arrived he saw her figure bathed in the moonlight, shining and beautiful. Her coat seemed tense yet strong though he knew something had been bothering their leader as of late and he had been the lucky one chosen to hear her woes. He almost purred thinking about it as he slowed to a stop and purred softly to announce his approach. He didn't need to startle her and earn several claws to the face.

"Shadowstar?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:26 pm
Sounds of paws against the ground so faint it could be it easy to miss them over the water rushing down its path. What could not be missed was the purred greeting.

He actually came, so much of her doubted anyone would willingly listen to her and yet here he was. Breathing in deeply, she let the air slowly as she gathered herself. This was going to be a long night. Forestclan preserve her, she prayed this wasn't a mistake.

Turning her head to look at the tom, she admired how he moved through the sliver moonlight. "Sit next to me, Russetstorm. Do you remember the dog attack?" Might as well start at that night then move forward. "Everywhere I step, especially back at camp, I can still see the aftermath. There is a spot near the nursing den one of my milkmothers fell, No matter how much time passed its hard not to look there and see her. This is the only place I could see to go and yet there is blood everywhere." This was only the start of the story. Good enough place to start as it was the end of Rockclan.

Obsessive training so everycat was stronger provided one way to prevent it from happening again. Was it enough?  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:27 pm
"I do." Russetstorm said softly, ears falling flat against his head. He had just been newly made a warrior at the time. He had been so eager to help out the clan, his clanmates and friends, to protect them. And he was powerless when the dogs came. For sveral days he was unconscious, holed up in Lightningclan's medcat den. When he awoke, several bits of time had to be filled in for him. It was painful. Waking up to barley recognizable faces. Most faces he knew scared or worse, gone.

But when she spoke about even more painful memories he had to bite his tongue. He had wanted to ask why she felt the need to return to such a place that obviously held such strong memories for her, for a lot of them. But at the same time he admired her strength in being able to do so. To come back here and face fears. Though even a strong she cat like herself needed help and that was alright to ask for.

"There is much pain here for a few of us. Some of the transfers from Lightninclan might not know it but..." he began then paused. It was selfish to bring himself up into this, or others. He wanted her to know that it was ok. "I am so very sorry that there is still much pain here for you..." he purred gently, wanting to lean in and nuzzle her but stayed back.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 pm
The time of the attack was chaos. Even with Russetstorm she didn't remember him at all during all of it. Such single minded focus to do as much as she could, and flamekit. Not much else mattered then, and all the new faces afterwards. That was a moment no one of Rockclan can live without knowing.

She had so many reasons to discuss. Without the reservations, Shadowstar leaned against Russetstorm. Sound of the river and warmth of a companion helped, at little.

Continuing her explination, she told him "I think the dog attack killed Jaggedstar too. He stopped even trying to lead, Brightstar did an unmatched job handling our survivors and leading two clans at once." Oh how she admired the other shecat for all she did. "Thats the leader I want to be, she was sure of herself and her decisions, led with compassion and understanding. She wasn't a leader to take lightly." Several defeats proved that one.

The thoughts and her company almost brought a smile, but there was still more to get through.

"Never even a Deputy, I was never taught how to Lead, what was expected of me. Just learned what I could without meaning to by watching Brightstar." She had such a strong desire to defend herself, tell him that she was doing the best she could! She was trying, trying so hard. Her ears lowered as frustration ate at her.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:44 pm
He really didn't have words for her. Not this time. She was experiencing pain that he couldn't and probably never would. When she leaned against him, he was surprised at first. He almost jumped, one paw raised slightly was the only sign of that as he calmed his nerves and smoothed did his best to let his fur lie flat. He stayed strong, letting her lean and find comfort however she could. "The dog attack took a lot out of everyone...I agree. I think Jaggedstar lost more of himself that day than anyone could imagine." he said softly, taking a chance to crane his head down and gently lick the top of her head.

"If you want to know what I truly believe. I think its going to take time... to find any sense of normality again. I don't think its going to be all easy either. But I believe we'll get there... with you as our leader. Brave and strong...and wise. Forestclan will guide you to the leader you are meant to be....and in turn you'l guide us." he purred softly, hoping this time his words weren't him not understanding, just him being honest and hopefully helpful. "I wish only to help." he added at the end, a broken record at this point but it was the honest truth.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:05 pm
She could feel the tenseness through their fur, it was almost enough to pull her back from this moment. But then, he understood what she was trying to say. That was comfort enough.

Closing her eyes to the unexpected grooming, Shadowstar purred. For all the turmoil in her mind and heart, the little things could bring her calm. Enjoying the water, company and the sound of purring, she almost left it at that.

When he spoke, he had her attention once more. She tried to keep her eyes up at him, but the compliments forced her to look away. Those are hard to accept in a normal time. Now emotional and exposed, they became even harder to take while looking at the one giving them. All she could manage was to purr louder.

Pawing at the ground in front of her, she told him, "This helps." Honestly it did, comfort from a companion that didn't judge her. Surely several of her friends wouldn't either. However, this was a burned, her feelings were heavy enough on her to put that on someone else was just cruel. He asked for them; however.

Swallowing, she finished her thoughts. "There wasn't any time to think of where to go, to conciser it. As soon as we woke up, Brightstar told us to leave." Very quickly she rushed to the defense of the other Leader. With much fondness and respect she added, "I don't blame her, it was well past the time for Rockclan to leave. This was the first and only place I could think of. We hadn't the time to find somewhere else. Leading here, that felt natural. Just moving forward to a goal I was sure of is comforting. A quite Forestclan and all these memories..I am better had making decisions than living with the consequences." Like her beloved Flamedapple's hurt feelings.

She still stood by making the right choice, but consequences don't care if you are right.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:20 pm
There were a couple things he had wanted to say but none of it seemed to matter right now. He simply continued to groom the top of her head and behind her ears as she spoke, waiting for her silence to speak again. "You trusted your instincts, that alone makes it the right choice. Sometimes choices hurt, but we live and grow through the pain." he paused, taking a moment to just kind of rest his head atop hers gently and listen to the river. His eyes fluttered shut for a moment, becoming calm and relaxed in the situation. He found himself thinking that he could see himself enjoying many nights relaxed like this with a strong and beautiful she cat. The only sounds that of the river flowing and soft purrs from the pair of them.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 pm
If there was anything left in her that wanted to argue, the rivers and purrs drowned it out. Letting out a gentle breath, she closed her own eyes. So many days and nights of restlessness and it was here that she found some peace.

Maybe, just maybe shes been too hard on herself? Even after saying just about everything weighing on her heart, he didn't judge her. There was no rejection. That alone was a stunning thing. He didn't reject her.

Thank the forestclan for a few moments of respite. Just a few, she'd get up in a couple more moments. A couple more.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:15 pm
Several minutes passed before Russetstorm moved or spoke. He simply sat listening to her purr, to himself purr, to the river, matching his breathing with hers. His tail curled around her paws and his nose pressed into her neck fur, taking in her scent. When he finally did speak, it was reluctantly but out of concern. "Shadowstar... I worry for you... " he said softly, glancing down at her, wondering if she now felt any better, even just the slightest. "Do you feel any ease...even if only a little?"

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 pm
At ease enough to almost fall asleep. Maybe she did, the river sung a beautiful lullaby when accompanied by harmonized purrs. The only thing to disturb the peace was the source of it.

Opening her eyes slowly, she yawned. Wating to get her jaw back, the Leader affirmed. "I do and I thank you for that, Russetstorm. This has been one of only two moments when I've been able to truly relax. Being heard matters, and being accepted matters more." She used their closeness to nuzzle under his chin out of affection and gratitude.

No matter how peaceful, her burdens didn't go away. They just felt lighter, easier to carry now that she could speak them without fear.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:23 am
Russetstorm let out a pleased purr this time, little bit louder as she nuzzled against him and he returned it. "I'm glad to have eased your burdens even if only slightly. I'm always here if you need an ear..or shoulder." he said softly, gently licking the top of her head again. He had wondered if he should ask if they return to camp, mostly for their own safety. While he'd give his life to protect her, he also had to admit to himself they didn't know if the dogs were truly gone yet. Still... it was so peaceful here, just being relaxed by the sound of the river, her leaning against him. It felt right.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:58 pm
For a long while longer, the only sound Shadowstar made was the constant rumble of a purr. It felt like it had been a lifetime ago that she felt this calm. The river always calmed her, now she could add a new sound to it.

Part of her wanted to just stay there, get the well needed rest. Responsibility nagged on her. They had to return to the camp. Staying out here put him in danger and left the camp without two of its defenders. With a sigh that came out more like a huff, Shadowstar finally moved. Standing up she stretched long and drawn out. Shaking off the comfortable, she pressed her head to his. "The camp will start to worry, we should return. For now." Coming back here again wouldn't be a bad idea, but back to the clan they must go.

[quote"Fea Line"]  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 pm
Russetstorm pressed his head into hers in return, gently but firmly enough to show support. "Yes. But I know now where to find you should you be missing." he teased, a slight soft cat like chuckle before he too stood and stretched, his tail arching over his back momentarily before he stood once again like a soldier at attention. This time, a little less ridged however and a smile still well upon his muzzle.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:16 pm
Walking around Russetstorm, she moved past him to head back to the Camp. This was not without one more full nuzzle and quite the playful tail under the chin before taking off. "I hope you do, often." Then she took off back the the camp with still a light purr on the wind

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 pm
Russetstorm playfully batted at her tail, chuckling. He watched her leave a moment before springing off after her, keeping a playful pace. "Oh I intend too."  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games