Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Jacob x Victoria(Cat Cafe) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm
User Image

Eat, drink or have a casual chat on the perfect midday date at The Cat Cafe!
    Admire their fluff or get close and personal to the cats with some paw shaped treats.
    If you're feeling spicy, order our Black Cat Vodka~ Or if you prefer the non-alcoholic side of things, try our Catberry Tea and Coffee!

Katze Allemon-Schatten
Jacob and Victoria have a date!

Hope the kind
Remember to try and score a perfect date by the end of 8/20~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 pm
Hope the kind

💡💬 📚 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Dr. Jacob Blitzkopf )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Single)__________xxxx!!

Jacob didn't really understand how this whole speed date process worked, except for the basic principles, of course. He knew that he had been matched with someone at random, and it seemed as if the location had been chosen at random as well. Frankly speaking, a cat cafe seemed entirely unhygienic, and he was somewhat fearful of catching some form of contamination. That and cats and him were not a good combo: cats seemed really good at generating static, and he generated a lot of static. Put the two together, and they were going to have electricity arcing all over the place. That was another thing he was curious about: how he should greet his date, Victoria. Generally handshakes were the most common form of greeting, but he doubted it would be proper to wear rubber gloves, and it would not be kind to shock the person. Hopefully she would understand his hesitance to shake, and see it as a sign of compassion. While he waited, he read the latest study on quantum mechanics and its relation to "dark matter."

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm
⚠️ 🥀 🌄 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Victoria Denison )
tab User Image
User Image tab (I’m Not Seeing Anyone)__________xxxx!!

The previous date had gone well, at least from where she saw it. It could have gone much worse and, thankfully, it did not. Her tranquil gaze looked at the cat cafe sign once more. The location left a pleasant sensation welling up inside her as she moved in. This time, she was sure to at least improve things just a tad bit. In her hand was a small yellow bag that held some orange tissue paper. Well, the gift itself wasn’t the paper as it was used to cover a small food sample. Looking down at her phone, the brunette was able to find her date for today. ”Dr. Blitzkopf?” Victoria flashed him a small smile as she stood by her seat.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

As soon as he heard someone calling his name, he put the report back in his satchel, then stood up to greet her. "Ms. Denison, I presume? Please, call me Jacob. My title is just a byproduct of my studies, nothing I value greatly." Now came a part he had been a little worried about: dodging a handshake. Though, if she had greeted him so courteously, he was sure she would understand his dilemma. "Please, forgive me if I do not shake hands. I am prone to electrostatic discharge, and I do not wish to shock you." As if by cue, his hand shifted towards a stainless steel knife, and a tiny bolt of electricity arced its way over to the implement. "My point exactly. It isn't enough to cause any harm, but it can be a nuisance. Oh! Please, allow me to get your chair for you." He pulled out her chair for her, then waited for her to sit before pushing it in for her. In several guides to etiquette he had read, that was something a gentleman was supposed to do for a lady. Once she was settled, he returned to his side of the table and sat down as well.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm
tab User Image

It was a relief for Victoria to hear that he was called “Doctor” because of his degrees. Looks like she could rest easy a bit. ”Yes, you presume correctly. I’m fine with you calling me Victoria as well.” Her answer was very polite as she took a seat in the chair with his help. A soft and kind ‘Thank you’ was spoken before he was back to his own seat. ”I understand Mr...oh sorry, almost made a blunder.” She chuckled faintly to herself. ”Jacob. Thank you for telling me, I’ll be sure to keep this in mind.” And the brunette would try as she took a look at the metal object. Though she was prone to make a hiccup or two along the way as no one was perfect. ”What do you study Jacob? I, myself, am a History major though I only went to my Bachelors.” And it was quite difficult to find a job that she could apply her major in. But she was aware that there were going to be hurdles when she took on this particular degree.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:52 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

It would seem he lucked out on with whom he was paired: this young woman was polite, courteous, kind, and quiet. He couldn't imagine what he would have done with a boisterous person. "Errors in nomenclature are fine, I do not really care so much. The purpose of language is to transfer ideas between individuals, correct? Well, so long as we are able to tell whom is being addressed, then it does not matter so much if our words are slightly off, correct?" That also served as a rather eloquent way to excuse himself if he ever got a name wrong, but he did not think that would be an issue today. One name was fairly easy to recall. She did not seem to mind his electricity, or at least seemed willing to extend to him some considerations, which was all he could ask for. Oh boy, she asked what he studied, that was always an awkward answer. Should he only mention a few of his main ones? No, that was lying by omission, but he still did not always care for the length of incredulous staring he received afterwards. "I confess I never devoted much time to the study of history, though I am quite aware that my failure to do so was a glaring error. As for me...it is a bit of list. I have a PhD in biochemistry, inorganic chemistry, forensic science, biophysics, physiology of peculiarities, theoretical physics, and mechanical engineering; my masters in general mathematics, statistics, and education; and bachelors degrees in philosophy and psychology. Please don't think me boastful or anything, I just assume it would be worse to lie by omission." Now it was time to see what sort of reaction he would get.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm
tab User Image

The narrator beams with pride at understanding what this doctor was saying. Victoria, on the other hand, was completely lost with what this man was trying to say. She gave a few blank looks and tried to guess the meaning behind his words. It seems like she found a man who was very eloquent with his speech. That probably didn’t pair well with someone who wasn’t a native-born English speaker. All that time she spent on her Otome games was beginning to bite her in the a**. Maybe she should have used that time to brush up on her English, at least, with the more higher-level words.

When he began to list off all of his degrees it was...intimidating. She was in the presence of a very intelligent man who could find a job at just about anywhere. What of Victoria? Spending her mornings or evenings with some fictional male characters, who would never pop out of the screen and sweep her off her feet. It felt as if a wall had been built between them as the professor continued to talk. So, with all that said and done, what was the first thing she said? ”How young are you?” The word was carefully and politely said. She dipped her head to show that she meant no ill will with the question. ”A man of your great intelligence...I feel at a loss for words. I never imagined someone could have so many degrees.”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:27 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

Oh no, he was starting to get the glazed over look that he has come to know so well. And that was just at his regular speech! With the listing of his degrees came the shock he had come to know equally as well. But at least her question and comment were still perfectly civil, even if he thought he could feel a hint of defeat. "I appreciate you asking how young I am rather than how old. I am thirty-five. Is that about what you were thinking I was?" He consciously made an effort to speak more like he had heard others speak, in the hopes that it would prove easier for her to follow. It would be such a shame to alienate someone who seemed so pleasant. "I do have quite a few, don't I?" He was trying to go for a sheepish look and tone, but his efforts fell flat. "Please, do not feel there is such a large gap between us. I'm an academe, it is what I do, but in regards to social intelligence, I have none. Thus far I have been relying upon manuals of etiquette in order to navigate social situations. In consequence, I often come off as very formal. I will try to alter my speech to be more amenable." Yeah, you can tell who never had friends growing up.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:16 pm
tab User Image

Her eyes popped open at his age. Lifting up her fingers, she attempted to count the number of degrees he had under his belt. ”...4...5...6...” Victoria counted slowly until she came to find that he had 12 degrees! Actually counting out how many he had was blowing the wind out of her chest. The brunette sat there as she tried to think how a thirty-five-year-old would have so many degrees. In fact, she tried to break the math down on this one. There was a reason why math wasn’t her strongest subject. ”How is that possible?” It almost seemed like someone plucked out a human body from the masses and slapped them with a ton of paper. A Bachelors took 4 years of school, 1.5-2+ years for a Masters afterwards and then 3-6 years for a Ph.D.

The complicated language made Victoria lost. With a gentle shake of her head, she couldn’t quite understand him. ”My English knowledge is failing me a bit right now.” She plainly admitted. It wasn’t like she was trying to mask that she was a foreigner. The brunette wasn’t too much of a fan of the prejudice and treatment that came with the exposure. ”English is my third language. Could I ask you to speak slower and use more….everyday language?” Victoria wasn’t sure if her request was unreasonable or just plain rude. Everyone had a different response.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

For a moment he had thought that his age would actually help explain things. It wasn't as if he was fresh out of the cradle or anything; in fact, compared to most of his colleagues at the school, he was on the older end. Yet it did not seem to have that effect on her at all. It seemed as if maybe she would have found it more believable if he had said sixty or something like that. He was about to point out where she had likely made an error in her calculations, when she asked him to speak slower and perhaps more simply as English was not her native language. He might have just struck upon his saving grace! "What are your first and second languages? English is my native, but I can speak a few others as well, if that would make you feel more comfortable?" That was a key element in most interactions between sentient beings as he recalled. If one party was uncomfortable, socializations would be terminated in order to retreat to a more comfortable situation. He was sufficiently socially illiterate that even situations that should have bothered him rarely did. One could only feel uncomfortable when one had something to lose, and to put it bluntly, Jacob had nothing in the social department, so he could careen in without worrying about losing anything.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:17 pm
tab User Image

The brunette could breathe a bit when the topic changed to language. The uneasiness settled a bit but that wall couldn’t easily be knocked down. She seemed to focus a bit on what she lacked than what she could give to her date. ”Monégasque is my first language and French being my second.” More likely than not, the professor would most likely know French than her native people’s tongue. Most tourists did not have a reason to know Monégasque. Multiple languages were spoken by the natives to help people to navigate through her home country. Not that she didn’t believe the dark-haired man would be unable to speak to her in her mother’s tongue, it would be rather surprising. French, on the other hand, seemed a far more common language that many Americans picked up. With the notion of France being the country of romance, the birthplace of artists and wonders, fantastic architecture, music, and etc.; Victoria could see that this man may know the “romantic” language as some have called it.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

He gave a brief smile before replying in perfect French, "I'm afraid I do not speak Monégasque, but I am fluent enough in French. Would this be better for you?" He refrained from mentioning that French was his third language, or mentioning that it was third of eight, as that would probably intimidate her even more. He had tried to explain his situation before, though without mention of his perc, of course. But then again, how would she take the information? Would she consider it pitiable that he had devoted his life since he was a young child to study? Would she think it tragic that he did not have a social life, and no social skills, because he had always focused on cerebral matters? This was all true, but at the same time he did not feel there was any cause for pity: he did not miss out on anything, in his opinion. He liked how his life had turned out. But at the same time, this singular devotion would help to explain why he seemed so scholarly, why it seemed like he was having a hard time normalizing his speech patterns. "I didn't mean to sound intimidating. I suppose I am rather out of practice when it comes to normal conversations. Textbooks never ask questions, and peer reviewers come with a specialized lexicon." He was still speaking in French, hoping that would help this situation some.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 pm
tab User Image

The French really opened up her ears. She sighed pleasantly as the man was able to accommodate the language barrier. ”[[The intimidation comes more for what I lack than what you have. I was reminded that I should have tried to double major in my school. Had I done that, I might not be currently working for a Convenience Store while looking for a job that compliments my History Degree.]]” The change in language perked her up as she spoke more honestly. It often felt that English was rather crude compared to the sophistication she found in French. That was a completely biased thought though. Though, being reminded of her current situation was still disheartening. At least it was a problem she found herself in and not a result of someone else’s. ”[[I disagree. Textbooks incur us with knowledge and make us ask questions that someone else might not. But I must admit, I was surprised to find a rather esteemed individual in the app. Are you not busy with a study or your students?”]] The woman was going to be one of those inquisitive minds that had plenty of questions to ask but not enough answers to give. [[”I believe your profile mentioned that you do like to read.”]] Victoria vaguely recalled the icons that were associated with the professor. [[”Next time, how about we chat a bit more via the app’s texting system? We could converse via text or call to help ease you into a more social setting.”]]

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

Judging by the rate of her words and the general even flow of her sentences, Jacob thought it highly likely that altering his choice of language had caused an increase in her comfort with the conversation, even if the topic had not really changed, at least categorically. He supposed that was a logical result: he personally felt more comfortable speaking about biophysics than he did psychology, because he was far more knowledgable in the former than in the latter. (("Perhaps it would have been better to double major, but tell me this: did you at least have fun in college? If you derived knowledge and enjoyment from it, then it sufficiently served its purpose. As for finding a job, sometimes it is more advisable to wait for something closer to ideal than to latch onto the first thing that looks like it can work. At least, that is what I have found in my experience." )) Granted, his experience was more along the lines of working out theories and designs, but the principle was probably similar. He quirked his head slightly at her analysis as to the conversational properties of books. (("I understand your analysis, and appreciate your alternate approach. Thank you for speaking in concrete terms rather than anecdotes and metaphors, I sometimes have a hard time comprehending those." )) Answering each questions individually was the logical approach, but he felt he could give a more thorough answer if he combined them, so he waited for her to ask all of her questions before providing answers. (("Actually, one of my grad students signed me up. She was of the opinion that I spent too much time on my studies, and not enough time interacting with other people on a non-professional basis. I am not sure what parameters would constitute too much time, but it is an accurate observation that most all of my time is spent either teaching, researching, conducting experiments, or pursuing a new degree. Fearing that I might be missing out on some of the more real-world applications of my knowledge, I agreed to enroll in the dating site. As for pre-date communication, I'm afraid it won't be quite that easy. My student used her phone to set up the profile and all, and has been using it for all app-related functions. I don't actually possess a cellular device, or a computer, or even a pager for that matter. Electronics tend to short circuit around me, small portable ones especially, so the technology I use has to be sturdy and well-insulated. Believe it or not, I only have one telephone at home, and it is an antique rotary phone. However, if you wish, I would be happy to give you my phone number and address?" ))

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm
tab User Image

Victoria smiled and nodded at his question. ”((I don’t regret the major I worked for, just the extra time that I dwindled away in school.))” The reality of it all was, she might have been able to work towards something that might have landed her some work. But it was her own joy in Otome games and social apps that ate a lot of her time. Though her parents expressed concern, they believed they could find some work for their daughter in their country. What they didn’t realize was that she wanted to see other lands beyond the small area she called home. ”((You seem to have a lot of wisdom. But I’m so sorry about dumping my troubles onto you. That isn’t really proper for a first date.))” It seemed rather silly to talk about something that should probably be conversed about much later if the date succeeded.

”((Then I will speak as plainly as possible. Would you like some practice with anecdotes and metaphors? Maybe it is a bit presumptuous of me but I feel like you enjoy learning.))” She glanced around at her surroundings. The cat cafe was a rather tame place for a date. It wasn’t likely that much was going to happen unless they chose to do something together. ”((If we treat this date as a lesson to be learned, we can work on helping you get accustomed to people.))” Well, this certainly wasn’t what she thought how the date would go. Though helping people in need wasn’t her calling, she would rather converse than have awkward silence sit between them.

Victoria took in his words with careful consideration. She glanced down at the table and the cups of water that had been placed. While the brunette wasn’t the most intelligent individual of the two, she could lend a helping hand to someone that needed it. ”((Electronics and you aren’t compatible….I guess that means you don’t have to worry about any social anxiety that comes with the social features of the phone. Oh! I should have thought about this earlier! Have you thought about buying an inhibiting support item? It could help you control your ability.))” It was just an idea but perhaps something he would be interested in.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

[Forum Graveyard]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces