caffeinecravingToday at 1:04 PM
Dogwood stared at the rustling grass. Mouse, he was sure of it... yet his large body stayed there another moment. He was nestled in the grass a perfect hiding spot and her was loathe to give it up for a mouse. And yet it was getting to that point in time when every mouse was needed. After the clans broke and Lightningclan was left with a surplus of cats, in an already over harvested territory, food was becoming a priority, and even when brightstar spoke calmly when she told them to hunt on patrol if they could... He was worried, so gently moving his weight he poised to sniff the rustling grass once more. Right so if he just, He rocked forward in a spring landing solidly and a squarely on what was behind the grasses.

FableToday at 1:12 PM
Cindergaze laid in the tall grass, staring up at the sky. She'd heard a bird and was taking a moment to watch its movements in the treetops, wishing it was closer so she could sink her teeth into its flesh. She huffed and shifted herself, stirring the grasses around her mindlessly. She'd been spending more and more time out hunting in an attempt to offset the food issue, but it would make any cat weary. To go from housing comrades to fighting them, to hunger? Life had not been kind to them-

She yelped as something came crashing down onto her. In an instant she was on her paws, her long fur coat sticking out in every which way as adrenaline poofed up the shet cat. As she laid eyes on her attack her she instantly settled down, though her coat did not. "Bould-" she stopped herself "Dogwood." she corrected. "You scared the living daylights out of me." she said as she sat down and began to groom her coat down. How embarrassing! She couldn't look like a mess in front of such a male as he.

caffeinecravingToday at 1:24 PM
Dogwood floundered as what he thought was mouse turned out to be a very fluffed up she-cat. He instantly checked the claws and made sure that he wasnt digging into her. He laughed though."Boulder? You thought i was that big fluffball?" He pushed himself off to the side and sat licking a few strands of fur down on his chest. "I mean... I know he has some looks... but hes nothing compared to me." He gave a wink and then shook himself a moment. "Sorry have you seen a mouse around here? I thought i caught scent from over this way... " His eyes glanced around and then back to the female and her brushing her fur down. "So... since you happen to not be a mouse... would you like to help me find some prey to take back.... Would hate to go back empty pawed...."

FableToday at 1:38 PM
Cindergaze busied herself grooming to keep him from catching her embarrassment. How had she been so quick to react and call him by his brother's name!? It was so unlike her. Once she'd calmed herself she lifted her head to smile at him, "Forgive me. I've just never had the pleasure to see you so up close and personal before..." she purred teasingly at him in regards to him basically throwing himself on top of her.

She tilted her head back, scenting the air for a moment and lowered her voice in hopes that she hadn't scared off the prey. "I have not, but I'll admit I was looking at other prey way out of my league." she brightened at him, nodding "I would be honored to join you though. Perhaps I can help keep you from catching another cat." with a flourish of her tail she was stalking into the grass after the scent.

caffeinecravingToday at 1:49 PM
He flicked his ears with a happy and prideful look. "Ah... my beauty must have left you dumbfounded." But he gave an amused laugh, he couldnt keep it up. "Dont worry about it... With a brother like Bouldertuft, im lucky a pretty she-cat like yourself even knows my name." He swished his tail in a warm and open motion. "But... yes... i usually dont throw myself so boldly at shecats..."

"Prey out of your league?" HE flicked an ear and looked around curiously. The birds movement caught his eye and he turned his eyes to the sky. Hmmm Birds were edible.... But his attention was drawn back to the shecat and he got a face full of tail fluff as she headed off.

He pricked his ears and whiskers forward and happily followed that fluffy tail through the grasses. His nose was searching for mouse be he wasnt sure his brain was registering what his nose was telling him.

FableToday at 2:02 PM
She was completely taken aback by him. Mostly that he so easily showed this other side of him and it was actually... humble sounding? She had to take it in a moment and could feel a soft warmth in her stomach, making her face feel warm. The compliment had actually gotten to her! "You kid yourself." she said sweetly. "Every she cat knows each of your names and wants to, uh, get to know each of you... personally..." She was being honest. They were incredibly lovely males to look at and their flirtatious side definitely didn't hurt, but what she had just seen out of the male was much more curious to her.

She shrugged dismissively towards the tree she had been eyeing, "I would love a bird." she admitted. "But cats just don't sprout wings and fly up to them, and it didn't seem to be coming my way any time soon. A mouse would be much more worth our time." She would pause now and again trying to pick up on the scent. She frowned at herself and cursed that she hadn't spent more time honing these skills.

caffeinecravingToday at 2:45 PM

Dogwood blinked. Nope he was being serious, the the news that all the shecats wanted him for personal time was much news to him. He opened his mouth to speak and then snapped it shut. He couldnt keep his tail down after being told that... so as he stalked along his big fluffy tail stuck above the grass as they walked.

He blinked at it. A bird? Hmm... "Right but we dont need two cats hunting the same mouse... im going to go over here and hunt a bit... So meet back here when you catch something... Last one back is crowfood.(Rotten egg? >> wink .." He turned and bounded away not letting her say boo. But once he got far enough away he headed for the tree. Foxfur, when he had been in lightningclan, had shown him how to do this. He wiggled his rump and clawed his way up a tree... now wait... There were bugs right at the base of this tree. He watched out a ways and saw where cindergaze was hunting and he looked back to the bugs... hoping starclan was on his side...

It took a few agonizing minutes but a young bird landed and Dogwood fell out of the tree on top of the thing. It gave a scream that would scare off all prey for a good long time. HE frowned and picked it up. Worth it? they would see. He carried it back to their meeting place looking a bit sheepish. Maybe it was too forward... but the lady had asked for a bird and be damned if he didnt get her one....

FableToday at 3:17 PM
"Ah you're right." she said, once again trying to keep the embarrassment from her voice. She was totally out of her element here. She'd managed to be so smooth with his brother, why was it so different with him? She blinked at the challenge and a slow smirk curled up her muzzle "A competition, huh? You continue to surprise me, Dogwood. I would be happy to take you up on that." she flicked her tail excitedly. Maybe this would help motivate and keep her focused, but at the same time she knew she wasn't the strongest hunter... She really didn't wanna mess up in front of the handsome male.

She waited a moment as he took his leave, taking her time to watch him go. She enjoyed admiring the male from afar... She then turned and headed her own way. Crowfood, huh? No, she certainly didn't want that title from the male. She had a determined look on her face as she slipped silently into the overgrown brush around her.

It proved difficult that was for sure. With not much prey out she was shocked she even managed the mouse dangling from her jaws. Really, it had practically ran up to her, but she wouldn't be telling him that. Instead she pranced back to their meeting place, tail and head held high. Even if he had managed more than what she had at least she wouldn't be empty pawed.

She halted at the noise, ears back and eyes darting around. What had that been!? She took her prance to a quick jog to hurry up to their meeting place. Was he ok!? She burst through the grass and the mouse fell from her mouth. There he was... with a bird. She looked between the bird and the male, back and forth. She was in such shock all she could manage was a soft "How?"

caffeinecravingToday at 3:37 PM
Dogwood was the shyer of the three brothers. And so he usually was in the background. So presented to the front, Surprise wasnt that surprising of a reaction. He found himself without the words to talk to the she cat. Just religiously tongue tied at every turn.

Once he had his kill he picked his way back. It wasnt a large bird by anymeans, but its brown feathers seemed healthy enough. He looked up as she burst through the grass to the small clearing. He beamed. Afterall he had gotten her exactly what she wanted. He blinked at the how with a cheesy smile. "How? A Tomcat never reveals his secrets! But its what you wanted right?" He picked it up and moved closer. "Come on... lets walk back! That way we each have something when we come back." He leaned forward and picked up her mouse so she could get the bird. "Im sure the elders will love this plump mouse! Nice catch!" He turned and started back toward camp. Waiting for he a moment to catch up.

FableToday at 3:50 PM
"Dogwood! Its amazing!" she howled in laughter at his reply, but mostly with how hyped up on adrenaline and joy she was. How had he done that!? Had he really done it for her or had it just been a good suggestion? She didn't want to assume, but she was absolutely beside herself. She couldn't help herself and bumped her head up under his chin in thankfulness before scooping up the bird in her mouth.

Her eyes were absolutely dancing at him, "Its nothing compared to yours, but thank you." she muttered around the kill. She pranced after him, her tail held so hair the fluff of it flitted in the air like a banner. "It's official. You're now going to have to teach me a thing or two. No getting out of it when its in the best interest of the clan for us all to be just as skilled hunters of hunters as yourself!"

caffeinecravingToday at 4:28 PM
He purred in pleasure at being praised but then nearly choked on his own purr as she snuggled up to him. He laughed though, kicking into movement. He could get lost in those eyes. Clearing his throat he trotted forward. "Oh well if its for the best of the clan. How can a tom say no?" There were many moments he cursed his long coat but in that moment... hers was beautiful... He blinked. "Honestly... im not all that... im just copying something Foxfur taught me once." He ducked his head and looked a bit sheepish. "YOu just climb up to a low tree branch of a tree that has a good bug stash under it... and then when a bird comes in you pounce... But obviously it wont work much longer!" He frowned and walked next to her down the path back to camp. "Im not going to lie... I worry this leafbare will be hard on us.... " He flicked his ears back. "Sorry... got dark there... " He smiled. "We will be fine of course we always are!!!"
(Rofl xD thanks... i think xD)

FableToday at 4:46 PM
She listened intently to him as he retold the story, nodding slowly. "Its brilliant!" she said with a gentle smile "Even if you didn't come up with it, you have perfected it for yourself and that's all that matters." She fought with herself wondering if she should really share this or not... "I'm... not as skilled. So the fact you've been able to accomplish that is really incredible to me." her voice got softer and softer out of shame, but also uncertainty. She didn't want to be too much for the male with the compliments, but she meant it.

At his words she slowed her steps, lowering her head to set the bird down so she could better speak on the serious topic. She stared off into the sky before sighing. "No, don't be. It worries me more that others haven't been talking about it. Everyone is still talking about the battle and the move so I can't tell if everyone is noticing or is trying not to notice..." she looked over at him, worry written on her face. "I appreciate your positivity. I really hope that's the case." she pawed the bird's wings lightly. "I just wish I could understand Starclan's plan for all of this. We worked so hard and took in the other clan to be left almost desolate... I would have thought that would assure us something good in the midst of it all."

caffeinecravingToday at 5:27 PM
Dogwood nodded. "Foxfur may be out there... but it at least works... " He was kinda sad that the previous lightningclan cat had went to riveclan. But he shook the thought off mentally. He brightened but was embarrassed over the praise. But he listened. "Now now... you caught this nice mouse! Thats nothing to sneeze at... if it ran up and begged for death offering you a stress free life in return,... you still caught it... so dont look down on yourself." He nudged her shoulder with his nose.

As she stopped he slowed and stopped as well. HE nodded. "Exactly... Its strange of course... I mean who wouldnt want to talk about something like what happened. But it doesnt change the fact that leafbare is nearly here... and in a good time we struggle... i would be surprised if we make it through unscathed.... Dont get me wrong... having rockclan here... didnt help at all... but its not their fault in entirety... " He looked to the sky. "But yes... i long to know what starclan was thinking..." He flicked his tail. "Perhaps they were too busy to tell brightstar it wasnt the right choice to let them stay... Perhaps we should blame it on Forestclan?"

FableToday at 5:39 PM
Cindergaze couldn't help the smile and a soft laugh at his words. She shook her fluff out in pride. Yeah, he was right, in the end why did it matter where or how the kill came to be? Starclan could have easily dropped it into her lap to ensure that the clan ate that night. She couldn't brush off good luck when it happened. "Yeeeah, that's basically how it went, but I still appreciate the words. I'll take more pride in my successes..."

"No, I can't blame them because I would hope that they'd do the same for us if the time came." saying those words made her frown. Could it be so bad this season that they'd have to rely on their neighbors this time? "I don't know either, but you can bet I blame Forestclan for the mess. None of it makes sense and was so violent out of nowhere. I understand standing up for your beliefs, but all of this felt so... unnecessary." she scooped the kill back up and continued to walk and talk. She kept her steps slow because, honestly, she didn't want to hurry back to the den too quick. "Then again, I am not privy to everything that is going on so I could be completely wrong. In the end, we just gotta do our best to take care of the clan. I think that means you and I will have to do this a few more times..." her eyes flashed playfully.

caffeinecravingToday at 6:35 PM
He purred. "Is it... well then hey... good life comeing to you in the future... i think ill stick around you from now on." HE purred. "But yeah... believe in you! "

He nodded though and tried not to think about dogs ripping through lightningclan and killing better then half of the cats. He blinked. "Yeah... perhaps." He frowned. "ITs easy to blame Forestclan isnt it? Just easy... maybe too easy? Who knows maybe starclan did start it all... but i chose not to believe that." He nodded, it was true... what would have happened if they hadnt fought.. if in the end they were just toys to the celestial cats. Noticing she had picked up and started he grabbed the kill and headed after her. He nodded. "I worry about that some times... about if im wrong and all i believe is wrong.. but its what i believe... im not sure what i would do if i was shown it was wrong." He nodded. "Right! Taking care of the clan is Number 1.... So we should definitely do this... a lot more... not just a few more times..."

FableToday at 6:52 PM
She purred loudly at his compliment, "I would really like that." and she was surprised to find that she was honest about it, not just a flirting remark...

"Too easy, huh?" she played with the thought a bit. She suppose it was. As far as what she could tell it was Forestclan who had been the ones to fall upon them. The celestial cats had made it all too apparent that it had been Forestclan that had been the ones to push this upon them. The way he was talking though, could there be more brewing under layers she couldn't see? The thought made her shudder. She didn't have the fervor as say some cat like Sparrowflight, but she definitely still held their beliefs close (even if she was a little loose on the mate end). What if...

"I think its right and fair to question." she replied. "Doubt can only grow the strength of faith in something if you can find the answers, but I don't know if that's something that can be simply answered." she shrugged sadly, understanding where he was coming from. It was scary... "So I think I'll always wonder, especially after all this commotion, but I'd rather move forward. I believe what I believe is right at least for the clan's sake. Taking care of it is my top priority so even if it is suddenly revealed that everything else isn't true... At least I wouldn't have wasted time. At least I would have been caring for others." She nodded firmly at the words. "Still... that would be a hard acorn to swallow..." ((lawl 'hard pill to swallow'?))

"A lot more hmm?" she looked pleased, her eyes taking on a teasing glint "I suppose a lady can make time for a gentleman such as yourself. Even if he's suggesting to taking up all her time just for himself..." she hadn't enjoyed herself like this in a long time. She could use the fun, but honest interaction.

caffeinecravingToday at 7:33 PM
He nodded, too easy. He blamed forestclan of course, but he was just afriad perhaps starclan didnt have the control over them that he thought they did. He flicked his tail though. "Do you? I know some cats who dont approve of questioning things... but yeah i cant help stopping to think about it. " He gave her a look and then nodded again. "It would indeed."

He puffed up though as the started making it to the camp. "Yes... a lot... I mean... not EVERY moment... but a few of them..." He would have blushed if he could. He kneeded his paws a bit and then led the way into the camp. "So perhaps... tomorrow we can go out on patrol?" He put the mouse on the pile and his eyes glittered. "Enjoy your bird"