[MET-Central] The Naadam (Open)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:31 pm
Autumn. As the leaves begin to turn from green to reds, oranges, yellows, and, yes, browns, and fall from the trees, the pride gathers for a new event.

It has been long whispered Lord Hien spent time amidst non-Domans escaping the plague, and the appearange of blue lion Glaurung, coming from a nomadic tribe he calls the Malaguld confirms it. The pride is abuzz with excitement, but also unease. A black lioness whom recently came with her seer-child has begun moving alone, daughter missing. There are whispers she was kidnapped by the kojin Yangu, while others claim this lioness, Nacht, herself, is a danger. While it is yet unknown what she intends, what is clear is that there is to be a tournament to relieve tensions, and to restore the samurai ranks, as many families died out in the plague.

"My people, thank you for coming so quickly." Hien speaks, eager, with Glaurung silentluy at his side, his sister by adoption at his other. For now, Nacht is unseen.

"Thank you. While I understand this is an odd festival of sorts, it means much to our friends of the nearby Steppe that we share traditions. To them, this event decided their ruler for a year. For us, it is to represent a new trend -- an opening for all to climb to our high ranks of Samurai. Even should you not win, or accept, please welcome it as a chance to test yourself. Please, come forward and state your name, and I will arrange things."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:33 pm
It's time for Doma's fiurst Naadam! The Naadam is a chance to duel, and earn the coveted title of samurai, thus joining the noble classes of Doma! The Naadam is a battle tournament run in pairs, but it seems something is brewing in the pride and things seem.. Electric. Even anxiety-loaded

How the Naadam works
Two SoA enter your typical duel and try to wound the other! Each player rolls 1 D10, and the player with the highest score wins the match. Score is tallied by adding up dice totals across five posts. To note, to qualify, there MUST be at least 3 hits that connect -- but the damage taken from these 3 hits is up to the player -- no shame in battle scars.

You are allowed two dodges, and the hit or dodge must be posted at the TOP of your post in bold (Nova can't see so good). The results will need to be linked here to qualify both players for a traffle ticket! The losers of the first round will then recieve a second chance in a loser's bracket, while winners may wait to be rewarded!... Hopefully. Sttrange things are happening....

Wait, this is a meta?!
Bingo. Bongo.

I lack Domans, may I still play?
Why yess! Rogues atre permitted in the Naadam as the only time of the year to claim the Samurai rank is to win a Naadam battle! Hence the loser's bracket, actually.

What if there's an odd number of sign ups?
The odd man out will be matched yto one of my Non-Noble Domans, or a special Non-Doman and get some extra lore or hints at whjat's coming while fighting. OOoooOOooo sooooo impressive (And I'm queen of England).

Does this all have a better prize than a rank?! >C
I'M GLAD YOU ASKED FRIENDO....  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:35 pm
Meta plot [prize

User Image

All RP links posted related to this meta count towards a ticket for this secksy boy. Because he follows pride custom rules, he must stay in the pride, and he cannoit be won by pride owners (Sorry Mango, Kai, you can only win ranks loves).

This can be a duel, participation in later meta exents tied to it, as well as the Naadam battles themselves.

He will be consifdered an NPC participant until won, at which point he will be allowed any rank up to Samurai, as he won his battles!

He is a Raffle prize,and therefor every link is a fresh new ticket into the raffle to win him! Ooooohhhhh.

All links must be posted HERE, so I can keep track!

[IC] Doma Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games