Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Jacob x Victoria(Cat Cafe) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 pm
Hope the kind

💡💬 📚 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Dr. Jacob Blitzkopf )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Single)__________xxxx!!

He couldn't say that he really dwindled away his time in university, or maybe the fact that he never got to know anyone counted as dwindling time? But it was hard to relate to people when most of the students were eighteen to twenty-two and he was only ten. At times he was the most mature one there, but other times, well, his physical age could be quite the limiter. (("Why wouldn't we talk about our problems? Are they not aspects of who we are?" )) It seemed illogical to him. Wasn't the purpose of a first date to explore the nature of another person in order to determine whether or not future dates would be pleasurable? Revealing only the positive aspects seemed much akin to lying, and lying usually lead to greater difficulties. (("I am always amenable to learning new things, but isn't that a bit one-sided? Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seemed to me that dates were symbiotic in nature: one party provided a beneficial service and the other party reciprocated. Or at least that was the goal. Is there something I could be doing for you? Something that would make you happy?" )) That was the core concept of a symbiotic relationship: one party provided a service, such as cleaner fish consuming dead skin and other debris off of sharks, and the other party reciprocated. In this example, that would be the fact that no fish in its right mind would dare attack the cleaner fish when it was attached to a shark. Or was he mistaken about the nature of dating? That was quite likely as well. As for the support item she mentioned...(("thus far I haven't found one that works quite the way I want. I still need to be able to absorb electricity as it keeps me functioning at needed levels, but I don't want it syphoning power out of other things at random. Plus, should I require the electricity, to power something up, for instance, I would not want to be inhibited then. I suppose I could design something..." )) He had several other projects he needed to be working on, but he supposed he could squeeze that in too. It would just mean he needed to remove time from such luxuries as sleep and eating, things he never cared much for anyway. (("Thank you for your suggestion. You have been most helpful this evening." )) It might not have been a romantic thing to see, but at least it was sincere.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:29 am
⚠️ 🥀 🌄 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Victoria Denison )
tab User Image
User Image tab (I’m Not Seeing Anyone)__________xxxx!!

”((I don’t disagree, however, putting out my problem gives some insight about what has troubled me. Troubles that may be too much of a burden for someone we do not know. It doesn’t feel appropriate. I understand that on a date you can reveal what you are comfortable with another. However, I confess that I opened up too soon about a problem I’m not quite at ease with telling a man I’ve just met. I hope you will not take any offense to this.))” With a polite voice, Victoria dipped her head in apology. Perhaps that could have been a culture case, but there was a limit to how much she would bend herself to adapt to someone else’s upbringing.

The brunette blinked at his explanation. It made her think a moment about what a “date” meant to her. ”((I have usually seen dating as a means of determining if someone is compatible as a life partner. For something like that to happen, yes, people would need to give and take. But I would like to think that the two people involved try their best to be equal and fair in their relationship. I realize that is looking at the relationship is rather immature but that is my opinion on it.))”

His response to the support item sounded a tad bit strange. ”((What do you mean by your words: “functioning at needed levels”? Does your ability keep you alive professor?))” Not that it wasn’t common for a peculiarity to sustain someone’s life. But she wasn’t aware of a power that was used to help someone function. ”((There is a store in the city that creates support items. They have positive reviews from a lot of customers. Perhaps you should give them a look? There may be no harm in trying.))” If the valedictorian wanted to know more about the address of this location, Victoria happily gave it.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:01 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

Ah, now that made sense. While it probably was partially social convention, refraining from revealing things you were not comfortable revealing was a perfectly logical phenomena that spanned across many species. (("Thank you for explaining. I apologize if I made you broach a topic you were uncomfortable speaking about. I guess you could say I am the type to ask too many questions at times. Not for any sort of judgement, of course, but because I am curious and wish to understand things in their totality. However, experience has taught me that humans are not so easy to understand, and often resent having someone explore them with deep scrutiny." )) Other people might have felt his choice of words could have had a sexual connotation, but those people didn't know Jacob. His phrasing was intended to be perfectly chaste as his interest was purely cerebral. As for her slight bow with the apology, he thought nothing of it, mostly because it seemed perfectly logical. That was how he apologized, or at least similar enough that it did not arouse suspicion.

It seemed he was just as surprised by her explanation of the nature of dating as she had been of his. (("To determine compatibility as life partners? I confess, I hadn't thought it entailed so much forethought. Forgive me then, for being woefully unprepared." )) Should he have brought files with him? Genetics were important to such a decision, right? So should he have brought his analysis of his own DNA? It seemed a bit much, but maybe that was why people made such a big deal out of dates. However, her personal view on the matter sounded infinitely less daunting. (("A covalent bond, then." )) He had meant to keep that to himself, but upon realizing that he had spoken it aloud, he decided to go ahead and explain. (("By which I meant that in a covalent bond, atoms draw near each other and share electrons in order to stabilize themselves. Most of the other atomic bonds involve pure give and take. Covalent is the only one that shares." )) That was what happened when you went on a date with him: you ended up getting science lessons.

(("The human body naturally possess electricity, it is how the brain sends messages to the nervous system. So I suppose if anyone was completely deprived of electricity, their bodily functions would cease and they would soon die without artificial assistance. However, in my case, I can handle vast amounts of electricity and use it to superpower myself. Thus, acquiring excessive electricity allows me to perform at optimal levels, while below average levels of electricity leave me rather zombie-like. In order to keep up with all of my studies, plus teaching, and whatever side projects I am engaged in, I need to keep functioning near optimal levels. Hence the ability to recharge is a must." He had little hope for a shop having what he needed, but there was always the chance, plus he wished to humor her. "I will see what this shop has, and if need be, maybe I can get a custom design. Thank you for your suggestion, I am sure my students will appreciate it. Do you happen to know the name and/or address?" ))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm
tab User Image

Victoria gently shook her chocolate locks. She seemed quite happy that the professor understood her plight. ”((I’m perfectly fine with the questions. It shows a healthy mind, and I know that you might have one of the healthiest ones around.))” She seemed to refer to his degrees. He certainly didn’t have them just for show nor did he look like the boasting kind. ”((I think that is true. Sometimes I have a difficult time understanding myself. So trying to understand someone else, whose thoughts and experiences are different than my own, can be challenging.))” Victoria looked down bashfully. She placed a napkin on her lap and fiddled a bit with it.

The woman looked up startled as he began to apologize. Somehow, she began to panic as her hands were waved in front of her. ”((People have different opinions on dating. I think it is normal to not always have the same perception of a situation with another.))” They could take this date as an example. They each were trying to look for something that was different than what the other desired. One was to learn about the social intricacies, while another was more about settling down. ”((I think that is a good comparison.))” Though she didn’t have much of a foundation on chemistry or atoms. ”((I guess you could say we are the atoms and we are trying to see if we can make a covalent bond…?))” Did that sound right?

It was like a lightbulb went off in her head. Now she understood why this man had so many degrees! Though it still didn’t make her any less wary. ”((What happens if you try to wean yourself off from the electricity? What I mean is, to return to the electricity levels of a run-of-the-mill person, like myself.))” Maybe using herself as a comparison was a bit much but she was certainly less intelligent than the man in front of her. ”((Yes! The name’s shop is…..))” And she would go on to detail the location and name of the shop. Victoria seemed to focus on someone named Kim in that particular store.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

He gave a slight smile at her compliment. It was far from accurate, but he understood there was no way for her to know his true condition, so she must have been basing her analysis of health upon intelligence, in which case her statement that his mind was one of the healthiest meant that she thought he was one of the smartest people available. Given intelligence was his favorite trait and something he prided himself in, it was a magnanimous compliment indeed. (("Well then, with your permission to continue questioning, I will be more careful to craft more appropriate questions." )) Further, her logic on the subject of comprehending the intentions and thought processes of others was spot on as well. (("Yes, unless one has a perc which has some sort of mind reading capabilities, then understanding others based upon subtle reactions and body language is highly difficult. Even science has come to accept this fact! In philosophical studies, a lower degree of certainty is required than in the physical sciences simply because people are so varied that a universal descriptor is almost impossible." )) Her sudden panic? or at least more assertive actions confused him, but he listen to what she had to say in hopes of maybe being able to decode her actions. He wasn't entirely sure, but maybe she felt that he might have been worried over the serious nature of dating, and that she hadn't meant for him to worry? That would be a pleasant option. Even though her manipulation of the metaphor didn't quite work, it was such a sweet attempt that he did not bother to correct her. (("Some atoms are more predisposed to covalent bonds. Hopefully both of us are those types of atoms." )) Frankly, in this metaphor, he had always considered himself more of a noble gas, but he would keep that information to himself.

Returning to normal levels, huh? He wasn't even sure if he could anymore. (("I suppose I could, but it would be a laborious process. Already I nearly crash whenever I get to normal levels, and for me to stay down there...I fear what I might lose." )) Would he forget things that he had learned? Would he have to put aside most of his projects? Was his body even in stable enough condition to lower his dosage? There were so many questions he did not have the answers to, and for once, he was not keen on finding them out. (("Ah, thank you for the information. I will be sure to check it out as soon as possible. But I fear we have steered the conversation far from you, so tell me, why did you choose history as your major?" ))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm
tab User Image

The brunette gave a gleeful nod and a smile. Though, when he went on a scientific speech, she blinked. Yes, she understood what he said but she wasn’t sure how to respond. Victoria couldn’t bring herself to speak such sophisticated language like a scientist. But the foreigner would try her best to break down what he meant. ”((Yes, I believe I understood you. This date will help you to understand the complexity of people then.))” It was a rather simple notion she was making. It could honestly be called too simple but she had already confessed her lack of scientific knowledge.

”((Y-Yes. I hope we are similar atoms too.))” She didn’t know much about them, but she was feeling like a small atom compared to the big one in front of her. Well, they were both different in height. That might have contributed to their difference. Sure, they didn’t get off on the right foot but they began to communicate much better with each other. That was always a start!

She hummed in thought as she pondered about his loss. ”((Maybe...treat yourself like an experiment. Well, wait! I mean that maybe you should do it little by little. I don’t know if your job requires you to use so much of your brain. But if you don’t give it a break then you’ll wear yourself out.))” And health was a big thing for her! She wouldn’t be tied down with someone who was ill and was doing nothing to remedy it. ”((Because I wanted to know what I missed out. I had..uhh...cancer as a kid. I was stuck in the hospital for ten years. So I read a lot of books. There were a lot of types but I always grew fond of history. It made me feel connected to the present.))” She smiled at her fond memory. ”((I know it sounds silly but...it helped me get through that hurdle in my life. I wanted to do something for myself and history was what I desired the most.))”

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 pm
Hope the kind

tab User Image

Oh dear, he was getting too technical again. He would need to rein it in, not everyone majored in science after all. He could speak like a normal person, couldn't he? Though it was not something he did often, he managed to dumb things down for his students, so couldn't he generalize his language enough to be accessible to more people? Well, he could certainly try. (("Well, I don't know if I scored particularly well in the life partner department, but hopefully this date has been as pleasant for you as it is enlightening for me." )) It seemed rude, perhaps, to ask if she believed they were likely to form a covalent bond; and didn't these sorts of things usually take time to develop? Asking too early would be like positing hypotheses without testing them. Useful, perhaps, but decidedly inconclusive.

He couldn't help the slight smile when she suggested that he treat himself like an experiment. It might have sounded strange to her, but he already treated himself like an experiment: one that could objectively analyze and record data even while it was happening to him. Who else would have installed diodes connecting directly to his brain? Even for someone who utilizes electricity, it was a risky maneuver, but he felt the benefits would outweigh the risks, so he had proceeded with it. (("Generally my work does require me to use significant mental resources, but I could certainly see if diminishing my charge slightly over time was manageable." )) He rather much doubted that some concerned parties would accept this change, but maybe he could convince them to see the long-term good. Motionless, he listened carefully to her response, refraining from analysis until she had finished. Some might consider it disconcerting, the intensity with which he paid attention to her every word and movement, but it was his way of showing that she had his undivided attention. When he wanted to understand something, he always gave it all of his focus. (("It is regrettable that the cause for your free time was something so dower; however, it pleases me to hear you found a fulfilling way to make use of your time. I understand your point about connecting: if you know something's history, then you can understand its current state. There is nothing silly about such a sound and logical concept that seems to have benefitted you greatly." )) Once again, he managed to find the most verbose and inflated way of saying something sweet, but at least he was saying something sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:28 pm
tab User Image

It was a bit odd to hear someone categorize Life as a department where you could have points administered. Victoria was unsure if he was downplaying the importance of his own being or the concept of dating. One of those two would have aggravated her more if she ever found out the truth. ”((I feel as though I’ve learned a lot. I don’t think that something I say too often on a date.))” The brunette smiled bashfully before brining another matter up. ”((Professor, do you value your life?))” Sure, it sounded like an odd question but it was an important one for her.

Okay, this could be something she could better understand. Time Management! Though she didn’t know what Jacob did at work, he could always effectively plan out his schedule to wean himself off the extra energy he was putting into his brain. Victoria was just thankful that she understood most of what he had been talking about. ”((Then, how about we get a pen and paper and work it out? I believe the saying “Strike while the iron is hot” applies to here?))” While she was helping out the abundant degree holder, this woman was trying to help herself too. Her good conscious couldn’t leave this matter alone since she was already quite deep in it. And assisting someone with their endeavors wasn’t a bad way to continue their date.

”((T-thank you. It probably isn’t something to thank you for but...thank you.))” That was probably really stupid! Thanking something multiple times was a bit unlike her as she attempted to readjust her posture. ”((What about your majors' professor? What made you want to pursue so many?))” It might have been her way to move the conversation to something that was a little less embarrassing. Being praised for something was not necessarily new, she had heard multiple people honestly compliment her for a past or present achievement. But with so much of her past being pushed forward again, the brunette wanted to tip-toe back to a safer topic.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:01 am
Hope the kind

tab User Image

People didn't usually learn things on dates? That sounded dreadfully dull. Or maybe she meant that most dates only provided information on themselves and general interest topics, whereas he had provided several science lessons. He hoped that was the case, otherwise the world of dating would be quite dull to him. Her question caught him off guard, yet, she had been accommodating enough to answer his questions, so it was only fair that he answer hers. (("I suppose I do. I do not value it over anyone else's life, nor do I think it is particularly rare and unique. The notion of sacrificing it to save someone else does not bother me, nor does the idea of dedicating it to discovery. I would say I value knowledge and discovery over my own life, but I do not see this as odd. Knowledge is eternal, my life decidedly is not. Sacrificing the finite for the infinite is a decided gain I would argue." )) Was that the answer she wanted to hear, or would she think it terrible that he found other things more important than his own existence? (("And please, no need to call me Professor. Last I checked you weren't having to pay tuition. Jacob will do." )) While it was sweet of her, he had enough people calling him Professor, if she started up on it, he might accidentally assign her tasks like he did with his grad students.

The notion of scheduling his day intrigued him, though he wondered how she would react to hearing what all he was working on. It had taken her quite a while to get used to the number of degrees he had, so he could only guess at how long it would take her to get accustomed to his busy schedule. He dug out some paper and a pencil. (("How do you propose we begin?" )) He asked blankly.

He didn't understand her nervousness in accepting the compliment, but maybe it was too strange of a compliment for her? Either way, she quickly moved the topic along to a logical segment. (("They were matters which interested me, so I decided to pursue them. I found that I could fairly easily follow multiple programs, so it was logical for me to study everything I could. Of course, given child labor laws, I couldn't apply my first degrees for quite a while, so the most logical use of my time was further study. Even once I was old enough to get a job, I still loved classes and learning, so I kept following a program or two while performing my other duties. Nothing so noble as your reasoning, I suppose, but it was what motivated me for better or worse." )) Academia was his home, and he truly felt comfortable in that setting. That and labs were the only places he really felt perfectly at ease.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:21 am
User Image
User Image

You can continue your date on Discord, Skype, Phone, PMs, or another form of instant messaging to complete your interaction that was left unfinished.

Whether you failed, passed or scored a successful date, you can collect a boost or two for your next date!
    Visit the Boost Shop to see the available boosts to you.

Got past the introductions: +1
Learned a new thing about the other: +1
Got along together: 0
Didn't make it to 10 posts: 0

Bonuses
+1 Got passed the first page.
+1 Extra courteous.

4/5

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Hope the kind

Alykia

Confident Dreamer