Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:08 pm
The time was almost upon them. Iathe kept expecting Skerath to leap into the skies any day now from the way her head would snap up without warning, her body tense and wings mantled. Then, after a few moments, she would relax and go back to whatever it was that she'd been doing, and Iathe could let out a sigh of relief. Another time was almost upon them, too--one that both young woman and dragon looked forward to with relish. Soon, they would participate in their first Threadfall. It was a dangerous time, to be sure, but they were united in the fact that, no matter what, they would succeed to sear their enemy from the sky.

At the lake, Iathe was carefully oiling Skerath. Her green's growth had slowed dramatically, and she was certain that she was almost finished. She was smaller than an average-sized green, but she was clearly built for speed. Skerath was almost petite in build, lightning fast and a fierce fighter.

Because they were alone, the green butted her head gently against Iathe's shoulder, and the young woman wrapped her arms around the dragon to hug her tightly. Her one and only Skerath.... she'd never been so complete until that fateful day. Better than any queen? Skerath asked, nudging her affectionately.

Iathe just scoffed, swiping harmlessly at the green's muzzle. That didn't even deserve an answer. Skerath knew that her heart was hers, for now and forever.

Uta
Tada!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:18 pm
Tsunake
Just who Skerath wanted to see, I know. Venandth helped me write this.

There was a trumpet of greeting directed entirely to Skerath as a large shadow passed over them. A large, golden-winged dragon circled the pair in a lazy fashion, before he settled himself down with surprising gentility not far from where they settled. Venandith's eyes whirled a bright-blue as he lowered himself down and extended an arm for his rider to dismount, though he never quite looked away from his green companion. Skerath, a pleasure to see you, as always. The sun against your hide makes you a vision almost as beautiful as me. He mused aloud, his compliment sincere, and his intentions genuine even if it was also a nod to himself. Some dragons never changed, after all.

The brown dragon had obliged to take two buckets of oil with him, both hanging from his jaws, and Zyamel had a small pack with her that included brushes of various size, and a few towels. The brown dragon gingerly set the two buckets down in the sand, before trudging into the shallows of the lake. If he made sure to spread out his large magnificent wings so they caught the autumn sun, and stretch his body just-so (all the better to show off his strength rippling muscles) it couldn't be helped. He always was an eye-catching beast.

"Iathe, Skerath," Zyamel called out. "You're both looking very fine--Ven and I aren't interrupting anything, are we?" She asked with her usual flirty grin. "I'm happy to kick this guy into the lake if four's a crowd--but can also soak up the sun and admire you both further down if you'd prefer to be a duo." She added, genuinely unphased about the possibility of rejection. The Weyr lake was large enough they could all bathe and oil their dragons without getting underfoot--but Zyamel enjoyed company, especially with a pretty face involved. Furthermore, she understood Skerath was more of an aloof green, and didn't wish to disrespect her (or Iathe's) space.

Venandith, for his part, continued to give the green a (mostly) wide berth. She was getting oiled, and he was going to kick up a splash--so he'd at least wade further out into the water to soak.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 pm
Skerath's head had snapped up in an instant, her green muzzle drawing back to bare her abnormally large fangs up at the broad-winged figure easily soaring above them. Venandith. Of course he would use himself as a frame of what was beautiful--and comment that she couldn't completely measure up to it. A low rumble began to stir deep in her chest, and her claws flexed into the soil as red eyes locked onto the large brown in challenge. Her wings had begun to mantle in turn, and oh, she longed to sink her teeth into him. He'd think twice about even looking in her direction ever again!

Iathe frowned as her dragon's ire ripped through her, threatening to cloud her own vision with red. "No," She snapped at Zyamel before notably steeling herself to take a slow, deep breath. Stop it. She thought fiercely at Skerath. The dragon gave her a mutinous look before letting the rumble die down, her eyes still fixed upon Venandith. I won't say the same. Why don't you find another part of the lake to sully? She sneered.

"I'd love for you both to stay." The woman insisted, still scowling at her bonded before finally flashing Zyamel an apologetic smile. Skerath was... well, proddy was putting it mildly. These mood swings were even more wild than her usual mercurial ways, and Iathe was about ready to strangle something. "Venandith is looking as beautiful as ever." As was Zyamel, but the mere thought of saying as much was enough to bring some pink to her cheeks.

Skerath snorted rudely at that, but finally bowed her head again to allow Iathe to continue oiling her. Stupid, self-absorbed, insufferable brown.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:32 pm
Ven...try to behave, won’t you? Zyamel appealed quietly to her brown. She wasn’t blind, and the green dragon seemed extra-agitated with her brown nearby. While she knew he didn’t mean any harm, she also understood that Skerath had never seemed to like him, and that she’d always been a very strong-willed green. Zyamel didn’t want to make enemies of Iathe or Skerath, and that meant Venandith would need to be just a little extra-cautious in how approached her. Especially now that greens were starting to rise.

The brown dragon gave a small mental snort, but did swim slightly farther out to the lake. I am behaving, aren’t I? All I did was compliment her. Still, the brown wasn’t put off, and instead, let himself disappear beneath the water to soak. To Skerath, he spoke confidently as ever. As you wish! I can certainly admire you from a distance. Like a turtle, the brown’s head popped up from the water, eyes whirling a bright blue-green. What more could a brown want? Water, sun, a pretty green, his rider. This was the life…

Nevermind Skerath wanted him torn to pieces.

Focusing on Iathe, Zyamel grinned and gave a wave of her hand, hoping to assure the woman that all was well. “No apologies needed,” she laughed. “I know Ven puts off more than he seems to charm,” she grinned. She wasn’t going to mention anything about Skerath’s mood, because even the blind could tell how all the young greens were beginning to get. It was completely understandable. “But he’s young yet. Maybe someday he’ll learn the art.” As for the compliment, Zyamel couldn’t help but give Iathe a wink and a flirty grint. “Nah, the true beauties are right here in front of me. That oil really brings out the multitude of greens on her hide--and you’ve always been lovely, Iathe.”

So much for behaving.

Like a shark circling a bay, Venandith swam a little bit closer to shore. He did always hate to be outside the circle of attention… though he was respectable enough to stick to Skerath’s current wishes. For now, at least.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm
Skerath still had her fangs bared even as Venandith kept his distance--though the comment about admiring her earned a low, grating sort of growl. Though her head was lowered, her red eyes tracked his every moment, as though waiting for him to just get close enough for her to bite. Iathe reached out to smack her sharply against the side of the jaw. Such a blow wasn't even a pinprick to the green, but the mere act was enough to make Skerath jerk slightly with surprise, tiny bits of yellow whirling through her eyes.

I know. Iathe thought fiercely, wrapping her arms as best she could around her bonded's muzzle. I KNOW how you're feeling. But you're better than this. You can keep your temper under control for a little while. The green huffed quietly, and, though highly aware that they weren't alone, leaned barely into her rider.

I will. She promised, resigned, irritated, and wholly committed to keeping her word for Iathe and Iathe alone.

Letting her lips ghost briefly against that soft hide, Iathe released her and stepped back, focusing back on Zyamel with a decidedly more relaxed air. "He has plenty of time." She laughed. Of course, Zyamel's natural flirtations was enough to make her scoff, though her fair skin betrayed her as she flushed slightly. "You're just as bad as he is." She snorted, folding her arms across her chest.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff