User Image x User Image

((Bringing over from Discord))

Fable
Bitterleaf didn't mean to be a creep. He'd just started to notice a pattern with Fowlfoot and the curiosity of it was killing him. So there he was, surrounded by the golden plains, watching the two cats cuddle up together. The jealous part of him was pained, but the other curled a smirk up his lips. He saw something that they obviously were missing. Silly, cats.

He felt the loss with his friend as the she-cat slowly disappeared and returned to the waking world. He waited to let the other take in his disappointment of her leaving before he quietly padded up to him. He came to sit beside him, if not as close as the she-cat had been.

"So, when ya gonna tell her?"

Luna
Fowlfoot sighed, lingering a moment longer, pretending there was a figure of a cat beside him. When she had finally returned to the waking world, Fowlfoot stood up and stretched, his nub tail flicking slightly. For a few seconds he didn't hear Bitterleaf sneaking up on him and stiffled a hiss when the other tom cat finally spoke.

Raising a brow at him, he eyed the celestial tom. "Tell her what?" he blinked, before shaking his head and padding away. "Don't you have a Skyripple and Rosefur to entertain?" he grinned, eraching over to playfully bat at the others ears.

It wasn't that he was denying whatever he was feeling for Sparrowflight, but he knew it couldn't possibly work so what would he possibly tell her? This tom was daft. All he could do was hang his head a bit.(edited)

Fable
Bitterleaf snorted at the other "They got bored of me and started asking for you. I told them I'd find you for them. Didn't want them interrupting your moment." he eyed the other with a smirk before playfully batting the other's paw away from him in return.

He watched the other's expression change and he frowned slightly. So he wasn't denying it, then. That was good as least. He touched the other's shoulder with his tail tip to assure him. "What is there to worry about? Even if you were still alive there would be patrolling and hunting to do. Day time is always clan first and night is for the mates. There's nothing different in it... What could it hurt?"

Luna
Fowlfoot snorted. Those girls? Bored? Never. "You must be on some serious n** to think that they got bored." he laughed before waving it off.

Bitterleaf's next set of words is what made him pause however. What could it hurt? Nothing different? Turning to face the tom, Fowlfoot looked a bit serious. "She's still alive... I'm....not. That could never work. Not to mention thats cruel to her. I can't be there when she needs me most... when she's awake." he about hissed but didn't. He stopped and took a deep breath, trying to calm. He was sure Bitterleaf didn't mean it like that.... did he?

Fable
Bitterleaf made a side eye look like "Ok, maybe I managed to sneak away. Can you blame a male?"

He tilted his head curiously at the other "Haven't you been there already for her when she's been hurting? Aren't you the first one she comes running to when she needs someone most? You've already been fulfilling that for her." he grinned at the other, tail flicking in amusement. The male's denial was almost amusing to him, but then again it was never easy for the ones involved it seemed. Love was something funny.

His face softened, "I get the fear. Its... a really weird situation, but it seems to be working for her. Working for you too. How will you know if you aren't willing to try? Wouldn't it be better to know how she feels and you all figure it out together rather than tiptoeing around it and never knowing if it could be something more?"

Luna
Fowlfoot sighed. He didn't want to deny it but he didn't want to admit it out of fear that he'd end up hurting her more than loving her. There were just so many things that possibly couldn't be in his mind. Sure he could wish and hope but what could those change in the end? "No... It would be nice to know how she felt... but still. I don't want to hurt her either." he frowned.

If his tail could lash it would. He finally sat down and sighed, running a paw through the golden grasses. "What if she doesn't fully feel the same though?" he blinked at the other tom cat, an almost pitiful look on his features, one that didn't quite belong there.

Fable
Bitterleaf had to hold back a sad sigh at the other. He understood, he did. The other was so self sacrificing he was thinking about her the whole time. He had to give him credit, Bitterleaf had a lot to learn in that regard. He remained silent for a bit, just watching the other. "Hearts get broken every day, Fowlfoot. Our clan's were broken when we died, they break when a kit passes, but the thing is we also heal. If this is meant to be it'll work out right up until the day she passes and can be here with you forever. If it doesn't, its another life lesson that you two will have to go through and be stronger because of it. Maybe that lesson is more important than the pain either of you could ever feel from it not working out. Or maybe..." he grinned "Maybe its meant to be and you're going to provide her the support and help she needs to get through life with strength. Wouldn't be nice to let her make that decision for herself? What would hurt by letting her know and letting you two decide together?"

Bitterleaf laughed loudly, the grasses around them stirring as if it was laughing with him, "She visits you every single night. She was basically cuddling up to you now. I don't know how you don't see the way she looks at you 'cause its plain as day to onlookers." his tail tip touched the other's shoulder again, "I don't think there is a doubt in either of our minds what she's feeling. She might just be like you and wondering how you feel or worried to hurt you in return... But lucky for you, you have me to help you guys out." he nodded firmly, smirking. "In the end, its up to you Fowl. I won't force you into anything, I just want to see you happy, and I haven't seen you as happy as when you're with her."

Luna
Fowlfoot sighed again but somehow he also felt a bit relieved. Bitterleaf had a point. If he let her make the decission then... well maybe things wouldnt end up hurting her as much as he feared it would. Afer all, she was a smart cat, he trusted her judgement, even if that meant saying no for her own well being. "I suppose you are right. Shame you didn't leave longer." he grinned, tossing a playful wink. "Maybe you'd have just as many cats fawning over you as Skyripple and Rosefur do here." he paused and licked a paw.

"I guess I can let her know if she comes back again tonight." he half smiled, glancing back where he had just sat, swearing he could still almost see the indentations in the golden grass where she lay just moments ago. "Who knew you were such a softy, Bitter." he teased again, reaching out to gently cuff the other over the ears.

Fable
Bitterleaf's ears perked up as the male seemed to come around. "Yes, exactly! I can sometimes be right!" he laughed before flinching. "Eh, it was probably for the best. If I wasn't here to entertain those two they'd probably be haunting living male's dreams for some tail." he sighed heavily. "Though I won't lie, it would sure be nice to have some female wanting to visit me every night, but I'm not as easy on the eyes as you are." he snarked at his own words.

"Oh she will. There's no if ands or butts about it. It'll be her first day as a deputy she'll wanna report it all to you." he smiled softly at the other before throwing him a playful glare as he cuffed him "It's either entertain those two or watch a love blossom. You and Sparrow are way more entertaining." It wasn't the full truth. Sure, it had been entertaining, but both dying as a young Warriors left them both wanting for experiences they hadn't had alive. It wasn't an opportunity that came around often and he wasn't about to let his friend miss out on it.

"I wish you the best, tonight. Now, if you want some words of advice on what to say..." a playfully evil look came over his features. Probably not the best words were about to come out of the Tom's mouth just then...