Mike Tenay is backstage waiting for an interview. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, Ken Armand."

Ken steps onto camera as fans out in the arena cheer.

"Ken, tonight you get to main event the Final Nitro just as you did the first against one of the two men you were in that initial match with, Cartwright. But you also have a match at Halloween Havoc against Mister Mirage, who has gotten the better of you the past several weeks. How are you feeling heading into tonight?"

Ken sighs. "Tenay, I've been the one guy to hold every championship made under the WCWG banner. I've been world champ, US champ, and Renegade champ. And believe me, now that we're GWA, I've got my eye on that National championship too. I've made a lot of history here. I was the first guy to wear that world championship and held it the longest until now, when Andre has surpassed my record. Doesn't matter, I'll get back to that world title too. But tonight, we get to revisit the past a bit." Ken pauses, thinking about that. "But that's been common for me the past several weeks, hasn't it? Think about it, Tenay. I've been choked out by the mandible claw. No one since Mankind has used that move effectively. No one has used it mainstream until now. And tonight, I face Cartwright one on one again for the first time since the very first Starrcade. Old to some, new to everyone now."

Tenay: "Surely tonight will be a test for you but as you alluded to, Mister Mirage has popped up at every turn and locked you in that mandible claw. How do you plan to combat that as one would assume he will show tonight?"

Ken runs a hand down his face, obviously frustrated. "You know, Tenay, that's a good question. I got one for you. Can a guy with a broken hand lock in that mandible claw?"

Tenay looks flustered. "Well..."

"Of course he can't!" Ken cuts him off. "Tonight, my focus is beating the current number one contender because I want my title shot. Whether it's Andre or Cartwright it doesn't matter to me. I want that belt back. If I beat him tonight, it has to put me in discussion for a shot. But as for Mister Mirage, the Mysterious Stranger, the guy in a mask with all the tricks, tonight, i would suggest he concentrate on the world champion and stay out of my business. He'll get all he can handle and then some at Halloween Havoc. Tonight, if he shows, if Cartwright's little cronies show, well, I held onto the world title as long as I did for a reason. They think they know how to play the game, but if it's a fight for survival, I can do that better than anyone. I'm leaving here tonight standing tall one way or another."

Ken walks off