Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
The Fox and the Flame [Foxfur x Flamedapple]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:30 am
User Image

Flamedapple found herself separated from her offspring whom she still referred too as her kittens despite the fact that they were now apprentices and old enough to take care of themselves... well, had they been truly normal. Shadowstar had taken them out with Russetstorm to show them the immediate territory around the camp grounds personally and what herbs Stonebelly needed that grew close by as well the lay of the land. She was certain Cardinalpaw was doing a good job at picking it all up but Bumblepaw worried her so. Sure he had two grown strong cats with them and they weren't too far from camp but still...

It was hard for the she cat, having previously spend just about every waking moment of her life attached to them like tree sap. It was a test for herself just to be ok with them not being right under paw. But Shadowstar knew best and she trusted the she cat with her ktitens lives. So here she sat, grooming herself a little frantically, ears constantly swiveling atop her head for any unusual sounds. Getting up, Flamedapple arched her back in a stretch then padded into the middle of the camp and sat down.

She needed a distraction. Starclan, send something...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:17 pm
User Image

Starclan answered her call.... And sent a foxfur. The tom walked in to the camp carrying a large rabbit and a pitifully small fish.... Shadowstar had asked him to try more fishing... well this is what he had.... He dropped the large rabbit and then the small fish backing up a bit. He wasnt watching and bumped into the one-eyed she-cat. "Oh!"

HE whipped around ducking his head. "So sorry! Here i caught a fish.... " HE retrieved the fish and turned. "Here! Sorry about running into you." He watched her expectantly! HE was pretty intense about hoping she would eat this tiny fish.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:52 pm
Flamedapple had about been obsorbed by her thoughts when Foxfur bumped into her. For a moment all her fur stood on end until she realized just who it was. "Oh, Foxfur...sorry, I was...." she blinked, the expectant tom suddenly dropping a tiny fish in front of her paws as an offering or apology. She couldn't tell which.

Blinking, she tilted her head, then sniffed at the fish, her one good eye watching his expressions. "Oh, thank you Foxfur." she said, softly purring as she bent down and quickly lapped up the tiny fish, its size making more of a snack than a meal but it at least hit the spot. Her gaze then turned on the rabbit. "Hunting was good today I see?" she asked, a small smile on her features. She knew this tom was a bit different than others and often saw him and his apprentice Bearpaw having interesting conversations. She almost wondered if she'd be drawn into one too?

At least it would be a good distraction for while her kits were out learning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 pm
Foxfur blinked and waved his tail. "My fault no problem... I should really watch where im going." He stared harder at her and the fish. He just wanted it to be said he fed the clan with his fishing... and he knew others would avoid the small fry.

He looked excited. Happy. His tail lashing, maybe too happy. It would be possible he almost looked like he poisoned it and was waiting for her to fall into a trap. But she ate it and he shook himself. "Right so anyway did i stop you from going somewhere?" He blinked and looked to the rabbit. "Yeah, honestly i spent as much time if not more catching that fish as i did the rabbit..."

He blinked his bright blue eyes and tipped his head. "A shame really that Shadowstar wants to try and turn me into a fish." He fluffed up a bit but then turned back to the she cat. "Right so you were saying you were thinking? Where were you?" His eyes were genuinely interested. He loved hearing cats thoughts.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm
The she cat tilted her head but couldn't help but laugh. "Well, the river is more prominent in our area... it can't hurt to know how to fish. Though it would be interesting if you suddenly sprouted fins and scales" she purred, laughing lightly, swiping her tongue over her paw then her paw over her face a bit before she settled back down and blinked at the orange tom.

Where was she?

Did he mean where her head had been?

"Oh...I.. wasn't really thinking about anything interesting...just..um, Bumblepaw and Cardinalpaw learning herbs with Shadowstar today...." she said shortly, sheepishly. Flamedapple was sure Foxfur wasn't really interested in hearing about her woes and worries. She stared at him a moment trying to gague his reaction, fearing she'd scare him away like everyone else. "Sorry if that's disappointing." her head dropped a bit, eyes to the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:28 pm
That set Foxfur to thinking. She better buckle down. "If i did.... I think it would be positively dreadful...." he swished his tail. "If i did... and nothing else changed... i would still hate water... and.... AND... then be forced into it... Or.... do you think having scales and fins would change my mind... Fish seem to like water afterall.."

Foxfur blinked. "Ah... right your kits... not surprised thats where your mind is... Afterall they are such a significant part of your life... I wonder... who would you be if you hadnt had them? Like me with scales... its just a thought of course... But you are a strong selfless shecat with them... Would you like the water without them?" He really was a little bit... confusing. But he was down the rabbit hole already.

"But... Since i have no fins and you have two wonderful kits... er... apprentices i guess... Its not surprising." HE tipped his head though. "Herbs? Are they training for medicine cats? Or are we taking up poison as a new defense tactic?" He sat in not hurry to go anywhere but deeper into her thoughts.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 pm
Flamedapple blinked.

She was trying really hard to understand Foxfur but the only thing that kept popping into her mind was the image of a cat with fish tail instead of a regular tail, little fins on their side and fur that turned into scales.

She then burst into laughter and had to take a moment to rub her face and stop. "Sorry, just... imagining you a part fish..." she purred as she positioned herself again, tail curled around her paws. Where would she be without her kittens? That was a question she'd never stop to think about. From the moment she found out she was with kit there was no doubt in her mind she wanted to raise strong cats. Only when things had seemed to go so wrong and that silver tom so.....uncaring did she have regrets. But not for having the kittens, no. For not being strong enough to have three healthy ones.

"I don't think I'd like the water without them." she said honestly, and with a smile. "And Shadowstar and I agreed that they might do well at being med cats. We'll see. Poison....might be interesting?" she half laughed again. Where did this cat get all his ideas from?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 pm
Foxfur blinked back.

Sometimes it took a few moments for foxfurs crazy to sink in. He waited for it. And then the shecat broke out laughing and he started. He laughed with her though. Never waste the chance to laugh. "Do i make a handsome fish? I think i wouldnt like being a fish at all. With their big mouths and glossy eyes!" He opened his mouth wide and opened his eyes wide too.

He tipped his head. "Hmmm Some cats were just meant to be queens... " He shrugged he wouldnt judge her choices. "They just seem to weigh on your mind... I just wonder if you would have been looking for a way back to the nursery or if you would be out and gearing up to be deputy some day."

He shrugged again. But then he pricked his ears. "REally? How wonderful! Do they want to do it?" He nodded. "There are some berries right? Hmm though cats dont eat carrion... i dont know how i would use it.... " He seemed to get lost in that thought a moment. "Right... so..." He shook his head. "So where do you want to end up? Now that your kits are apprentices, where are you going? Back to the nursery? Or to be the best warrior oyu can be?"

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:28 pm
Flamedapple smiled. "Peculiar, but yes, a handsome fish." she half laughed again, allowing ehrself to relax and calm down. Perhaps Starclan had answered her prayers, just not in the way she had expected at first. Still though, for as usually strange as Foxfur was, he was making sense today and she couldn't help but think about things.

Deputy huh? She laughed the thought off. Shadowstar had tried to recruit her for that but she declined. That wasn't the role she felt she wanted, especially not with kittens. Wildflower was much stronger she cat for the job. Still though, what did Flamedapple want to be? A queen again? Could she bring herself to have more kittens after Bumblepaw and Cardinalpaw? The thought was nice at least.... to give the two more siblings....maybe healthy siblings. About those two.. "Yes, I think so. At least, when I asked them, they agreed. I would hope they would tell me no if they didn't." she said as an after thought.

But also... to be a strong warrior? "Well I have been training a lot with Shadowstar lately so I can protect the clan...and my kittens. But... I can't say I hate the thought of...one day having more kittens either."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 am
Foxfur puffed himself up a bit at being called a handsome fish. He often tried to make sense which only made him talk in circles.

He cocked his head as she laughed. Had he said something funny? Perhaps. He didnt know what was going on in the shecats head but he waited and then nodded his head. "Well good then.It will be good to have more medicine cats... and perhaps they wont be as stiff as old stonebelly.." He laughed and then pricked his ears. "YOu are really close to your kits arent you?"

He nodded. "It seems everyone has been training with the leader, Riverclan will definitely be a force to reckon with." He twitched his tail. Well it sounded like she was content where she was at least. "Well... Perhaps you will find a tom to give you and the clan more kits! Would Bumblepaw and Cardinalpaws father be interested in helping again?" He was thinking out loud not privy to the fact that monarchstride was the father, he didnt tend to go nosing around for that info.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:30 pm
Riverclan was becoming a force to be reckoned with, and that wasn't bad. That actually made her feel safer having chose to follow her best friend and mentor here. For a strong while, well, she felt her heart and calling would lead her to stay with Lightningclan. Now? Not so much. Her family was here. She was indeed close with her kits. That was an understatement. She laughed. "Is it odd that I am? I see other Queens sometimes....and wonder.. if I'm any good at it." she said honestly, her whiskers twitching a bit.

When he mentioned their father, something seemed to switch inside her. Her fur bristled and she snapped her head in Foxfur's direction, giving him a rather death like glare before realizing what came over her. Her eyes went wide with panic and sorrow. "I'm sorry! I... no. No he wont. He... he never cared about us anyways." she hissed slightly before craning her head to try and smooth her fur down, feeling terrible she about took his head off. It wasn't his fault, he didn't know. She half expected him to leave now.

He probably would leave...though she hoped he wouldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:33 pm
Foxfur sat there looking at her inquisitively as she pondered. He tipped his head to the other side, "Not at all. though there are Queens who pretty much forget they had kits when they leave the nursery... So i think its admirable. " He flicked his tail and then shrugged. "They survived and are living their own lives... what else could you have done? I mean they are medicine cats, or on the tract to be? The only thing higher is Deputy or leader... and they aernt old enough for that yet..."

Still plenty of time for them to become even greater. He hopped up and took a step back at how fiercely she reacted. He wasnt afraid really and sat back down. "Fascinating." HE leaned in to study her good eye, "What an amazing and instinctual reaction." He flicked his ear back and looked down. "Ah, sorry... Thats... hard... you should have a tom that cares about you... Most Queens dont have to raise their kits alone... Usually the tom dotes on them... I know i would have doted on you." He lifted his chin. "Just means you are a more amazing queen than i thought you were before if thats possible."

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:46 pm
She was shocked that he hadn't left.

And grateful.

And happy.

If her fur wasn't red, however, she'd probably would be from how quickly her skin flushed from his words. He'd... dote on her? Was that really how that mated...relationship...thing worked? "R....really?" she asked softly, staring into his eyes as he stared into her one good one. For a moment she wished she could see him with both. For as silly as his words were....his features were really handsome.

Shaking herself she glanced around at her paws a bit. "I think you maybe think too highly of me." she laughed, rubbing one leg with her other in nervousness. Amazing? Her??? "I only did what I felt was right for my kittens." she blinked again, though allowed herself a small smile. "They really do impress and inspire me." she said softly again before blinking up at Foxfur. "You know... I guess.. I've never really seen...what a real tom is like... Longclaw and Rivermist aren't exactly your average couple." she laughed a bit again before shifting her paws in place.

Glancing up at him, she purred softly. "Thank you.... Foxfur." she said and reached out, pressing her nose into his cheek.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:03 pm
To be fair he had wavered when she attempted to chew his nose off... but otherwise... why would he?

Foxfur blinked. "Really what? Would i have doted on you? Of course! If you were my queen you would have had to shove me out of the nursery... I would have wanted to see every new thing... see their eyes open... see them walk." HE frowned. "I would have wanted to be there to mourn with you when we found out that bumblepaw couldnt hear... I would have wanted to try a million times to get them to say my name... " HE flicked his tail.

He shook his head. "There are queens who would have abandoned bumblepaw when they discovered he couldnt hear.... that alone makes you an amazing queen. So i can only go up from there." He flicked an ear. "They are pretty impressive..." But her next line made him blink. "Longclaw and Rivermist.... are mates?" Color him oblivious.

He rubbed his cheek up against hers. "No clue what for... but you are very welcome." He pulled back and rasped his tongue over her ear . "I am due for patrol... wanna come?"

(Figure thats a good end, you can start another rp if you like xD)  

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces