User Image x User Image

((Bringing over from Discord))

Fable
Sparrowflight couldn’t shake the bitterness that came with all her questions. She’d been struggling with them since the end of the battle, end of her clan as she knew it. She’d slept restlessly, patrolled angrily, and overall had a demeanor change like no other. Where was the little sparrow cat who took enjoyment of flitting here and there to help her clan mates?

She was without a clan was what. No, Lightning clan had done very well to adopt her and the other Starclan aligned cats, but it wasn’t home. It wasn’t the place she grew up in, hunted for the first time, was named a Warrior in. She loved her new clan, but the bitterness of losing her last one still clung tight to her pelt. It just wouldn’t feel right until she could let go of the past, but that couldn’t happen with all the questions surrounding it.

She didn’t know what answers she could get, but she supposed there was no pain in trying. To see Starclan’s side. To understand why they were having to go through all this misery. She mostly wanted to know that it wasn’t their fault, not like Shadowstar had said. She couldn’t believe that Starclan would sacrifice one of its own…

So when sleep came, she found her paws walking the golden grass lined ground. Her ears swiveled trying to catch the sound of another cat, “Hello?” she called softly. It was a weird thing to be doing, to be able to come so close to Starclan. She hadn’t really tried it since the gateway had been opened. Was it fear or what, but here she was now without a clue how it worked.

Luna
Fowlfoot spent most of his time these days training those who came to visit him in their dreams, wether he had wanted too or not. There were even some brief skirmishes with one or two stray Forestclan cats still seething over everything that had happened. Fowlfoot took pride in driving them back but inwardly he wept for those Starclan had lost, both alive and already celestial. Those who had been ripped from their place of afterlife now doomed to simply not exist. Sometimes it made him weary even though living among the golden plains of Starclan made that impossible.

Still, he felt something tug at his fur, as it usually did when someone dreamed and found themselves with a one on one with the past Lightningclan Deputy. As he heard the voice called out to him he stopped in his tracks, turned around and simply sat, waiting. "Here young one." he called back in response, watching a tiny figure emerge. A brown she cat, once Rockclan if he recalled, recently blessed by Starclan for her prowess. He noted the blue around her eyes and on her tail tip and smiled. "Come for training? Or...." he paused, noting the look plastered about her features. "Ah, something else then." he half chuckled before letting out a soft sigh.

As she drew nearer, he motioned with his head for her to join him. "Come. Sit, tell me what ails you." he spot, his voice soft, his pale green tipped paws nestled closely together, ears alert and matching green eyes gentle.

Fable
Sparrowflight hadn't expected what she found. It didn't take much wandering for her to happen upon one of Lightningclan’s own. Her heart ached at the sight of him, the rush of memories of the battle hitting her all at once. They had lost so much...

"No, no training." the words left in a sort of sigh. She prodded on over to him and sat herself before him. He held himself so elegantly, his presence back home was surly missed she was sure. She'd never had the pleasure to work with the male. "Everything just feels... wrong. It doesn't seem like anyone really understands what happened and why." she said, jumping right in. "Who even won, if there could be a winner in such a thing or who is to blame... I mean, I blame Forestclan for your loss, for Rockclan's lost, for it all, but Shadowstar..." she shook her head, trying to calm her voice down before she continued "She blames Starclan of course..."

Luna
The she cat was troubled, so troubled that his ears fell flat against his head in sorrow for her. Of course, he couldn't blame her either. Who could even think straight after all that had happened? Some days even he couldn't. Sighing heavily, he mentally recorded all of her questions. Could he even answer them all? Then again, Starclan's path had led her to him instead of Shatteredstar, he only hoped he didn't disappoint her.

"I'm not sure anyone really won, though if I had to personally pick.... sadly I'd say Forestclan." he said then shuddered, recalling how the battle had started so quickly, Jaggedstar's last life being ripped from him in the blink of an eye. "At least, it feels that they walked away with so much more in their favor." he frowned, his ears now pressing harder against his head. He sat a moment in silence before he shook himself and those thoughts away. She wasn't here to be made to feel worse. "But Starclan still persists. We are re building as we can. We have not abandoned you." he said and stepped forward, pressing his nose into her forehead breifly.

As she mentioned Shadowstar, Fowlfoot shivered. He too recalled the battle, having been attacked on all sides by multiple cats, Shadowstar, back then Shadowsong, particularly strong. The she cat held such a grudge against him that sometimes he swore he could feel her ripping through the veil to get to him. "But Shadowstar indeed. And I'm sure she does." he half chuckled, though it was mostly a nervous one. "She's very strong she cat, in more ways than one. She holds strong to her beliefs, and really who could blame her." he shook his head gently and glanced at the brown she cat before him, studying her expressions.

Fable
She nodded slowly at his words, feeling her heart sinking. Of course, she knew all this. Had she hoped someone here could tell her otherwise? She felt the loss because it had been one. A big one. Bigger than she had ever expected. You always expected borders to change or cats to be lost to leafbare. Never a complete take over in one instance, at least one always hoped not.

First the dogs now this…

His nose to her forehead swelled her with pride. “No, I would never believe Starclan to abandon us!” she said with all the gusto she felt. She didn’t believe Shadowstar, didn’t believe that Starclan had caused this, brought this sorrow and pain on itself! She looked up at him, her eyes shining in pain but joy as well. She was loyal, but that loyalty was because they’d always stood by her and her clans, through thick and thin. Still, where had all the conflicting information come from? “There is just so much confusion for me. I truely believe it was Forestclan’s doing that sent everything spiraling, but to assume Starclan’s silence did it when Starclan said they’ve been trying to communicate with Forestclan? Its just… a mess…”

A soft chuckle came from the female, her ears lifting some from their sorrow, “That she does. I suppose I match her in her fervor, just for Starclan.” she turned her head looking off into the distance. What a beautiful place to live out your lives. “I just hope she doesn’t mislead her clan into believing Starclan has abandoned them as well. It could create such animosity between the clans…” she didn’t want to see a battle like that again if she could help it.

Luna
To see such loyalty and dedication to Starclan still, even now, made Fowlfoot swell with pride. He smiled softly and chuckled at her ferocity in her statement. However it was quickly replaced with a frown at what she sad next. "Starclan tried to speak to you. Shatteredstar tried so many times but Forestclan prevented us. Stood in our way. It's not that we didn't want too...." he sighed and shook his head again, eyes down cast. "Forestclan wan'ted to be recognized as their own entity. We tried to stop them. Sometimes I wonder if that was wrong of us."

After another moments pause he cleared his head again. "Starclan is proud to have you as an ally, that is for certain, otherwiseyou would not have been recognized, Sparrowflight." he purred loudly, his plae green eyes shut with true happiness, even if for that brief moment. Her words seemed to ring true and he couldn't help but wonder if he was the one that needed guidance in this moment rather than her. "Let us hope not, however I would be lying if I said I don't think she will. The clans seemed in favor of her however.... suppose Forestclan guides them now." he shook his head, his posture slightly deflating as he wiped a paw over his whiskers.

Fable
Sparrowflight was on her paws at his words, nodding madly. Apparently the topic really touched her, “Yes! I know they tried, that’s what I tried telling the blind fool…” she practically hissed it before lowering herself down, bowing her head in embarrassment. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t speak about a leader like so.” She lifted her head just enough to caught the look that came over his face. She scooted closer to him, pressing a nose into his shoulder, “Hey now.” she spoke softly, “We did what we believed was right. We followed the code. We… can’t question that now or else we might lose sight…” the words were almost ringing true for herself. She nodded firmly at them. Yes, had to keep hope and trust alive.

She sat back and blinked at him, lowering her head again in acceptance of his words. She felt humbled by them, but her heart soared as well. A small grin turned up her lips, tail tip swooshing. “Thank you, Fowlfoot.” she spoke softly, lifting her chin so her eyes met his, her purr matching his. “I wear the blessing with pride. That Starclan would turn their face to me and notice me? There… are no words.” she leaned over and groomed the blue tip of her tail, flicking it happily when she was done.

“Me either.” Sparrowflight agreed downhearted. “I understand her emotions even if they’re for different clans. So I could see where that bitterness could mislead them all. Its why I am seeking… seeking to understand before it ruins me.” She stood and motioned with her head at him. “Lets walk. The last I was here wasn’t pleasant. I think I’d like another view of this place if you don’t mind.”

Luna
Fowlfoot found amusement and joy in her enthusiasm. Her nose press against his shoulder was met with a brief sipe of a pink tongue across her head before he got to his paws, nodding, letting her set the pace. He tilted his head as he watched her, wondering if some day he might be assisting in blessing her with nine lives, declaring her Sparrowstar. The thought amuse him though for his old apprentice's sake, he hoped Brightstar's remaining lives lasted for quite a long time. But then there was still Thistlethrush as deputy and part of him sighed in slight amusement.

"It's quite alright Sparrowflight. It's a fine line leaders walk. Leader's word is law after all but that doesn't always mean that word is right. Unfortunatly cats can take a different path then even Starclan expects and those paths are not always good. I think I'd prefer Shadowstar to stick to her beliefs than lead her clan down a dark and horrible path." he meowed softly, glancing over to the small brown she cat next to him, watching the golden grass part as they stepped.

"I hope from now on, the onyl visions of Starclan you are able to see is that of peace and the wonder that is spending the afterlife here. Endless hunting, never tiring." he spoke gently, glancing all around him. If he wasn't already almost made of stars and space dust he might have been glowing with pride.

Fable
Sparrowflight beamed at him and his kindness. It felt like a weight was being lifted off of her shoulders and she almost felt... Normal. Like the old Sparrow was deeply buried under all the bitterness and confusion she'd had piled on herself after the battle. She didn't like it, didn't like what she had become. It felt so good to be honest with someone and have it met with understanding. She felt endebted to Fowlfoot for his time and wisdom.

"You're right." she said with a firm nod. "I can appreciate that of the she-cat. If she will stick by them and not sway..." she let the words die on her lips. Nothing else needed to be said. Only the future knew what the new leader would do in leading her clan. She'd just have to wait and hope for the best. Instead her mind needed to be focused on her clan and how she could best support it.

Sparrow looked up at him, ears forward and eyes sparkling,"It's amazing. It really is. It's almost bittersweet to think I'll have to leave such a wonderful place soon, but honestly I know my calling isn't done. There are still so many unknowns and with leafbare coming..." her words trailed off. She couldn't even begin to fathom how they'd make it with the territory so over hunted. She pressed the thought away, "I can't imagine how wonderful it is to spend your days here."

Luna
Fowlfoot chuckled softly and glanced ahead before back at Sparrowflight. "It really is, isn't it." He said, more affirmation than a question. There was no doubt in his mind this was a beautiful place and he was lucky to be granted a chance to continue to 'live' here. "Don't be so hasty to reach here though. A strong cat such as yourself deserves to live her life.. or lives..." He paused and winked at her. "...to the fullest. While I know Starclan would welcome you with open paws, I'd hate to see your journey cut short. I believe you will accomplish alot Sparrowflight. " He nodded firmly, belief behind his words. He
couldn't tell the future not say what hers held but he truly believed she'd accomplish great things, even if that was simply continuing Lightningclan with strong and loyal kits.

He paused a moment, eyeing her, recalling she had first been Rockclan, before the chaos of the celestial battle. Pity that things couldn't have returned to normal, back to Rockclan and Lightningclan, both leaders still alive and well. He found it best not to drudge up more painful memories however. "I hope I've helped ease your mind at least a little?" He tilted his head with a soft smile.

Fable
She laughed at him and shook her head, "As beautiful as it is it isn't enough to tempt to rush into anything. If anything it helps set my resolve to do my best for my clan, so that when I do come to rest here... It would be well deserved." She signed heavily at that, looking around. What ever could she accomplish to deserve such beauty? Nothing, but she'd do her best.

Her eyes went wide at him and she sputtered a minuet. "Lives!" she laughed and shook her head "I don't know a cat who wouldn't dream of the honor, but I am quite content where I am currently. Of course, if Starclan ever called me..." she trailed off just haulting her thoughts. She finally caught his teasing wink and playfully bumped his shoulder with hers- and here she was digging herself a grave of words she didn't even know where they were going! "I mean, Starclan guide my paws wherever it takes me." she finally settled on "And I appreciate your confidence in me. I hope I never let you down."

She stopped beside him, tiling her head curiously. She smiled softly and nodded at him, "Oh yes, I can't express how much. I feel a little normal again. Of course I don't think I'll ever be back to that carefree place, too much has happened, but I do feel like my head is clear enough for me to focus up again. I can't thank you enough for that."

She hesitated a moment, "Would you mind if I came back? I mean, in my dreams of course." she teased.

Luna
Fowlfoot laughed again. She was proud of her self yet humble at the same time, sometimes, he wondered, if a little too humble. "Starclan has already blessed you. While I can't say for sure your path would ever lead to being a leader, I think you've already made a home for yourself here....when your time comes." he nodded reassuringly before smiling at her next words. "We can't exect anything better than loyalty and the willingness to listen. Both of which you;ve proven."

He paused then, just slightly a head of her as he took in a deep breath and let it out, his fur glittering like the very stars in the night sky. Turning back towards her, his smile was kind and welcoming. "Oh, you mean I'd have to wait longer for you to join us?" he laughed, teasing. He didn't mean if of course. He hoped Starclan blessed her with so much more life to come. "Of course. If one good thing came of this, its that the barrier is down. If you ever need anything, all you need do is dream and I will find you."