Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Scheer Family Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm
xxxxxxxxxxx SCHEER FAMILY HOME xxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

LOCATED IN Lower Barnton, England

xxxxxxxxxxFIRST FLOORxxxxxxxxxx

User Image...User Image...User Image

| Dining Room | Kitchen | Living Room |

| Main Bathroom | Half Bathroom | Laundry Room |

| Jordan's Bedroom | Hailey's Bedroom | Zara & Kyle's Bedroom |

xxxxxxxxxxOUTDOORSxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

| Back Deck |

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:57 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH O U S E x O C C U P A N T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jordan Scheer
| Home | Work | Elsewhere |

Hailey Scheer

⟹ Zara Scheer

⟹ Kyle Scheer

xxxxxxxxxxxxF A M I L Y x P E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lucy the Dog
| Home | Elsewhere |

Ghost the Owl
| Home | Elsewhere |

Quayn the Dog
| Home | Elsewhere | Deceased |

Sushi the Fish
| Home | Elsewhere | Deceased |

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:59 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH I S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Zara, Kyle, and Jordan moved into the home in 2032 with Quayn

⟹ Hailey was born in 2033

⟹ Quayn passed away in 2043

⟹ Jordan got a dog named Lucy and Hailey got a fish named Sushi in 2046

⟹ Jordan got an owl named Ghost in 2052

⟹ Sushi passed away in 2054

xxxxxxxxxxxxC O N T A C Txxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Not Connected to the Floo Network

⟹ Allows Apparition

⟹ Allows Owl Messages

xxxxxxxxxxxxV I S I T O R Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ None  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:42 pm
User Image

Samuel Dashwood
                                              CURSEBREAKER - 22 - HUFFLEPUFF ALUMNI

Sam apparated in front of the Scheer house with a small pop. He immediately looked around, making sure there weren’t any muggles about to see him, but luckily it seemed pretty deserted. He wouldn’t normally apparate where he wasn’t absolutely sure he’d been seen by a muggle, but frankly, he was being lazy. He’d thought about taking his motorcycle, but it would have been a four or some odd-hour ride, and well, what was even the point of having magic at that point.

Sam had been in and out of the country for the last few months and he’d barely had a chance to relax. He’d come back to see Nora off to school and then he was back at it. This time he’d spent the last couple of weeks in India and managed to bring back a decently sized bit of treasure for the goblins. That’d been enough to earn him a bit of a reprieve. The problem was, he hadn’t been sure what to do with it. With Nora gone to school, he’d come to realize that he spent far more time with an eleven-year-old than he cared to admit. Spending time with family was good and all, but it was probably better for everyone that he spent time somewhere else.

That’s how he’d ended up here. He hadn’t seen Jordan (who was frankly one of his few friends) in a bit and figured this was his best option. He was a lot more excited than he really need to be. He took a few more steps up to the door and knocked.

{{OoC: xxxxx}}
                                              kiska166

We may lose, and we may win
                                              Though we will never be here again
                                              So open up, I'm climbin' in
                                              So take it easy

SherbertLemondrop

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:17 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Nineteen Years Old - Slytherin Alumna - Muggleborn
                                              Junior Assistant to the Minister of Magic

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Hailey lay on the couch with her head propped up by a pillow so she could comfortably read. In her hands was Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, which she was about halfway finished, and in the background, her music played on shuffle but very quietly so it didn’t disrupt her concentration. If some of the catchy pop songs that came on were any louder, she wouldn’t be able to read. Funny how even after spending seven years, coping with studying in a busy common room, she somehow found ignoring the sound of others mildly difficult. Perhaps that was why she hurried to the library to study for her OWLs and NEWTs.

Lucy, who was stretched across the rug, perked up and barked once when someone had knocked on the door. “Lucy, sh! No,” Hailey commanded as she set her book upside down to prevent her page from closing and got up to answer the door. The dog stayed seated with her head turned to watch what was going on, but she didn’t bark again. Looking through the glass, she smiled at Samuel as she approached and swung the door open. “Hey, Sam,” she greeted. “Was Jordan expecting you?” she asked, feeling a tad confused. Her brother typically made sure he was home if he invited friends over. “He isn’t home right now, but he should be home soon if you want to come in,” she said as she stepped out of the way to invite the boy in. Suddenly, she felt embarrassed as she could distinctly hear What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction playing in the background and hoped Sam wouldn’t notice.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Pour myself a cup of a m b i t i o n
                                              Yawn and s t r e t c h and try to come to life

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 pm
User Image

Samuel Dashwood

Sam looked up when he heard barking and smiled. At least Lucy was home if no one else was. Luckily, he didn't have to wait long for a human occupant of the home to answer. Sam watched closely as the door opened revealing Hailey. "Oh, hey Hailey." Not quite who he'd been expecting. He ran a hand through his hair slightly awkwardly. "Uh no, he wasn't. Sorry. I probably should've checked beforehand." He gave a small laugh, more to himself than anyone else. The best-laid plans...

When Hailey invited him in he give a small nod. "Yeah, sure. If you don't mind too much." He stepped inside, looking around and noticing the sound of music in the background that made him smile again. "One Direction, eh? Good choice. Good choice." He said the words playfully, he just hoped it came off that way. He wasn't normally a very awkward person, talking to others came easily to him, but something about being here alone with Hailey, completely unannounced...

"Sorry again for just showing up like this. I just got back to England and I needed some non-goblin and non-eleven-year-old contact." He paused and thought for a moment. "I mean I guess there's my parents, but that's kind of sad too, right? Just hanging out with my parents?" Or was it...he didn't know anymore.

kiska166

So take it easy

SherbertLemondrop

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 pm
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer

Hailey smirked when Sam admitted that Jordan was not expecting him. That explained why he wasn’t home in time to greet his friend. “Lesson learned for next time,” she joked – well, half-joked. Who just showed up at someone’s house without making sure they were home first? Hailey could have sworn the year was 2054, not 1954. At least her brother would be home shortly – he was typically home by noon when he went to the gym in the morning.

Hailey closed the door behind Sam as he stepped inside the home. Her face flushed before she even had a chance to turn back around and face him as he brought up the fact that One Direction was playing in the background. “Oh, um, I just have all my music on shuffle, even the music I listened to when I was twelve,” she said sheepishly, turning around and offering a small smile. Hopefully Sam would understand that she meant she hadn’t listened to this song (or this band) in almost a decade. The blonde quickly shuffled her way to the speaker in the living room and pressed the ‘next’ button, triggering a much less embarrassing song to play – Fragile by Kygo.

Hailey turned back around and smiled, feeling better now that she changed the song that was playing. That was when Sam apologized for showing up out of the blue. “No, no, that’s fine,” she started as Lucy stood up and made her way over to Sam for some pets. “If I was stuck with a bunch of goblins, or eleven year olds for that matter, I would also rush over to a friend’s house the first chance I got,” she continued with a chuckle. When Sam mentioned hanging with his parents was kind of sad, Hailey shrugged. “Depends if you’re only seeing your parents or if you’re getting a good mix in there of other people, too.” Hailey loved her parents, but she would go mad if she hung out with them every day. “How is the Cursebreaking life treating you by the way?” she asked curiously as she moved to sit on the couch, leaving room for Sam to sit next to her if he wanted to.

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:27 pm
User Image

Samuel Dashwood

Sam smiled slightly as he watched Hailey. She was judging him. He looked away from her for a moment, biting his lip to stifle a small laugh. He couldn't say he was that surprised. Sam didn't know Hailey extremely well, but he knew her well enough to know that she was...particular. About pretty much everything if he figured correctly. The idea of showing up somewhere unannounced may well have shaken her to the core. He did make a mental note to keep that in mind. For what purpose, he wasn't sure yet.

He listened closely as she spoke to him, but his attention was drawn slightly as Lucy came toward him. He happily obliged the dog and began scratching her behind the ears. If nothing else came of this trip, at least he got puppy time. Whenever he got his own place a dog would be high on the list of his priorities. "Don't get me wrong, I love spending timing with all of them," he said, "maybe even including the goblins depending on my mood," he added with a laugh, "but yeah, it's good to be around, uh, people." His eyes lingered on her for a moment more than he meant to.

As she moved to the couch and asked him about work, he jumped on the answer. "It's great. I've just been in India. Beautiful country, fascinating culture and all that." He could have gone on for hours. "That's what I love about it. Getting to see all these places and barely avoidin' deadly curses." He said with a dramatic wave of his hand and a small laugh. That may have been a bit extreme, but it wasn't necessarily wrong. He had gotten out of more than one scrape by barely more than a hair's breadth. It kept things interesting.

"And how 'bout you then?" He said, finally coming to sit next to her. "I hear you're working with the Minister now if I'm not mistaken."

kiska166

So take it easy

SherbertLemondrop

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:14 pm
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer

Hailey laughed lightly with Sam when he mentioned that he liked spending time with the goblins. They were interesting creatures. Intelligent, yet stern. At least that was how Hailey thought of them based on her interactions with them at Gringotts. Outside of Gringotts, however, she had only ever learned about them while she was a student at Hogwarts. Working with them was a whole other ballpark that she hoped she’d never have to do. “I think I’d choose eleven year olds over goblins,” she admitted, her laugh fading into a smirk. Then again, she wasn’t particularly fond of children, either.

Hailey raised her eyebrows at Sam’s response. He suddenly erupted with passion as he spoke about work, which made Hailey’s stomach turn. She wasn’t sure why, but something about his energy drew her in. Once again, she laughed with him as he waved his hand dramatically, talking about how he had to dodge curses. The blonde couldn’t quite tell if Sam was being serious, but he sure sounded like he’d gone on many adventures nonetheless. “I’ve never been to India. What other cool places have you been to?” she asked curiously. Aside from family vacations, she hadn’t done much traveling. Maybe she should explore more of the world and bring a friend, or perhaps, she should take a risk and go alone. Besides, if she went to Japan or Italy, she could get by on her basic knowledge of those languages probably. A refresh may do her some good as several years have gone by since learning those particular languages in the Language Club, but maybe she’d have better luck in Portugal or Spain.

Hailey watched as Sam made his way over to the couch to join her. She shifted in her seat a little and cleared her throat before answering. “I am. I’m his Junior Assistant,” she confirmed. “The pay’s good and the job can be interesting, but typically I’m booking appointments, arranging travel plans, or sending letters, she explained before adding, “Nothing crazy like avoiding deadly curses.” Another laugh escaped her lips, and she moved a little closer to Sam.

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:09 pm
User Image

Samuel Dashwood

Sam couldn’t help but smile again as Hailey asked him about his travels. He was more than happy to answer and when people actually showed an interest he could probably go on for hours. “Oh all around,” he beamed “Egypt’s a bit of a hotspot, been there lots. I think there’s always at least one Cursebreaker from Gringotts there.” He wasn’t even sure if that was an exaggeration. “I’ve been to Brazil, Mexico, Ethiopia, and China I think. And plenty around the UK of course.”

He listened closely as Hailey briefly explained what she did. He nodded a bit. It sounded absolutely awful, but he wasn’t about to say that to her. He was pretty sure a desk job would drive him batty, though it likely fit Hailey well. “Oh I'm sure there can be plenty of room for intrigue. The Minister seems like a good man at least,” he said, “I voted for him.” As he finished, slightly awkwardly. That hardly seemed pertinent…

He hesitated for a moment. “Maybe you should run for Minister next,” he said in a playful voice. “Though if you want some deadly curses, I guess I’ll have to take you with me sometime.” As soon as the words were out of his mouth he felt a rush of heat to his face. What on earth would possess him to say something like that. And how would it come across? His brain went into overdrive trying to think of what to say, but everything thought before it made it to his mouth. It took everything he had not to sit there gaping open and shut like a fish. Instead, he just smiled and waited for her to continue the conversation, hoping that she took it up quickly enough that she wouldn’t notice his pause.

kiska166

So take it easy

SherbertLemondrop

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:48 pm
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer

Hailey raised her eyebrows, surprised that Sam had gone ‘all around’. She had a vague idea of what a cursebreaker did for a living, but she wasn’t aware of all of the traveling. She listened as he named Egypt, Brazil, Mexico, Ethiopia, China, and mentioned that he’d traveled around the United Kingdom. “Do you actually get to enjoy yourself on these trips or is it all work?” Depending on his answer, she’d know where to focus the conversation.

Hailey shrugged in response to Sam’s comment. “The job will do for now, and I rather enjoy Frederick’s company. Did you know he does yoga?” she asked matter-of-factly (if that was possible) before Sam mentioned that he had voted for him. “I couldn’t vote at the last election, but I can at the next. I’ll probably vote for him, too,” she commented. Of course, that all depended on who he ran against. Hailey couldn’t help but laugh when Sam suggested she run for Minister next. She wouldn’t hate working as the Minister for Magic. In fact, she’d probably be very good at it; however, she had other plans. Before she could respond, Sam brought up taking her with him if she wanted to see deadly curses.

Her laugh quieted as she reflected on his words. Was he actually inviting her to go on one of his work trips or was it just a figure of speech? The girl tried to read Sam’s expression as he smiled at her – and wow did he have a nice smile. “I don’t think I’m that interested in deadly curses and having to escape them, so I’ll pass,” she started and then paused for a moment, hesitating on whether or not to keep talking before ultimately taking a chance. “But if you’re ever going for fun, count me in.” Her eyes locked on his as she said this, her heart thudding in her chest. Worst case scenario, he didn’t mean what he said and he’d backtrack and blab to Jordan about her embarrassing moment. That wasn’t even that bad though, and until he got home, she would just go back to reading her book and Sam would probably end up going to play with Lucy. But then why did she feel so nervous?

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:22 pm
User Image

Samuel Dashwood

Sam nodded as Hailey spoke. “Well I certainly have fun, but I don’t get too much of a chance to do anything too touristy. Every time I’m gone somewhere I always think about how I need to come back to just have fun. Although, to be entirely fair, being there as a Cursebreaker I get to experience a whole slew of things that so few if any, other people get to do and see.” He didn’t imagine many tourists or locals got to go tromping through ancient tombs and temples.

As Hailey continued to talk about her job he smiled at her comment about the Minister doing yoga and her to stop himself from snickering. It wasn’t so much the actual thought of it, after all, yoga was great for both the mind and body, he’d done some of it himself, but rather the image of the older man barefoot in his office doing yoga while in some sort of important meeting with Ministry staff. The comment she made next, however, made him hesitate. She had been too young to vote in the last election. All things considered the age difference between the two was tiny and insignificant but he was rather forcibly reminded that he was speaking to his friend’s younger sister...but why did that matter to him?

Hailey continued, turning down his proposal and Sam got a strange feeling. Something like disappointment. Why was he feeling let down by a reply to a comment he hadn’t even meant to make. Was he seriously thinking of taking Hailey on some sort of harrowing curse-breaking adventure? This line of think stopped abruptly as she talked about going accompanying him if he was going just for fun. This again gave him a feeling he wasn’t expecting like someone had lit a fire in his chest. And then something really unexpected happened. “How about we just start with dinner?” He said, “I mean I’m sure there are loads of good Indian places in London. If you’re into that sort of thing. You know, eating.” His brain and mouth were officially no longer connected. He didn’t know who was speaking, but it couldn’t have been him. After all, he’d come here to see a friend, not ask his little sister out. Not in a million years. If that’s what this was. He certainly didn’t intend it to be a date, but he also didn’t not intend it to be one. But at the moment it was just food...right?

kiska166

So take it easy

SherbertLemondrop

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas