Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Delacroix Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:38 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

7 years || Dublin Primary || quarter veela
Artist

Mama told her about growing up not having other girls interested in robotics or cars, which made Jules nod a bit. Sure Astrid would play with them occasionally, but now that she thought about it, Jules was the only girl most of the time.

“But, Jules, my sweet child, if you don't feel like you should be a girl, well, you might not be. There is a whole spectrum of gender, way, way beyond just boy or girl.” Mama continued, talking about genderfluid and nonbinary. Maybe...the doctor had just gotten it wrong? Juliette wasn't actually a girl? Mama assured them that even if they wanted to try out being another gender, then decided that that wasn’t the right gender either, that was okay. “We'll always be here for you because you, my dear, are a good, kind, and wonderful human. And I love you so very much."

”Well, good, kind, and wonderful veela anyways! Part-veela.” Jules mumbled. What had that word been? Not-binary? Binary had something to do with computers, which Jules liked the idea of very much. Robots were cool! Juliette didn’t mind being pretty, but pretty cool was even better! ”Can...Can I try being a not-binary then? Because…because I like Astrid, but hanging out with Will or Lewis is more normal. Besides you and Daddy and Merc and Lara and Speck. Like. Juliette is more Juliette. I am more me? In-between is good. Because I like having long hair, and I like being Juliette. So maybe I’m a not-binary? Binary means computers, right? Mama, can I be a human-computer? Computers aren’t boys or girls and they get to be super cool. But I also want to feel things and be alive. How…how do I be these?”

Juliette’s brain hurt now, because they didn’t want to say computers didn’t have feelings and weren’t alive because they didn’t know what it was like to be a computer. Maybe being part-veela also meant they were also part-computer-person. Mama made it all sound normal, not like there was anything wrong. Nothing to be sent to the headmistresses' about anyways.

Mama moved around the counter, wrapping Jules in a tight hug, and kissing their hair, even with the paint. She smiled, and booped them on the nose, which brought a smile to their face in turn.

”Quack,” they replied, eyes crinkling playfully as Mama called them a little duck. ”Shell noodles? And extra chocolate milkshakes!” Jules watched Mama as pulled chocolate fudge ice cream from the freezer–what! They had totally checked for ice cream just yesterday! Where had it been hiding?--and add extra chocolate sauce. They cheered and sipped happily, the cold chocolate washing away the worries and confusions. ”Thanks, Mama. You’re the best!”

setting Home, early September 2055 || with Mama
appearance 3'5", white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing linen overall shorts but…kid sized XD + mismatched lemon socks

status Gender: good, kind, and wonderful human-veela-computer. And chocolate!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I believe in fairy tales and serendipitous encounters
Catch a tiger by the tail and make a wish, drink from the fountain
I believe love will prevail, the path is clear for me to follow
Shooting stars will leave a trail for me to fill with joy and sorrow
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Home - Kitchen Counter
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Messy Hair and Messy Emotions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I love this kid

Bet laughed when Jules mumbled about being part veela as well. "Very well, my precious little veela-ling." She winked at that, a soft chuckle escaping. Even when super upset, it was always Jules to make people grin. It was decided they wanted to try being nonbinary, explaining that it was because Jules liked their friend Astrid, but hanging out with Will and Lewis felt more normal. Apparently Juliette was Juliette, but they didn't feel very Juliette. Bet listened as they explained a bit, then mentioned computers. They even asked if they could be a human-computer since computers weren't gendered and were cool.

"First, to pause, binary means that it has two parts. In this case, a gender binary would be male and female, boy and girl. In the case of those nonbinary, they aren't a girl or boy, but somewhere else on the spectrum. Like with colors. You could be red or blue, right? But a nonbinary person may be green, purple, or orange. And it's perfectly okay to be whatever color, or person, you wish to be. As for a computer... not quite yet, Jules." Another wink, this one more playful.

After the hug, Jules quacked at being called a little duck. "You guessed it, kiddo. Shell noodles, applesauce, and extra chocolatey milkshakes." She grinned back, happy to have appeased the situation, at least for now. When she sat down, Jules happily declared her the best, and Bet grinned. "I'm only the best because you make me better, baby. And hey, after lunch, we can go up to the hair salon and get our hair done. I'm sure you have some big ideas on how you want it to look, but it's okay, I know the perfect person to do it up. We can even put a little color in it, if you want." She lovingly nudged her oldest, a knowing twinkle in her eyes.

{{Wearing :: Summer Chic}}
addaellis

Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴛʜɪs ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴍ sᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:27 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

7 years || Dublin Primary || quarter veela
Artist

Mama paused Jules to explain that binary didn’t mean computer necessarily, but two parts. A gender binary was boy and girl. A color binary was something more like red or blue. ”And a computer binary is….on or off?”. Juliette considered a spectrum. Like a color spectrum. They didn’t know what color they wanted to be. Maybe blue. Maybe orange. Maybe purple. And maybe, not yet, but maybe if they tried really hard, eventually people could be part-computer too. ”People are…a spectrum,” Jules repeated. They tried to think about this more and remembered something Will’s older sister had mentioned before. ”So like…a binary would be good or evil. The forces of Light or Dark. Jedi or Sith. But a spectrum means people can be…” What was a Force-nonbinary? ”Force-fluid?”

With the arrival of their favorite meal, accompanied by extra-chocolately milkshakes, Jules cheered. Mama said she was only the best because they made her better, which didn’t quite click yet, but Jules liked that sentiment. Someone that made them better. And then after this, they could go to the hair salon to do something with it. Jules flicked a clumpy strand of hair away, realizing Mama hadn’t asked about the hair. Headmistress GrumpyGrumps hadn’t been wrong, but Jules explained anyway. ”Astrid said Will was only friends with me because my hair was long and white. So I wanted to see if that was true,” they admitted quietly. “And I guess it was. I liked my hair long and white, but I had to do something different. So I tried to do short and brown, like Daddy’s and yours. The paint was brown to start. And then I used some black because the brown didn’t stick.”

They sipped their milkshake before digging in. Maybe the perfect hair person Mama was thinking about could fix everything. Or do it properly!

setting Home, early September 2055 || with Mama
appearance 3'5", white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing linen overall shorts but…kid sized XD + mismatched lemon socks

status Gender: good, kind, and wonderful human-veela-computer. And chocolate!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I believe in fairy tales and serendipitous encounters
Catch a tiger by the tail and make a wish, drink from the fountain
I believe love will prevail, the path is clear for me to follow
Shooting stars will leave a trail for me to fill with joy and sorrow
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Home - Kitchen Counter
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Messy Hair and Messy Emotions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I love this kid

Bet tilted her head a bit when Jules tried to guess what computer binary was. "Not quite, little duck. Computers use binary code, which is a system of transmitting information using zeros and ones to encode, then send the information. Two characters, zero and one, therefore binary." She tried to explain in a way a seven year old would understand, but Jules was ever a very smart seven year old.

Bet listened as Jules tried to break it down, Star Wars style, nodding at the end result. Honestly, she wasn't sure if that was an option in the Star Wars Metaverse or not... Maybe she'd do research on that... no, there were way more important things that needed her attention right now.

As they ate their nice lunch, they spoke about going to the salon. Apparently that was just enough to get the ball rolling. Jules explained that Astrid (wasn't that one of her friends?) said that Will (that one was for sure a friend) only liked that their hair was long and white. Bet had to admit she was often jealous of Jules' hair, and apparently Elara's too, since hers seemed to be nearly the same shade. Jules had decided to test Astrid's theory by chopping off her hair and attempting to paint it brown. "I see, I see. Well, I'll make you a deal. If you want to try a brand new style and even a new color, we absolutely can. Before we go, you and I can hop on the computer to look at some style and color ideas, that way we can show Mr Archer, okay? And if you want it back the way it was, we can make that happen too. It is entirely up to you. I'll even speak with Headmistress Gruhlke to make sure you don't have any problems with that crabby sow." She paused a moment, coughing softly. "Don't... don't tell her I called her that. I shouldn't have, but my thoughts escaped me." Hopefully they didn't tell Ferdie either....

{{Wearing :: Summer Chic}}
addaellis

Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴛʜɪs ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴍ sᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items