Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Doma Lands
[NAADAM-Meta] A fine day to fight (OPEN!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 pm
The flatlands in the Doman valley had been cleared of plants and stones, a central sigil formed of twigs and baubles in the center. It was a small thing, but Glaurung had told Hien the oovoo was critically important once to the Tribes of his pride in the old days to determine the Khagahn, and when they had moved on during plague, the Naadam lifted spirits.

Hien watched those of the pride seeking a fight for the nobility gather, those disinclined lounging on ledges to watch. One ear flicked, and he glanced out over the pride in silence.

"You're worried about Yangu." Lifa remarked to her brother. The royal perch was occupied by the King and princess, along with Nacht, the black lioness having come claiming to warn oif doom, and now her own child, she claimed, was misled, stolen, and she only hoped to save Doma from falling from the favor of the gods. She glanced to Hien again, and Lifa blinked at the look on her face.

"What?"

"That kojin is not worth worrying for, is all. Wasn't it not her ancestor whom betrayed Doma? You've naught to worry for, my king." Nacht sighed, not catching the pinning of Hien's ears.

"It's not like her to do this." He responded, before Lifa motioned.

"Before you two bicker, should I start the Naadam?" Lifa offered.

"I'd appreciate it, sister." Hien crooned. Lifa nodded, and leapt down, moving out onto the field to greet the competitors.

"Friends, welcome and thank you. King Hien is eager to embrace fresh blood to replenish the ranks of the Samurai, to welcome new families to honor those lost! We hope this day you find favor with the kami; and bid you fight with the strength of the ancestors of your line at your side! Now let me hold you back no longer -- please begin!"  
Eos Galvus rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:51 pm
18]Rules and How to Play

Doma's first Naadam has begun! A tradition brought in by Hien from his travels during the plague, it is modified for the Domans as a way to offer noble ranking to the pride, formerly a hereditary option only.

The Naadam is a battle for the honor of the title Samurai, meaning Domans must act according to Bushido -- no cheating allowed! - and they must claim a place in a circle around the Oovoo, a small marking in the center of the field. Those around it and seated must defend one another, making it perogative one reaches the Oovoo quickly, or fight those not close to keep them away and yourself close and to claim it. In the end, only those claiming it can become Samurai.

Rules

[* Two SoA per person please!
  • Non-lethal force only. Murderers will be slain on sight.
  • Do QUOTE the SoA owner you're challenging -- for manners.
  • You may challenge NovaCracjer and face Glaurung[/b[], a lion veteran to the Naadams Hien witnessed, for a challenge, or Grinnaux for a fellow newbie. Glaurung WILL be much harder, as he will be competing for title, whereas Grinnaux offered to help for fun.
  • Follow the dice rules please!
    Something will happen at 300 points!
  • This RP counts towards 1 ticket per SoA in the Meta Raffle! That's a max of two!

How to Play

• Make one post per SoA participating with no roll to introduce them to the fray. You may then challenge in your next post, or be challenged.
  • Wait for one other person to post before posting again, minimum. Then quote the owner and roll 1D1-0.
  • Check the chart for your result. If you instantly win, then they cannot fight back but may quote NovaCracker. An additional SoA will be ready to fight if Glaurung or Grinnaux are busy!
  • Record the roral points earned across the Naadam in your post, so the 299 point even occurs.

A quick faq is below!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:04 pm
Dice Chart and FAQ

Who can participate?[/b[
Adult full sized SoA, both Doman or rogues looking to join or rogues looking to have fun. The rank claim is SoA-linked but the game is fun!

I'm a newvie with no SoA.... Or a Familiar...
Sorry, then, you cannot play in THIS thread.

Will this meta affect the pride?
Nothing longterm will affect the pride, but there is something awful brewing.

Both of my SoA sat around the Oovoo, now what?
Enjoy the anticipation and settle your butt. Maybe goad friendos in. Make it fun.

WHAT'S GOING ON. Who's Nacht? When did she come in?!
Nacht snuck in with her daughter Efah, who ICly disappeared. She claims to know a way to restore the kami's favor.

Dice Roll Chart

1. Hard miss. Your gonna hurt tomorrow.
2-3. Lighjt hit! You only scratched the other guy, but it's a hit.
3-4 Medium hit! Hey, that blow hurt! C'mere you bugger, that's gonna hurt me so I'mmas getchuu! You definitely hurt them!
6-7. Hard hit! Ow... That'll leave them sore-- but still okay! Success!
.8=9. MASSIVE blow! OW THAT'LL HURT BAD! You might scar, but there's already a healer rushing to mend it. Carry on!
10. You just knocked the other guy on his butt and planted yours in the circle around the Oovoo. Post for the rank in the jkoining thread, you earned it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:07 pm
Dice Chart and FAQ

Who can participate?[/b[
Adult full sized SoA, both Doman or rogues looking to join or rogues looking to have fun. The rank claim is SoA-linked but the game is fun!

I'm a newvie with no SoA.... Or a Familiar...
Sorry, then, you cannot play in THIS thread.

Will this meta affect the pride?
Nothing longterm will affect the pride, but there is something awful brewing.

Both of my SoA sat around the Oovoo, now what?
Enjoy the anticipation and settle your butt. Maybe goad friendos in. Make it fun.

WHAT'S GOING ON. Who's Nacht? When did she come in?!
Nacht snuck in with her daughter Efah, who ICly disappeared. She claims to know a way to restore the kami's favor.

Dice Roll Chart

1. Hard miss. Your gonna hurt tomorrow.
2-3. Lighjt hit! You only scratched the other guy, but it's a hit.
3-4 Medium hit! Hey, that blow hurt! C'mere you bugger, that's gonna hurt me so I'mmas getchuu! You definitely hurt them!
6-7. Hard hit! Ow... That'll leave them sore-- but still okay! Success!
.8=9. MASSIVE blow! OW THAT'LL HURT BAD! You might scar, but there's already a healer rushing to mend it. Carry on!
10. You just knocked the other guy on his butt and planted yours in the circle around the Oovoo. Post for the rank in the jkoining thread, you earned it!

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:34 am
As the season is shifting the Naadam has ENDED with no participants.

The next meta thread will follow soon regardless, please watch fof it!  
[IC] Doma Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games