Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
United Kingdom Karaoke Bars

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 pm
United Kingdom Karaoke Bars

User Image

This thread serves as a generic location marker for any and all Muggle karaoke bars located in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Roleplayers are welcome to use it in the event that a character find themselves needing the services of such.

** Members are permitted to create a character-owned bar in the Shopping subforum if they so desire. **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε ïṉτø α ƒlÿ
                                          ï løøќεḋ αώαÿ - ÿøυ ώεɾε øṉ ƒïɾε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ α сhαṉģε ïṉ ÿøυ, ïτ'ṡ lïќε ÿøυ ṉεṿεɾ
                                          hαḋ ώïṉģṡ - ṉøώ ÿøυ ƒεεl ṡø αlïṿε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceSasha had a little trouble entering the bar, which wasn't all that unusual. This was a new one, a necessity since the bar she had been frequenting before was now off-limits, thanks to a barfight and a suspicious corpse found a few days later. Not that anyone could tie her to any of it, because she wasn't an idiot. Prone to moments of stupidity prompted by a loss of temper, sure, but not an idiot. Of course, the person in question happened to be her usual menu anyway, so she didn't feel too bad about it. Served him right for coming into her bar. She normally tried not to hunt in places she went to with Dylan, but in this case, she'd had to make an exception. At least the fight gave her a good excuse for not going back. If only she didn't have to go through the 'yes, I swear, I'm an adult' nonsense every time she went somewhere new, she wouldn't even care.

spaceAt least she didn't have any trouble getting a drink once she was inside, she noted. She didn't even have to flirt with the bartender, which was good since she didn't think it would've worked. Her outward appearance properly reflected her gender tonight, and some men were too gay to go for someone who was only a guy half the time. Apparently he trusted the doorman to keep any kids out, and saw no problem making her drink, given that she'd gotten past him. So far, she liked this place. Of course, she'd reserve proper judgement until Dylan showed up.

spaceThe caterwauling from the stage, oddly enough, was a point in the bar's favor. It sounded terrible, which was exactly what she liked to hear in bar that boasted karaoke nights. Free entertainment, in her opinion. It helped that she had enchanted earplugs to keep things from being too unbearable. And he was singing a proper Irish folk song, quite badly, which much of the bar was singing along to. There were people in all different manners of dress, and the woman singing when she'd first entered had been doing a modern pop number, which spoke to the diversity of the crowd quite nicely. Maybe she'd even be able to find something Russian to sing. Or something making fun of Russia, at least. Grinning widely, she positioned herself perfectly, so that she could order drinks, see the stage, and be seen from the door easily. Hopefully Dylan made it soon.

ï løøќ ατ τhε сɾøṡṡ, τhεṉ ï løøќ αώαÿ
                                          ï ģïṿε ÿøυ τhε ģυṉ - вløώ ṃε αώαÿ
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Karaoke bar - Dublin
                                          wнen - Evening, Summer 2047
                                          wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - she/her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:22 pm
I ponder of something great
My lungs will fill and then deflate
They fill with fire, exhale desire
I know it's dire my time today

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝗕𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗺𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 ▥ 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Dylan was more than happy for this date night to take his mind off his own ticking mortality for a moment. His baby tween was at a sleepover and the father was having issues reconciling with the fact that his son was staying with people who's facebook profile pictures were basically Eat, Pray, Love quotes. It wasn't his first, he'd made sure Reece had plenty of opportunities when he was younger but all those times had been at his house where he could be the Awesome Amazing Dad and create tents and smores and ignore the kids staying up until midnight. Now they no longer had a backyard and his son was staying with someone else. These people were veritable strangers and he was trusting them with his child so, admittedly, he was having a bit of a tough time.

So when a date night was proposed he literally jumped at the chance rather than stay at home and imagine all the things that could possibly go wrong or worse, spend an evening with Adam at his botanical garden get together. Nothing against plants but God in Heaven he did not want to spend an entire evening with people only saying the scientific names of plants while drinking hundred pounds worth of wine that tasted as if it was two days past its due. Still amused from the fact that Sasha, and by extension himself, were banned from a nearby watering hole, Dylan hadn't wasted any moment proposing a newer bar that had a rather interesting gimmick.

Karaoke wasn't exactly his favorite thing, but he wasn't shy about showing off his lack of musical prowess. He wore a white short sleeve button up that had carnival food caricatures all over it and his usual casual jeans. He spotted Sasha nearly straight away at the bar grinning as he noticed their interest at the stage before joining, pecking them on the cheek in greeting. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. We couldn't find a charger we needed." Dylan explained trying to sound nonchalant but possibly failing as his voice cracked while ordering a mudslide cocktail. He applauded when the man singing finally ended and was replaced with a duet. "Thinking of going up there? I bet you can't get in too much trouble singing to a bunch of happy drunks. Although, now that I've said this I feel like you'll just take it as a challenge." he amended amused.

Cara MiaKitty

I have these thoughts, so often I ought
To replace that slot with what I once bought
'Cause somebody stole my car radio
And now I just sit in silence

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceNormally, Sasha would have teased Dylan, let him think she'd been sitting here for ages waiting for him, just to yank his chain. But, something in his voice made her reconsider her instinct. She frowned slightly, hand going to his cheek to pull him in for a proper, if chaste, kiss on the lips. When she pulled back, she met his eyes, as if she could look into his soul and find what was bothering him. Of course, as good as she was at reading people, and as well as she knew him, she wasn't able to gain anything from it other than that something was bothering him. Well, she knew better than to try and get him to open up about it now. She'd wait until he had a couple drinks in him. That was usually a much more effective strategy.

spaceInstead, she released him, giving an easy smile.
                                          "Which charger?" she asked. "I trust you found it, or else decided it wasn't so important, hm?" Honestly, the only thing she could think of that would be a real cause for concern would be a phone charger, so that Reece could reach his father if needed. Of course, there was always the chance that it was just for a game system, and Reece would have to go a night without whichever one it went to.

spaceShe joined her boyfriend in applauding the singer once he was done, letting out a loud 'whoop!' when the man passed by their spot at the bar. He gave her an odd look, which she returned with a wink before turning back to Dylan. She arched her brows at him, an amused smirk on her face.
                                          "I was going to say, it's like you forget who you're talking to," she replied with a snort. "I am already thinking of songs to search the library for. I was thinking... Rasputin." She waggled her eyebrows, smirk morphing into a large, open-mouthed grin. "Or, I could let you pick. That could be fun." She wondered if she could get Dylan to sing. He was terrible, of course, but it was karaoke. The point was to be terrible.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - she/her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Dylan was pleasantly surprised to be pulled down for an actual kiss allowing himself to smile goofily at its end. "Phone. I made him take a back up power bank just in case to which also needed a charge cord." he replied with an uneasy shrug. When he received his drink, he happily cradled it close taking slow appreciative sips. While it was glorified chocolate milk, it was glorified chocolate milk with rum. "Reece is being watched by people who think the greatest contribution to musical theater is Hamilton: The Resurrection. And what scares me the most is that this isn't even the worst thing I found out about them." he bemoaned. Going through their combined facebook (a "familybook" as they had joked causing him to consider take up smoking for the first time in ever) was a mistake he wouldn't be forgiving himself for a while. "He's at a sleepover, not his first but his first away from me and I'm a bit uh, apprehensive." Dylan finally explained looking over at Sasha.

"I mean, I trust them...somewhat, otherwise he wouldn't even be over there, but it's the principle of it all! The tiny babe that I raised is getting older and slowly he's going to start pulling away from me until we're merely passing ships on the harbor where the highlight of my days will be the twice a year holiday card I get from him probably telling me a donation has been made in my honor to teach crabs ballet or something like that." he whined with his voice gradually becoming louder until he startled the bartender who'd been refilling another patron's glass. He didn't even have the presence to be embarrassed as he kept on whinging to his poor hopefully receptive partner.

The only thing that brought him out his funk was the idea of Sasha getting up and singing a mostly likely perfect rendition of Rasputin. "Rah-rah, Rasputin!" Dylan unhelpfully added with a giggle before morphing into a semi-serious hum, thinking over possible songs. "Now I'm torn, do I want to rile a bar with historical inaccuracy or do I want to see you perform Boy's Keep Swinging because I'm a horrible awful person." Shame him all you want, imagining Sasha doing Bowie's hip thrusting moves was enough to at least sidetrack his previous thoughts.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceSasha wrinkled her nose in distaste. She was no huge fan of musicals, really, but she was old enough and had been around long enough to have standards. While she was never one to stick exclusively to one genre, and didn't consider herself a snob by any means, there were just certain things that made it hard not to judge other people. Heavily. "I shudder to think what sort of television they will be putting the little mousling through," she drawled, eyes narrowing. "We will have to cleanse him later this week. A movie night." She resisted the urge to ask why, exactly Dylan was trusting these people with his offspring. Generally, questioning people's parenting was a default state for her, but in Dylan's case, she didn't think it necessary. And anyway, he explained himself. A sleepover. Hmph. She wondered at the quality of the friend hosting it, or if there were any other children present.

spaceShe didn't really know how to respond to his subsequent monologue, opting to make sympathetic cooing noises and patting his shoulder affectionately. She couldn't really relate; she'd never had children, only fledgelings. And they were already grown, and didn't need her much at all, except in those first few months while they adjusted and learned to hunt. There was Eitan, she supposed. But he wasn't her child, so it wasn't quite the same. She did wonder if Dante would feel the same about him that Dylan did about Reece, eventually. Smiling slightly, she played with her straw and said,
                                          "I think I should like to see a crab dance ballet. So perhaps it is an excellent gift." Not her funniest joke, but all she could make at the moment. "I would say that you worry too much, but the truth is I do not know. Although, I do not see Reece as ever being the sort to only send cards. You will see him still, I think." There was, after all, a special sort of bond formed between parent and child, when the other parent was a complete and utter arsehole, and the term was actually a little too polite to apply to Dylan's ex-wife, in Sasha's humble opinion.

spaceShe was glad to see that her karaoke plans, at least, had succeeded in distracting and amusing him. Grinning widely, she leaned in and kissed him.
                                          "My love," she drawled, eyes half-lidded and tone deceptively seductive, "I can do both. We will be here for a while, yes?" She debated on bargaining with him, a song for a song, but truthfully wasn't sure she wanted to push him. If he wanted to sing, he would, but if his melancholy was too overwhelming for him to get out of that particular comfort zone, she could respect that. She was an utter b*****d to most, but the exception was always the people she loved, after all. Except Dante, but he was as much of a b*****d as her, so she liked to think they were even.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wιтн - Dylan
                                          pronoυnѕ - she/her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Dylan snickered but agreed at Sasha's interjection that they would have to have a movie night with Reece soon. While from the little interaction he'd had with his son's friend he could that they didn't share allot of their parent's interest in music or musicals, sometimes you couldn't help what you like. His dad was obsessed with Bob Dylan when he was younger and he thought the guy was a hack. But does he know the entire score and lyrics of "One More Cup of Coffee"? Sure as s**t. He was thankful though that they thought the bond between him and Reece was stronger than twice a year greetings cards and assured him that his son would still be in his life despite his depressive ode saying otherwise.

Again he was grateful for Sasha and their amazing timing; karaoke and drinking far surpassed animal planet and drinking. Plus if things went well tonight, he could actually invite his love over for once with the intention of their own adult sleepover. They couldn't do it often as they might like since he read on a parenting blog to always have the child's say so before allowing a partner to start staying over more. Although he knew Reece wouldn't mind Sasha staying over during the week, he still thought it'd be better to always have a set plan before doing so that way no one was surprised in the morning. Not like they woke up at all in the morning anyway; Dylan still didn't know exactly what they did for a job but he figured it must keep them up to all hours as they slept like an actual piece of wood during the day. He even got hissed at once for moving the blinds! It'd been kinda funny and he'd enjoyed teasing them about it later on.

Dylan could feel himself physically melting at the kiss bestowed upon him and the words that came after as the world slowly melted away. He was a lucky lucky Irish b*****d and he was going to make sure this whole pub knew it by the end of the night. He grabbed one of their hands between both of his and pressed kisses all along it without a bit of regard to whoever saw. "A while, forever, whichever comes first." he replied between the kisses. "Hmm..maybe not forever. I was just thinking maybe we could have a sleepover of our own?" he advertised before his eyes lit up at an amazing idea. "Let's do a duet while we're here! I'm thinking...Abba." he grinned pressing one last kiss to Sasha's inner wrist. His poor dear must be anemic, he was always so cold.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï τhαṉќ ÿøυ ƒøɾ τhε hølε ÿøυ ḋυģ ïṉ ṃε
                                                  ƒïllεḋ ïτ ώïτh сεṃεṉτ, ṡυṉќ ṃε ïṉ ÿøυɾ ṡεα
                                                  τhαṉќ ÿøυ ƒøɾ вεïṉģ ṡø øвṡсεṉε
                                                  ï τhαṉќ ÿøυ ï τhαṉќ ÿøυ ƒøɾ ṉεṿεɾ ƒαсïṉģ ṃε
                                                  ṡώïṃṃïṉģ ïṉ τhε ṃυḋ, ṉεṿεɾ сøṃïṉģ сlεαṉ
                                                  ï τhαṉќ ÿøυ ƒøɾ ṉøτhïṉģ ïṉ вετώεεṉ
                                                  ÿεṡ, ï τhαṉќ ÿøυ ƒøɾ lεαṿïṉģ

spaceRory debated, not for the first time since arriving, moving to sit at the bar. He was currently at a corner table, alone, because he was here for a hookup and coming with friends seemed stupid when he was planning to ignore them and flirt with some bloke. Plus, he didn't even want to imagine how much of a nightmare Cel would be in a karaoke bar. Not to mention who all from the theater he'd bring along, and that was basically the entirety of Rory's social circle these days, Kimi excepted. So, alone was better. The corner booth, he was still unsure about. On the one hand, it was far enough away from the stage that he was partially spared from the more, uh, colorful performances. On the other hand, "alone in a corner booth" didn't exactly scream "single and ready to mingle" to an outsider.

spaceThis, he thought, is why he normally did dance clubs. But, he had recently pissed some people off in three of his five normal haunts, and, having seen the ad in the paper for this particular place, newly opened, his inner diva had insisted. It'd been a long time since he'd performed in front of anyone, in any capacity, and while he wasn't a singer (better than some of this lot, though), he wasn't one to pass up the chance to be on stage. Go figure, he'd never quite grown out of his "slut for attention" phase. He'd just tacked being an actual slut on top of it.

spaceIf only, he thought, one of these arseholes would sing something to encourage dancing. So far it'd mostly been moody white people crooning, with the occasional interlude for a song older than his Uncle Cal that had inexplicably become a "karaoke classic" almost a century ago. If he never had to hear Don't Stop Believing again, it'd be too soon, he didn't care how recent or supposedly good the cover was.

spaceMaybe, just maybe, if he got up and sang something with a beat, someone else would follow suit. Or, maybe he could get up and swivel his hips a little and encourage someone to take him home sooner, rather than later. Mind made up, he tossed back the rest of his drink and headed to the... DJ? What was the term for that, anyway? Whatever. He had a song request to put in.

ï вïτε ḋøώṉ α lïττlε hαɾḋεɾ, ṃÿ вlαḋεṡ α lïττlε ṡhαɾρεɾ
                                                  ṃÿ ɾøøτṡ, ṃÿ ɾøøτṡ ɾυṉ ḋεερ ïṉτø τhε hølløώ
                                                  ṡτɾïќε вαсќ α lïττlε hαɾḋεɾ, ï ṡсɾεαṃ α lïττlε løυḋεɾ
                                                  ï'ṃ ṡτɾøṉģεɾ τhαṉ ï εṿεɾ ќṉεώ, ï'ṃ ṡτɾøṉģ вεсαυṡε øƒ ÿøυ
                                                  ï hïτ вαсќ α lïττlε hαɾḋεɾ, ƒυсќ ÿøυ α lïττlε løυḋεɾ

wнere - Gay Karaoke Bar - London
                                                  wнen - Evening, Summer 2051
                                                  wιтн - - - -
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:12 pm
You are now tuned into the tomb of Jehova
Play my tunes loud enough to shake the room, what's the hold up?
Heard the world is ending soon I assumed that they told ya
They tryna dinosaur us so now it's time to go up

Grγffιηδσr λlυmηι ¤ Sιηglε ¤ Mαgιzσσlσgιsτ

Jack enjoys his sporadic holidays back home for the pure fact of finally being able to let loose and not think of the consequences of having a tequila migraine while dealing with a nesting dragon. Tonight had the added benefit of Andi's accompaniment since even when he was in town, their schedules didn't always sync with her training and his lazing on his brother's couch eating an entire jar of pickles. But today the stars had aligned and she had actually propositioned a hangout which of course he was going join. And then they arrived at a karaoke bar and he had hoped (prayed really) that this was just a very long and elaborate prank.

Half an hour later and ordering his second rum and coke he was still praying. He returned to their table with his drink and trying-and failing-not to cackle too loudly at the couple finishing up their rendition of "Total Eclipse Of the Heart." While he did pout momentarily after getting dressed up to basically go to a bachelorette party on steroids, Jack did find himself enjoying watching other people make dramatic asses of themselves. Which, now that he's thinking, is probably why Andi likes this sort of thing. "What I want to know what gives people the confidence, nay the cajones to get in front of strangers and sing a song about a couple settling for each other and do so off key while also fondling each other I'm. Just. Amazed." 'Fondling' might've been overzealous but they were still disgustingly close to one another. Then again, that might be his ugly green jealousy monster because he didn't have someone to mistakenly fondle in front of strangers.

The young Scot hid his sigh beneath another sip of his drink as he watched the couple leave and a young man now take the stage and suddenly his thirst was no longer for sweetened alcohol. He stared for so long he only became aware he was still holding his drink after he spilled a bit of it into his lap causing him to jump and curse. As he was patting himself dry, Jack looked back up to see that the man had finished his song and was now sauntering (he couldn't think of a more accurate word than '********') back to his seat. He didn't even realize he was standing until he noticed some of the people around him giving him strange looks. "I'm about to make either the best decision or the biggest mistake right now and I don't even care which." was all he managed to tell his friend before he left the table.

He started over after the mystery man who not just had hips that could literally rock a world but an arse that could make him believe anything was possible. It was the type of pure perfection that could make him believe the earth was flat because obviously it got jealous after spotting such an amazing array of curves. Before he realized it, Jack was now in front of this mystery man after waxing half-drunk soliloquies about said man's fantastic assets. ******** it, (godhewished) it was now or never. "I realize this is random and also highkey lowkey creepy but I just wanted to say that I appreciate your um, talents and am greatly appreciative that you chose something that didn't immediately cause me to re-evaluate if I was in a new coming of age movie." he finished with smirking grin and a small prayer the man hadn't actually noticed his wayward eyes or thoughts.

Don't stop, b***h, stay focused, they hated on us since days of Moses
Let my people go crazy, them stars falling, don't chase 'em
The sky's falling, baby
Drop that a** 'fore it crash (higher)

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceRory had felt eyes on him, of course, during his performance. He was already planning what his next song choice would be to try and draw someone more fully in, when he was approached by another guy on his way back to his table. Well, maybe his plan had been better than he'd thought. Or this guy was really straightforward. Or desperate.

spaceWell, it wasn't like Rory was picky. And he was cute.

spaceHe smiled at the younger-looking guy, narrowing his eyes.
                                                  "So which is it? Highkey or lowkey? Cannae be both." He crossed his arms, leaning against a (rather conveniently placed) support beam. "Then again, s'pose tha's up tae me. Ye're cute, so I'll go wit lowkey and give ye a chance to redeem yersel', how's 'at?"

spaceHe winked, then straight-up sauntered away and towards the table he'd claimed, curious if the other guy was following him. He didn't bother to check, though; he knew how this worked, and he didn't want to be the one that looked over-eager. He was too old for that shite. To his pleasure, he had indeed been followed. He sat back down at the table, flagged down a server, and eyed the other man. "What're ye drinkin', mate?" he asked.

spaceOnce their orders had been taken, he stretched his arms across the back of the booth, grinning.
                                                  "Glad tae knaw someone appreciated m' song choice. Was a bi' gloomy in 'ere, I thought, or a bi' old. Nae one fer either, mesel'. Hopin' I may've started a new trend, if we're lucky." He gestured with a hand to the seat across from him. Truth be told, his song had been a little more pop than he actually liked to listen to on a daily basis. But it was what was good for dancing to, and dancing was what he wanted to do. He'd never had much luck trying to pick up blokes in a mosh pit.

wιтн - Jack
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 pm

If Jack had been in a drunker state of mind he would've groaned aloud at hearing the mystery man's accent. He blames summers at his grandparent's for why he's got such reactions for thick Scottish accents as those are generally all that he would here in the small touristy town. And he even called him cute! Score! "I greatly appreciate the chance to continually make a fool out of myself in your glorious presence." he replied grin widening to cheeky proportions. It wasn't even a thought of whether or not he should follow this handsome unknown stranger to a dark and secluded portion of the club because at least if he died, he would go knowing he'd seen the Mona Lisa of asses.

Like a child to the pied piper, Jack followed on with nary a thought and found himself sitting across from his mystery man and asked about his drinks. "Oh uh, just a scotch neat, thanks." he orders figuring he might as well since his rum and coke was probably more ice water than anything at the moment. He grinned again as he was complimented for complimenting his singing choice nodding along as he completely understood and not just agreeing because he knows the guy is sitting on an absolute stuffed pillow. "Hopefully yeah. I don't know how many times a person can hear Tom Petty and not immediately want to yeet themselves off the nearest building." he snorted.

He tried to keep his gazing respectful but it was pretty damn hard when the guy was just stretched like some renaissance panting sans the popped out titties (welldammitnowhe'sthinkingaboutitabortabort) "I'm Jack by the way. Unless you prefer to either not know names or know fake ones. Because if that's the case, my name can whatever you want it to be." Jack leaned forward bracing his elbow on the table so his hand could hold his face as he directed a wink towards his companion.

The sky's falling, baby

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:13 am
User ImageUser Image

spaceChrist, this guy was laying it on thick. Rory'd thought he looked young, but this was more indicative of it than his appearance was. He gave him an appraising look, considering for a moment before asking, "How old're ye, 'xactly?" He didn't have many standards, but not picking up sweet little baby gays and giving them a complex was certainly one of them. Then again, might just be a theater kid. God knows Rory had plenty of experience with those. And was banned from picking up people at the Hobgoblin, incidentally, which would've made him mad if Cel didn't follow the rule himself.

spaceHe did arch a brow at the guy's order, because it wasn't what he would've expected. He hardly gave off the 'neat scotch' vibe. Rory would've had him pegged for some ridiculous cocktail for sure. Not that he had any problem with that; they tasted good, and got you wasted but quick. He was more likely to judge someone for ordering wine in a place like this than anything else. He echoed to the server that he wanted the same, figuring it was as good a choice as any. And winked at the server, for good measure. Which had been part of what got him into trouble at those other bars, but he'd be more careful this time. Get in the staff's good books as a harmless flirt. Not sleep with half the of them and not worry about how it might affect their interpersonal drama.

spaceRory gave a dramatic put-on shudder at the mention of Tom Petty.
                                                  "Ought nae be singin' not'in' so ole, if ye ask me." He liked the classics just fine. But not in a karaoke bar. "I's li' naebody appreciates where they are! I'll gie someone a pass, if i' looks li' they're hurtin' bad, but most'a this lot jes seems tae want tae sing mellow songs. Do tha' in yer car or shower, I reckon." He briefly tuned into the song currently being performed, which, while still on the old side, was at least more upbeat. He'd take early-aughts pop over Phil-Bloody-Collins any day. Or, horror of horror, the Beatles.

spaceOf course, the next act ruined that vibe entirely, not traveling back in time, but choosing something by one of those random alt-rock bands headed by a guy who ended up killing himself, or at least tried very, very hard.
                                                  "Chris' almighty, I ken it's rough ou' there, bu' somebody needs tae lighten up." At least this song was more angry than sad. That was something. He'd be more inclined to appreciate it, if the guy could actually sing and seemed like he picked the song for a reason other then looking cool and edgy for the undoubtedly dubiously-BDSM'ed bloke he was eyeing from the stage.

spaceMaybe it was just a bad night. He'd come by one more time, on a Saturday probably, to see what the crowd was like then. In the meantime, however, he had other things going for him.

spaceThe guy - Jack - was either very new at this, or just very, very awkward. Rory gave him a droll look.
                                                  "Tael me, does tha' bumblin' thin' usually work fer ye, or isi' sommat yer tryin' out?" He smiled as he said it to soften the comment, make it a tease rather than an insult. He wasn't sure he hit the mark, but then, he was used to people thinking he was an a*****e. Had been since he was eight. "If yer gonna use a fake name, mate, sugges' ye pick i' out beforehan'. Saves ye alla wha'e'r tha' was." Their drinks arrived, and he downed his and ordered a cocktail before saying, "Me name's Rory, by th' by. Unless ye wan' a fake one. Then i's Sean." He winked.

wιтн - Jack
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Jack flushed at bit at the question of his age wondering what he'd done to set it off. He knew he'd always look at least a little younger than he actually but he just chalked it up to good genes (no one believed his gran Jarai's true age and she was pretty much his goal). "Uh...twenty-two?" he winced as soon as he said. Way to totally make it believable that you're a real adult there Jackie. "I swear I'm only like this because I stared at your arse earlier and not because I'm actually underaged." There were probably different and better ways he could've said that or just in general handled that interaction, but if there was one thing Tipsy!Jack knew how to do well it was be horny on main and be hella honest. It even became sort of a running joke in the dorms once they snuck a few drinks for his roommates to ask him odd questions and get his too honest opinions.

Luckily though, his partner of the evening went back to bemoaning the musical choices of the patrons around them which let him off the hook. Kinda. Jack was going to point out that the person coming off the stage hadn't been bad per se but his words died in a choke of laughter when the next person stepped up belting out something that sounded like teenage angst and heartbreak and was just...it definitely could've been better. But he appreciated the guy's aesthetic; he really only liked leather in one or two places but he wasn't one to judge. He was jolted from his thinking by the question of his supposed bumbling which, rude. Not everyone can be suave and have a banging arse; some are just mere mortals. The smile definitely helped though so he couldn't even get mad (the joke being he wasn't even a little mad more bruised).

"I feel like if I tell you it's genuine you'll walk away which is bad because then we can't continue the night together but good for me because at least I'd get a nice view." Jack's eyes widened wondering if maybe he should've stopped his drinking exactly two drinks ago before and if he'd have to make a run for it. If only to save whatever tattered remains of ego there was left from his siblings, cousins, and Andi.

Instead though he let out a surprised snort and giggle as the man actually offered advice on giving out fake names before giving his actual one. He was supposing it was his actual one since he tagged on that his fake one could be Sean which had Jack wrinkling his nose into his scotch glass. An arse like that didn't belong to any Sean he knew. "For what it's worth, I should at least thank you for letting me stick around as long as I have. I've been uh...rusty I guess would be the right term for it."' he admitted with a grin and shrug.

The sky's falling, baby

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceRory clicked his teeth, not surprised by his answer but not overwhelmingly thrilled about it, either. Twenty-two was a bit young, really. Not so young that they hadn't had some overlap at school (which was becoming a problem; he'd gotten hit on a few weeks back by a kid fresh out of secondary and had to re-evaluate his life choices). But still pretty young, really. Rory was almost thirty and this kid was barely in his twenties.

spaceStill, he was cute.

space"Didn't think ye were underage," he said. "Maybe barely legal. Good tae ken my arse is so hypnotic it turned ye inta an idjit, though." What could he say, he liked having his ego stroked. And other things, but that was neither here nor there. Or, well. In terms of time and place, the time was "maybe an hour or two" rather than "right now," and the place was "mine or yours," not "here." Probably sooner than later, though, because Rory was not blessed with much patience, and his libido even less.

spaceTo his credit, at least the kid was honest. That was pretty rare. His honesty seemed to manifest as word vomit, but there were worse things to be. Like an arse. Rory, being an arse himself, could attest to that. Unfortunately for the entire rest of the world, he was too stubborn to stop being one.
                                                  "I ain't walkin' away yet," he drawled, "but yer on thin ice." His expression, of course, belied this statement. It was kind of refreshing, really. Earnest and self-deprecating and cute. And clearly completely unaware of all of it, which was weirdly working in his favor.

spaceAt Jack's declaration that he was 'rusty,' Rory barked out a laugh.
                                                  "I'd say yer tae young tae be rusty already, but I remember what I was like when I was twenty-two," he mused. "Actually, I might even be impressed. Rusty implies previous experience that ye've nae kept up wit." Personally, Rory thought "inexperienced" was probably a more accurate term. But, who knows, maybe the kid was a player in his school days.

wιтн - Jack
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
The United Kingdom