Show Opener: The Draft Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:47 pm
Ain't About the Money hits as the lights in the upper levels of the arena brighten. A new owner, a new era, and a new theme for the boss as Drako steps out onto the stage to the cheers of the fans. He even looks the part, dressed in a suit for once, his hair tied back neatly. There's podiums on both sides of the stage, something that would likely have the fans interest. Drako takes up a mic and the music fades out.

"Welcome to the final edition of Monday Nitro. Two years, twenty eight shows in, coming up on our third Starrcade. Last week, I met my end of the deal, defeating my own older brother, Jarel Damone, to gain full ownership of WCWG. There's no board of directors, no one else to answer to, and I can keep going with the momentum I already built as the general manager and take us on into new heights. With that said, some changes had to be made, thus we come to tonight. The Final Nitro, and I know everyone is wondering what's up next. Allow me to break down the changes I've had in mind for a while and can now implement."

Drako pauses, pacing a little on the stage as he observes the audience reaction.

"First and foremost, I made another acquisition, that being the federation Global Extreme Wrestling, or GEW. Why? Because I can, but also because there's another huge change that I feel the need to make. WCWG, it's WCW, which screams Eric Bischoff. And while it has been great, it's time for a new name. Tonight is the final show under the World Championship Wrestling Guild banner. We will be renamed, rebranded, to the Gaia Wrestling Alliance, or GWA."

Tony Schiavone: Whoa, Drako is already making waves with new acquisitions and rebranding the company.

Larry Zybsko: Big changes, but what's with the podiums?

Drako let's the crowd quiet down before he continues.

"Now, there's a few reasons for the name change. Obviously, it goes with the change in ownership. But because the roster has grown, and I've made this deal for GEW, we can now have two separate shows on two new nights. First, we have Tuesday Night Crusade and then Friday Night Haven. With two shows, we need someone to run each show, and no, I'm not taking one. Instead, I have hired two men as general managers for each show. With new shows, we need new perspectives, and we need to decide who's on what show. So tonight, our new general managers will get to work right away as they draft all the members of the roster onto their brands. The only thing to keep in mind, the World Heavyweight championship will be defended on both brands, even though the champion himself must be drafted to one specific roster. So without further ado, let's welcome the first of our general managers...."

Drako steps to the side to allow the entrance of one of the two new general managers  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 pm
You want it all right now!
Right now!
Three, two, one!
One!

Three, two, one
You want it full frontal, overstimulation
So say a beneidiction
For a new addiction
In voyeuristic overdrive

“ULTRAnumb” by Blue Stahli roars through out of the arena as the first GM of the new shows decides to introduce himself. Quinn Marrow walks out onto the stage wearing freshly pressed three-piece grey suit with black dress shoes. He slowly unbuttons the button of his jacket to all him move freely. He walks over to one of the podiums and grabs the microphone off it.
User Image

“Ladies and gentleman, let’s give our fearless leader, Drako another round of applause for getting solo ownership of WCWG. He’s going bring this federation into the modern age by rebranding to Gaia Wrestling Alliance.” Quinn says with a grin as he slowly golf clap for his new boss “It’s going be excited night for all tonight.”

Quinn leans up against the podium as he continues

“My name is Quinn Marrow and I am the general manager of Friday Night Haven. As you all can see I’m not a wrestler and won’t pretend to be. I am a planner and will sent events into motion by booking them. I can only set up the board. It will take the wrestlers to put in the work and produce the wonderful product for you guys. Haven isn’t going being a one man or woman show. It’s going to take the whole roster from show starters to the main eventers to make Haven successful as I can see it can be.”

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 pm
The epic opening guitar rift of Welcome to Jungle suddenly echoed throughout the arena.

Oh my god… Wooooooooooooah!

Beams of red light danced on stage in rhythm with the music, exciting the crowds.

Welcome to the jungle, we’ve got fun and games
We got everything you want, honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey, we got your disease

User Image
Everyone knew who this man was as soon as his theme hit, and sure enough he finally stepped out on stage, shooting glances at both Drako and Quinn. The Untamed Lion, Cyrus Leone, had made his return to Nitro! Wearing a snazzy new suit, with a mic in one and a drink in the other, he stepped up to the podium. Gazing up at at the audience, the wrestling fans, he spoke up. “You all know my name.” Cheers erupted for the Lion. "You know who I am, and what I've done to get where I am."

"Unlike Mr. Business model over there, I’m not only a wrestler, but I’m one of the longest tenured wrestlers around. I know wrestling, and I already know exactly how I’m going to turn Tuesday night Crusade into the show to watch!” Cyrus takes a sip of his martini before glancing at Quinn. “I'll be running things a little differently from Friday night Safe Space. Tuesday nights will be structured like a food chain, survival of the fittest!”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 pm
Drako nods in approval now that both men have shown. There's not much left for him to do.

"Alright, gentlemen, you've been involved in the business enough to know how a draft works. We've discussed the rules when i hired you so now its time to get to it. Let it be known to every wrestler in the back that these decisions are final though both general managers have the freedom to make trades down the line as they see fit to keep their business going. I'm going to leave the rest to you. "

With that, the owner heads backstage  

Drako Damone
Captain

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 am
“Survival of the fitness? Sounds like you’re going for a control chaos and hoping for the best process, Mr. Leon. From what I learn from the business world, praying and hoping is quickest way to disaster. You need a plan and focus to achieve you goals you have set out.” Marrow removes a folded piece of paper from the inner pocket of his jacket as he speaks. “The first pick was determined before we came out here based on a coin flip. Which Mr. Leon has won the rights to the first pick. If you would please start this draft with your selection, Mr. Leon.”  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:37 am
"I feel like you missed the whole point of that speech. A Lion doesn't pray, and hope for the best. He either goes for the throat or dies. If you'd shut your mouth and pay attention, you might learn a few things your community college didn't teach you." He paused and took another sip from his drink, building a little suspense. "It should be obvious, my first choice is the champion, Andre Damone!"

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 am
Crowd erupts into cheers hearing their champion is going Crusade as the first overall pick in the draft. Morrow goes to the bottom of his piece of paper and puts a line on the sheet. Quinn says as the crowd dies down, “Sold choice, Mr.Leon. He’s going being a corner stone for any show he’s on. He established and known for his work. My choice for the first pick for Haven is the man who is hungry and he wants to prove critics wrong. The chip on his shoulder going make him one of hell of main eventer for Haven. The man I’m talking about the first ever National Champion, Shadow Tiger!”  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 am
The Lion gives a light applause."I think Friday nights would be a perfect home for the National title. It tells the world you won't settle for anything other than second best!" He briefly glances down at the list, immediately finding his next choice. "And I'll be taking former WWF champion, the Barbed Wire Knight, Kodiak Gordert!"

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:15 pm
The crowd erupts mixture of boos and cheers for last ever WWFG World Heavyweight Champion. Morrow angry cross out a name one his list.Mr. Leon you took a very underrated wrestler minus his latest work. You took the man who has the most up side that probable anyone has. But my selection has best chance to exceed what Mr. Gordert can be. Who I’m talking about is Mister Mirage! This man is getting a groove that could sling shot him into main event if he doesn’t do anything stupid in the meantime.”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:32 am
"Well that's an odd choice for the healthy working environment you're trying to create for Friday nights! Well, you can have that masked freak." Cyrus glanced down at his list and tapped a name with his finger. "Hah, I'm taking another former WWF champion, one I've personally competed with, Bad Boy!

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 am
“You sure do like those boys from WWF, Mr. Leon. One could say you trying to create WWF light on Crusade. My next pick is the man who won many championships in WCW and going be in the running for championships here on Haven.” Quinn says with a slight grin “The man I am talking about is Ken Armand!”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:15 pm
Placing a cigar in his mouth, the Untamed Lion searched through the pockets of his blazer for a lighter while Quinn made his choice. After lighting it, he leaned against the podium and took a light drag from the cigar before responding. "WWF was successful for a long time, which was preserved time and time again by the talent themselves, not by the bookers." Looking down at the list, he placed the end of the cigar, burning one of the names off the paper. "That being said, my next choice will be WWF grown talent, and one of the biggest failures of my life." He gazed up at the audience, taking another puff from the cigar. "One more shot... Either I'll turn that chump into a champ, or I'll personally see to it that he never work in this business again. I'm picking Salem Croft."

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm
“You know what is worse than that cigar you’re smoking indoors, Mr. Leon? That last pick.” Quinn says nonchalantly as he straightens the piece of paper in front him on the podium. “Anyways, my next pick is going be a great addition to Haven. She recently successfully retained her Women’s Championship at The Great American Bash. My pick is the Women’s champion Alicia Armand!”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm
"Finally, a great choice on your end." The Lion pauses and ashes his cigar towards Quinn. He returned the cigar to his mouth, gritting it in his teeth as he surveyed the list. Cyrus thought for a moment, strategized a plan. "Here's a thought, since you'll have the champion how about we skip the one by one choices and you take the entire women's division?"

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

Projectbloody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Quinn raises his’ eyebrow questioningly at Cyrus’ idea about taking the whole Women’s division. “If I agree to that what would you want in return? Because you’re losing a chance at a whole division.” Quinn says taping his chin with his fingers on his right hand, “How about the rights to the Tag Team championship belts and two tag teams for this trade?”  
Nitro Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff