Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Carter x Masumi(Night Garden) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:42 pm
🛌 📚 💡 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !MASUMI ALARIC )
tab User Image
User Image tab (SINGLE)__________xxxx!!

"I apologize. I am just used to keeping the thoughts to myself." He often got lost in his own head, letting his thoughts plague him often. Him usually staying silent didn't help either. "I normally do not speak. I suppose this is the most I have said in a very long time." And it still bugged him a little to hear the sound of his voice. His gaze turned to look at Carter again, multicolored eyes watching him with interest in what he was saying. "Envy a past self? Hmm...then I envy the version of myself which tried many different meatballs when he tried finding the right flavors. They were all delicious."

He nods as the other man took the drink, his freehand falling to his side once again. His shoulders raised in a shrug as his gaze moved to the ground, freehand lifting back up to tuck his hair behind his ear. With his hair being silver, it captured and reflected a lot of the moonlight whenever it hit them through the trees. "I am not sure. I can't really say for sure what my value would be to someone else." Not really knowing what to say to what Carter commented on being blindsided by love. Though, he did in a way, agree with it. As far as he had seen in movies and around him.

">>Its okay. Thank you for going along with it for my sake.<<" He walked with Carter to the pond, kneeling down to stare at the koi fish as they dipped up to eat the food. ">>Listen?"<< He wasn't sure what Carter meant by listen, but he did move closer to accept some of the fish food with a nod. He would take a couple of pieces before he held out his hand and lowered it until he could gently drop in the food and watch them attack it. he almost envied fish for being able to hide underneath the water. But then again, he didn't really envy them. They probably had more difficult lives than humans did. A shorter lifespan, a need to procreate before that time is up. Predators killing you at every moment. He could relate to them, and that made him pity them, before he pitied himself.>>"Koi fish are pretty. We have some on the festival grounds at the school. They are usually tended to by a teacher there, but otherwise they are undisturbed. They have flourished rather well.<<

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:04 am
😈 💠 🦄 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Carter )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Unclaimed)__________xxxx!!

”Most people do that too.” But his statement was more along the lines of a whisper. While Carter had noticed the trickles of silence that would come from time-to-time, he could always feel that Masumi’s thoughts were often self-harming in some fashion. ”You’re not supposed to speak in a library. But out here, there are no rules. You could shout to the moon, whisper to the Koi fish, or talk to a flower like a dear friend.” This may have all sounded silly but the redhead had a face that made it look like he was being serious but not over the top. ”I’ve changed my choice. I envy that version of Masumi too. He was probably being a glutton and hoarding all the tasty meatballs I haven’t tried yet.” Yeah...Carter had a one-track mind when it came to food.

”You’ll never know what someone else is thinking unless you decide to ask. It works both ways.” He seemed to gesture towards Masumi’s moments of silence. ”Had I not pointed it out, you might have gone the entire date lost in your thoughts.” Carter didn’t reprimand the librarian. It was closer to expressing an observation and pattern he was seeing in the silver male. ”For example, I’m thinking about you and this date right now. I thought about how your hands feels in mine, how the moon looks divine tonight, and that we should see each other more often.” He looked towards their joined hands, the moon, and then to Masumi as he said all this. ”But you would have never known that if I didn’t speak up.”

”>>Anytime Masumi.<<” With a nod, he shifted his attention to the fish before taking a seat on the ground. ”>>Yeah, a lot of the flowers here enjoy singing. I’ll share it with you when we’re done with the fishes.<<” Glancing from Masumi and then to the Koi, Carter placed the fish food in between the two grown men. Envy and pity, these two feelings began to waft as the crimson-haired male looked towards Masumi’s eyes. The librarian was thinking about something again. And once more, Carter didn’t know what. ”>>They are. Did you know that different colored Koi fish have different meanings?<<” The man looked to the fish as he placed some food near the tip of his finger. Dipping it in the water, a wary Koi lingered nearby before plucking the substance and swimming away. ”>>Maybe you can send me a picture. Civilians can’t walk right into the school.<<” He tossed some food on the water’s surface and watched the fish gobble it all up. ”You should send me some photos with you and Koi in it too.”

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:12 pm
tab User Image

"I am not quiet because of where I work. I work where I do because I prefer being quiet." He would admit softly as he did the same movement as Carter to feed the fish, letting them take the food from his fingers. There was...an actual fond expression on his face as his fingers passed over one fish he just fed as they ran underneath his hand. He figured that they were probably used to being pet and fed often by now. And now he was chuckling as Carter spoke of being envious of old Masumi for eating different meatballs. "Then we will have to do some test runs again to see what you like most."

He takes his eyes away from the fish to look at Carter again as the man spoke up on his opinion on that comment. It wasn't really like Masumi could disagree with that. It made sense. Naturally, when you wanted to know what someone was thinking, you would ask. "I apologize." He would say quietly as he looked down at his pants, feeling a little embarrassed and almost ashamed that he was giving the impression that he would have been a space cadet the whole time. Did he give that impression? That he was bored and that he had to space out to get through it? It was hard to space out for him, when Carter was saying things that made his face turn red. It wasn't like it was anything extreme, but it still made him feel flustered.

His mouth would open, and he would close it, before trying again as he opened it once more. "Some things that you say fluster me. You are so honest in your opinions, and I am so used to not being anything like that."

He wasn't sure what he meant by singing, but he was intrigued to learn. ">>I didn't. Do you know what the different meanings are?<<" He asked as he looked at Carter once more. It now seemed like any time he looked towards the man, they immediately said something flustering. ">>I can take a picture of the koi next time I go see them."<< He wasn't sure why in the world, the man would want him in the picture.

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:00 pm
tab User Image

The crimson male glanced towards Masumi as they pointed out a correction. He didn’t seem phased by it as the Koi fish came and went. ”I know the phrase: Silence is Golden. Working in a library can be relaxing from what I’ve heard. If you get lonely, you can talk to her if you’d like. She isn’t much of a chatterbox unless you let her be.” His gaze hovered to the gift in the satchel before returning to the pond. ”The sooner the better.” He replied towards the meatballs. Because, with their lives not really in their own hands, who knows how much longer they had left to live.

”You’re fine.” With the can of peaches settled down at the ground, perhaps nearly empty, his broad hand went to gently rub the top of Masumi’s head. His intention was not to belittle the librarian but to coax him to come out of his shell a bit. ”I wanted to let you know what was going on. Make you aware of something that you weren’t aware of yourself.” His hand continued to soothingly touch the silver locks. ”What are you thinking about Masumi?”

Retracting his hand from Masumi’s head, he settled it down on the ground. It looked like his date was trying to say something. Carter waited patiently as the librarian began to gather his words. ”If you would like to be more honest in the future, you can try that with me.” He looked down to the silver man’s cheeks and then back into their distinctly colored eyes. ”Do you want me to take it easy on my honesty?” Meaning, if Carter was being too honest right now then he could keep his thoughts a bit more to himself.

”>>I know a bit. The color of a Koi fish can symbolize their place in a family. A black Koi represents the father, red for mother, while the white symbolizes the boy and the pink for a girl.<<” In a non-hurried manner, Carter began to speak more about the fish’s colors. He would point towards a particular fish, speak to them and ask them to come closer. Maybe this could have appeared silly but the crimson male looked serious as he talked to the aquatic creatures. ”Be sure to talk to the Koi when you see them next time. Maybe bring along Nessie and a good book in case the weather is nice. You could use the picture to start a conversation with me if you’re at a loss for words.” His fingers dipped in the water as it brushed against a red and white Koi. ”Don’t forget to send me a picture of yourself too.”

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:49 pm
tab User Image

"I don't...like...my voice. That is why I am silent. I have animosity towards its sound and it makes me angry." Because speaking always made things worse for him. Anytime he spoke, his father's ring would leave a mark on his face as he was slapped. And then across his brother's when it seemed like it wasn't enough incentive. For every word, Castielle would suffer twice as much. Until Masumi no longer spoke. Could no longer handle the sound that got his brother hurt. Things were different, but it still stuck with him."I will try not to waste much time in inviting you for more meatballs."

There was immediate tension as soon as he felt the hand on his head. His hand gripped his clothes and his eyes looked down in fear. He began to shake a little as shock settled in. It was almost as if he was bracing for the sting. Instead, he felt ruffling of his hair as his eyes closed. "Your hand is gentle. I am not really used to that." he admit out loud, eyes opening as the other's hand moved away from him.

"No, I would prefer you being totally honest than held back like me." It wasn't exactly like he thought his silence was a great quality. He knew that it wasn't beneficial, but he still couldn't help how being vocal made him feel. What it could have cost his brother if he continued to be as vocal being a child, as he was now as an adult.

His panic settled down by now, hands relaxed in his lap again as his posture stayed the same, but was less stiff.">>Would that be different when they are younger? Like if they are already born with the black, does it have a different meaning? And what of the multicolored?<<" He didn't expect carter to know for sure or anything. It was just something he was curious enough about to ask. ">>I would much rather you see them in person, but I am not sure what the process is to bring in a visitor."<< He watched the fingers of the red head touch the koi with the red coloration. ">>it would be interesting to see people come up with the same ideal for humans. Their hair color determines such a thing."<< His hand lifts up to his own hair, eyes looking upwards to look at his silver bangs. He wondered what the color of his hair symbolized. Neutrality?

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 pm
tab User Image

Masumi was forthcoming about his voice. Giving the silver male his attention, he made no motion to belittle or pity the man for something they were serious about. ”You’ve been talking a lot with me tonight.” He commented while thinking back on their conversation. ”While you’ve been talking with me, have you felt any anger?” With this, the vermillion male had not picked up the faintest trace of anger emanating from the librarian. ”Coming over tomorrow would be too soon for you, wouldn’t it?” Not only did it not give Masumi enough time to prepare the dishes, he probably needed some time to digest tonight.

”I’m not planning on hurting you.” His voice may have softened a bit. Their hand returning back to Masumi’s head, giving it a few gentle strokes. ”But I’ll prove that to you with actions than words.” Carter’s words seem to resonate with himself more as they placed their hand back on the ground.

”Alright then.” From looking at Masumi he turned to glance back at the number of Koi. ”You don’t have to hold back if you don’t want to.” Here, he was referring to the man being honest. Since the librarian was open about not liking his voice, it probably tied in with his ability to not verbally be honest.

It was a good question but he didn’t know the answer to it. >>”That’s something we can look up. There might be a book in the school library about it.”>>
                The colored Koi swam away when Carter began to focus on the moon’s reflection in the pond. ”>>What if you stayed with me while I was there?<<” Maybe the crimson man had a faint idea about the visitor rules in the school, but things could always change. If Masumi was with him then it might put people’s worries at ease. ”>>I don’t know about hair but the color silver has a few different meanings. Riches, wealth, as it can be a precious metal. A mirror to the soul, helping to show others how they are truly viewed instead of what our minds makes us think.<<” Carter looked to Masumi as they began to touch their hair. ”>>What do you think my hair color might say about me?<<”

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm
tab User Image

"I once felt annoyed by it, but I think I have been more interested in our conversation than the sound of it." The distraction of their talk was enough to help his mind only be focused on the content and not the voices providing it. Well, he at least found Carter's voice to be pleasant to his ears. So perhaps he focused more on his words than his own."Wouldn't it be too soon? Though we would be able to test things as we go, I still need to refresh ingredients and you might need some time in between. Not only that, but the next round of dates is tomorrow isn't it? Couldn't you possibly find someone that you would want to spend your whole day with?" There was a little bit of fear on his end of getting stuck with someone that he may not really enjoy being around next time, but he was trying not to think about it too much.

Though he is unsure as to why he was touching his hair so much, the man did enjoy the feeling of his fingers pushing gently through his hair. It was a strangely pleasant and somehow felt almost familiar. Had someone stroked his head like this before? For some reason, it felt like something Castielle would have done to him to calm him down when he was resting."I don't want to over assume what your actions may mean, so please do not be overly expressive if it isn't necessary or natural."

"My reasons are more than just a distaste for being expressive. So, I apologize if I am too difficult in that field." Expressing himself was hard for him to do at times. Sometimes because he didn't like speaking, and sometimes because of his "training" to keep his opinion to himself.

">>That may be possible.<<" He considered the idea for a little while, wondering if the school would allow someone in if they had to stay close to the person they were visiting. ">>I think that the school might have a process you have to follow the first time. After there was an attack, they are very careful about who they let in and often do background checks."<< He stared at Carter's hair for a moment, thinking about what Carter said of his own, before he thinks about what is known of the color red. >>"Red is often seen as the color of fire and blood. Passion and extremes."<< He looked at the color a little longer before moving his gaze down to Carter's eyes. >>"For you, I see energy, strength and determination. I do not know how you are with your passions, so I can't say that you are passionate, nor can I say that you would show great desire for something."<<

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm
tab User Image

Carter readily agreed with Masumi with a nod of their head. Even he felt like the silver male had grown invested in their conversation than how their voice grated their ears. In his own opinion, Masumi’s voice was by no means aggravating to his eardrums. The redhead turned from the fish towards the librarian as food became a part of the conversation once more. ”Maybe. And you’ll need a taste tester there when you’re trying a new recipe.” The ruby eyed man pondered if he should bring groceries but coming over unannounced was already talked about earlier. ”Yeah, it is.” He responded towards the next round of dates. ”I could find someone or I could not. Taste-testing different dishes sounds better than going on a date with a stranger.” Their vision fell to their joined hands while he squeezed Masumi’s in a reassuring matter. ”What would you rather do tomorrow?”

Glancing at his hand, that touched Masumi’s hand, he pondered over the use of “over assuming”. Fingers slowly curled into his palm before they rested on the grassy terrain. ”Am I being too expressive?” Carter knew that his honesty was at a level that the librarian was getting accustomed to. But his physical actions, it made the Exile member think just a bit about them. ”Everything I’ve done has been natural.” He certainly didn’t do anything that was out of pity for the Alaric male. ”Are my actions making you uncomfortable?” He pondered while glancing from the silver male’s face and then back down to their joined hands.

”You’re not being difficult as far as I can tell. Thanks for letting me know, it helps to know so that I don’t have to assume anything.” His lenses shifted back to Masumi’s face before offering the peach drink. ”You should have the last bit. And thanks for letting me drink from it. It was refreshing.” Carter smiled a bit.

”>>Yeah, people sometimes talk about what happened on the streets.<<” Whether it was covered in the paper or not didn’t stop the citizens from whispering about the horrors that happened that day. As for the background check, he was vaguely interested if anything would pop up. ”Energy….” He looked back on all the things that required a great deal of it. That included missions, sparring in the HQ, his basketball matches with a P.I and other residents of the city and wandering the city just so he wouldn’t have to stay seated in one place for long. Though, nightly walks were leashed considering a certain something. ”I can see that, along with the later.” He could recall all the crazy things he did to get his memories. It wasn’t short of the word “extreme”. ”Strength?” Carter asked, curious why that word, in particular, was used to describe him. ”Don’t underestimate my desire for good food.” He reminded the librarian.

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:14 pm
tab User Image

Masumi stayed quiet again. but not because he didn't want to be expressive, but because he didn't have more to contribute after he nod his head in agreement. However, after the other spoke, he looked out over the water and the koi. "You would probably be eating somewhere with them though. You could still eat." he would point out, his eyes turning to Carter before his shoulders shrugged. "I would rather be home I think. making the food was fun." he already felt the dread of being stuck with someone new who may not be so nice or understanding. He was lucky these last two times, somehow he wasn't feeling so lucky for the next one.

He followed Carter's gaze dipping down towards their hands, his head shaking as he turned away from them again. He was trying to avoid feeling flustered by it again."No, you have been perfectly okay so far." He would admit softly, trying to reassure the man that his action thus far, were not something that he had to worry about. That Masumi was only referring to future things.

"Ah, thank you." He would take the can with his freehand, and sip what was left. It was what people would call an indirect kiss, but he wasn't sure if it was something to get flustered over. A real kiss for him, would be a big deal. Mainly because he has never shared even a kiss with another person.

">>Mhm. I don't know why, but I get the impression that you endue things that happen to you through inner strength and willpower."<<" he would clarify a little bit before he shrugged his shoulders, not sure what else to say after that. It was a little embarrassing to admit that your baseless thoughts made you have an impression on someone.">>I am sorry if I am far off."<< he would lower the can before he chuckled and nod his head. >>"yes, i suppose I did almost forget about your passion with food. Forgive my mistake."<<

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:59 am
tab User Image

Carter remained quiet as he looked over at the pond with Masumi. It wasn’t until he was peering at the lotus flower that he responded. ”That won’t happen because I’m planning on this to be my last.” He looked to the librarian to give them their full attention. ”Do not misunderstand. I am not saying that you were a bad date. I enjoyed it very much and I still am.” His expression softened a bit as he squeezed his hand. Their vision went to their joined hands as another small squeeze was given. ”It just...feels good and relaxing to be around you. My next date won’t be anything like you. They could work in a library, make Swedish balls and treats, treat their gifts kindly, converse about matters that won’t change our world but how we can perceive it, feed Koi fish; we could do all that and it wouldn’t be the same experience. I already envy my past self for experiencing all that. He really has no consideration for the future me.” He looked up to the moon without adding any initial clarity. It felt a bit draining to go out to meet so many people. Why couldn’t he just stop at the one date that made him feel content? Time was dwindling down and their date would have to come to a sad conclusion. ”I’d like to come back here with you again.” The words were stated in a whisper. Whether they were for Masumi, himself or to the moon up above them wasn’t not made explicitly clear. He closed his eyes as another breeze blew on by.

”Tell me when it becomes too much. I don’t have a mind-reading peculiarity.” Though he could always make some good guesses based on how their body communicated to him, he wasn’t a particular doctor. Carter’s thumb rubbed the back of Masumi’s hand as his eyes slowly opened up. This was not to test the waters, but to further assure that they wouldn’t do something against the other’s wishes. He already knew what it felt like to not have control over his own actions. It was a terror that could not so easily heal.

Carter reflected on his past actions. There were some that fit that perfectly, others had to be forced and some were a no go. ”>>It’s fine. It isn’t too far off.<<” He could think of a particular Exile member that tested his willpower. That one was a true struggle. Next time, someone should send a memo to that Russian man that Carter’s life wasn’t something he could dangle in front of his face. A note should probably be sent to that other linguist in town as well. ”I thought you might grow tired of me talking about your food. Especially when I really did enjoy every bite.” Too much of anything could always be a bad thing. So the brakes probably needed to be pushed here.

Taking back the Koi fish food, it was placed back in his pocket. A quick glance was given to the calm pond before he gazed back at the silver man. ”Ready to see the rest of the garden?” Carter began to stand and would assist Masumi if the man was feeling a little light on his feet. They had rested a bit but that didn’t mean the waves of weariness would disappear like -snap- that. ”I promised to show you the flower’s singing.” He glanced at the nearest flower but began to shake his head. ”But it is more like a large orchestra right now. They couldn’t settle on a lead singer so they focused on harmonizing their music instead.” They began to grow closer towards the bountiful colors of plants. His attention locked on something until he began to turn to Masumi’s direction. ”Do you trust me enough, Masumi?” He asked for permission to use his peculiarity to help the librarian dive into his world. This may have all sounded foolish. Flowers, coming together to create music?! Clearly, someone sounded like they were off their rocker! Still, the man appeared resolute as he gazed into the silver male’s eyes.

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 am
tab User Image

There was that initial blink of surprise, and then panic started to set a little, his freehand gripping his pants as he became concerned that he messed up. Was it something he had said before? He was aware that he wasn't exactly the best person to speak to sometimes, but he didn't think that he messed the date up that bad! he tenses up immediately when Carter gives him is attention. He felt nervous enough to fidget with his glove just a bit with his freehand. While he was expecting for Carter to get real with him in a more negative way, he got something entirely unexpected. "Oh..." He was glad that Carter clarified that for him, but once the other continued, the tension rose again. But once more, he was surprised by the words and rendered speechless. As he listened to Carter's words, his face started turning red to his ears again, and he felt his heart rate beat a little faster. With their hands being linked, he was almost certain that Carter could probably feel it. "I don't want to go on another date." He said quietly as his hand gave Carter's a soft squeeze. "Instead of going on a date with a person who may end up boring me, I think I would want to make kottbullar for you to taste test instead." He enjoyed their walk, the things they talked about, the feeling of the other's hand with his own, the laughs that he actually let go. He enjoyed, for once, the words that he shared with this person and how pretty the garden scenery was. It was hard to think about there being an end to everything. There was so much more he wanted to learn. "I don't want to leave..." He would whisper himself as he looked at the pond again. Leaving meant that he would have to go home. He didn't want to face that reality yet.

His head nod in agreement to his words, wondering to himself what exactly was Carter's peculiarity. Somehow he felt like it has something to do with his quirky aspect of speaking to different objects. Could he really hear voices that no one else could? Masumi gave another one of those small smiles that could be easily missed if you weren't looking. "No, I am happy that you enjoyed it. I take it as flattery and am satisfied that I could give a gift that had some meaning to you, as you have given me." Though it was a gift of different magnitude, he did really love the little lockness monster bookmark friend that could hold his place in his books.

"Mhm." he stood up slowly with Carter's help, a little disoriented still, but able to lean again the other a little for support until he was standing okay on his own. He was just glad that the wobble he had before, which made him look like a calf just born and unable to stand completely, was gone this time.

">>It must be interesting to hear. Is it something you can hear all the time?"<<" What would it be like to hear the sound of flowers singing, he wondered? Would Carter really be able to show him? if so, he didn't think that he could ever look at his pot of growing roses in the library window the same again. He would forever hear the sound of the flowers singing. >>"Yes, I want to hear what you do."<< Even if it was just a preview of what Carter could hear.

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 am
tab User Image

Was there a better way of phrasing what he said? Maybe there was as Carter observed the librarian grip his pants. They continued to stroke the back of the man’s clothed glove. This did not cease during the entire conversation. He could have pointed out the coral hue that appeared on Masumi face, but doing so would likely make the male feel more self-conscious. With just a small tilt of their head, his free fingers carefully moved towards the side of the librarian’s head. Moving some strands of silver around their ear. He was careful to not brush against the man’s skin, at least, to the best of his ability. The rosy hue reached up to the very tips of Masumi’s ears.
                And did Carter hear someone’s pulse-quickening? Yes. Though with all the silent squeezing being done, it didn’t seem like the redhead had to say anything about this matter. He could only imagine that the Alaric would probably grow flustered and perhaps light in the head. ”It sounds like a date then.” His fingers gingerly removed themselves from Masumi’s hand and rested on his own knee. ”Developing Stockholm Syndrome?” It was a playful reminder that they were both each other’s captives. ”Maybe I won’t let you leave.” His words were not foreboding of anything disastrous to come. It had a tease to it as he continued to look at the other.

The colored lenses blinked at the rarity that appeared on Masu’s face. He soaked it in while the man talked about how happy he was with the compliments. Taking a glance at the surface of the water and then to the surface of the moon, he pondered. ”The food was very thoughtful. I didn’t realize that I would miss my home.”

”>>Yeah. Unless I mute them or turn off my peculiarity.<<” Which, could be a hassle when you were listening to everything. It was just best to filter out convos unless they spoke about some keywords that interested you.

The flower Carter brought Masumi to was one of the lotus flowers floating along the pond. ”Close your eyes.” Slowly and carefully, he began to hold his hand up to cover Masumi’s vision. Skin-to-skin contact wasn’t necessarily made but he was fairly close. When the librarian finally did close their eyes, he began to show them a whole new world (maybe cue that music). The sound of the wind, the buzzing of the insect, running water; the whispers of nature began to die down till a small melody began to play. It took in the notes of nature and interweaved it to something a bit more. The flowers hummed with their beat, their sounds seemingly closer to instruments. No one stood out but something was shifting in the air.

”Here is another one but keep your eyes closed.” He gently pulled the other by the hands, walking in an amble manner towards a bed of flowers. Once more, music began to play but a distinctive voice seemed to radiate from the rest. A humble song began to resonate in their ears. It quieted it down to a hush not long after. Carter returned to looking at Masumi as the language of flowers died down from their partner’s ears. ”Sometimes, the things I hear can sound sweeter when there is something there to listen with me. It helps keep my sanity.”

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:38 pm
tab User Image

He let Carter's hand push back his bangs, his cheeks keeping that flush of peach pink on his skin as he watched the man quietly. He was still, careful not to move so that Carter's fingers did not brush against his skin. With Masumi being low on energy, and Carter being full, well...it was obvious where the transfer would go. He didn't want to drain the man. Nor did he want to end the peaceful silence.

Once his hands were released, his hands rest one over the other before sitting on his lap. His gloved flexed a little as he gently gripped his own hands, but his expression was not troubled as his actions may seem. It was soft and he looked almost amused with the comment on him having Stockholm Syndrome."Perhaps." Is all he would say with a chuckle, a small smile forming on his face again."I honestly don't dislike the idea of staying here forever." He said quietly.

"I wish I could do that with mine." It would be nice to be able to just shut it off so he didn't have to always wear clothes that completely covered his body on hot days, and gloves that made his hands feel sweaty. The summer was the hardest on him since he got hot quickly.

They were stopped in front of lotus flowers, his eyes closing as he was instructed, ears perking up to all sounds that might appear. he could feel the hovering of Carter's hand, and the warmth radiating off of it, but no real touch came. And almost envied those who could touch someone without worry. But envying them won't do him any good. And it didn't even matter much longer, as he gasped softly when he started hearing music. Normally, he would chalk it up to Carter using a radio or player of some kind, but it was too up close and personal. It was too close and real sounding to be digital. You could always tell with such things. "Its beautiful."

He let Carter lead him by his hands, listening to his instructions to keep his eyes closed. This time, there was a beautiful voice, singing among many other voices. It almost reminded him of Celtic singers he had heard before. he was silent as he listened to the song, his lips parted slightly as he listened in awe of the music. Was it always like this around nature?

he would wait until the music started to die down, and Carter spoke again, before his eyes opened and he looked at the flowers. He crouched down, hands resting on his knees as he stared at the flowers which were illuminated by the moonlight. "You all sung so nicely." he would say softly, his memory recalling the sound of the voices as he closed his eyes to recall it. Soon, he stood up and turned to Carter with a soft smile, this one more visible than his others. ">>Thank you for showing me. I will consider it as another gift."<<"

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:26 pm
tab User Image

The comment made Carter glance at some patches of grass that stuck out from the rest of the surroundings. This little playful gesture that they were both kidnapping each other was all rather humorous. ”We can come back here.” It didn’t have to be tomorrow or the next day. These were all plans for something in the future. There was no need to explain that they couldn’t sustain themselves in this garden. They would have to leave, go back to work, find food, take a s**t, etc. ”It is a nice place.”

”Turn off your peculiarity?” Carter felt as if he knew the answer to that question. ”It should be possible.” He did hear that there was a mechanic who made such items. Though his price was fairly reasonable, Kim's attitude was touch and go with certain folks.

Carter wasn’t expecting Mitch to crouch down to the flower. The floral pieces would giggle like school girls at the compliments. If they had facial expressions and bodies, they would have huddled together and have all been blushing. His hand naturally gravitated to the head of silver, stroking it once before it rested on their shoulder. ”>>They are happy that they can have an audience who can listen and appreciate their music. Flowers tend to be social, but not all of them. Some do best by themselves while others like to be around other flowers. Each has their own personality.<<” Even a flower of the same species would have its own quirks. Maybe that would come as a surprise but it was something Carter observed and listened with these plants.

His hand drifted down their shoulder, to their arm and back down to hold Masu’s hand. ”>>Think of it as a Thank you gift. Nessie was something I thought my date would like. But these flowers, their a gift I though you might like.<<” There was a key difference here and it was up to Masumi to pick it up. ”>>Where would you like to be kidnapped to next?<<”

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:59 am
tab User Image

He nod his head when Carter mentioned coming back, already looking forward to seeing the gardens again. He would probably even come on his own if he really wanted to see it. Though he would probably just think and look back on this night fondly. It has been a pleasant date on a pleasant night. You know, if you took out his brother being a total d**k to him before this. If Castielle didn't interfere, he might not have been able to come on this date. Wouldn't have met Carter.

"Yes, my peculiarity...makes being close to people very difficult." So he didn't get close without a hefty layering of clothes and gloves over his skin. As long as he could prevent someone from touching him, he would be fine."It would be nice if it was possible." He said quietly. Though there were things to make that happen, it was impossible for him in particular. Blocking his peculiarity meant that he would receive more beatings than normal until it was working again.

"They truly were all stunning." he would listen to Carter's explanation, and look up at him as the man's hand stroke his hair and rest on his shoulder. There was always that small fear of Carter touching his skin, but the man seemed to be careful of that. As if he caught on that this man whose skin was entirely covered below his neck, was trying to avoid the contact on his skin.

He felt the hand travel back to his own, gently gripping it in return as he stood up straight and backed up from the flowers to give them space.>>"Thank you. it is a gift I will treasure regardless."<<

He glanced around the garden, looking at the different sections that were available to tour.>>"They have a section with rare plants. Should we go see that?<<"

Hope the kind

[Forum Graveyard]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces