Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Mei x Meredith(Cat Cafe) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm
Hope the kind

🔪🎤 🌈 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Meredith Carter )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Single)__________xxxx!!

He gave a smirk, looked like Mei could play Meredith's game as well. "Oh I knew you wouldn't head straight up my skirt. Pretty sure I've already proven I'm not that easy. But sometimes information is more precious than simple carnal pleasures. Knowledge is power and all that s**t." She had already knocked back about half of her drink, but she was still paying attention. Though it was probably meant as either a compliment or a statement of fact, Meredith feel a bit uncomfortable when Mei stated that she had everything. Sure Meredith was pretty successful, and she was still really young, but that wasn't everything. "Hmph. I wouldn't say I have everything. I mean, come on! My parents didn't even show up for my birth and I was raised by wild ocelots! Just kidding, I stole that from a cartoon, but still. There's more to life than friends and commercial success." Maybe she was just bad at taking some compliments, or maybe there was some residual guilt in her, it was hard to say, but she never liked to make it seem like she was perfect or anything. "Well, if I was a horrible person, I would pick something. But I'm a ******** saint. So...pick whatever you feel comfortable telling me. And if I ask something you don't want to answer, you can tell me it is none of my business." While that would protect Mei, it was definitely a huge protection for her as well. There were things that Meredith didn't like talking about, even if they weren't particularly bad or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 am
💢 🍆 🍺 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Mei Zhou )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Available)__________xxxx!!

Mei was able to readily agree with Meredith on this one. Despite any carnal desire that wished to be satisfied, this woman had a bit more class to her. ’No point in scaring them away.’ A smirk would appear when that thought appeared. ”Information can be a powerful and insightful tool.” One could take a look at their current conversation for the evidence. This hero had found out key information regarding that this band member was popular within her age group, had a personality that wasn’t the most honest and did decently well in social conversations among other things.

”So you’re choosing to focus on the have-nots than the haves?” It sounded like the redhead was joking as she sipped on her beverage. How the tsundere took her words would be entirely up to them. ”You should have more pride in your accomplishments. If you’re about to belittle your role in everything you have, then I’m going to need another glass.” Mei glanced over to the bartender with a look. Perhaps the worker was accustomed to such a stare as they proceeded to set the woman up with another Henessy.

”Comfortable you say? I’m certainly comfortable with stripping those disgusting pigs that call themselves gentlemen, or our opposite sex, their pride. But that topic can dampen the holy air that you’ve put out for us.” Focusing on downing the rest of her drink, another was soon put down. ”What will be a rather light topic….” Words drifted off as Mei used her forefinger to trace the circular frame of her glass. ”I have no sexual interest in guys and have little interest in befriending them unless they are absolutely disinterested in the female gender. I don’t make any compromises.”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

Well damn, that wasn't what she had meant either. "No, I don't really focus on the have-nots, it's just that just because I don't focus on them doesn't mean they aren't there. There are very few things I would trade all of this for, so I know I'm lucky and all. Not that I didn't work for it, but still, I'm not so egotistical to think that there wasn't a bit of luck too." The things that she would give all of this up for, they weren't things that could happen, at least, not without a way to go back into the past and change a few things around. He wouldn't want me thinking like this, but it doesn't change how I think. The comment about stripping the pride from men, she had to think of it as only mysoginistic men. Otherwise, it would be a s**t show watching Mei interact with her friends. But then hearing her comment about not having any sort of interest in befriending guys, brought back the notion that this woman really could have done just fine in a world of only women. That wouldn't really mesh too well with her social strata. "I don't really see guys in a romantic or sexual light," except for Ali, but he was a strange case. "But most of my friends are guys. We've sort of all just accepted that I don't care if they are attracted to me, I'm not attracted to them and nothing is going to change that. So for the most part, I end up getting asked for advice on what to get for their girlfriends." Which was fine with her. It meant that her guy friends cared about their s.o.'s and wanted a woman's advice, which was a smart move. Besides, they never bugged her about threesomes or asked her obnoxious questions, so it was a happy coexistence. "I kind of already gave you a deet about me, but I'm feeling generous, so I'll give a random one. I learned to play guitar when I was four." Hey, it was a free detail, so she wasn't going to give the whole story.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:26 pm
tab User Image

Sipping on her beverage, a sunset orange brow raised at the girl’s answer. Truth be told, it didn’t actually sit well with the hero. She wasn’t a big fan of those who continued to look back on the past with a look of melancholy. Mei saw enough of that in a certain male. ”A few things?” Clearly meaning that there was more than one. But if Meredith wasn’t interested in opening up about what she would exchange, the redhead wasn’t going to push anything. They were content with their cold beverage in hand and the conversation.

There were certainly people who found Mei’s outlook on men to be harsh. But she was just sick and tired of the treatment received with her looks and gender. Yes, this woman was aware that there were “good” men out there. But she couldn’t get excited when a sausage was put in front of her. These two sexes just didn’t mesh well together. ”So they continue to flirt with you even after you’ve said “no”?” If such a situation ever occurred around Mei, someone was about to get some scrambled eggs for their next meal.

”I’m guessing that you’re the lead guitarist in the band?” It was a playful little question as she took another sip. Mei didn’t usually spend time listening to the latest up and coming bands. She sort of had better things to do than to keep up with the latest craze. An exception she could possibly think of is when she was invested in someone or if it was needed for a case. ”As for myself, I’m decent on a piano and do moderately well on the Erhu and Guzheng.” The last two instruments were most likely not a well-known instrument in the states. Mei did not even expect the band member to know those particular string pieces. ”What is your role in the band?”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

She saw the invitation to explain herself, but purposefully silently declined it. Even if she did like Mei, they needed to unlock a higher relationship level before she would give up information like that. As for the flirting thing, it wasn't really so bad as Mei was making it sound. "I mean, some jerks do, but they are people I don't really run into often, so I don't care. My friends will sometimes jokingly flirt with me, but they know they aren't going to get anywhere, and they're just kidding. Kind of like when I tell them that if they don't watch out, I'm gonna steal all of the hot girls around." Sometimes their joking got a little vulgar, but it was all in good fun so it didn't really matter. Point was, it wasn't like anyone was trying to make someone feel bad or make them out to be a freak. And as for her fans, she knew they could get creepy, but all of them could get creepy regardless of gender, so she just dealt with it as it cropped up. "Close," she replied when Mei guessed that she was the lead guitarist. "I'm the rhythm guitarist and lead singer. It's super hard to be double lead, so I moved over to rhythm. It's not as glorious as lead, but I still get some solos and get to show off, so I like it a lot. Um...I also help write the songs. We work on them all together and share credits so there isn't bitching about who owns what and who should get how much credit." Someday it might come back to haunt them, but for now she liked the egalitarian system. She cocked her head to the side when Mei mentioned the instruments that she could play. "Damn, I never really had much exposure to Chinese instruments, so I kind of suck with the names. One is kind of like a zither or sideways harp, right? And the other is related to the fiddle, but with only two strings...or something like that? I went to a concert when I was in Beijing last time, but that was a year ago and I definitely could not understand much of what was going on around me." Punk was her mother genre, but she enjoyed listening to other types of music: you never knew what you could borrow from.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 pm
tab User Image

Mei could already see what might happen with these guys. Though, maybe it had something to do with her lack of male companionship. The thought of it was making her peeved, especially since she had the worst male figure to compare every man to. ”If you’re able to take their girlfriends from them, I guess their boyfriend lacked in certain departments.” Meaning that Meredith was the upgrade that the girlfriends were looking for. ”But let’s face it, you are the better choice.” She didn’t mention gender as a sip was taken from her Hennesy.

”A rhythm guitarist?” That sounded like someone who constantly kept the temp of the whole song. ”So you pull your weight in the group.” Yes, that sounded good to hear. Those male possies didn’t sound like they were making her the second fiddle in the group. While Mei didn’t know how many members were in a band, it was probably a safe guess to estimate that there were at least a total of 4 members. If she was the only female member, then it was a delight to hear that she wasn’t getting dogpiled by the other sausages.

”Indeed. The Guzhen is often compared to the harp since that instrument has more exposure.” Which was a true shame. The Guzheng was probably older than the harp but it never had much exposure in cinema. ”And you’re right again about the Ehru.” Though, it would receive the same treatment as the Guzhen. ”Are you referring to the lyrics or the music?”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

She smirked, "that's right, I'm such a catch that people change their sexuality just to be with me." That might be true with some of her fans, but she doubted that it was true overall. Not that she wasn't awesome, but changing sexuality seemed a bit excessive. But overconfidence and ego were part of her signature, so she kept it up, even if it probably wasn't serving much of a purpose. As for the comment about her pulling her weight in the group, it seemed like a curious thing to pick up on, but she supposed it was true. "Yep, I'm not the token female, I actually do s**t. That and I started the band, so it would be shitty of me to get everything started and shove the project off on someone else. Oh, and rhythm guitar, it's kind of part way between bass and lead. So I'm not the one that is keeping the deep backbeat, but I'm not doing all of the fancy s**t during the song. I'm...the overall guitar sound you hear, but then sometimes solos too when there aren't any vocals." Music had been integral to her life since before she could remember, so it was sort of strange going back and explaining things to someone who didn't seem very familiar with modern bands.

She was proud of herself for remembering the instruments, even if she hadn't remembered which one was which. Frankly, traditional Chinese music wasn't something she interacted with much, but she had heard some. "Lyrics, mostly. But then when people were analyzing it afterwards I didn't really get it. They kept using technical terms, then giving us a literal translation which didn't really make sense. Guess I don't really pay much attention to music analysis often. So I can read music, and I understand the different beats and all of that, but I focus more on how it makes people feel and what it says, not the minutia of construction and genre and other critics terms. Not surprising given my personality, I would say."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 am
tab User Image

The lioness smirked at the girl’s confidence. The cubes in her glass clinked as the glass was slowly circled in her grasp. ”I can confirm that you’re a catch. But if you’ve unlocked the ability to sway, the straightest of felines, to swing your way then you should give me a call.” As if such a technique would work! Though, opening someone up to the world of soft skin, lips, tush, torso, and more; was a bit addicting.

The redhead nodded and seemed pleased to hear Meredition role in the group. ”What inspired you to start a band?” The lioness asked her harmless question before taking a sip. She was certainly learning a lot about roles in a band and the cutie’s duty in the sausage band. ”Then I’m sure it isn’t wrong for me to say that the success of your band comes as a result of your hard work.” Mei was well aware that there were other members in their date’s band. However! She was not flirting with those roosters. The Hero was with a girl who made it in the entertainment business, a rather difficult sector to get lasting popular in.

”You’re doing what suits you fine. If you’ve found a style of playing and music that meshes well with your personality, then you should hone it. I find it rather impressive that you would give a different genre of music a chance. Not everyone is very open to mixing different music styles in their music.” Her honey voice cooed out her answer before gazing at the bartender. The woman smiled as she downed the rest of her drink. Those Hennessey were going to keep coming. It would just be easier to have the whole bottle here.

”But I’m a little puzzled, so care to help me?” Her finger swirled a bit in her new drink before giving a slight suck to the moist appendage. ”I understand that popular musicians have a difficult time dating. But, truth be told, I’m surprised to find you here. You seem like you could sweep off a number of people off their feet. And I don’t mean your fans, your music does that already.” Narrowing her sight on Mei, it held some sort of hunger in them. ”So why this particular dating app?”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 pm
color=deeppink]
Hope the kind

tab User Image

She was on to her next drink as well. Usually she was a bit more speedy than this, but she had been paying attention and talking more than usual, and as such she had not been paying much mind to drinking. She didn't bother with commenting upon her ability to change people's sexuality, only gave her date a slight smirk and let her continue on. Answering would make her sound either conceited or lame, but keeping it a mystery could arouse curiosity and desire. Then they were on to the subject of why she had wanted to be in a band, which was a question she answered often in interviews, but she got the feeling that Mei didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. "My dad was a really popular musician back when he was my age and younger. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a motorcycle wreck. He used to tell me stories about tours and what it was like performing before huge audiences, and all sorts of things he experienced while he was famous. I just...I wanted to live that life too, take his dream where he left it and carry on." The part of the story that she never mentioned was that she wanted her band to go big so that practically everyone had heard of them. That wasn't bad, but that wasn't all: she wanted to ensure her mother heard about her, heard how famous and popular she was. Then when her mom tried to take some sort of credit, she would call her out and publicly disgrace her. There was no vengeance too terrible to enact on that woman. "That would be entirely accurate analysis. You are very perceptive." Well, others' hard work was important as well, but they weren't here at the moment now were they?

"To ignore other kinds of music, especially traditional music, is to construct your own prison. Music can't survive if it doesn't evolve, and cutting away influences is a way to make sure it never evolves. If you want to survive beyond an era, you have to diversify. That's what I've noticed, at least." Hell, she had even covered a few songs outside of her normal genre, converting it into something that was her own. It was some of the most fun she had had working on a song.

She was intrigued by the question, to be sure, but she did have an idea for a response already. "Oh I could sweep most anyone off their feet, but...who says I want to? I keep pretty busy most of the time, and while loitering in bars can be fun, you don't always pick up the best dates there. So with the app, I can at least pre-screen people, so I don't end up wasting my time on someone dull. It probably sounds cruel, I'm sure, but I don't like putting effort into things I don't think are going to turn out." She shrugged, not really caring how it made her sound. "And what about you? You seem real strong and independent, so why are you interested in a dating app?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 am
User Image
User Image

You can continue your date on Discord, Skype, Phone, PMs, or another form of instant messaging to complete your interaction that was left unfinished.

Whether you failed, passed or scored a successful date, you can collect a boost or two for your next date!
    Visit the Boost Shop to see the available boosts to you.

Got past the introductions: +1
Learned a new thing about the other: +1
Got along together: +1
Didn't make it to 10 posts: 0

Bonuses
+1 Got passed the first page.
+1 Gave a gift!
+1 Held hands.
+1 Extended the date.

7/5

Hope the kind

Katze Allemon-Schatten