User Image

Singsong had been trying to hunt with minimal success over the course of the day. With her blurred vision, hunting was always more exciting than accurate. She would find things to eat eventually, but fresh prey, especially with all of the snow around during the cold season, was hard to come by.

"Maybe I should become a bird." Mused Singsong as she tried to pick up a scent. "I could poke around in the ground for worms. I've never had a worm, before. They could be just as good as anything else I've eaten, or better." She paused for a moment to paw at the ground, but found that under the snow, the ground was hard. Too hard to try to claw into for worms, she suspected.

"Okay, no worms today." She relented. "We'll have to stick with furry creatures." And so she continued to set off. As she was coming around a wiry patch of bracken bushes, she heard a gentle rustling nearby. Perking her ears, she looked around and spotted something long, brown and... sort of fluffy. Whatever animal that belongs to has to be tasty! She thought and lowered herself into her hunting crouch. She took immense care to place down her paws softly into the snow. Then, when she felt as though she was close enough, she launched herself at the fluffy creature. "I've got you!" She announced, but wait-it was bigger than any prey she'd ever seen. Did she get lucky? No, this was- "You're not a mouse! You're a CAT!"

Kivras