-Transferred from Discord Nov 29th-

11:12 PM] ~astro bab~: Petalnose, had been, for lack of a better word, horrified at the notion that Timberfall was going to go fight dogs. He hadn't even told Timberfall he liked him! Well.. not officially anyway.. he was pretty sure everyone knew by now, it wasn't like the poor tomcat had been trying to hide his feelings. Either way, the idea Timberfall could leave and not return.. he'd lose a possible life with the cat he so desperately cared for, it had made his fur bristle.

He wasnt worried about courage anymore, he'd given himself a while to think it over, if he wanted to confront Timberfall, maybe even confess if the conversation went well.. anyway, he had decided he wanted to, or, needed to, talk to him.

His gaze scanned for Timberfall until it finally locked on him in the camp. "Timberfall!" He called over after a deep breath, slowly approaching. "Can I... Talk with you for a moment..?" @Caffers

[11:12 AM] Caffers: Timberfall looked up from where he was munching on a small rodent. He perked his ears and a content look spread across his face. He looked over the other toms face and frowned a bit seeing an emotional termoil inside of Petalnoses eyes. Sitting up slowly he tipped his head. "Whats wrong? Anything I can do for you?"

Timberfall was content with the unspoken. He had claimed petalnose as his and he assumed Petalnose knew that, with how much he doted on the smaller tom and with how he treated him. He didnt understand really that there was an issue between them having just unknown feelings. @~astro bab~
[11:12 AM] Caffers:

[11:28 AM] ~astro bab~: Petalnose felt his confidence shrink a little bit as the other cat sat up, no longer eating. "Oh, I apologize.. I didn't mean to disturb you and your meal.. I just.. wanted to talk about what happened at the gathering.." he said quietly, awkwardly shuffling his paws before slowly continuing. "And a few other things, if you have the time..!" Petalnose made sure to add that quickly at the end, unwilling yo feel as though he may be pressuring Timberfall into talking even the tiniest bit. Thinking about doing something was so much easier than doing it, especially with Timberfall, seeing as Petalnose couldn't seem to get his words together around him on a normal day, much less now. @Caffers
[11:34 AM] Caffers: He tipped his head and gave petalnose a confused look. "You could never disturb me.... " He frowned and then looked down, "Yeah it was definitely a gathering to be remembered... Im not sure how i feel about us all just coming back home, there was clearly dogs barking... somewhere... and anywhere i can hear them, is too close for my comfort." HE shook himself a bit and then nodded. "I wasnt picked for sunhigh patrol... but i am on the later patrol to set the scent boundaries... YOu can always come with us, but ive the time now..." Timberfall watching him curiously baffled at what was making petalnose uncomfortable this time. Afterall he wanted petalnose to always feel comfortable around him. "I know we had a difference of opinion at the gathering, and its bound to happen some times... but we will always find middle ground somewhere..." HE gave petalnose a cheery look to try and comfort him. @~astro bab~
[11:39 AM] ~astro bab~: Petalnose found himself eased a little bit as he allowed the cat to talk, and found he had no ill will towards him at all for him choosing something else, at least, as far as he could tell. "Oh! I promise I'll make it quick.. heh.. yeah, that was quite the gathering.. I'm glad you're safe though.. and nothing will ever quite top how worried I was at the war in the stars." He decided softly. He gazed off into the sky for a moment before frantically shaking his head. He wasn't here to remember that war with Timberfall, he was here to voice his feelings, because he didn't know when Timberfall would go up there and not be able to come back the next morning. "well.. the dogs had me thinking.. and the fact you wanted to go... You could've gone and not come back to camp.. or.. to me.. and there were some things I wanted to say to you.. that I've decided can't wait any longer.." he gave an awkward look, his pelt heated up a little bit despite himself, he never could quite explain himself well like some other cats, but he usually got the point across. @Caffers
[12:00 PM] Caffers: Timberfall offered a purr. "No reason to rush, there is still a while yet before we leave." He nodded. "Me too... that you are safe i mean... I would hate to see you having to go against dogs.... because you are right... in real time... you cant just lay down and dream them all away...." He gave a comforting purr and shook his head. "You are right... that was definitely a scary time, im glad no one got too badly hurt... well... aside from the obvious," He closed his eyes remembering Jaggedstar, Hollowstep and the deputy that were all killed. He blinked. "Petalnose, I will always comeback to you." He frowned not getting the underlying death tone. "I wouldnt have gotten lost... or turned into a loner... we would have just handled the dogs and then i would have comeback here and back to the warriors den to my nest next to yours." He nodded encouragingly.. Sadly, petalnose had found probably the most obtuse cat in lightningclan. @~astro bab~
[12:14 PM] ~astro bab~: "Well.. yes, yes you're probably right.. but I still want to talk to you about this.. because it's important to me.." he paused and after a little bit of silence he gathered the courage to continue. "You probably know but.. I think you're the greatest cat in this clan.. you're very skilled and kind.. and I'd follow you just about anywhere.. but that's not because you were my mentor...do you know why it is..?" He mrrowed. @Caffers
[12:20 PM] Caffers: He blinked. Putting on his listening ears he focused but once more, petalnose was dancing about an idea and timberfall wasnt figuring out the real issue. He flicked his short tail, pleased as petalnose praised him. He was so glad to hear that petalnose would be with him where ever he should wander. That did his heart happy. He would follow petalnose like a lost puppy, if only the tom would lead him... but he just shook his head. "Well... If you think im the greatest then.... because i can protect you.... " His eyes got wide. "Are you saying what i think you are saying petalnose?! Do you.... " He got a kinda distant look in his eyes a moment and his chest puffed out. "You think i should be a leader?! And that we should run off and start our own clan? Is that what you are telling me?! Thats so kind, but you know that im loyal to Lightningclan!" He purred. "But im definitely flattered!" @~astro bab~
[12:36 PM] ~astro bab~: Petalnose got excited. Did Timberfall understand..?! Oh that would make this so much easier!! But.. nope. "Timberfall, obviously not! I mean, if you started a clan obviously I would follow you, but I'm loyal to Lightningclan as well." He insisted desperately, worried that Timberfall may end up thinking he was disloyal. "I like you! Obviously!" His ears had gone down a little bit. Uhhhhh. Oh he didn't mean to say that just yet..
[12:36 PM] ~astro bab~: @Caffers ( forgot to @ you-- hahn
[12:42 PM] Caffers: Timberfall blinked. "Oh good ok!" He frowned and tipped his head, his reply came without thought or any sense of extreme emotions. "I like you too! Thought that was obvious," He shrugged. But he was still missing the point. He didnt understand why petalnose was having a hard time saying anything, Again, he took their relationship as a give, petalnose was his mate in timberfalls mind and there wasnt a thing that that would change that, he just didnt know he needed to say it out loud, perhaps because males didnt come into heat he couldnt just show poor petalnose how much he cared by gifting him with kits... though... He contemplated... perhaps he should see if he could find another small wandering kit and bring it back to petalnose as a gift... he looked back to the other tom, did he even want kits? @~astro bab~
[1:10 PM] ~astro bab~: Petalnose paused and his entire face heated up. He felt.like if he got any more embarrassed he might be set on fire. It was... No.. he was a mess. "I-i mean! It is.. well, it is but it isn't.. I just mean...I wanted to ask.. W-What.. what ARE we..?' he asked slowly. "Like.. are we... M-mates..? Or..?" He awkwardly shuffled his paws again and again. "Because.. I don't know.. and I don't know how much longer I have to ask you.. with everytjing that might happen.." @Caffers
[6:31 PM] Caffers: Timberfall gave him a look as he was getting more and more embarrassed. He frowned thinking of the other mates he had seen... there was nothing between them to be embarrassed about. He answered before petalnose could continue and smiled as it finally clicked. "Cats... We are cats." He gave an amused purr and then shook his head. "Petalnose.... I consider us mates... I dont want to spend the rest of my life with anyone as much as i want to spend it with you...." His eyes looked over the tom and then sighed. "Although it says something about me as a mate that you would have to ask." He moved to press his side to petalnose;s and licked his cheek. "Even if im oblivious sometimes... I hope you wont leave me." @~astro bab~
[6:37 PM] ~astro bab~: ( Timberfall you just made me.laugh way too hard XD yeah they are cats )
Petalnose couldn't help the small hesitations and quiet amused purr that escaped him at Timberfalls comment. Truly, this tom was.. interesting to say the least. He made his heart want to explode with concern and butterflies while all the same could calm him in moments. Petalnose could never think straight with him near but his head was always clearer knowing Timberfall was close to him and safe... He was an anomaly of emotions constantly. "Really..?" He sounded surprised, his ears perking up as excitement filled his expression. Petalnose purred when Timberfall moved towards him and kicked his cheek. Petalnose nuzzled his had against Timberfalls cheek in response. "I wouldn't dream of it. I'm glad you're safe from those dogs.." he didn't know what he would've done if he'd lost Timberfall to them.. @Caffers
[12:00 PM] Caffers: Timberfall was mostly oblivious but he was finally catching up. He hoped that one day petalnose wouldnt turn to mush when talk to him. He wanted the tom comfortable with him, but on the flip side he loved that he could fluster petalnose so quickly. "Of course... Im sorry that I havent said it sooner, I guess I thought my actions would be enough to let you know how i thought.... " He purred at the nuzzle and he spoke softly. "Me too...."
-Sorry small xD- @~astro bab~
[12:54 PM] ~astro bab~: He flicked his tail over Timberfalls back, pressing close to him, mostly to comfort himself. He was glad they'd sorted that out.. and now maybe he could be closer to Timberfall, and slowly gain more confidence with him. Oh, he was so excited! He was going to curl up and sleep closer to him now.. he gets way too excited over simple things. "I'm glad you were my mentor. You taught me a lot of good things.." some cats may think Timberfall looks a bit... Rough.. and possibly is a little snappish it seems, but petalnose appreciated him. @Caffers