Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[Festival 2019] The Tree Ceremony (complete)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 am
User Image

((Please reply whenever you can. It will not be one at a time, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to finish everything.

You will post your lion approaching Skan Kanati. (include their full name!) He or she will need to offer something small, like a bit of hair. Skan will toss it into a pile of smoldering herbs and plants, and from the way the smoke swirls, he will determine what clan they will be. I will roll in the same post as he does this (probably a cookie-cutter post, but I will do my best to make each post unique for you), and so you will see what clan your lion goes into. If you want to rp a response to this, feel free to do so!

The dice:
1. Bird
2. Earth
3. Mantis
4. Shadow
5. Sky
6. Wolf

If you have any questions, please PM Safaia.))

Tree Applications, 2019

Roll Clan
♥ Ko'koa - MiddyGlow (Mantis)
♥ Zhakele - AstoriaFallen (Bird)
♥ Zeus - MiddyGlow (Bird)

Requested Clan
none

♥ = posted

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ko'koa was a little nervous this was something she wanted a great deal, she didn't have a home or family of her home. She had decided to make something as a gift for the ceremony as well as giving a little tuft of her hair from her tail. She had taken berries and crushed them and painted a sunrise of a pale piece of bark. Ko'koa loved art it was part of who she was. She didn't really have any other markers since she was an orphan and had no one else to compare herself to but art was something that spoke to her heart. She approached Skan Kanati and she shyly offered him the picture she had made. "Umm, this is for you, thank you for accepting me into your pride." She said softly. She wondered what clan the smoke would say she belonged in.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zeus felt lighter then he had in a long time, he loved his family and he always would but this was something that had been missing from his family he wanted to live in a pride with others. He knew he might not see his family again for a long time but he had not seen them lately anyway. He had been depressed and withdrawn for a long time. He had only recently picked himself up to seek what he wanted a life of his own. He cut a piece of his mane with his claw and offered it to the tattooed male lion Skan Kanati. "I am Zeus." He said his tone steady and not shy. He didn't have a preference as to what clan he would be placed he looked forward to meeting the other members.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Another year, another set of new initiates to sort into their new clans. The incoming group was rather small this year. There were more onlookers than pledgees, those who had joined in previous years, and clan mothers who were interested in seeing if any new blood would be joining their clans.

Truth be told, he preferred it this way. A smaller filter of new blood would make it easier for the new members to adjust to life, as many ex-rogues would be able to help a few adjust to the new nomadic way of life rather than many all at once. They would get more one on one time with their new extended families.

Still, it was not something that he would admit aloud, not in this moment. Maybe later when he made his rounds to see how everyone was doing. Everyone deserved their own chance to shine.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:07 pm
MiddyGlow

The first one to approach him exuded a bit of a contradictory confidence. She seemed sure that this was where she wanted to be, but there was an edge of uncertainty and shyness in her steps. She seemed certain of whet she wanted, but just had enough reservation to those around her to not seem overly dependent on putting everything into one basket.

As she approached, Skan felt more confident that she was just emotionally empathetic and wanted to ensure that she wasn’t being a burden on others. It was a good trait to have, and he felt like she would fit in here well once she felt more at ease with her new home.

“Hello, Ko’koa. Welcome to the Ela’wadiyi. I am sure you’ve learned a lot in your life before coming here, as is shown in the offering you’ve brought me. Your creation will help me see what clan you belong in as you become part of this pride.” Her dropped it into the smoldering pile of ashes, watching as the low burning fire flared up for a moment once it hit the heat. It was rather pretty as it swirled around the two of them, dissipating into the air.

“You are to be in the Mantis clan. Welcome, again.”

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 pm
MiddyGlow

To contrast the previous lioness, the next one to approach exuded a level of lackadaisical exuberance, and yet... a hidden level of care. Perhaps he hadn’t quite expected his life to turn out the way it had, or he had felt lost at one point and only began to feel more whole once he determined what path to take in his life.

“Hello, Zeus.” He watched carefully for any possible cues and hints of wishes and concerns in his body language. It seemed he was ready to learn about his future, and was not afraid to know what it would hold. At times, he would worry about these types in the past. Did they have good intentions? Or were they more interested in moving through life quickly and impulsively. Still, after handling the tree ceremony for several years, he had begun to learn that those who lived with gusto such as Zeus really did have the best of intentions.

“Your heart is true, even if you may have moment of doubts. You will be welcome here, within the Bird clan. Please let me be the first one to welcome you into our clan.”

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 am
User ImageHere he was, being accepted into a new pride and he was a bit nervous about the whole thing. While he knew his life in his old home wouldn't last he hadn't thought he'd find a new one so quickly. Still, this was an unknown place and he could start anew here.

This made him grow more and more excited as he approached Skan Kanati. Giving a bow of his maned head he looked up at the pale male with rich colored markings. "Skan Kanati, my name is Zhakele. I have traveled a great deal to find myself upon your lands and I seek to call it my Home." Offering up a leather bound tooth necklace, adorn with a feather, he took a step back from the male and waited to hear what he had to say in return.

Safaia

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 pm
AstoriaFallen

Such a small group... to think that they were already near completion of this year’s Tree Ceremony. He was rather enthused that it was short. He would have a little extra time to answer any questions after the ceremony was complete, as well as help introduce them to their Alu’nadi. As the other male left, he turned his focus to the pale maned one approaching him now.

A rather classic look, one that Skan felt like was almost rare to see nowadays. He looked rather young, still a bit untested with how he held himself. A touch prideful, perhaps, but in a way that expressed confidence in his steps and mind. He may be one to keep an eye on in the next couple years. “Welcome, Zhakele.”

Skan accepted the offering, a rather intricate trinket that would even make the Wolf clan give it a second glance. A bit of a shame to ruin it as per sacrificial custom, but it is what the male had decided to offer as a piece of himself for his future. As Skan placed it in the shouldering pile of herbs and ash, he watched as it struggled to curl within itself as the smoke began to sputter and swirl towards the sky. He glanced at the male as he was reading the smoke trails, curiously wondering what his future would hold.

“Your offering has spoken for you, and you are to become part of the Bird clan.”

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:37 am
Zhakele listened to the male as he spoke and he couldn't help but beam brightly as his offering was taken and tossed into the pyre, the smoke dancing up into the sky. While he didn't see anything of much note, the male before him seemed to see something there that meant what clan he'd take homage in.

The Bird Clan.

Oh that sounded like quite the fit! Especially since vultures were a common companion to many of those that had lived in his old pride. Perhaps it was fate after all that had brought him here.

"Thank you very much, I hope I bring the Bird Clan much honor." Honestly if he didn't make a fool of himself before the end of all this, he'd count himself lucky.

"I find it a sign that I be placed there since in my old home the Vulture was and is the main companion to many of the lions that reside there."

Safaia

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff