Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
General Medicine (Ground Floor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm
General Medicine

Found on the Ground Floor

General Medicine addresses common ailments and routine medical treatments for adult witches and wizards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm
This is a roleplay area for visitors and healers.

Patients can be found in their individual beds (threads) here.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:53 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that things went pretty fast but expertly coordinated. There was only a short bit he couldn't be right with Aeryn. They had to get a room big enough for everyone including him. They did some tests and confirmed her mom's theory; Their kid was wanting out. Vinny sure wasn't an expert but he knew this was earlier than it should be. Once they got all set up he had to suit up to come in. Though they had to magically make the gown cover big enough for him which added a moment of humor to break the tension if only for a moment. Soon as he could he would be as close as Aeryn needed him. They had determined there was no safe way for Aeryn or their kid for her to have him the normal way. Surgery it is, he knew Aeryn wouldn't be a fan and honesty Vinny couldn't blame her.

Luckily they wouldn't see much gut with the barrier which was helpful. They probably went at it very long but it felt like all day as he was trying to comfort a very understandably panicking Aeryn. She was doing her best. They finally got the baby out and taken care of and they got to hear that first cry, first of many of course and likely the only time they'll be happy to hear it. The doctor announced they had a boy. Well that helped narrow the list of names down. They get to see him but as he was still early to the party called life they wanted to moniter him like a hawk. Even though he was premature he was already the size of a normal non premature baby. He settled a bit but was still clearly not thrilled with the stress of being born. They couldn't rest yet. Aeryn didn't look too hot and monitering equipment was lighting up in not so good ways.

He got moved rather fast from where he had been at Aeryn's side. She definitely passed out and the nurses and doctor were whirlwinding around. A nurse while urgent was nice in shuffling him from the room. He got to see for a bit through a window as they took their new son to where he would get checked over and cared for being premature and were doing something with Aeryn. He was definitely worried. They knew there were risks in having a baby. Mostly because their son would definitely inherit some giant genes from him. Vinny could only hope their kid being only quarter giant would spare Aeryn the same fate his own mom had. He could hope.

He felt guilty as he paced the hall stressed. He had no idea how long it had been. Had they not decided to have a kid Aeryn wouldn't be as bad off as she was right now. Sure he wanted to be a dad but he didn't want his genetics to cause poor Aeryn and possibly his son so much stress and risk both of them. He never wanted to start and possibly end a family. Frustrated and honestly scared he wound up pushing the wall. Normally he would be aware he was pretty strong considering how freaking huge he was but he was a bit preoccupied. He kinda understood the suprised nurse passing by scolding him. Plenty of apologies later and a repairo later they were set and he wasn't going to get security mad at him. It wasn't long after that Aeryn's parents, Cian and his Grandma were here and they got the rundown.

Aeryn had some internal problems that caused her blood pressure to drop dangerously. She was lucky that their son was actually smaller than planned otherwise it could've been worse. Cian darkly jested that their short genes were useful for once. Vinny found it darkly funny but Cian got a 'stop that' wack from his mom who was clearly just as worried. Her brother coped with humor so honesty Vinny understood. It was weird seeing her brother be mature….kinda creepy. But the doctor mentioned they have to do something drastic to give aeryn a good chance of healing and it was Vinny's job to pick. Being married he was the power of attorney as Aeryn was too out of it to decide. They wanted to remove the offending organs as they weren't required to survive but would leave her very unable to have any more kids. It was still risky but their best bet for long term recovery.

He would have liked to think more on it but time was of the essence, so he agreed. He was certain Aeryn would understand if not make the same choice. When they agreed to get married it was thought to be for a long time. Vinny needed some alone time to process. He was fairly certain he had missed at least one meal in all this but he was far too nervous to get food. He went to go see how his little boy was doing. Now that he didn't look like he crawled out a gore fest he could see more of the clearly best child in the hospital. The nurse made sure he could get a good view but had to still keep him isolated. He had som hair that was much like Vinny's own brown. Which made him smile. They only needed one terrible redhead in the house. He shifted in the little blue blanket bundle they had him in trying to get comfortable. He scowled a bit and Vinny couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He scowled like Aeryn did, whether that was a good thing or not remained to be seen. Comparing him to a few other babies he was a bit bigger but not obscenely so. Perhaps he would just pass for a very tall kid? It would save him some of the same bullying Vinny had gotten being drastically different in size.

He kept watching his little boy as it was helping him not worry as much. Hard to believe he helped make that precious of a child. Eventually he was located by the doctor to let him know Aeryn did well. He may have surprised the doctor with the hug but damn it he was happy. He knew it be a while to recover but the whole time he stuck with Aeryn as she slept this all off. Je got asked if they had a name chosen but he wanted to wait till Aeryn was mostly drug free. He did get to know their son was doing very well and once Aeryn was awake they could bring him to be held.

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? St Mungo's
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ves, Vinny, Baby
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Recovering and Bonding
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I love this little guy

Aeryn had been growing increasingly frustrated, not to mention larger and larger. Her normally lithe form showed the shape of her baby bump early on, and once the baby hit the "rapidly growing" part.... well, it showed. On one of their checkups, she got told to stay on bedrest. It was stressful and exhausting, especially since her mum decided to spend all her free time babysitting her daughter. Aeryn did, however, appreciate that their friends would come over to keep her entertained as well. It was on one such visit with her mom that Aeryn started feeling sharp pains around her abdomen. Despite arguing with her mum that it was too early for the baby to come along, the older woman quickly convinced Vinny to get his wife to the hospital.

Aeryn was grumpy about it, but quickly relented when the healers started informing her that it was indeed go-time. They did some checks, but thanks to the baby being nestled in just the wrong way, they got told it was going to come to surgical removal. Great. Not even born and the baby was already a little troublemaker. Aeryn tried to keep herself (and Vinny) calm while they were doing preparations, but upon setup all she could do was clutch at Vinny's warm and ever-present hand.

It was about halfway through the procedure that Aeryn started feeling a bit... flighty. Her thoughts seemed to be swirling about, but she grounded herself out of sheer determination. What seemed like both forever later and only a few moments passed and a small cry echoed through the room. She barely heard the words it's a boy before the sound seemed to be growing further and further away. Suddenly her consciousness winked out, leaving her thoughts in the darkness of sleep.

_____oOoOoOoOo_____

It wasn't until well after a surgery finished that Aeryn woke up in a confused daze. Luckily, her mum, Vinny, and a nice healer were all there. They explained what had happened in quiet voices, then the healer left following a quick vitals check. Aeryn tried to be brave, to prevent herself from the breakdown of which she was on the verge. After a while, her mum left, then Aeryn took a few moments to cry with Vinny. Their baby was fine, he was okay... but she wasn't. She'd never really feel whole again, but it would be okay. For their baby she'd sacrifice much more. After she healed a bit, one of the healers asked if she was ready to meet her baby and honestly the redhead hadn't ever felt so ready for anything in her life.

It was Ves who brought their little baby boy in, who handed him over to the new mum. "Thanks, Ves." It was a bit painful to rest the baby on her stomach, but looking at the chubby little boy in her arms, she didn't mind the pain a bit. Looking into those big, brown eyes, she realized exactly what her own mum always mentioned. She would do anything for this perfect little version of herself and Vinny. "He's so perfect... We just have to figure out a name, right? Something just perfect for him. Any ideas?" She looked up at her husband before promptly returning her gaze to the baby in her arms. Her small fingers brushed the baby's little cheeks before he wrapped his tiny fingers around hers.

{{OoC: Mentioned/ghosted Ves with permission from Steffy}}
Kungfudemoness"[/quote]
[quote="Stefan Lee Salvatore

They can say that I won't stay around, but I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me. You don't know me, you don't know who I am
Don't count me out so fast! There will be no fade out, his is not the end
I'm down now, but I'll be standing tall again
Times are hard but I was built tough I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of
I've been brought down to my knees and I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it! I'll be back, back on my feet! This is far from over! You haven't seen the last of me!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

Vinny didnt relize he hadn't relaxed till their son got brought in by Ves and they were all together as a family. It was a great relif that both of them were going to be ok. Thier son was a bit fussy but was looking at them the best he could with hes new little eyes. Especially when one of them said something. Prob still just sounds to him but they would happily teach him when he was a bit bigger. Aeryn asked what name they shoud choose. "Well for right now he a perfect little angel. And of the boy names we looked at before, I think he looks like a Gabriel. But spelled normally." He sugested. He found Aeryn's mom habit of weird spelling of names amusing but they didn't want to curse him woth people always mispelling his name or never having a name keychain that matches. "You like that bud? Wanna be a Gabe?" He asked his boy. Wanna make sure he liked it too!

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? St Mungo's
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny and Gabriel
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Recovering and Bonding
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I love this little guy

Aeryn cooed quietly at her baby, looking over when Vinny spoke up. Gabriel... it was a nice name, though without her mum's bizarre spelling options. "Gabriel... Gabriel Faolán? It means 'little wolf'." She looked up, wiggling her fingers at little Gabe. When his fingers wrapped around hers, Aeryn sniffled a bit, curling her fingers around his chubby little hand. Vinny asked the baby if he wanted to be a Gabe, and the littlest Cloutier squirmed happily. "I think that's a yes from the little one." She gently straightened his tiny hat, then bounced the baby nestled in her arms. "How can a person be this small? He's just so teensy. Look at these wee baby hands!" She looked up at Vinny, tears lining her lashes. Her head was still a bit dizzy, but she was overcome with emotion. She figured they should probably invite family and friends to meet Gabriel, but right now she was happy just to hold the little baby close.

[quote="Kungfudemoness"

They can say that I won't stay around, but I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me. You don't know me, you don't know who I am
Don't count me out so fast! There will be no fade out, his is not the end
I'm down now, but I'll be standing tall again
Times are hard but I was built tough I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of
I've been brought down to my knees and I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it! I'll be back, back on my feet! This is far from over! You haven't seen the last of me!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers