[Discord RP Log]

Chisa:
User Image

Talonfang sighed as he laid in his nest, events from moments before still rattling in his head. Dogs in the forest wasn’t a good sign. Not to mention that Lightningclan had just thrown out a loyal member of its clan. What was going on with the leadership? Was there something in the water that made everyone act out? Even Wildflower, who was always ready for a fight, wanted to be with her kits. Not that there was anything wrong with wanting to be with ones its, he just didn’t expect her to not fight. In a way, he liked it. It meant she wouldn’t put herself in unnecessary danger.

Talonfang groaned a little as he quietly crept out of the Warrior’s den. The cold air blasted his face, clearing it up a little. He sat there, thinking about taking a walk and ensuring nothing came into their territory. Had the night patrol come back yet? He didn’t notice anyone returning. He looked up at the moon. It wasn’t dark any longer, which he was happy about. It gave the camp a silver glow which comforted him. “First a fox and now dogs… Can’t we catch a break?”

Luna/Fea:
"Apparently not." Wildflower hissed as she came up from behind Talonfang, eyeing the tom briefly before casting her blue gaze up towards the moon. Letting out an annoyed sigh, her tail lashed and her ears flickered back towards the silvery blue tom. "Can't sleep? Idle paws make for a restless mind. I can give you something to do." she spoke in her usual business tone. Wildflower took her job very seriously and it wasn't hard to spot that.

Still, it was clear she was frazzled as even her usual smooth, albeit scarred fur, seemed to have a mind of its own. There was a hint to her tone that if a cat listened hard enough, they'd pick up on distress, anger and possibly even worry.

Stifling a growl, she glanced back to Talonfang, while not outwardly showing it, she was happy for a chance to get her mind off things and back to the job at paw. "Patrols should be doubled, just incase. We can't afford to let Riverclan go slack."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chisa:
“I was thinking about going on a walk,” Talonfang said, looking at Wildflower. “Check the borders just in case. Tonight was… interesting. I’ve never seen a gathering end with a cat getting thrown out of their clan.” He sighed and looked around the camp he called his home. He wasn’t present when dogs had decimated Rockclan. He only heard stories, but the looks on those faces at the meeting that had witnessed the first attack. He couldn’t get them out of his head. “As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with him. Something needs to be done. Sitting around and waiting is a bad option… What do you think?”

Talonfang looked at Wildflower once more. He could tell something was off. Her fur was frazzled, and he did notice that something in her voice was off. There wasn’t anything about the she-cat that he didn’t notice. “Motherhood looks good on you, by the way.”

Luna:
Wildflower eyed him. "A walk? By yourself? Brave but foolish." she shook her head. A lone cat was almost certainlya recipie for disaster. At least to that one specific cat. But he had a point. While she hadn't been keen on trying to seek them out immediatly, sitting in one place was also worrysome. "Misleading them would have been best. I don't know what got into Brightstar, or Shadowstar, but Forestclan help us." she snorted, before adding more quietly under her breath that both leaders seemed to have lost their minds. No wonder the sky was so angry. Starclan and Forestclan alike frowned on them.

Still.

Her ears flicked at his last comment and she turned and eyed him up and don a moment. "Don't get used to it. I'm simply fulfilling my duty to the clan and providing stronger warriors." she snorted again, tail lashing. Her mind wandered back towards Roughwhisker briefly before she let out a silent hiss. "I can find you some paws to talk on this walk of yours to be safer."

Chisa:
Talonfang remained silent, but agreed with what she had said. Something seemed odd with the leaders of both clans. He wondered what had happened. Did Brightstar resent Shadowstar for making Riverclan? Or taking loyal Lightning clan members with her when she left? So many things had happened in such a short time.

Talonfang smiled a little. "You seemed pretty worried about leaving your kits motherless at the meeting tonight." He knew he shouldn't tease, but it was kind of fun. He hadn't really had an alone moment with Wildflower and he was enjoying it.

"If you're so incline to have someone walk with me, why not you walk with me?" he suggested as he stood ad stretched his body. "We both seem to have things on our minds. We could both use a walk to clear them up." He glanced over at Wildflower. The moonlight gave her a glow that he had never seen on any other cat. He forced himself to look away, not wanting her to feel like he was staring at her. "So, what do you say?"

Luna:
Wildflower narrowed her eyes at him more. "I'm not heartless Talonfang. I don't wish any kit to grow up without their mothers or fathers. Its my duty as their mother to raise them to be strong warriors." she insisted, her tail lashing.

Once, long ago, she'd have said something different. She'd have delighted to be a mother, raising her loyal Lightningclan kittens side by side with Roughwhisker. But then he changed. Something in him snapped, he went....almost rabid and now the only thing she had to remember him by were these scars.

Turning her head with a snort, she paused and groomed a paw, listening to him. Cats were already stretched thin as it was and if this tom cat insisted on going for a walk then she had nothing better to do. It wasn't like she could sleep anyways. "Fine. If only to ensure we lose no more cats. I'll walk with you." she eyed the tom cat briefly before getting up and heading to the camp exit, not even waiting on him.

Chisa:
Talonfang couldn't help the silly smile on his face as he followed. "As you wish. No cats will be lost tonight." He wondered if he took his normal route if Wildflower would follow him, or would she take the lead. Either way, he didn't care. He was alone with who he thought was the most beautiful she cat in the clan.

"Do you plan on having anymore litters after this one?" he asked, turning to take his normal walk route. He glanced at Wildflower as he spoke. She did say not to get used to it, but she spoke about doing her duty to the clan. Surely that meant more litters. He wondered if he would ever have a litter for the clan.

Luna:
“Good, we can’t afford to lose any paws.” Was all she had said to his first statement.

Like the deputy she was, Wildflower found herself pushing a head as if she were leading a patrol before realizing it was just her and one other cat. Letting out a sigh of pent up emotions from the days prior, she slowed down and turned to let him catch up, following where he was going but still staying in the lead if only by a few paw lengths.

When he spoke again she froze, the fur on her spine stood up briefly before laying flat and she let her tail slim again. “If the need arises for it, though it wouldn’t be any time soon.” She said matter of fact. Being cooped up in the nursery was not her ideal way to spend the day, even if she did want to see her kittens grow into strong fine warriors and have a paw in making sure they became the best they could be. Wildstripe was a strong and promising warrior and any queen would be lucky to call him a mate. But any time she closed her eyes, all she saw was the twisted snarl of Roughwhisker as he turned crazed and fled.

“I’m surprised Flamedapple hasn’t flooded the nursery yet with Foxkittens.” She snorted as an after thought and drew herself back to reality as she pressed on, checking scents as she went.

Chisa:
"I am too if I'm honest," Talonfang said as he turned towards the river. He wanted to tell her how he felt, but something inside him made him hold back. He wasn't sure if he was more afraid of her running away and rejecting him later or if she rejected right then and there. She was really the only female that had ever caught his eye, regardless of his reputation of being a flirt.

"Wildflower, there's something I would like to say to you," he said, for the first time feeling nervous. "That is, if you'll listen to me."

Luna:
Wildflower had stopped to check another scent border, her ears only slightly catching the sound of him speaking previously. She nodded absent minded, head raised towards the sky, mouth slightly parted as she let the scents waft over her palette before he spoke again and she turned towards him, her full attention on the tom cat now. "Yes? What is it?" she asked, thinking he had something to report, not the best on picking up emotions anymore other than anger or intense energy.

Chisa:
Talonfang took a deep breath. His claws dug into the ground for a moment as he looked at Wildflower.

"For a long time, I've been watchimg you," he started. "At first I admired you. Your beauty and strength. When you got hurt, I wanted to comfort you, but I didn't want to scare you. When you choose Riverclan, I followed. My admiration grew more and somewhere along, I fell in love with you. I want to be there for you when you're feeling down, or when your happy." Talonfang sighed a little. "I don't expect an response, I just wanted to tell you how I felt. What I have been feeling and what I will always feel. I'll always have your back no matter what you decide."

Luna:
Wildflower was absolutely speechless.

Her mouth hung open and at random times would close and then open again. She looked much like a deer caught in two-leg monster eye beams as her own blue eyes were wide open. Something prickled down her spine and it wasn't nessecarily good either.

Images of her past flooded into her mind, the love she once had and how it had literally been ripped from her, now only emotional and physical scars remaining. The fur on her spine was completely on end as she fought to keep her tail from bushing and a hiss from escaping her. "Talonfang." she spat at first, her tone harsh.

It took her longer to sooth that down as well. She didn't know how to answer him. She almost couldn't answer him. And she wouldn't ever dare let him know that it wasn't him at all. It was her... it was all her. But she blamed all tom cats for it... it was easier this way. At least for her.

"You... are a strong warrior. I can admire that.. I can respect that. But I am..... I'm just not meant for love. I can't...." she fumbled over her words, seemingly angry but not nessecarily at him. Perhaps..... more at herself? She stood silent for several more seconds, not able to produce any words from her mouth until finally she managed to spit some out.

"We have borders to check yet..."

Chisa:
Talonfang chuckled as a purr escaped him. He knew he would have gotten this reaction from her. It wasn't anything new to him.

"Everyone is meant for love," Talonfang said. "Some just love the wrong one, which makes it harder for anyone else to come along. I'm not angry or upset. I've loved you for a long time, so even if I have to wait longer I won't mind. Not all of us are the same. I won't stop loving you though.. I've tried, but it just hasn't happened. Maybe I'm just.... stubborn." He sighed and glanced at Wildflower. He was actually quite proud of himself. He finally told her how he felt. If he wanted to get to know him better, it was now up to her. He didn't want to make her feel any more uncomfortable then she already did.

"As you wish," Talonfang said. "We still have much of the border to check."