Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Delacroix Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Merc was confused and mommy seemed bothered. Did he do a No-No? He looked at the phone for a moment but he couldn't read like Sissy could. He knew small words from his picture books but none of those were in here. He passed the phone back to Sissy. Mama needed adult help with the hot oven and they needed a ferdie. Was that a bird? There were birds outside! But why did they need the phone? Merc was confused but wanted to help Mama find the ferdie she needed whatever it was! Sissy even asked him what a feride was. Perhaps it was a special name for Daddy? Like the superheroes on the tv! Daddy was a superhero!?

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Home - Kitchen
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules and Merc, the dream team
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Low Battery Warnings
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I can't believe I forgot to charge my own arm!

Bet sighed when Jules asked why Grandpa Terrence was listed as Dad in her phone. "Because Grandpa Terrence is my dad. Just like how Grandpa Eme is your dad's dad." That was at least a basic enough answer. She didn't want to say the phrase 'everyone has a dad' because not only was it not true, but because there was a pretty significant chance it'd come to bite her in the butt later.

Then the kids started trying to determine who and/or what a Ferdie was. Oh boy. "Ferdie is your dad's first name. Like how my name is Elisabet. Or Bet. Your dad's name is Ferdinand, but he goes by Ferdie, or sometimes by Dad. My dad's name is Terrence, but I call him dad, and you two call him grandpa. It's... how parents and grandparents... uh... work." She sighed, looking over her shoulder at the kids. "Okay? So let's call your dad. He's Ferdie. F-E-R-D-I-E. There should be a little heart by his name. Can you scroll to 'F' in the list?" She bit her lip, struggling with the weight of the pan, plus the growing need to pee. Why was the baby so freaking active right now?! Just to make it worse.

addaellis

CatWaffle

Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴛʜɪs ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴍ sᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:13 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

6 years || Dublin Primary || quarter veela
Artist

Merc didn't seem to have a clue what a Ferdie was, and Mama was being confusing. Jules stopped scrolling to stare at her mama as she explained Daddy’s name was really Ferdie or Ferdinand and her name was really Elisabet or Bet and--”Is it like a nickname? So Daddy is really Daddy but sometimes called Ferdie? Why not just Dad? Why do you have secret names?” she asked, confused and hurt. ”I thought we didn’t have secrets!”

Juliette did find “Ferdie” though, complete with a little heart. ”Why do you have a heart for Ferdie but not for Daddy?” she wailed, but pressed the call button.

Sure enough, when the voice answered, it sounded like Daddy, which sent Jules into little sobs of ”Daddy? Daddy your real name is Daddy right? Why Ferdie? Why didn’t you tell me you have a secret name?”

setting Home, on the bar by the kitchen. May/June 2054 || with Mama and Merc
appearance 3 ft, white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing Team carrot overall outfit and peas and carrot socks
status What's a Ferdie?!

Cat Waffle

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I believe in fairy tales and serendipitous encounters
Catch a tiger by the tail and make a wish, drink from the fountain
I believe love will prevail, the path is clear for me to follow
Shooting stars will leave a trail for me to fill with joy and sorrow
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie was in the field today. Unavoidably so. He'd much prefer to be home with Bet who was really soon to have the 3rd (and guaranteed final this time) child. Ferdie had been there for Juliette and Mercurio's birth like heck he was going to miss Elara's. He had been busy getting all the needed information so once he was done he would have plenty to write when he heard his phone go off. It was Bet calling. Uh oh. He excused himself and went off to the side"Hey hon whats up? Ferdie greeted after accepting the call.

He definitely didn't expect Jules to interview him (wonder where she got that) She seemed distraught to discover his legal name was not Daddy. Oh boy, prob should've seen this coming. " You guys are special to me so you get to use my special name! He replied hopefully doing damage control. "Is Mama nearby?

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                                  ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                                  ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                                  ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules and Merc, the dream team
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I can't believe I forgot to charge my own arm!

Bet took a deep, calming breath, as she tried to figure out what to say next. "It is like a nickname. A special one?" She felt super guilty for Jules' upset over their supposed secret keeping. This was one of those difficult conversation things. Luckily, Jules found Ferdie's name, asking why he'd put a heart beside his name. "Because Ferdie is your daddy's name, and I love him. So there's a heart."

Luckily, the dream team managed to click the call button. "Click the speaker button! It looks like a... triangle, thing, with little arched lines?" Jules was quickly interrogating Ferdie... or, well, Bet hoped it was Ferdie. Unfortunately she couldn't actually see the screen. She did hear a faint voice talking, though, and figured this was her shot. "Tell him I need him at home! Please? Just for like five minutes! I just... need a hand." Maybe, if nothing else, they'd relay the message. Hopefully not dramatically enough that Ferdie might think she was going into labor. Just a little bit of panic.... just a little.

addaellis

CatWaffle

Bᴀʙʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴍ sᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:36 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Artist

”Is Ferdie a special name?” Jules asked Daddy's voice on the phone, still upset this was apparently a whole secret. ”Why do you have grown-up secret names? Why do you have secrets?! Mama, do you love Daddy more as Daddy or as Ferdie?!”

Mama asked them to find another button, so Jules put the phone down for a moment to look for a triangle...to no avail. Instead, after a moment, Jules picked up the phone again and calmly added: ”Also Mama says she needs you at home in five minutes. For grown up things.”

appearance 3 ft, white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing Team carrot overall outfit and peas and carrot socks
status What's a Ferdie?!

Cat Waffle

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:34 am
User Image

ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ

Ferdie sighed internally he hated to hear his little princess be upset. "Daddy's the special name. I'll tell you guys more once I'm home and help mommy. Tell mom I'll be there very shortly ok. Can you do that for Daddy?" Ferdie said. Once he got confirmation he hung up and quickly told who he needed to tell that he needed to pop home quick. Work knew he was a bit on call with Bet being soon to have a baby so it was no problem. Quickly securing his stuff he apperated home.

Thank goodness for speedy magic travel! He popped home and when he didn't see anyone in the living room he went to the next likely and closest room, the kitchen. While he wasn't wholly sure how or what was going on he took a guess that something had happened to Bet's robot arm. "I'll grab the food. You're faster at freeing yourself." Ferdie said, swooping in and securing the dish. He knew how to get her out of the arm just in case but he was nowhere near as fast as she was.

Once Bet was free and able to do what she needed (likely by this point go pee) Ferdie squatted down to his kids level. "I promised to tell you guys more. But let go and sit on the couch." He would try to lead them over to the couch as Merc grabbed his frog plush. Best crane machine win ever!

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Ferdie, Jules, and Merc
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? He's such a trooper

Bet sighed as Juliette continued her interrogation of Ferdie. Poor guy. Hopefully he wasn't busy with work stuff. She blinked when Jules turned the questioning on her. "I love him both ways, honey. No matter what his name is." She huffed a small sigh, trying to readjust. Never again would she make a roast. Not even in the crock pot. Well... maybe if she had someone else at home... and a fully charged arm.

Jules told Ferdie to be home for "grown up things" and Bet could only sigh. That sounded... bad. Thankfully, Ferdie said he'd be home in just a few minutes, and Bet was so happy her torment was about to be over. The baby was doing a tap-dance on her bladder, earning a small groan of pain. A small pop came from the living room, and like a white knight, Ferdie swooped in and grabbed the heavy baking dish. "You're a hero! Thank you!" She disconnected her arm, and started waddling aggressively to the nearest bathroom.

As she returned, Ferdie was gathering the kids for a nice family discussion about names. She grabbed her portable charger and hooked it up to the kitchen, grabbing one of her other arms (with a 78% charge!) and successfully put dinner in the oven. Doing some quick kitchen math, she set the oven timer, then adjusted her arm to remove the one from the oven. Perfect. Swapping back to the other, she took the newest one and put it on the charge in the living room. After that, she sat beside her kiddos, grinning a bit. Ferdie was so good with the kids, and she felt a bit inadequate compared to him. "The most important part is that no matter what name, we love you guys and each other with all our hearts. We'll always be your mommy and daddy, no matter what. We've got different names for everyone, but the love remains." She gently kissed both their little ones on their noses, then sent a grin over to Ferdie. Luckily he was a good sport and never minded helping with the kids in such wild issues. She subtly swapped his name in her phone for "Daddy Ferdie", which honestly made her feel a little weird. Oh well.

addaellis

CatWaffle

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:11 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Artist

”Daddy says he’ll be home very shortly!” Jules relayed before the phone call dropped. She plopped next to Mama, wondering why Mama wasn’t putting the dish in the grown-up oven. Was she stuck?

Shortly after, Daddy got home and took over, grabbing the dish as Mama did something with her cold arm then hurried off to the bathroom. It didn’t look like anything particularly complicated that Jules couldn’t do! It really was just because she was too short. Blah.

At Daddy’s suggestion, Jules took Daddy’s hand in one hand and Merc’s in the other, forming a chain over to the couch. After a bit of undignified crawling, she managed to hop onto the couch, nestling herself between Mama and Daddy. She was still suspicious of this “Ferdie” and “Bet” naming nonsense-- Daddy was Daddy and Mama was Mama-- but listened quietly. ”I love you too,” she whispered, holding her mommy’s cold hand and burrowing into Daddy’s stomach. Then Jules popped up, a little smirk on her face. ”Would you love us even if we were called Strawberry 1 and Strawberry 2?”

status "Ferdie" and "Bet" are sus, but I love Daddy and Mama

Cat Waffle

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 pm
User Image

ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ

Ferdie sat on the couch and helped Merc on to his lap while Jules sat between them. "I understand you guys are upset you didn't know me and Mama go by something other than daddy? Well you know How your name is Juliette and Mercurio, just like how we gave you that name when you were super little Grandpa Eme gave me Ferdinand as a name. Now we shorten it sometimes but that's our name. But when you guys were born me and Mama got special names. They're so special that very few get to use them. We like to use that special name with you guys because you guys are special to us. I'm sorry we didn't tell you about the other names. If you want to still call me Daddy I would love it" He said hoping that would help her understand.

They had both agreed before Juliette was born to not play to the parents are always right. It was good to show them it's ok to make mistakes and that no one is perfect. Juliette had a funny albeit serious question. "No matter the name, we love all of you dearly and nothing is going to change that." Ferdie said putting an arm around Jules "How about after dinner tonight we go get a treat from the little shop in town to make it up to you guys? Will that earn some forgiveness

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:02 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

7 years || Dublin Primary || quarter veela
Artist

Tuesday of the first week of third grade, Juliette had wanted to play Stink Ball with the rest of her friends in the boys bathroom. Her friends had been fine with it, but when they got caught, the teacher had gotten mad at her for being in the boy’s bathroom.

Then she had been turned down from the junior football team because she was a girl. Even a friend who had defended her about Stink Ball had tried explaining how it wasn’t fair– guys were just stronger and faster! Plus playing football would get her hair all dirty and that couldn’t happen.

Yesterday everyone was saying she only got on the video game team because she was a girl and the school wanted a girl on the team for diversity points. (That was wrong! Jules had been practicing over the summer and the sixth grader that ran the club knew that!)

Today during recess, her friend Astrid had told her that “Will is only friends with you because you’re pretty.” Astrid had made a face and pulled lightly on Juliette’s hair. “It’s probably because your hair is long. And white. Long is pretty, I guess. White is pretty.”

“Oh.” Jules hadn’t been able to think of anything else to say. Juliette liked Astrid’s hair too. It was fluffy and cute short, and was never in the way. Hairpins were invisible and colors popped against it. But Juliette was also bothered by the idea that Will only liked her hair. She had thought he liked their silly art projects. Or her jokes.

Finally, Juliette decided there was only one way to fix all of this. During lunch, she went to the art classroom and spread a bunch of old newspapers off, and ringed it off with tape like she’d seen the older students do. Then she sat over the trash can with a pair of scissors and snipped their hair away until it was short and spiky in the back and a flop in the front. And finally, wrapping her forehead with paper towels, she took a paintbrush and painted what was left of her hair with leftover paint from a previous class. She blew-dry the paint with the bathroom hand-dryer, cleaned up the papers, and put everything away.

Her hair was a disaster. It was unevenly cut everywhere, spikey, with a strand too long on the left, and uneven black paint cracked everywhere. Jules wondered if she looked like Lewis, always with paint everywhere. That was okay. If Will still talked to her today then that would mean he liked more than her hair, right? And if her hair was a mess anyways she could play football, right?

Astrid had gotten mad at her. Karla had laughed at her and said she was even more lumpy. Nikolaj had rolled off his seat in laughter and bonked his head on the table. Will had seemed embarrassed and not said anything anyways. And that was when her teacher had taken Juliette to the headmistress’s office and called Mama to pick her up.

Juliette sat quietly outside the headmistress’s office. This was all because she was a girl. This was all because she had long hair. Jules hugged her paint-covered school bag and waited for Mama to come. She didn’t know how to feel, but she wasn’t happy.

Well, it confirmed that Will only liked her for her hair. Which sucked, because she was almost done with painting the starry sky poster she’d gotten for his birthday.

She looked up when the door opened and walked over to Mama, hugging her cold-arm. "Sorry you had to pick me up early," she murmured. Her hair was still a mess, but Mama would still love her. Mama loved her projects even when she was angry at them for breaking. Daddy had promised to love her even if she was a strawberry. She just wanted to go home. Mama and Daddy would always be her friends.

setting Headmistress's office, early September 2055 || with Waiting for Mama
appearance 3'5", white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing elementary uniform, covered in paint
status Third grade is bad grade.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Home - Garage, Car
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Messy Hair and Messy Emotions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I hope I can help...

Bet was pretty excited to have a rare day alone. Jules and Merc were in school (it was so exciting, wasn't it?) and Elara was hanging out with her grandparents. Ferdie had gone off to work, but Bet figured she could get some good time in in the workshop. Right now, she was lounging on the couch reading a ~saucy~ romance novel and sipping tea from her favorite mug. As she was about to flip the page, her phone chirped excitedly, the number showing from the kids' school.

Without hesitation, Bet grabbed her phone and answered, perpetually terrified of school calls. Luckily it seemed... minor. Well, with Jules, things were never minor. Tugging on capris and a comfy tee, Bet prepared to go collect her daughter (and probably be reamed out by the rather cranky principal). She swiftly attached one of her favorite arms and slid on her shoes, patting her pockets to make sure her belongings were there. She hopped in the car and drove off.

Upon arrival, Bet walked into the headmistress' office, trying not to gasp in shock at Jules' hair. Had other kids done that to her?! If so, Bet would be absolutely enraged. Jules clung to her robo arm, so Bet gently bent down to press a loving kiss on Jules' nose. "Jules, baby, it's never a problem to go collect you. You know I'd drop everything for you." She looked up, speaking with the curmudgeonly headmistress, an eyebrow raised as she spoke on what happened. They found the paint and cut hair in the art room, and apparently Jules had done it alone. "I appreciate you giving me a call, ma'am. I'll take Jules home and we'll get everything sorted out. Don't worry, I'll have her back on Monday." She led her daughter from the room and to the car, setting her backpack in the back seat and making sure Jules was all buckled up.

As she drove, Bet kept conversation light, not wanting to destress the clearly upset girl. When they got home, Bet parked in the garage, which was rare, so that Jules wouldn't have to be exposed to the neighbor kids. "C'mon kiddo, let's head inside and get you cleaned up, then we can chat if you're ready, okay? I'll even make something funky for lunch." She looked back at the girl, covered in paint with messy, choppy hair. Bet remembered feeling stuck out as a kid, but she couldn't remember anything like that... Then again, Jules was incredibly unique.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

7 years || Dublin Primary || quarter veela
Artist

The headmistress had a grumpy talk with Mama, and then they drove home. Mama didn’t seem angry though–she had even said it was no problem and they would have everything sorted out. Juliette was quiet through the short car ride, thinking about how she was going to get her life back, and maybe where there was chocolate in the house she could liberate. Mama parked in the garage today, which was weird, but okay. Jules got off quietly and hung her school bag up. With just a simple, ”Mhm!” she went to her room and then the bathroom.

After about 20 minutes, Juliette padded into the kitchen and climbed up on a bar chair. Her hair was still a mess, cut weird with splotches of paint still stuck in her hair, but she had taken a shower and rinsed some of it out and chained into much more comfortable clothes. Finally, she spoke up.

”“Mama, can I be a boy?” Juliette had a frown on her face. It was only the first week of school, but there was something very wrong. She had seemed cheerful enough when she left for school, but the week had made her think and getting sent off to the headmisstress’s had made her think and now, she had a serious expression. “Can I be a boy? If I try hard enough. Like that one Disney song! I can be a man!”

To be fair, Juliette didn’t really care if she was a girl or a boy. She just wanted to play Stink Ball and football and video games. She wanted to have long hair and a cold arm, and make cool things like Mama and write about cool things like Daddy. What did being a girl or a boy matter for all that anyways?

Jules frowned, staring down at the glass of water waiting for her and flicking the ice cubes. “Actually I don’t know if I want to be a boy either. But like a not-girl. Because then they won’t get mad if I’m in the boy’s bathroom for Stink Ball. And then I can play football. And they won’t get mad if I’m on the video game team because it doesn’t matter. They were okay with Nikolaj on the team, you know, even though he’s also in third grade. But everyone just assumes he’s better than me.” She made a grumpy face. He wasn’t bad. He played differently. And sometimes he even beat Jules. So it was just stupid that people had complained about her being on the team. Not that she wanted them to complain about him being on the team. Jules would rather one of them be able to play than neither of them.

setting Headmistress's office, early September 2055 || with Waiting for Mama
appearance 3'5", white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing linen overall shorts but…kid sized XD + mismatched lemon socks

status Third grade is bad grade.

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Home - Garage, Car
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Messy Hair and Messy Emotions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I hope I can help...

Bet followed Jules into the house, watching her hurry off into the house. While Bet was setting her things down and heading to the kitchen, she heard the shower in the kids' bathroom kick on. Good. She probably needed to wash off some stress. When Jules padded back in, Bet was busy making lunch, plus a super special treat. After a moment, the spunky seven year old spoke up, asking if she could be a boy. Well. This was certainly not the direction Bet thought the day would be going.

Jules asked again, mentioning trying hard enough. Bet turned, setting down a glass of ice water, then placed her hands on the counter, leaning forward. Jules continued, noting that he weren't sure if he wanted to be a boy either, just... not a girl. Apparently they were left out of Stink Ball (what in the seven hells was that???), football, and even felt the position on the video game team wasn't meant to be. Bet took a deep breath, choosing her words carefully.

"You know, growing up, I always wondered if I was supposed to be a girl. Because I didn't know any other girls interested in things like building cars or robotics. It was practically unheard of at my school. And, I'll admit, I found that I loved being a girl, simply because I could kick the boys' butts, even when I wasn't a boy myself. But, Jules, my sweet child, if you don't feel like you should be a girl, well, you might not be. There is a whole spectrum of gender, way, way beyond just boy or girl. There's something called genderfluid, where you shift and change which gender you feel... there's also nonbinary. That one's where you know you're not a boy or girl, but somewhere in between."

Hopefully she did some justice to those while making it bite size. Perhaps they'd swing by the local library for more info. "But, Jules, the absolute most important thing to know is that no matter what you are, boy, girl, or something else entirely, I want you to know your whole family is gonna be right there beside you. Even if you just want to try out being another gender, then deciding that it doesn't quite fit. We'll always be here for you because you, my dear, are a good, kind, and wonderful human. And I love you so very much."

Bet moved around the counter, wrapping her eldest into a deep hug. Another kiss pressed to the top of their head, before lovingly tousling Jules' short hair, much like she did with Merc's messy locks. She offered a loving smile, and robotic boop on the nose. With a shrill beep, the kitchen timer went off. "Perfect timing, little duck. I made your favorite for lunch.... and we're gonna make super chocolate milkshakes too. I figured it was a good day for some extra chocolates." With that, she winked, stepping back into the kitchen to grab the food and plate it up. Once it was all set and Jules had their plate, Bet grabbed a hidden pint of chocolate fudge ice cream from the freezer and made milkshakes, adding extra chocolate sauce to the mix. She poured the ice creamy goodness in two glasses, then topped with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. "Ta-da, the best milkshake ever." She set on beside Jules, then stuck a straw in the top. Grabbing her own food, Bet sat at the bar beside them, hoping that the treat cheered them up a bit.

{{Wearing :: Summer Chic}}
addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items