Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Seth x Tasho(Cherry Blossom Festival)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 am
User Image

Come enjoy a wonderful experience at the Cherry Blossom Festival!
    Have a romantic afternoon picnic or join a tea ceremony held under the cherry trees.
    Watch a variety of traditional Japanese performances or enjoy the view of the fireworks along the river at night.
    Everything will be paid for--unless you want to bring your own meal~

Bubblegum Bishonen
Seth and Tasho have a date!

Katze Allemon-Schatten
Remember to try and score a perfect date by the end of 9/23~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:38 pm
๐Ÿ›Œ ๐Ÿ’  ๐ŸŒ™ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !TASHO NAGINATA )
tab User Image
User Image tab Single__________xxxx!!

The few people that Tasho talked to often said he worked too much, he needed to stop obsessing over finding Tai, that he needed a break. Course Tasho never listened to any of them, all except good old Jenny, who forced him to take a step back from his nonstop research by coming to his apartment with some cheap sakรฉ and Chinese takeout. That was the night she installed this dating app onto his hardly-touched phone, so one could imagine his surprise when he received a notification about a match followed by a date already set-up. Tasho had called up Jenny, cursing every holy entity out there, but she just laughed and told him to at least give it a shot. So here he was, the stiff workaholic who never once thought about dating since his epic failure in high school, at a damn cherry blossom festival of all things. Thankfully he happened to at least own one of those hip kimono-themed cardigans so he didn't feel too out-of-place. In all honestly, he was admittedly nervous. Just what the hell was he supposed to say to this guy? Profiles only revealed so much and if they didn't click on the spot, that was it.

This better be worth my time or you're buying me dinner again, Jenny, Tasho thought, planning to text her later as he looked around the petal-covered entryway, waiting for his supposed "match."

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Bubblegum Bishonen

Professional Goat

12,350 Points
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:52 pm
Bubblegum Bishonen

๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒˆ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Seth Wilson )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Single)__________xxxx!!

His talks with Ali hadn't exactly proven fruitful and now he owed the man a freaking Gudetama drawing. Oh well, at least it wasn't the hardest thing in the world for him. He had looked through his closet, trying to find anything remotely appropriate, but hadn't really had much luck. Go fig, kimonos and such weren't really a thing he ever wore. Damn it! This is one of those stupid "I don't have anything to wear" moments. So lame! Eventually, he ended up going with a pink Godzilla t-shirt. Godzilla cause Japan made a ton of those movies, and pink cause the flowers were pink. He paired it with some decent jeans that were a bit on the pale side, but at least they didn't have gaping holes in them yet, and a pair of high top converses. Not really what one would think of for date wear, but it was what he had available. From his research, he had found that people often took picnics to the festival. Unfortunately, he wasn't really sure what this guy liked, but his name was decidedly of Japanese origin, so he was going to at least try something marginally traditional. Not that he was saying he expected his partner to be fluent in Japanese or have relatives over there. That would have been a jerk thing to expect. However, he was pretty damn sure the guy must have had a few ancestors along the line who were from Japan. That, he figured, was a fair assessment. He invaded Ali's kitchen and set about making a few simple things; he made a couple of rice balls which turned out well enough, then several onigiri with plum filling which tasted ok even if they looked wonky, then he got some pocky as he was kind of at the end of his culinary skills. It really wasn't that elaborate, but it was the thought that counted, right? He put it all in a box cause he couldn't find a basket, then headed towards the festival.

Fortunately he had a photo of the guy, cause the place was lively, though not exactly crowded yet. He saw the long-haired man with a total samurai vibe pretty quickly, and made his way over. "You're Tasho, right? I'm Seth, obviously. Care to head in? I made food for us that I swear isn't toxic." Might not have been the best joke for a first impression, but that was who he was, and he wasn't about to lie. He freaking hated lies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 pm
tab User Image

Despite the fact there were countless footsteps around him, it was easy for Tasho to discern when someone was heading toward him. The hairs stood on-end at the back of his neck as he cautiously glanced behind him, only to realize that the approaching male looked just like his match's profile picture. I really need to shake this paranoia, Tasho thought bitterly, cursing his yakuza father for the millionth time in his life. While the man's outfit choice was entertaining enoughโ€”the choice to wear Godzilla was creative, yet made the amateur teacher feel kind of over-dressed nowโ€”Tasho's focus pin-pointed on the box the guy carried. Was he supposed to bring something? As a consequence of his hyper-fixation on the damn box, he remained silent until his date spoke out first. The weapons master forced his gaze away from the box to properly look the much-taller man in the face (he thought he was tall, but this guy had eight or so whole inches on him) and offer a half-smile. "You promise?" he cracked out, voice smooth as butter. Food, huh? Tasho forgot all about how the festivals ran, his own ethnicities traditions lost to him thanks to his piss-poor excuse of an upbringing.

"Yes, I'm Tasho," the sharpshooter chuckled, hoping to dispel any potential awkwardness he could've caused via his lame jab. "Pleasure to meet you face-to-face and sure, we should probably beat the crowd before it gets any worse." He turned to lead Seth toward the growing line, pony-tail swishing behind him. It occurred to him then that it was poor manners to have his back to a date, so he slowed down dramatically to fall in-step with Seth. "For the record, I'm sure your cooking tastes better than any attempt I've ever made at least," he added to keep the conversation going, but looked to his feet not long after to mutter to himself; "At least you thought to make something." If he had a living, loving grandmother, he was sure she'd be scolding him for shaming his heritage right about then.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Bubblegum Bishonen

Professional Goat

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:59 pm
Bubblegum Bishonen

tab User Image

He cracked a wry smile as the other man made a sort of lame joke back. Lame jokes and snark were sort of his thing: he dished them out by the heap load, but at the same time he loved it when people sent them back to him. "Yeah, I promise that is who I am. Even if I could get better results saying I was someone else, I hate lying, so I wouldn't be able to do it. Now if you want to pretend I'm Trudeau or Tom Hiddleston or someone else incredibly handsome, I definitely wouldn't stop you." It wouldn't be lying if he had been honest about who he was, and Tasho just chose to think of him as someone else, that would just be a delusion. He followed along as Tasho lead him towards the festival grounds, not having any trouble keeping up as he had quite the long stride. But still, it was nice when he slowed down so that they could walk together: seemed more date-like to him. "You might want to reserve judgement until you've tried it. Oval rice balls and amorphous onigiri is all good, right?" Presentation was where he was mostly lacking: it looked weird and he had sort of just thrown things in boxes, but at least it tasted palatable. He had tasted a few just to make sure. "Well, I hope my cooking is ok. It would be a shame to have raided my brother's kitchen for nothing." He had used Ali's kitchen cause it was a half-decent place and cooking in Seth's kitchen meant you had a chance of having roach or mold garnish to anything you had.

Once they were finally in, Seth scoped out a spot right under a sakura tree on a little bit of a hill where they would have good vantage of most everything. "Kind of forgot to bring a blanket or anything to sit on, but will this works alright?" He didn't care about sitting on the ground, but he wasn't dressed nearly as fancily as Tasho. Hopefully that wasn't going to bother either of them, definitely wasn't bothering Seth. But if Tasho did ever mention feeling like he had overdressed or Seth had underdressed, Seth would just confess and say he literally couldn't find anything better in his wardrobe. He was pretty sure he had already come off as honest and chill, so there was no reason for Tasho not to believe him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:36 pm
tab User Image

Tasho had to suppress an oncoming cackle in response to Seth's suggestion before they headed further along the entryway. "No, no," he had said, a smirk slipping onto his face. "I don't really know actors, and I much prefer to look at things as they are anyway." He'd fallen in-step after this comment, watching ahead next so they didn't bump into any weavers. The crowd thickened the further they ventured, so Tasho wanted to focus on actually getting into the park as quick as possible. Though he'd never admit it, large gatherings of people made him feel a little anxious, no thanks to his secluded upbringing of course. Even the orphanage "playground" gave him a shock when he first arrived at the place, so he steered clear of all the events if he could help it, keeping mostly to himself. Thankfully, Seth's height definitely gave them the advantage they needed over conquering the growing mass, so it wasn't long until they were faced with the problem of choosing where to "set up camp." Plus, Seth's continued commentary about his dish was a nice distraction. "Can't be any worse than cafeteria gruel. As long as it tastes okay, we'll be fine. They say it's 'the thought that counts' anyway, remember? And hey," he tilted his head to the side, looking up at Seth. "If it's really as bad as you're making it out to be, there are plenty of treats to cleanse our palettes with down by the stands..." Tasho trailed off when they stopped to survey their options. The sifting crowd stole the ex-assassin's attention before he could come up with any suggestion, so he was willing to jump on whatever place Seth was eyeing just to get away from the general mass, if only for a little while to regather his forbearance.

Once he realized that Seth was looking toward a particularly secluded sakura tree, Tasho nodded right along and immediately headed for the tree, elated to escape the increased surrounding chatter. As someone who laid low in all kinds of dank places to hit his mark, the sharpshooter could give less of a f*ck about sitting in the grass. Besides, he forgot he even owned her current wear anyway, so grass stains hardly fazed him; he'll probably never wear it again, anyway. "Slipped my mind as well, but anywhere away from this crowd is perfect," Tasho had said to Seth before he made off, throwing caution to wind by gently grasping his date's wrist so-as not to rudely leave him behind during his rush to get away. The underground hero released what may or may not have been a semi-iron grip soon as they reached the spot, immediately flopping down onto his a** without a care. He laid his hands flat atop the grass behind him, leaning back and looking up at Seth with a nervous smile then. "Sorry if I over-stepped my bounds there...not a big fan of crowds," Tasho chuckled dryly. He looked back at the box again then, briefly wondering if Seth had even packed some kind of beverages. "Actually, I didn't even think about drinks. I could go get us something nice in a minute, if you want" he said, sitting up. Tasho reached for his hairband's accessory then, playing with the cross on the end to ground himself. He should probably go find the beverage stand before the crowd got any worse than it already is..."Anything in particular you can think of that you might want? And if you haven't tried sakรฉ before, I'd be down for one bottle." But only one, because I definitely don't need to get wasted on a first date for cripes sake," he thought, electing to stare at the silver-cross end he twirled between his thumb and index finger.

Katze Allemon-Schatten
It always takes me way too long to write these responses, good lord x'D. And I'm like falling asleep every time too lmao This is so unnecessarily long, too, omg I need to stop -cries-

Bubblegum Bishonen

Professional Goat

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:55 pm
tab User Image

Well, Trudeau was technically a Canadian politician, but he didn't bother mentioning that. The further in they got, he noticed, the more fidgety and nervous Tasho was becoming. A bit afraid of crowds, perhaps? It seemed that the conversation was helping at least a little though. "Ah yes, cafeteria gruel, a mystery of science. I was subjected to the inner-city variety, which is an experiment in making the most out of whatever the hell the city can get cheap." With Tasho's admittance that he was willing to go anywhere if it was away from the crowd, Seth could fairly well guess this guy wasn't a city person. Even if he was a little startled when Tasho grabbed on to his wrist and drug him over with a death grip, he didn't begrudge it: it was a hell of a lot better than screaming and/or fleeing. "It's all good. Next time, if you want, I can just try telling people to get the hell out of the way. People tend to scatter when the scary pierced, inked giant tells them to move. I'll even use my extra deep and scary voice, if you want?" Whether he was being serious or just kidding was hard to tell, mainly because it was both. He didn't flop down quite so easily as Tasho: it was a hell of a long way down, and he didn't want to have to smack someone for yelling "Timber!" At least it was still a simple, fluid motion of crouching down before tilting back to use a hand as support as he got his legs out from under him. "I'll get us some sake later then. No sense in sending you out into the thick of the crowd giving you don't like them. So that will be one bottle for you and one for me, right?" That said, he might not have the budget for anything decent; maybe Tasho wouldn't mind cheap booze?

He watched as Tasho twirled the little charm in his hand. Seemed like a somewhat undevout action, yet the fact that he had such a charm had to mean something, right? "So...are you, like, devout or anything? It's fine either way, just curious because obvious religious iconography, but most people wear them on a chain, so it makes me wonder if it's important for another reason. No pressure to answer." He said as he pulled out the food he had made: 6 rice balls about the size of a normal person's fist, 6 onigiri roughly the same size, and a box of pocky. "Welp, there's my deformed contribution. Please don't sic any ancestors on me." Oh s**t he hadn't meant to sound that presumptuous. "Not that I'm assuming you only recently came here, just, given your name and general look, I thought it a safe assumption that at some point in your ancestry, someone was from Japan. I'm not overstepping any bounds, am I?" Hell, there was a good chance that he had emigrated more recently than Tasho: fifteen years wasn't really a long time. To keep himself from saying anything else stupid, he grabbed up one of the rice balls and tentatively bit into it...HOLY s**t IT WASN'T HORRIBLE! "Damn I'm good," he muttered under his breath. It might not have been authentic good, but it tasted decent enough to him and that was one of the most important things.

Bubblegum Bishonen
Sorry mine isn't quite as long as yours, had to type the whole thing on my phone which is a pain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:20 pm
tab User Image

This guy was funny. He had Tasho nearly stumbling when he called himself a 'scary pierced, ink giant' before the ex-assassin forced them away from the crowd. Tasho really wanted to ask Seth about all the piercings simply because he had so dang many, but he had initially decided to wait until later since he felt it would've come off as rude to just be like, 'woah, what's with all the piercings you got there?' But the crowd helped to dissipate these this thought, his need to escape overriding his curiosities. So then that brought him to bringing up drinks instead. While Seth offering to go himself was nice and noble and all, there was no way he was having him pay when he already made them food. Tasho held the small cross still and looked back to his date, slight frown on his face. "I appreciate it, but you already brought food. I think I can manage," he said with a light laugh. He was a hero for god's sake (never mind the fact that he was underground to avoid crowds and being in the limelight, of course), so he could handle anything. "And I figured we could share a bottle, actually. They usually come with small cups to emulate traditional teacups."

The question about him being possibly 'devout' led Tasho to dropping the chain to idly swing back around behind him, swishing against the gentle breeze blowing the ponytail it held up. If he was religious, his yakuza father put a stopper to it along with his memory. "I'm not entirely sure myself. I don't practice any religion currently though. I've just always had this strange accessory," Tasho sighed wistfully, trying to picture his fuzzy memory of who he believed to be his mother clearly. "I'm fairly confident it was my mother's, so I just have it as a sort-of keepsake." Tasho shrugged, looking up at the dark sky. "That, and it makes for a good way to ground myself." Thankfully, Seth's comment about Tasho's unknown ancestors saved him from spiraling down memory lane of his days as a yakuza kid. Oh, if only those relatives of his had actually cared enough to take him away from the ugly that is the Japanese gang life. Tasho just laughed the tall man's assumption off. "Well I definitely am Japanese, but I don't know any crazy relatives or ancestors, so you don't have to worry about any of that," he responded, looking over the bento assortment. The presentation was questionable, yes, but the larger portions would fill them up better anyway. "It's also okay to assume. You're fine, really." Tasho chuckled, switching up his position to better face the box, criss-crossing his legs as Seth took to testing out the rice balls. His expression suggested it was better than the tatted man expected, and his hushed comment didn't go without notice to Tasho. Sticky rice was hardly a challenge even for Tasho, so he wasn't all that surprised. Instead of remarking, he tried his hand at one of the onigiris, and was pleasantly surprised by the soft and moist texture. It wasn't over-cooked and hard, so Seth got an A-plus just for that. "Guess you are good," Tasho chuckled once he'd swallowed his bite, one hand pressed into the grass behind him then and the other holding the onigiri up. "So then, what about your ancestry, if you're willing to share?" Since Seth went on about his presumed ancestors, it seemed an appropriate question to ask. The glinting snake bites resurrected Tasho's curiosity about all of Seth's piercings soon after, so he made a mental note to ask about the tiny spikes next.

Katze Allemon-Schatten
You honestly did not have to match my horrendous tendency to make things long lmao but I appreciate it! I wanted to make this shorter since it's almost over, but clearly that was a fail haha I'll be on p much all-day tomorrow tho to try and wrap things up!

Bubblegum Bishonen

Professional Goat

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm
tab User Image

He didn't even bother with hiding his relief when Tasho said he would take care of the drinks. "That's for the better then. If it was cheap enough for me to be able to afford it, then we'd either be splitting a shot and/or it would be the cheapest s**t imaginable." While his comment might have elicited sympathy, that wasn't his intent: it was merely a statement of fact. For the most part he had it good, save for his apartment, but Ali let him stay at the parlor whenever he needed and if things got bad (like when he was laid up from getting run over) he could crash with Ali. Now all he needed was his parents living nearby and a boyfriend. "Damn, tiny cups and everything? I'm not used to anything so fancy."

Seth bit the inside of his cheek as Tasho explained that he thought the little cross had belonged to his mother. He...could definitely relate, but it looked like something that really bothered Tasho, so he would let the topic drop. Though he was curious, which was worse: having a memento of someone you can barely remember, or having only memories of someone you loved? Wasn't really worth asking though: both options were shitty. "Glad to know I'm not about to get haunted. I've seen Japanese ghosts in movies, and they make American ghosts look about as scary as someone wearing a floral bedsheet." Even more reassuring was the fact that he wasn't pissed at him for assuming heritage. He had heard that AsIan Americans tended to get a lot of grief over ancestry, and he didn't want to add to that problem.

"Hell yeah I'm good. Sorry, I have to balance my surplus of self-deprecating humor with obnoxious overconfidence. It balances out to a healthy ego and makes it harder for people to get a handle on what to think about me." He felt it also helped people adapt to his brand of snark and teasing, but Tasho didn't need to be introduced to that quite yet. He had already finished his rice ball and was moving on to one of the onigiri. At only 23, he still had the metabolism of youth, then combined with his size made for him being a bit of a bottomless pit.

"Me? Well, first off, I still consider myself a Canadian citizen as it wasn't my choice to leave. Also I have a defiant streak, so there's that. But my dad's side is Canadian and French, and my mom's side is Canadian and French Canadian. So basically a hell of a lot of Canadian with some French accents. And in case you were wondering, yes, I speak impeccable French and I can French kiss. Cause those are important things to know." Yeah, no, those weren't important things to know, but he enjoyed the enticement. It wasn't until a moment later that he wondered if maybe his overly detailed description of his ancestry might come off as a bit smug or something; like he was gloating over the fact that he knew his family. "I didn't mean to make it sound like I had a whole genealogy worked out, it's just...I lost my parents when I was fairly young. I don't know why, but I was too dumb to grab on to any mementos, so I guess I did all of this research so I would have more than just memories. It's nice to know where I come from, but it really is a s**t substitute for the real thing." He knew there was a chance that his father was still around, but it seemed like such a pipe dream, he wasn't ready to admit it as a possibility only to have his hopes crushed. "Damn, didn't mean to bring things down like that. Initiating random other topic...so, which do you find more attractive: a man with a chiseled body, or a man with a more svelte physique?" That was decidedly random, but at least it was upbeat.

Bubblegum Bishonen
Believe it or not, your response was actually shorter...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:53 am
User Image
User Image

You can continue your date on Discord, Skype, Phone, PMs, or another form of instant messaging to complete your interaction that was left unfinished.

This is the end of the date event! Whether you failed or passed, dates will be taken into account for the final tally of points!

Got past the introductions: +1
Learned a new thing about the other: +1
Got along together: +1
Made it to 5 posts: +1
Made it to 10 posts: 0

Bonuses
+1 Had a missing partner for more than one day!
+1 More than 1 paragraph in multiple posts
+1 For special location boost
+1 For food giving!

8/5

Bubblegum Bishonen

Katze Allemon-Schatten

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100