User Image x User Image

((Brining over from Discord))

Fable
What a long day. Sparrowflight knew that being a Deputy would not just come to her, that she'd have a learning curve. Even so, she didn't expect to be this exhausted. A part of her knew it was also thanks to her amount of worry. She'd probably wound herself up too tight.

But now the best part of the day was coming, sleep. She curled up in the Warrior's den well after others had gone to sleep. She knew tonight would be a shorter night thanks to her duties in the morning, but she'd enjoy every second of it.

As sleep took her she found herself back in Rockclan. Her paws padded the same old patrol lines from a far off memory. A part of her wanted to weep. Why now? Why this? She watched the territory pass her, the emotions of the memory hitting her in waves. She didn't want to be here, she wanted to tell Fowlfoot about her first day as Deputy. 'Fowlfoot!' her dreaming mind reached out for him. How did she shake this?

As it continued her mind prickled- they were nearing the part of the river where LightningClan met RockClan territory. Would this end up the same way? Would there be a fight? She didn't want to dream about fights, she wanted the chance to relax with the male that made life feel normal. Still, it continued on and both parties came into view of one another.

Luna
Fowlfoot wasn't sure why she wasn't here yet. Usually she was prompt and on time but today felt late. Perhaps she was exhausted from her new duties and fell so deep into sleep that she didn't have a chance to connect to Starclan?

Half of him wondered if he should step into her dreams but the anticipation of what might come was too great. Deciding to seek her out, Fowlfoot gently waded into her dreams, glancing as familiar territories and scents came to him. He could see a patrol of Lightningclan cats nearing the border, a group of Riverclan....no, Rockclan cats on the other side. In between them all was Sparrowflight.

Purring softly, he decidd to step in sync with her dream, wanting to see where it went. Neatly he slipped into the Lightningclan patrol, weaving among the dream cats and stopping at the border. He held back a bit, waiting to see where her dream would take her yet still glancing over the other cats to see her. Standing towards the back of the group, he smiled softly, waiting to see if she noticed the clearly out of place cat as they came to a halt at the river's edge.

Fable
Sparrowflight followed the patrol, somewhere a mix of angry and curious. She just wanted to see Fowlfoot, but at the same time didn't understand what her dreams were attempting. It wasn't until a familiar figure on the other side of the territory line caught her eyes.

The RockClan cats exchanged pleasantries with the patrolling LightningClan cats. Sparrowflight just stared at him for a little bit. Was this dream him or was he real? She watched for a little bit, even as her patrol continued on. Instead of following she stayed back, her group not even seeming to notice.

Slowly she made her way to the edge of the water where their territories met, "Fowlfoot?" she asked softly. He'd answer it anyways if he was a dream right? Perhaps he'd just continue on?

Luna
Fowlfoot watched the greetings being exchanged before noticing that she seemed to be staring at him. Smiling, he wondered if he could confuse her abit. But then that felt too cruel to do that to her. Still though.. "Sparrowflight." he meowed, dipping his head softly, turning as the Lightningclan patrol made to leave.

He took a few paw steps, flicking his nub tail, eyes taken from her for several moments. Finally he paused, turning around and springing into the river, paws splashing hard into the water. He aimed right for her, reaching out with his legs and wrapping them around her as soon as he made contact.

Laughing, he paused and licked her ear. "Sorry... couldn't help myself." he grinned, purring, pulling back and simply staring at her, not caring that half of himself was now a soggy celestial catstar.

Fable
Sparrowflight's heart lightened as he spoke her name in return. Her tail went straight up in a happy greeting, but dipped uncertainly as he turned to go. So, dream Fowlfoot then? Why did that hurt her heart so much?

She was about to turn to leave herself when she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. She lifted her head in time to get a face full of water, screeching in shock at it. She felt the adrenaline rush through her thinking it was an attack, but the physical contact melted that all out of her in an instant.

She felt warm all over from his laugh and lick, grinning back madly at him, "You got me so good, but you better watch out!" she growled, jumping from the bank at him, attempting to pin him in the water for soaking her.

Luna
Fowlfoot laughed before being splashed in the face again. "Hunting successful! But oops, guess i crossed the border." he snickered before she pounced at him. Yowling in surprise he fell backwards into the shallows, no completely soaked.

Sputtering, he pawed at her, flailing her away while laughing. "I give I give!" he purred, reaching up to hug her down to him (lion king style ;P) before gently head butting her. He stayed a moment before nudging her off and flipping over to his paws. "You hadn't come so I came to see what all the fus was about." he blinked and flanced around, licking water off his paw. "Reliving old memories. A personal favorite." he said softly, not wanting to upset her and unsure of her feelings about all this just yet.

Getting to his paws he padded out of the river and to her side of the border, shaking himself dry. Though not before tossing a tiny pawful of water in her direction first.

Fable
"Yes you did! And for that you'll have the wrath of Rockclan upon you!" she grinned as she 'attacked'. She mewed a squeak of surprise as her 'attack' was turned back on her and she found herself pressed against his chest. She couldn't help the loud purr that emanated from her as he head butted her, finding herself rubbing her cheek against his. Her heart was pounding out of her chest, but it felt so right in that moment.

She felt a bit of loss as she got off of him, but smiled at his words, "I'm sorry about that, I haven't really figured out how to break out of my own dreams and make it to you." She looked around a moment "I had almost forgotten about these good days, honestly. This dream must be thanks to you." before padding after him, she glared playfully as more water hit her in the face. She waited until he'd shaken himself dry before walking up beside him and shaking herself out all over him. She laughed, jogging away from him and making her way up a tall rock where the sun was hitting just right. She flopped down on it, staring his directions with ears forward waiting for him to join her.

Luna
"Ah well I aim to help where I can." he had said proudly before she shook herself dry onto him.

Blinking as she ran off he gave himself another shake before sighing but with a smile. Padding after her he leaped onto the rock easily, landing next to her silently, almost as if his paws weren't even touching the ground. He flopped down next too her, giving his side a good groom before glancing up at the sky, eyes half squinted. He rolled over and sprawled out on the rock, letting the dream rays hit him. He took in a deep breath, silently wishing this were real and that he was alive again. "What a lovely dream..." he sad then rolled over to glance at her.

He poked a paw in her direction, gently touching her fur tips. "How have you been, deputy?" he hoped all had been well, especially with leaf bare upon them. Course, he could see all that she had been doing but seeing was as far as it went there. He couldn't feel how she was doing. "I mean, personally. I can see you are getting the hang of things quite nicely. I'm impressed. But then I had no doubts." he smiled, rolling so that he was on his back, gazing at her upside down.

Fable
She smiled as she watched him, glad that it looked as though he was enjoying himself. She'd never considered that perhaps he could feel alive again in her dreams. For this one precious moment everything felt so good. She closed her eyes and tilted her head up towards the sun, taking it in. Why did it only have to be a dream?

She blinked open her eyes and glanced at him. She didn't answer right away, instead licked her paw and rubbed it against her cheeks trying to get her damp fur back in order, "I'm tired, honestly." she shrugged "But in the end I can't tell you how... fulfilling it was. I was so worried things might go wrong, but when it all went right? Knowing my clan was safe thanks to something I helped with..." she shrugged shyly at his words. "Yeah, you called it well before. Was that a StarClan secret you couldn't tell me, hmm?" she playfully bapped him on the nose as he looked at her upside down. How'd such a simple, adorable gesture stir her heart so?

Luna
Fowlfoot laughed and rubbed his nose as she batted at it. He gave her a silly grin before flipping up right and thinking. "Hmmmm. Was it?" He glanced sideways at her, his pale green eyes almost sparkling. "I think you give me too much credit. I'm simply telling it how I see it." He said again, grinning so wide he flashed his fangs.

Getting more serious he leaned in to groom the top of her head. "I can imagine you are tired. Especially in leaf bare. But from what I can see you are doing a great job. Brightstar chose well." He smiled leaning back and puffing out his chest a bit. "Of course I trained her so I guess you could say I had a paw in choosing you." He beamed, only joking of course. Brightstar has her own brains and she used them well.

Still though a question hung heavily on his mind and he didn't want the dream to slip away before he could ask her. "Listen, Sparrowflight.... There... Is something I've been meaning to ask you..." He paused again, his voice trailing off as he looked down at the rocks instead of at her.

Fable
Sparrowflight wrinkled her nose up at him, shaking her head with a soft laugh, "Well you have a knack for that, that's for sure. Lets just hope your Sparrowstar stuff doesn't come true."

Her eyes slid shut as he groomed the top of her head, softly purring at the comfort it brought her. She sighed softly with the warmth on her back and his touch. It was almost too perfect. Why did this only have to be in her dreams? She opened her eyes and smiled back when he leaned back, "Yeah its only going to get tougher trying to keep all these mouth's fed. Some of the show cats are really shining others... they're barely passing as kits." she sighed heavily, not one to call anyone a name, but it was true. They tried supposed... She pressed her paw to his chest and playfully shoved him, "Ok, StarClan, don't blow that head up too much more or else you'll end up in the sky with the birds."

She was taken aback, "What's that Fowlfoot?" she leaned in and groomed the side of his face a bit even though he wasn't look at her. "Are you well?" as soon as the words left her lips she felt dumb. It was StarClan, of course he was. Was someone else not well?

Luna
Fowlfoot chuckled. "Ah kittypets. Brightstar was always a caring sort. Sometimes I wonder if she's too caring..." He paused then shook his head again. "And I'm already up in the sky, can't get any higher than this." He grinned. Though, as she licked his cheek he purred, not wanting this moment to stop.

Her question made him chuckle. Had he been well? Well... Yes... Yes he had. Quite so in fact since her visiting but that's also what pained him. What would happen when she got bored? When she moved on to other things? Found a mate that was in her waking world, not the celestial one?

Turning to face her, he blinked a few times before finally catching his breath. "Sparrowflight... I know it's strange... I mean. I'm Starclan. My time has already come and gone.... But these visits..chats, moments with you... They fill me with happiness." He said softly, a moment of being too shy to face her gaze. "I don't expect you to feel the same... I wouldn't blame you for being uncertain of this all but... I like you Sparrowflight. I mean... I love you." He paused, his chest feeling heavy as he seemed to hold his breath in without thinking. " When you aren't here... I feel empty..."

Fable
"She has the biggest heart of any cat I know!" Sparrowflight agreed. "I know it'll be hard, but StarClan will provide. We have to take care of our own." she nodded firmly in her belief.

She stared at him despite him not being able to make eye contact with her. She listened, her tail tip twitching with curiosity as he spoke. Her heart thudded madly with knowing, but her mind was slow to catch up. 'I love you'. It felt like her whole world had just stopped. She didn't breath, didn't blink, didn't answer for a second.

She felt... elated. She wanted to sing, dance on her back legs, swim in the water and never stop. Her heart felt like it was fluttering and her limbs shaking. She wanted to yell on the top of her lungs and smother him all in one movement. This... this was fantastic! She had hoped, somewhere deep down, but suppressing it had always been easier. Easier to keep from possibly hurting if something changed, if this stopped. Now... now it didn't have to.

"Fowlfoot." she whispered instead of singing, yelling, or doing any of that. The smile that spread across her face reached up to her eyes. "I-i love you too. I don't care who you were, or that you're in StarClan now, this is the cat I'm in love with now. I can't imagine one night's dream without you. Every day I'm thinking about you, looking forward until we can meet again." she was speaking hurridly, the emotions bubbling out into fast words.

"Please let me see you every night. Please let me be yours always. I don't care if this is the only way we can see each other, its the only thing that's felt right in the craziness that life has been throwing at me. I just want this to continue on right up until the day I join you."

She closed her eyes and leaned in to press her nose against his, purring so loud it made her ears rings. "I love you!"

Luna
He was sure that shed turn away or tell him he was wierd, this wasnt going to work, she was alive and he was...dead. Then she spoke his name softly followed by a reciprocate of his feelings. He felt like his heart had jumped to his throat. That his breath was caught and he had possibly just died a second time. If cats could cry....

"I would never say no. Never to you. Not unless the risk was your life." he about breathed instead of saying, leaning into her, burrying his face into her fur. He reached up with one paw and latched it onto hers. "The nights you don't come are lonely, even up here in Starclan. Oh how I wish I was alive again...to hunt at your side..." he paused and shook his head. No, enough of that. If it could happen then he'd make it work, however hard he had to try.

"I'll do anything for you, to make this work. I know I can't be there with you when you are awake...but please just know I'm waiting for you when you dream. You are my dreams..." he choked up, running out of words to even fathom. Instead he pressed himself into her, bringing her closer in a cat's way of a hold, running his tongue along the top of her head and to her scared ear. He'd make sure those scars were never a harbinger of doubt. That she fought bravely, for her clan and for her life. For them. That she'd always be proud of them, no matter what.

Fable
Sparrowflight felt like she could just cry all over the male. She laughed, licked his cheek, burried her face into his fur, wiggled and squealed she just couldn't contain the amount of emotion that was bubbling out of her. He loved her! He actually loved her.

"There won't be another night you'll be alone! If I can't make it to you, now we know you can make it to me. I will do everything I can to ensure I am here with you... I don't want to be without you." she shook her head and pressed her nose to his again whispering, "No, Fowlfoot. This is our lot in life, but its still beautiful because its ours. It'll work out. Even if its hunting, swimming, or sunning here. It'll be perfect."

She purred as he pressed himself into her, holding her close. Her fur was bristling and it felt like she'd never come down off this high. She let him groom her, just soaking in the attention, "I won't forget, Fowlfoot, and I will carry you in my heart when I wake, hunt, teach, and live. You'll be living right there with me. I don't expect this to be easy, but know you'll be the only tom for me. Dreaming or awake." she leaned heavily into his large frame, feeling the comfort it brought to the smaller cat to be wrapped up in him, his warmth and smell surrounding her. It was intoxicating.

Luna
He felt over joyed. He practically wanted to leap out of his fur that she had felt the same way as he did. "You are truly extrordinary...I still envy you were not thre in my waking life." he purred but felt contented. Nestling his head on top of hers, he simply sat there a moment, enjoying it all. "You've made me the happiest cat in the star's right now." he laughed, gently pawing at the side of her face like a kitten would a mom. "No one can bother us here and I will keep you safe from bad dreams." he whispered, grooming her head again as he purred. "I will aim to see that you have only peace in your dreams. And me of course." he lauged again, silently thinking Bitterleaf was right, the crazy old cat.

He stood up again, uncluring from her but still smiling. "What a dream... you lucky she cat." he grinned again, lightly tapping her rear in a play-tag mode before bouncing off the side of the rock, pausing only to look at her as if to say 'Come and get me!'