Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:33 pm
"So few have seen or even believe the existence of this place, yet you've taken us to it with relative ease," I muttered, the scale of this whole thing overwhelming me a bit. "I may well be stating the obvious at this point, but I take it you've been here before. Somehow, I doubt this is your second visit." At this point, I had begun wondering where Sub was even taking us, but as it usually went with Sub, I was better off enjoying the ride, such as it was. One thing I couldn't argue, though... this place certainly had a beauty to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:27 am
SubonicXP

"You know... for a place I only got glimpses of from your mind during that whole Mossdeep incident, this still has to be the weirdest place I've been to." Cera knew good and well this was far from Sub's first visit here, and while she could call her original home somewhat exotic compared to the norm most people knew, it had nothing on this place. Just being here felt a little intimidating, but there was a sense of curiosity finally being appeased.

"That explains your hunch," Sol added, turning his attention towards Sub after his explanation. "So this the place you've gone off to while keeping that card close to your chest. I have to say, the blurbs I've seen in any books do not do these ruins justice. I can see why it'd be revered like it is."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 am
SubonicXP

Odd followed along, continuing to visually scan the area for signs of where they were until Sub spoke. "This place has only been rumored to exist for... the entirety of human history, give or take a few eons." He responded as they stepped over the apex of the incline they had ascended. It had been a difficult climb but the Channeler didn't seem to have been phased by the exertion.

"This is... Incredible. Not a single depiction by artist or author has ever done this place true justice." He fawned in awe over the scene that was spread before them. The complex that had become known as the Sinjoh Ruins laid bare before the Snagems shone with an almost godly light all on it's own and, just shy of the complex itself, the snow came to an abrupt end. It wasn't even as if the snow were melting away. It just... couldn't reach the ruins. As if some divine hand held the forces of nature at bay and allowed the earth where the ruins sat to remain unspoilt.

Even from atop the peak, he could feel a sense of warmth and belonging emanating from the complex. Something down there was welcoming them all home, though he wasn't certain exactly what at the moment. "You're not thinking what I think you are... are you?" He finally asked after basking in the warm, spiritual embrace of the locale and recovering enough to begin moving again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 am
Leon watched as a couple of us comforted our leader. He was sure, if anyone were to loose their partner like the way he did. They would be the same way. They started walking again as the cold winds stopped as they were introduced to the Sinjoh Ruins. He was surprised as he looked around. "The Sinjoh Ruins...? The place where Giritina, Palkia, and Dialga were created?" He said as he looked at Sub, this man. Had so many secrets. He thought he has seen everything about this man. But he was wrong. He listened to what Odd asked as he couldn't wrap his finger around it now. Why were they asked here?  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:34 pm
Sub couldn't help but crack a small smile as he listened to the responses of his teammates. Their shock and awe helped him forget about the pain he was suffering but it wasn't enough to break him out of his moaning, especially after he considered what Odd said but then shook his head. "I've been here...often, since I found it. So much that finding my way here is like finding your way home." He responded to Terashi. "But yes, such a place I feel like should be guarded jealously, or else the world would spoil its mystic and wonder. And yes, it's the same place, if you can call it a 'place' at that time, where the Creation Trio were born. Of course then this...location? Was nothing but then suddenly everything for a time. Hard to wrap your head around it, I know." The man then answered Sol and Leon.

That's when he decided to address Odd's question, one he considered greatly, but perhaps it was a taboo even he didn't feel right breaking. "No, or rather, not anymore. I tried to play god once, to tame with the forces of life and death. That's not a path I want to travel down further than I already had. The Mystri Stage will remain untouched." He reassured Odd.

Ignoring further questions for the time being he continued along the ancient, older than ancient, stone path, stopping several yards away from the only still standing structure dead ahead. Scanning the nearby area, including the sky, he seemed to be searching for something. Not wanting to wait any longer for whatever he sought the man called out. "Nevermore!" He shouted into the sky.

As if the word was some sort of magical incantation a tremendous murder of Murkrow came fluttering out the trees around them, a swarm of black dots rising up into the sky before coming together in one giant dark blob wiggling the air. One by one the numerous Darkness Pokemon landed around the Snagems, perching on boulders, stone pillars, lone trees, though a majority were forced to make a ground landing due to their sheer numbers. The Snagems were then subjected to a wild chorus and disjointed squawks, each of them attempting to say the same word but all failing to get it exactly right.

"Ever! Ever!"
"Momo!"
"Er-more!"
"Nev!"

They squawked madly, doing their best to mimic Sub's call it seemed like. Regardless of their failure it looked like Sub was happy to see them, very happy in fact regardless of what brought him here, and the Murkrow themselves seemed please to see him as well.

"Snagems, meet Nevermore's siblings." Sub said with a barely sorrowful smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:08 pm
To say that I was surprised by the sudden appearance of a swarm of Murkrow would be putting it lightly, but I did my best to keep my composure. What caught me off-guard was the frantic attempts to mimic Sub that never quite met the mark. I wasn't quite sure what to say in that moment, though. It was clear that Sub was hurt by the loss of his favorite Murkrow, but was he here for a replacement? To share his mourning with the flock? I felt it'd be wrong to ask, so I kept my thoughts to myself and let the man do what he came here to do. I could try to piece this all together after the fact.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 pm
Odd nodded silently when Sub denied his wondering. That was good. He did wonder, momentarily, what exactly Sub meant by "playing god once" but he had moved beyond that before the Channeler had much chance to inquire. Not that it mattered at the moment. It also seemed a bit hypocritical of him, after he considered the fact that he was a necromancer. He had no real room to talk about playing with the forces of life and death.

The entire train of thought was derailed rather quickly, however, was Sub called out and was answered a hundred-fold within seconds. "Um... I didn't even know Nevermore had any siblings." He commented before wondering for a moment what all these Murkrow had to do with what they had come here for. Was Sub simply sharing his mourning with them? Was he, perhaps, hoping to find another Murkrow here whom he may have bonded with alongside Nevermore? Or... Was there something else going on that none of them were considering? Sub was quite fond of his secrets and this place, if none other, was certainly more full of them than any other.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
Leon was startled by the sudden rush of a horde of wings flapping. His Alolan Vulpiz was startled as she ran back to him and hid in his coat. Leon looked around as the group was surrounded by Murkrows. It caught him off guard when the name Nevermore attracted this many. He walked over to a group of Murkrow as they were mimicking Sub. "What a big family...." He said as he couldn't help but wonder. How did this many Murkrow get here in the Sinjoh Ruins  

Cecile Silverstone

DignityPower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Hearing the others' comments about the place made Veronica appreciate it more and relax a bit. Until all the birds came down around them. She looked around, flipping her head back and forth. She relunctantly allowed them to land on her shoulders, hoping none of them would poop on her. Still, it was pretty cool to see so many of them come by at Sub's call. She turned to him, then filled with curiosity as to what he wanted to do. It almost made her want to take one of them with her but decided not to speak up about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:05 am
"Big indeed." Sub agreed with Leon as the birds flocked around them, every single avian eye fixed on the Dark One with a look of joy, admiration, and curiosity, like how a young child might look at their father after they came home from a long down at work. Perhaps most strangely Sub ignored the murder of Murkrow and their vain attempts to repeat the phrase of his late best friend and instead began to walk through the flock, down the ancient stone path, headed towards the shrine at the very end.

The flock shifted with Sub as he moved, matching his pace almost exactly, a slow moving sea of black feathers following him and yet purposely parting to give him room to proceed forward. It was obvious these birds had a deep and profound respect for the trainer, as if here he really were a god and they his followers. The Murkrow completely ignored the other Snagems as well.

Now standing in front of the shrine, its entry open to the world, no door to block it, the Dark One would stare at the ancient structure for a good long while, as if recalling events that to him seemed as old as this place. Shaking off this sense of nostalgia he held the black feather he carried high above his head in his right hand, all that he had left of the most loyal Pokemon he had ever known. The murder of crows perked up upon seeing this feather and began to crow even more madly than before, still trying, and failing, to say the word 'Nevermore' but never once giving up. The collective sound was deafening.

"Nevermore!" An echoing squawk rung out from inside the shrine, barely audible above the crows of the flock and even if the Snagems themselves couldn't hear it the other Murkrow most certainly did as they all at once, as if someone hit the mute button, went silent. "Nevermore!" The mysterious entity inside the shrine squawked again, this time heard by all very well thanks to the sudden, and perhaps uncomfortable, silence that fell over the land.

Following this second squawk came waddling out of the shrine what looked to be a very old Honchkrow. Its age was clear by its physical state, its gait reduced to a slow and purposeful stumble, its feather 'beard' long and off white, its wing feathers frayed and missing a few, flight beyond its capabilities in its old age. In spite of its aged and pitiful state it was clear that these Murkrow held this bird in incredibly high esteem and respect, perhaps rivaling that of what they held Sub in.

Before the Honchkrow got to the end of the stone floor where the stairs began Sub rushed up the steps himself, feather in hand, as if to stop the bird from trying to make its way down the steps which one could tell from its body language it had every intent on doing in spite of how clear it was that performing such a simple physical task may not be safe for it. Making it up to the Big Boss Pokemon with the stone cold gaze the two, human and Pokemon, looked into each others eyes for a moment, several feet apart. A lot was said in that moment between the two and once their unspoken conversation was over Sub squatted down in front of the Honchkrow and laid the black feather of Nevermore in front of it, the large bird looking down at it for awhile before raising its tired old head up towards the sky and let out a caw one might not think such an old bird was capable of anymore.

"Nevermooore!" The shrill and loud caw burst out from its open beak, echoing far into the woods surrounding this sacred land, even Sub had to flinch due to the sheer volume, especially since he was so close to the source. In response the murder of crows would lower their heads and stretch one wing out at their side, as if bowing and paying their respects. The Big Boss Pokemon glared down at them as they kept their heads down, as if making certain they all did as they were commanded. Once pleased with the display the Honchkrow let out a chirp, the murder responding by lifting their heads and proceeding to go on about their business promptly after, some flying away, others pecking the ground to forage, and a great few deciding to examine the other Snagems, it had been awhile since they had seen a human who wasn't Sub.

"Everyone, I would like you all to meet someone very special." He told the Snagems, now standing up and facing them from his position at the top of the shrine's steps, the Honchkrow holding the black feather in its beak. "This is Nevermore, the first Nevermore. Madam Boss and Mother Crow to all the Murkrow you see and saw here."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DignityPower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:00 am
At the first sight of Madam Nevermore, Veronica's jaw dropped. It was strange, curious, majestic and beautiful to see a wild pokemon so old. It was common to find cute babies roaming around in the wild. Some times you could find larger adults, among which there were those to be wary of. And so few times were there these truly elder pokemon. In captivity, perhaps, they could be found. Even so, they wouldn't see battle. This was a treat however. Veronica remained speechless and simply nodded when introduced. She hoped truly to one day grow old alongside her pokemon, or vice versa.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am
The whole event seemed a bit trippy. The swarm of small Murkrow trying repeatedly in vain to recite the supposedly holy word, by the way they acted, and Sub just walking through the swarm like it was nothing. It was clear they all adored him, but he didn't seem to share the sentiment - or if he did, he kept that feeling to himself - perhaps not unlike a father coming home after a long business trip. The whole thing brought back bittersweet memories that I wasn't quite willing to discuss. But things got stranger when the giant, clearly aged Honchkrow appeared, Sub having to walk up to it to keep it from hurting itself. As Sub placed a feather between himself and what turned out to be the progenitress of this murder of Murkrow, a thought occurred to me that I'm not all too proud of - that perhaps, in this sacred place, surrounded by the ancestors and descendants (or perhaps younger siblings), that he might just be performing some kind of ritual to bring back Nevermore - HIS Nevermore - to the land of the living. Then I saw all the baby Murkrow moving as if to bow, and I realized the true nature of this event.

They were paying their respects.

As the Mother Crow calmed down, the babies scattered, each doing their own thing of sorts, though there were enough of them that it looked like they were grouping up. As Sub introduced the original Nevermore to the Snagems present, I lowered my head in respect, but refrained from saying anything, having no clue whatsoever on what to say after witnessing all that. Perhaps silent reverence was the greatest form of respect I could show to this creature, but the truth was that I was simply speechless.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:28 pm
Leon merely bowed his head like in his Alola culture would to the massive but old Honchkrow. But it did have him thinking, if this was the first Nevermore. Why did it stay here? And not stay by Sub's side for all this time? So many questions popped into his head. But, he was sure he would get some sort of answer soon enough. Seeing how they were in a place that was truly, hard to find.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 pm
Odd watched the procession involving the various Murkrow and the massive, elderly Honchkrow with a distinctly keen eye. This was definitely a funeral procession of sorts. The Murkrow were lamenting the loss of their sister and the Honchkrow, a grieving mother, was heartbroken at the death of her child, as any mother would be.

The young man made sure to bow in respect to the Honchkrow, understanding her status and position in this world so separate from their own. He was left speechless and unable to come up with anything other than that bow to respond with for the moment, however. He had thoughts on what was going on beyond that but so far, Sub didn't seem to have any ulterior motives for coming here beyond a proper goodbye to his friend.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:26 am
Nevermore the First didn't utter a single sound when introduced to the Snagems, she simply did some sort of bow-like thing with her head before turning around and walking into the darkness of the temple behind them. Sub glanced back as she walked off before turning back to the Snagems to address some of the questions he figured they had. "Nevermore, the first Nevermore, was a young chick when I found her over forty years ago, myself a young child at that time. See where this is going? You see how ancient she is and yet if you pop open any Pokedex you'll find that Murkrow and Honchkrow only live for roughly twenty years and Nevermore herself was a runt abandoned by her parents. Sure, a well taken care of Pokemon can live well past its average lifespan but Nevermore had not just her diminished size and strength from birth but also the fact that by the time I found her she was injured, evidentially suffered when thrown from the nest. I nursed her back to health the best I could as a young boy but she never fully recovered and was incapable of sustained flight for her entire life." Sub began to explain.

"When I found this place I saw an opportunity not just for myself but for Nevermore as well. She was already reaching her limits when I found the ruins, well short of twenty years old by that time. So I had the idea to leave her here so that perhaps she enjoy a better and longer life. Now I know the next question you might have, how did she give birth to all these if time doesn't pass here. That's the thing, time can pass here, in a way. You may have noticed it on the walk here, that the environment, or rather reality its self, responded to me and my presence. That's how this place works, it responds to a strong will. Everything here with enough willpower is malleable, perhaps more than even I understand. Nevermore's will is strong, stronger than any Pokemon I have ever known. The fact that she survived outside of this place for so long despite her disadvantages is proof of it." He commended the Pokemon.

"For her it appears she ages very slowly, just enough in spurts to go through a pregnancy and rear her young. Some those young age relatively normally, not that they lack the will to manipulate this place but perhaps that they simply are unaware, it's hard to say. However I also learned through Nevermore that no one can live here forever, eventually one loses the will to live forever, which is why Nevermore began to have children in the first place. It was through them that she was able to find the will to live this long. That is why I took one of her children away from this place and the promise of immortal paradise. It was through Nevermore the Second and Nevermore the Third, the Nevermore you all knew, that she found the will and pride to continue on, eager to hear the stories of her children on the outside." He continued before walking down the steps towards the Snagems.

"With that said I don't know if there will be a fourth Nevermore just yet. I don't know how well Nevermore the First can take another death, despite how much she enjoyed the adventures of her children. Plus I'm not sure if I myself am prepared for another, Nevermore the Third was very special to me. Maybe I will one day, but I fear there won't be a Madam Boss waiting here to bring back a feather next time." He insinuated that he doubts Nevermore the First lacks the willpower to keep living here.

"For now I think it's best I leave things as they are. There is just two more things I want to take care of before I leave." He said before turning towards the forest. "You can come out now, Masque." The man called out to the forest, a gust of wind blowing from the trees in response.

"Shift." The shiny Wickid Pokemon declared as it appeared in front of Sub, a small little twister with leaves dancing around in it appearing along with it and soon dissipating.

"Here is another Pokemon for you guys to meet, Masque, or Red Death as some liked to call him back in the day." The man chuckled. "He was a Pokemon I left behind when I first found this place and captured Registeel, the guardian of Sinjoh Ruins. In our battle I had injured Registeel so I left Masque to help look after the place just in case. When I returned to reclaim Registeel I decided to let Masque remain here so that the place wasn't left completely unguarded. This time though, Masque, you're coming back with me." He informed the shiny Pokemon who seemed indifferent either way, simply nodding. Sub would not delaying in fishing out an old Dusk Ball and recalling the Pokemon to it.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving this place unguarded this time. I think it's time I let some legends fade back into myth, for now." With that said he took out a Master Ball and tossed it up to the temple's landing, the ball popping open to release the Iron Pokemon, the Regi now standing in front of the entrance to the temple. "Registeel, you are to resume your temple guard duties for the foreseeable future." He informed the Pokemon who proceeded to give off a quick succession of beeps as if to confirm the order. "Hopefully I won't have reason to come back for you." He said before turning his back and beginning to proceed down the ancient path headed away from the temple, walking through the flocks of Murkrow. "Let's go home. Maybe next time I'll show you guys what's in there. But for now I think I've dazzled your minds enough for one day." He chuckled, stopping dead in his tracks as he heard a squawking sound behind him.

"Nevermore!" One of the Murkrow crowed, the man quickly spinning around to see the source of it. A tiny little young Murkrow, barely even fledged, its 'hat' shaped crown not even fully grown yet. The two stared at each other for awhile, Sub with a quizzical look and the young Darkness Pokemon with eyes full of wonder. The Dark One would smile at the bird before turning away from it, saying nothing more and instead continued on his path to leave the Sinjoh Ruins behind, mumbling something to himself. "Quoth the Raven."

[Fin]  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces